Mirror's Edge

Mirror's Edge is a game developed by DICE[colour=#424242][/colour]under EA[colour=#424242][/colour].

Well, it's old, yes. It is also still amazing. If there world was only a complete free run environment...

Anyways, this game is about a city where all information is being monitored. There is one way to slide past this, and that is by being a Runner - A messenger who are capable of communicate freely.

In the game, you play as Faith, (in first-person view) one of the more skilled Runners "who's uncovered corruption at the city's core, and now is being hunted".

Two of the more "Favorited" reviews:

"The most exciting first-person adventure of the year*" -EGM
"Mirror's Edge is a stunning twist on the action genre." -IGN.com

It also has won GamePro Best of E3 2008, and the Best Original Game '08.

So, what is your thought on this game, gamers? If you have played it, would you look forward to another? (It was "announced" that a second game is in production now).

Just thought I would throw this out there,

post-5614-0-30251000-1358219656_thumb.jp

It's funny, because there is actually a mod for tf2 called Parkour Fortress, which is a lot like mirror's edge.

Really? If I can find that mod... XD

I loved the game and I loved the extra time trials even more! For the new game I'd like to see what DICE can do with the Frostbite engine to be honest.

That would be great to see. Hopefully smooth in movements and such things.

I actually just started playing it *tonight*. Generally pretty awesome so far, though it feels a bit rough around the edges. Mainly the combat and how the movements don't "flow" very well if you're just a little bit off. I'd think an experienced runner wouldn't actually get stuck on the corner of a pipe or fail to grab a ledge because she wasn't facing it at a right angle.

It was fun for a time, but even though they said there were lots of paths to take and ways to get things done, the majority of the game was fairly linear... It was cool to do a button combo that got you to jump a gap, run up a wall, grab a pole, hop to the other side and slide into a vent though, moments like that where everything went perfectly was great...

... And then I just beat it last night. That was a *very* short game.

It kinda feels like the development team was given unlimited money but very limited time.

That is what I had to say about it. Short. I think that is why they added time trials.

It was fun for a time, but even though they said there were lots of paths to take and ways to get things done, the majority of the game was fairly linear... It was cool to do a button combo that got you to jump a gap, run up a wall, grab a pole, hop to the other side and slide into a vent though, moments like that where everything went perfectly was great...

Linear with the random parallel paths.

It was a fun time, even though it seemed a tad bit short, but it's where I got my first Platinum trophy and it holds a special place in my heart. I never knew about a second game, though.

It's been stated as 'In the making', so it should be out there. Its all about waiting to see, now.