(Canterlot) Spellbound Beginnings [Sign-Up in OOC Thread]

Bellosh

[colour=#008080]"That's really a cool idea, modifying food and drink like that."[/colour][colour=#282828] Licorice accepted the pastry and the soda sample. She first sampled the first bottle hoofed to her. [/colour][colour=#008080]"That tastes like AWESOME!!"[/colour][colour=#282828] She giggled. [/colour][colour=#008080]"..and by awesome, I mean black cherry. The enhanced carbonation really does make a difference. It's a very full, fizzy black cherry flavour. Write that down Razor"[/colour][colour=#282828] She bit into the warm pastry, pure genius warming her taste buds. [/colour][colour=#008080]"I'm impressed, Abbot! If you don't mind my asking, what was it that happened that one time?"[/colour][colour=#282828] Licorice wasn't worried, just curious, and always down for a good story.[/colour]

Abbot rubbed the back of his head with a hoof as he spoke. [colour=#add8e6]“Well, when I first started testing there was an issue with one of the ingredient. Instead of carbon gas to make the soda bubbly I unintentionally… used helium.”[/colour] He became a bit red. [colour=#add8e6]“No one was harmed but the side effects where rather... surprising. The pony wasn’t all too happy about it either. But if I ever need to be able to float I guess I have this.”[/colour] He raised a bottle from his saddle bag and showed it to the others, it had a sticker with a single balloon on it.

[colour=#add8e6]“The problems fixed now so no need to worry.”[/colour] He said quickly hoping that he hadn’t scared them out of eating the food. “[colour=#add8e6]Anyway, thanks for the compliments Licorice. Pocket is somewhat correct though, it took a lot of practice to get these to where they are now. I’d be lying if I said I’ve never burnt my tongue testing those pasties. Even now after a few years I still occasionally blow something up.”[/colour] He took another bite out of the pastry.

[colour=#add8e6]“So Licorice, what got you into potion brewing?”[/colour]

• 2 weeks later...

Pocket Change started listing the reasons why he wouldn't drink the concoction and Razor laughed, having dealt with potions before, he knew the various reactions. "You have quite the imagination there Pocket! If any of that were true, we'd see the results in Abbot as it is clear that he self tested the concoctions! Though I'm still weary on the pastries, I've seen enough effects from potions and medicines to know that there should be no real danger from this, other than a bit of excess gas."

"Aha!", the unicorn waved his hoof at Razor with a sly look on his face, "You pointed out the worst case scenario! Considering all the lovely ladies we have within range, I believe a case of the 'bilabial fricative' or 'body burp' would be a horrible thing to do about now and completely ruin my changes of getting any late night 'Sorceress-snuggles'", he added with a wink, "The pizza should be fine. The fellas at the 'Grease Pit' might not be from Manehattan, but they have fully perfected the art of making pizza with a razor thin crust, and I do love how the oils just bubble up into the assortment of toppings. One bite and you'll be hooked!"

"Err... you might need to repeat that a little slower so we can make sure everything is covered."

"Just ask for an 'Number 13' or 'Heartburn Special'.", the unicorn replied back with a grin, "They might have a few papers and wavers for you to sign before they let you order the pizza, but it's nothing special! Nothing at all!"

She remembered all of it with hardly any sweat; clearly, Dancer’s list-memorizing abilities have made her AWESOME! “HAH! I don’t need any confounded list!” the unicorn boasted, craning her head high in triumph knowing that forgetting the order would be a complete improbability.

Talk on the other side of the table of learning how to teleport was of great interest to the stallion, but he feared the assortment of dangers one faced when practicing an spell that apparates or disapparates the spellcaster. He had heard stories of hapless unicorns teleporting themselves into solid walls or other ponies. There was also the chance if one does not concentrate continually upon ones destination, there was the risk of leaving parts of ones body behind! The horror! Moondancer quickly snapped the young pony into attention, "Oh yeah. Very good! Wish my memory was as good as yours. Would make things easier!"

