Among Friends and Coffee (PM Derpyy to join)

Starbuster

[colour=#4b0082]~Stardust Shine~[/colour]

Stardust dropped into the outskirts of the small town by the name of Ponyville. It was a quaint town, but had it's fair share of adventure, what with being Twilight Sparkle and all of her friend's hometown. But nowadays was quieter, and less eventful. She landed, her hooves brushing against the moist grass, flattening it. Trotting into town, she examined her surroundings. Multicoloured houses lined the streets, the sunlight reflecting off of them, making the road different colours. She smiled, and trotted towards the place her sister had said they would meet. She stepped into the Coffee Shop, allowing the strong scent of Coffee to fill her nostrils. She smiled once more, and ordered a strawberry milkshake. She had no love for coffee, though she enjoyed the smell of it. She sat at a table near the window, and sipped at her milkshake, waiting for her sister to arrive. She saw her outside, and saw as Moondust entered the Coffee Shop.[colour=#4b0082] "Hey sis!"[/colour] She said, waving. Moondust grabbed her drink and sat down quickly, just as a stunningly white unicorn stallion entered the Coffee Shop. She ran her eyes over him quickly, and then returned to conversing with her sister. [colour=#4b0082]"So you excited to be living here? Cloudsdale's exciting and all, but I think this'll be good for us. Gives us a chance to make some new friends."[/colour] She said, smiling at Moondust, hoping her sister liked the idea.

[colour=#800080]~Moondust Shine~[/colour]

Moondust trotted into town, excited about her meeting with her sister. She loved the fact that her sis brought up living in Ponyville, but she didn't want to let on so easily that she loved this idea. She trotted towards their meeting place, admiring her surroundings. The plants were in bloom, and vegetables were growing quite nicely in all of the gardens. She spotted Carrot Top on her way to the Coffee Shop, and dropped her some bits for her hard work. She loved charity, and she was the more compassionate of the sisters. Carrot Top smiled at her, and Moondust continued on her way. When she arrived at the Coffee Shop, she stepped inside. She went to the counter and ordered a cappuccino, as she liked coffee, unlike her sister. She heard the doorbell jingle as Stardust called her over. [colour=#4b0082]"So, you excited to be living here? Cloudsdale's exciting and all, but I think this'll be good for us. Gives us a chance to make some new friends."[/colour] Moondust could barely contain herself as her sister's words filled her with smiles.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Light walked into his favorite coffee shop and looked around. He loved Ponyville so much more that Canterlot and was so happy to be in the shop again. He looked around at all the other ponies that were drinking their beverages and smiled at them. He overheard a two ponies talking about being excited to be living in Ponyville and this made Light produce a big smile on his face. But he didn't want to be awkward to the two ponies so he walked up to the counter to order a drink. "One coffee please, with extra sugar." Light knew that the coffee only costed two bits but he left five and smiled at the coffee waitress. He looked over at the table with the two ponies and saw that there was a seat open by them. He looked at both of the ponies and took a sip of his coffee and said, "Hello! My name is Light Harmony!" "But pleas, call me Light,..or Harmony..I don't really care which."

He smiled at them again and put his coffee on the table in a spot he thought was ok. He looked at the two ponies again and said, "So, I don't mean to be rude but I overhead you saying that you were excited to be living in Ponyville. I'm assuming you're new here then eh?" He smiled at them and said, "May I know your names?"

[colour=#800000]-???-[/colour]

He slowly, very slowly made his way off the train. He snapped his head to the right. Clear. Then to the left. Clear. Upwards. Clear. He allowed himself to sigh in relief. They hadn't followed him there. He was safe. He was-

"Sir!"

[colour=#800000]"WAAAAAH!"[/colour] He jumped in the air and landed a few meters away, his heart threatening to burst out of his chest and his glasses on his mane. What he found, though, was only a group of very annoyed ponies. He blinked and then understood. [colour=#800000]"O-Oh! I was blocking the exit! Ah! Ahahah! Sorry!"[/colour]

"Sorry, he says." The ponies mumble other threats as they descended the train, the blue earth pony laughing sheepishly all the while.

