Valve's console

DoubleUp

So, a low range PC with TV out? that was made in the mid-80's and it failed ridiculously (IBM PC-JR, Tandy) well, those failed because they were way overpriced. But this steam thing sounds well priced. But should be based on something already done, perhaps an ARM CPU business with 256MB of RAM, think on a tablet without screen, I bet on that not being able to run modern games or full versions...

So, a low range PC with TV out? that was made in the mid-80's and it failed ridiculously (IBM PC-JR, Tandy) well, those failed because they were way overpriced. But this steam thing sounds well priced. But should be based on something already done, perhaps an ARM CPU business with 256MB of RAM, think on a tablet without screen, I bet on that not being able to run modern games or full versions...

I would be careful in underestimating Valve project. Remember that people labeled the X-Box as the "PC in console clothes"? Well I thoughts so too...Until Bill Gates machine showed me a thing or two. That's true that there was spectacular failures in the past, but thats precisely the reason why Valve heave the bigger chances with succeeding - they can learn from mistake of others.

But in the end, it matters little if they hit a jackpot or not. If they fail, "Sure, whatever". And if they succeed? That will mean that a rivalry between the systems on the market will flare up even more. The companies will be forced to invent a new ways to please us and give us better exclusives (because they will still be there, I assure you). In the end we can only gain from this, as we have nothing to lose.

"Console" is still fairly misleading term. It's a gaming PC designed with controllers in mind. All it will do is play PC games on steam. There will be no games exclusively for this system, hence why it is not a console.

Either way, I'm super excited about the steambox!

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk HD