Heart Healer suddenly realized that while she thought that she had the free time this evening she really had an even more important meeting to attend to. It was a psychology lecture that she marked on her calendar but seemed to slip her mind until now.

[colour=#800080]"Oh, excuse me everypony, but I do have to get going. I'm sorry that I can't stay but something came up. Hopefully I'll see you again."[/colour]

The mare left the guild feeling embarrassed that she had to make such an abrupt exit. But her embarrassment was quickly replaced by the need to get to the Canterlot University's lecture hall before she was late.

(OOC: I am reworking Heart Healer and need to pull her out of this thread. Fear not, I will still be keeping Fire Heart here.)

• 4 weeks later...
9QqAB3q.png?2

Before Moondancer managed to leave the warehouse, she noticed a peculiar object out of the corner of her eye. The object was a plain ole’ cardboard box off to the corner, but something about it intrigued her. It obviously was brought here for the meet-up this evening, but why it hadn’t been opened yet remained a very peculiar mystery... but not for long!

“Moondancer, what’s the matter?” Ignoring Ingrid Marie’s question, the moon-flanked mare galloped over to the box to look at it it. Upon closer inspection... it looked just like every other box she ever saw in her life. Not hearing any other objections, Moondancer concluded that the next logical course of action was to well... open the box. Summoning her magic, the white-coated unicorn brought the cardboard container into the air before delicately taking the top off, revealing-

“Are... are those badges?” asked a now-curious Counselor Marie, observing that the contents of the box happened to be painted badges fashioned after the apparent logo for the magic guild. Moondancer for her part wasn’t able to bring herself to think of how these badges were made... art had never been her strong point anyway. But whatever these brooches were, they looked COOL!

Levitating all the badges into the air for all to see, an awed Moondancer somehow knew right then that this group would be tons and tons of fun! “These things are pretty spellbinding,” the young mare lovingly quipped; “Don’t you think?”

"Muh?", Pocket Change was so lost in thought over his upcoming pizza (and possible heart attack) that he nearly missed Moondancer's discovery. Thankfully his (highly marketable and adorable) mouse sidekick was paying attention. Miss Mouse quickly scurried over to the small box, snatched one of the medals and quickly brought it to her stallion. "What's this?", he glanced down at the badge the young mouse held.

mageguidbadge.png

"This is rather nice. I'm assuming this is our guild badge.", he held the small and shiny object made of unidentified material, "Wonder if it's magical?", he was surprised at the quality of the brooches considering how things had been so far, "Guess this makes for a good beginning of sorts.", he glanced over at the others curious to see what their expressions were.

Before Fire Heart left with the others for pizza, she noticed a curious looking box nearby, one that didn't fit in with the rest of the crates and boxes in the room. She walked over and levitated on of the badges out to examine it. It looked to her like Princess Celestia's and Luna's cutie marks somewhat along with three stars.

[colour=#ff0000]"So I guess this makes me a full fledged member then," [/colour]she said staring at the badge, [colour=#ff0000]"I can't wait to see what new things I'll learn in this group!" [/colour]

[colour=#cccccc]Gray looked at the badges that had been discovered and gave a laugh. He retrieved two, one of which he passed off to his young charge. Spirit stared down at it curiously, not understanding what it was at all. Gray just gave her a reassuring nod which in turn produced a small smile.[/colour]

[colour=#999999]"Well, I suppose with these it's official! We are now a guild,"[/colour] [colour=#cccccc]Gray said conclusively with a boisterous laugh.[/colour] [colour=#999999]"May these badges guide us ever in the direction of greatness and adventure."[/colour]

[colour=#cccccc]The old stallion still wasn't sure what the future for this guild truly held. He had gotten a taste of the group this day, and wasn't entirely sure what to make of all of them. All the same, looking down at the badge, he felt a surge of confidence. Maybe this arrangement truly would take them somewhere. At the very least, something would come of it, he was sure. Through this experience, Spirit would find a means to open up. For all his bombast and proclamation on the matter of legends, that somehow felt even more important. Glancing toward the filly as she continued to look down at her badge, Gray couldn't help but smile fondly. He had made the right choice in coming here.[/colour]