[colour=#800000]'Great first impression. You're a real pro at fitting in, huh?'[/colour] He sighed, retrieving his glasses and adjust his saddlebags before heading for the city proper. It was a small town, but bursting with life and ponies of all kinds, colours and ages. And they seemed all happy. He smiled. This would be a good place where to start again. [colour=#800000]'Okay. If I remember correctly, the house should be...'[/colour] A thunder roared. But, since it was a clear spring afternoon... [colour=#800000]"... I should probably get something to eat first, huh?"[/colour] He told himself, blushing as he sniffed around. His nostrils caught the strong aroma of coffee. [colour=#800000]"Hmm... Strong aroma, but unfamiliar. A custom blend... Sold!"[/colour] With a grin, he headed for the coffee shop, following the aroma. He arrived there still sniffing at the air.

"Uhm, sir? Are you alright?" The waitress asked him, clearly puzzled by his behaviour.

[colour=#800000]"Hmmm, I will be when I can get a cup of this delicious coffee."[/colour] He answered with a grin.[colour=#800000] "Mind getting me a pastry with that, too?"[/colour]

"Oh! S-Sure!" She quickly recovered, and guided him to a table. He inwardly smiled. Indeed, a good place. Plenty of inspiration.

A creamish tan unicorn trotted through the streets. It was sunny out, so Coffee Rush hid her eyes under her brown and yellow cap. You see, Coffee was a city filly. She lived in the big city of Manehatten. Today she visits her hometown, Ponyville. Everypony seemed so different and so grown up.

Coffee walked into the coffee shop near by. The bitter scent of coffee filled her nostrils. Oh, those days when she was a filly and walked past the coffee shop after school. She, then, could not have a cup of coffee since her parents were very strict especially on coffee. The smell made her excited and hyper!

Huh, she hasn't met the three ponies over there ever! Or maybe she did when she was really little.... Maybe if she would talk to them the conversation would rack up her memories.

"Hey everypony!" She bounced over to the table. "Do you remember me at all? It's Coffee Rush!"

Moondust was about to reply when she was cut off by the unicorn who had stepped inside behind her. [colour=#0000cd]"Hello! My name is Light Harmony! But please, call me Light, or Harmony, I don't really care which." [/colour]He said with a smile. Stardust shot a look over to Moondust with a look in her eyes like[colour=#4b0082] Is he crazy or something? [/colour][colour=#0000cd]"So, I don't mean to be rude, but I overheard that you were excited to be living in Ponyville. I assume you're new here then, eh?"[/colour] He said, with his smile on his face still. Stardust and Moondust both understood now. He was just trying to be friendly. [colour=#0000cd]"May I know your names?" [/colour]He asked courteously. "I'm Stardust, and this is my sister Moondust. Yes, we are new in town. Have a seat, friend." Stardust said, indicating the seat next to her.[colour=#800080] "So what's it like living here? We haven't quite found a house yet, but we're looking to have one by the end of the day. Anything you can recommend?"[/colour] Moondust asked him, smiling brightly at him, just as a pony entered the shop. [colour=#8b4513]"Hey everypony!"[/colour] The pony said excitedly, bouncing over to their table.[colour=#8b4513] "Do you remember me at all? It's Coffee Rush!"[/colour] Stardust wasn't sure how to respond to this energetic pony.[colour=#800080] "Umm... we're new in town, so no, probably not. Though i'm sure i'd remember you if i'd have ever met you before now!"[/colour] Moondust said with a giggle. She invited the energetic pony to their own table so they could chat, leaving Stardust with Light. [colour=#800080]"So, I'm guessing you've been out of town for a while to think complete strangers are people you know, eh? What's your story?" [/colour]Moondust said to Coffee Rush. Meanwhile, Stardust was with Light.[colour=#4b0082] "Anyways, as we were saying, any you can recommend?"[/colour] Stardust asked Light, a smile on her face.

"[colour=#000080]Stardust, Moondust. I am guessing you two are related[/colour]?" He chuckled a bit and then began to think of how to answer their question. But then an energetic pony came up and Light didn't seem to know her but she seemed like she knew all of them. He looked at the pony and said, "[colour=#000080]Hello Coffee Rush! My name is Light Harmony[/colour]." He smiled at her and then let her continue doing what she was doing. Light then focused back on Stardust. "[colour=#000080]Well I live in a small cottage near the center of Ponyville and I have to say I love it! Everypony is nice and friendly! [/colour][colour=#000000]Light took a sip of his coffee and then said, "[/colour][colour=#000080]There are a few houses open for buying or renting near where I live. If you wanted you could talk to the mayor about getting a house." [/colour][colour=#000000] Light smiled at the mare and said to her, "[/colour][colour=#000080]I would personally recommend a house closest to mine so you can hear the music."[/colour][colour=#000000]He chuckled at what he said and then took another sip of his coffee.[/colour]

Oh, well then! New residents of Ponyville! That's fantastic!

[colour=#800080]"So, I'm guessing you've been out of town for a while to think complete strangers are ponies you know, eh? What's your story?" [/colour]Moondust asked.

"Me? Well I moved to Manehatten and opened up a coffee shop to make a chain of them. I'm in a competition with my cousins from Fillydelphia, they have the same dream too." Coffee gave a dramatic growl which was unnecessary. "Where are you two from?"

Light sat at the table and waited for her response. He didn't want Coffee to feel like he was ignoring her. But he saw where she was talking with the other pony so he kept quiet. He kept listening in on their conversation. He learned that Coffee wanted to start her own coffee shop. He began to think that maybe he could play music in her shops? But then he stopped himself and just went back to waiting for her to reply

[colour=#800000]-???-[/colour]

[colour=#800000]"Hmmm, this is delicious! Are these home-made?"[/colour]

"Hehehe, yes, but, we don't make them in the shop. The local source of bakery goods is Sugarcube Corner." The waitress answered, amused. "If you need anything else, just let me know."

[colour=#800000]"Will do!"[/colour] He answered, before digging into the pastry again and washing it down with more coffee. A bakery shop? That was his next stop-Well, after seeing the house he was going to live in. He had only seen it in photo, but he was kind of desperate at the moment. He had to get out of there, before... [colour=#800000]"I'll show them. I'll show them that I-WAH!"[/colour] The hoof-bang on the table was too hard, since the leftover pastry suddenly jumped, heading for another table of ponies for the landing, under his horrified gaze...

Light jumped back to his surprise seeing a pastry landing on the table in front of him. He looked around frantically and then noticed a pony sitting with a horrified gaze.

He walked up to the pony and said with a chuckle, [colour=#000080]"Well besides that being incredibly funny, that seems to be a waste of a good pastry!"[/colour]

Light smiled the pony and then stuck out his hoof to let him shake it.

"[colour=#000080]My name is Light Harmony! What's yours?"[/colour]

Pawn was walking down the streets of Ponyville, wearing a saddlebag seemingly filled with nothing. He stood out amongst the inhabitants of Ponyville. A practically colourless unicorn, a dull brown, with a black mane. The only colour coming from this high class Canterlotian were his bright orange eyes and a red stripe running down his well combed mane. Pawn had been in Ponyville for a few days, for Equestria's national chess competition, but on his brothers suggestion, he made time in his schedule for siteseeing and socializing. So far, all he saw were buildings and colour everywhere. Ponyville wasn't exactly known for its site. When Pawn was beginning to give up on his walk, the wonderful smell of coffee found its way to Pawn. He looked over and noticed a slightly busy coffee shop. The unicorns caffeine addiction got the best of him, as he entered the shop. When he entered, he wondered why he didn't just return to his current place of residence to make it himself. His laziness decided to just stay here, as he had a few hours before returning home to strategize for the finals tomorrow. He walked up to the clerk to order.

[colour=#808080]"I will have a commoners coffee."[/colour]He said, his Canterlot accent very obvious. The clerk looked confused, and the barista looked offended. Pawn didn't notice. [colour=#808080]"Black." [/colour]After a brief pause to get what he was ordering, they quickly made him his black coffee. He took a seat at the empty table, and decided it was best to strategize now. He pulled out an impossible amount of parchments, and a quill and ink, when a donut landed on his table. Pawn saw it came from the table next to him. He levitated it, and walked over to the table. [colour=#808080]"It seems you dropped something." [/colour]He said, putting it back on his table. [colour=#808080]"I am Pawn." [/colour]He offered the pony a friendly greeting, with a hoof to shake, not noticing the pony next to him greeting the pony as well.

(Find and get the reference, you win an internet cookie)

Light looked at the other pony that walked up. He saw that he was a unicorn because he noticed his horn and the fact that it was glowing meant to Light that this pony knew some magic. Light was a unicorn himself but he only knew simple levitation spells. He didn't care for magic that much anyways. He then took one last big sip from his coffee and shook the pony's hoof. "Hello Pawn! My name is Light Harmony. Nice to meet you!" He smiled at the pony and thought to himself, I've never seen this pony before.'

[colour=#808080]"A pleasure to meet you, Mr. Harmony." [/colour]Pawn responded, as he moved his hoof over to shake Light's hoof. He then took a sip from his coffee, and nearly gagged. [colour=#808080]THIS is commoners coffee? Commoners have odd taste in food... [/colour]Despite clearly disliking it, Pawn had nothing else to drink, so continued drinking the coffee. [colour=#808080]"So, what brings you to Ponyville?" [/colour]Pawn asked Light, not realizing Light lived in Ponyville. It was always an assumption he made that all unicorns come from Canterlot. He had forgotten the pony with the pastry by now, having rarely had a conversation involving more than one pony.

Light smiled at how nice the pony was. "[colour=#000080]Well what brings me here is the fact that I live here.[/colour]" He said laughing. He sometimes laughed at his own jokes but he then realized how sarcastic his voice sounded.

[colour=#000080]"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to appear sarcastic." "I live here in Ponyville, are you new here?"[/colour]

[colour=#282828]"[/colour][colour=#000080]Well what brings me here is the fact that I live here.[/colour][colour=#282828]" [/colour]Pawn felt like he was stabbed. He didn't hear anything Light said after that. Pawn was wrong. He changed from seemingly bored to on the floor drowning in tears in mere seconds. [colour=#808080]"I WAS WRONG! IMPERFECT! I'M AN IMPERFECT BEING WHO DOESN'T DESERVE TO LIVE! GARBAGE! I AM IMPERFECT GARBAGE! THROW ME OUT ON THE CURB TO BE PICKED UP AND THROWN OUT!" [/colour]His obsession with perfection was getting the best of him. He dropped his coffee, thankfully landing upright without spilling. The eyes of most of the coffee shop were on him while he was yelling about his imperfection, but it went unnoticed by the Death the Kid wannabe.

Light stood by astonished as he listened to what was going on. He started to feel very awkward and uncomfortable. While Pawn was yelling he looked around and just hoped nobody was staring at him.

"[colour=#000080]Um, You're not imperfect? There appears to be nothing wrong with you Pawn." [/colour]He said quietly because he wanted Pawn to calm down.

[colour=#000080]"[/colour][colour=#000080]Where in the name of Celestia did that outburst come from anyways? I never called you garbage."[/colour]

[colour=#808080]"I'm not imperfect?" [/colour]He looked up at the unicorn, eyes still full of tears. [colour=#808080]"I'm not garbage?" [/colour]As quick as it had started, the tears disappeared and Pawn was standing once again, with his coffee levitating next to him. [colour=#808080]"Of course not. I am the undefeatable Pawn, after all." [/colour]He turned back to the unicorn, completely forgot what just happened, and proceeded to answer his earlier question. [colour=#808080]"This year, Equestria's national chess competition is being held in your humble town. I have been here a few days, and the finals are tomorrow. Naturally, in preparation, I am wandering aimlessly to discover what the life of a commoner is like." [/colour]Pawn then put his coffee on the nearby table, and levitated some papers out of his saddlebag. [colour=#808080]"Also, I need your opinion. If my opponent moves his knight to C3, which would be smarter, mirroring the move or simply moving my pawn to D6?" [/colour]Pawn knew the better answer. What he wanted was to see how well Light knew the game.

(You just lost the game)

Light looked back at Pawn with confusion. He knew the pony was good but he was scared that a pony can go from crying like that to talking about chess. Light was completely unfamiliar with the rules of chess because frankly he hated the game. He preferred music. But he had a feeling that this pony was messing with him so wanted to mess with him. He didn't care if he sounded stupid. "Well you should do neither and just move your rook three spaces behind his queen. Then moved your queen diagonal behind his knight."

He smiled at the pony and looked confident. He had no idea what he was talking about but he felt smart in his mind.

(I'm making an assumption that your cutie mark is music-related, so bear with me here XD)

Light's response made Pawn burst into laughter. A laugh that sounded condescending, though he didn't mean it in a condescending way. [colour=#808080]"It's been a while since I've laughed. You are joking, right?" [/colour]Pawn honestly couldn't tell. [colour=#808080]"Either way, that was hilarious. So, what do you do?" [/colour]Pawn began feigning interest in this commoner, who gave the rare opportunity of making Pawn laugh. [colour=#808080]"A farmer? A salespony? A masseuse? ... A musician?" [/colour]Pawn got a better look at the ponies cutie mark, and noticed it was music related. It was a pretty normal guess, even for one as rich as Pawn.

(Yes it is)

Light could tell that Pawn knew he knew nothing of chess. So he just laughed along with Pawn. He looked down at his cutie mark and looked back at Pawn.

"Why yes I am a musician. I play a variety of instruments and I have played for this town before. Not in large groups though...just small groups."

Light looked down and got sad realizing that he had never played for all of Ponyville before.

"I actually grew up in Canterlot and then moved here..because of..nevermind..I don't want to talk about it."

He looked down and then looked back at Pawn and said, "So what do you do?"

[colour=#808080]"What do I do? I'm an aristocrat. My family is very, very wealthy, so I don't really need a job. I am, however, studying. Studying to be a tactician in the Equestrian Army." [/colour]It was, as Pawn had always believed, the perfect job. He was physically and magically weak, only knowing telekinesis, and having once accidently used a VERY powerful spell, which he couldn't re-create. Equestria rarely had wars, so the Equestrian Army rarely ever battled, making it so he would be able to pursue his daily hobbies along with work. He raised his head proudly after saying his future job. Thinking of his future made him think of the rest of his family. He didn't like thinking of them. He quickly changed the subject. [colour=#808080]"A musician? What a presigious job." Not anything mother would let me be... "What instruments do you play, and how long have you played them?" [/colour]This conversation was turning into an interview.

Light smiled at thought for second.'This pony is right, there have been no wars in Equestria..well any that he has seen.'

He looked at Pawn and said, "Well I started off playing the bongos and many other small percussion instruments back in Canterlot. But since I've moved to Ponyville I've gotten tips from Octavia and I have played with her before. As well as Vinyl Scratch. But not much with her."

He scratched his head and then realized that he had not fully answered Pawn's question. "Oh! Well I play the viola, and chello mostly. I play drums when it is needed or when I feel like it."

He smiled at Pawn and thought back to his home and all the sheets of music he had. He needed to organize them..

Pawn gagged on more of the overly-bitter coffee. [colour=#808080]"You know Octavia?!" [/colour]The thoughts of Light being a commoner were gone at hearing this. [colour=#808080]"I haven't seen her play since the last Grand Galloping Gala! Which I'd rather not think of that..." [/colour]He shuddered when he remembered the chaos that ensued from several random ponies. [colour=#808080]Their dresses were perfect though. [/colour]He didn't know who the 'Vinyl Scratch' was, but paid no mind to that name. [colour=#808080]"Tell me, is she as great as the music she plays?"[/colour]

Light seemed to light up when Pawn asked if he knew Octavia. He thought about lying to him and telling him that he and Octavia were very best friends or better yet, married or something. But he decides to tell the truth.

"Why yes I do know her. And she is even better than the music she plays. She is elegant and extremely polite and well mannered. To me it seems like she should be living in Canterlot!"

He remembered when he was a colt in Canterlot and seeing all the fanciness. He smirked at the image and thought to himself, 'I may be well mannered, but Canterlot is not for me."

He then said to Pawn, "You were at the Grand Galloping Gala?! That's awesome! How was it?? Did Octavia do well?" He thought his question about Octavia doing well seemed a little late but he figured Pawn would not care.

Pawn scratched his head as he thought of the best way to describe the Grand Galloping Gala while still giving the image of a gentlepony. [colour=#808080]"The gala was... Interesting... To say the least... Octavia did excellently! At first. Then some crazy pink lowlife jumped on stage and ruined everything." [/colour]Pawn then scoffed. Interruping cello music was an unforgivable act. Unless something happened which would cause Pawn to forgive her. In that case, it wouldn't be unforgivable. Forgetting about trying to be a gentlepony, Pawn described the GGG in better detail. [colour=#808080]"Somepony was selling common carnival fair. SELLING IT, while there was a free buffet nearby! Another pony kicked me in the air to fly up and catch me in an attempt to get the Wonderbolts to notice her! Then that lowlifish prince hid behind a mare when a cake came flying at him, RUINING her perfect dress! To make things worse, the one who kicked me knocked over several pillars, only to be proceeded by some crazy pegasus chasing animals inside yelling about loving her!" [/colour]Pawn was finally finished with his angry rant. [colour=#808080]"Overall, things could have gone better."[/colour]