[Canterlot] Searching for a Stallion [Finished]

SonicRainboomGirl

HeartImg.png

[colour=#ffffff]Heart was collapsed underneath a shady tree, exhausted.

As would anypony be - in the time it had taken the two lovebirds to arrive at the park, he had not only pulled a few favours he had to get permission to do this, but had decorated the park with a romantic decor, had subtly left a picnic spot made up (with a little note for the stallion - "Have fun - ~Table To Face Pony") and had hidden it in a way that hopefully would be spotted.

That wasn't even mentioning the band he had managed to pull into playing for him on such short notice, filling the park with a pleasant tune. While this stunt had taken most of his remaining funds that he didn't need to survive, it would be worth it should the two ponies be happy together.

He lays back, enjoying the newly decorated park. Heck, if these two ponies didn't enjoy it, it was obvious that somepony would, and that's all that really mattered in the end... right?[/colour]

dn1sp5.jpg

Bebe was happy to be opening up to this stallion and smiled at him happily. She also noticed that his eyes hadn't moved their gaze from hers in a long while. He clearly hadn't noticed the bulletin board, and for that she was incredibly thankful. As seductive as that board had been, Bebe didn't want to give him the wrong idea. She was quite a faithful and dedicated gal!

"Well, I just met you. We've had lifetimes behind us, you know, and there's just so much to talk about. We could even talk about the future if we wanted. Do tell, Sterling, what made you want to be a royal guard in the first place? It's such an honorable career and it surely garners a lot of interest your direction. What gave you that kind of dedication?"

Sterling continued to take in the pleasing atmosphere of the park, enjoying the faint music he could hear playing. An odd thing he came across though, was an empty picnic spot...with a note. Curious, he couldn't help but investigate. He levitated the piece of paper so he could read and was shocked at the contents, but pleasantly so. He decided to sit and relax in said spot, indicating for Bebe to sit as well, "[colour=#8b4513]Want to sit here and continue our talk? It is a rather pleasant view.[/colour]" Sterling remarked, still smiling at Bebe.

Upon hearing her question, Sterling felt a rush of nostalgia, one that he was glad of. The unicorn enjoyed talking about his past, and so didn't mind when Bebe inquired as to how he wanted to be a guard. "[colour=#8b4513]I'd be more than happy to tell you about my past, Bebe. I guess it started when I was a lot younger, and used to live in Ponyville. Back then I had no real idea what I wanted to do with my life and didn't have much incentive or direction, until this one day. A big royal parade rolled through town, and I dunno why but seeing all those guards in their uniforms looking all proud and dedicated...I'm not sure why but it seemed appealing to me.[/colour]" the unicorn led into, relaxing on the apparent set up picnic area.

"[colour=#8b4513]So after that, I started getting interested in things like combat, magic, chivalry and stuff, and when I was old enough I came out here to Canterlot and signed up. So I guess my dedication came from my aspirations, I guess I just wanted to be known for more than just another foal from Ponyville.[/colour]" Sterling finished, smiling lightly at the accompanying mare, "[colour=#8b4513]What about you, Bebe? How did you first get into your career?[/colour]" the stallion wondered, adjusting his armor once again to get comfortable. He found himself almost at ease, obviously realizing he was getting more and more comfortable around Bebe.

dn1sp5.jpg

Bebe laughed nervously, thinking about what a nasty little spoiled brat she had been as a foal and filly. Her parents were so willing to bend to every whim, and she was mean to everyone still. She never faced hardship or discipline, unlike Sterling. Sterling was such a kind, honorable stallion. Bebe couldn't believe that she was so terribly selfish and horrible to everyone at a young age. She'd learned, mostly.

"Well, it's a bit of a terrible story. You have to understand that I was a terribly awful, juvenile little brat. I regret it all now, of course. I grew up in Hoofington to two very rich parents who spoiled me completely silly. Honestly, too much. I never really got along with my peers, I liked dressing up and wearing lots of makeup. I thought they were all awfully rough-and-tumble. My fashionable, classy attitude seemed to garner a lot of attention. On school picture day I took this stunning portrait and was offered a modelling contract. I earned my cutie mark that way. However, this silly cutie mark got me a lot of unwanted attention."

Bebe shook her head and sighed, remembering how colts had continually asked her for unwanted favors and treated her horribly. A kiss cutie mark? That was far too suggestive to be any good.

"Anyways, I moved to Canterlot when I was a bit older and I basically became a huge socialite. I got known, I got a contract, and things escalated. I became a top model in not too much time, and I'm quite glad."

Bebe took in her surroundings a bit more. The pleasant music, the lovely smells of the park, and warm sunshine making her tingle and stretch. The tall mare yawned with a high squeak and laid down. What a beautiful day, what a beautiful picnic.

A hint of concern came over Sterling when Bebe called her rise to a career a bit of a 'terrible story'. He listened on to her explanation, intrigued all the way through. She honestly didn't come off as a bratty person to him, having seen many in his time in Ponyville, particularly in bullies and spoiled privileged kids. Never the less, he continues listening, nodding every so often. To the unicorn, she certainly had an interesting back story, as he had never heard of such a career spawning out of just one day...then again, he supposed the same could have been said for him.

Upon her declaration of her cutie mark being silly Sterling's eyes peered down for a brief moment, raising an eyebrow. He never really noticed it up until now, as he was tending to focus on Bebe's upper body whenever he would look. The stallion could have only imagined what situations a cutie mark like that had involved in, most likely awkward ones. Sterling smiled slightly at hearing that Bebe's career shot up incredibly fast, maybe it was confirmation that his own career would skyrocket, or maybe he was simply happy for her, it could have been either one.

Sterling relaxed some more on the ground, trying to get as comfortable as he could with all these metal plates on him, he tried to not make his shifting about and readjusting too obvious though, less he look odd. He lightly chuckled at her squeaky yawn, thinking it to be adorable before responding. "[colour=#8b4513]Well, I'm not sure I'm one to say but...that doesn't sound awfully terrible to me. You seem to have come out of it alright, someponies I've met don't even know they're being spoiled. That's very...well, down to earth, and admirable, Bebe.[/colour]" Sterling stated.

"[colour=#8b4513]Sorry to hear about the cutie mark thing though.[/colour]" the stallion stated as he lied down as well, resting his head in his hooves, "[colour=#8b4513]My one's gotten some attention before. You can't really see it 'cause of this armor but it's a silver coin with a horseshoe shape on it. Ponies can only ask when they see it, and I'm not entirely sure what it means myself...I guess it's sorta meant I'm always in the right place at the right time...lucky, I guess.[/colour]" he concluded, smiling to himself, thinking his trip to the coffee shop was a prime of example or right place and right time.

"[colour=#8b4513]Beautiful park, isn't it?[/colour]" Sterling asked, taking in the sights as he did, "[colour=#8b4513]They have anything like this in Hoofington?[/colour]" the stallion inquired.

dn1sp5.jpg

Bebe's heart fluttered. Sterling had just called her down-to-earth and admirable! The stallion was eyeing her in a way she had only seen in movies. She smiled at him then, admiring him just as much as he admired her. She also found his statement about not knowing what his cutie mark means quite fascinating. Bebe didn't even know that was possible. However, if it really was a luck cutie mark, Bebe had struck gold. She too was very lucky, and she had been lucky that morning when she entered the coffee shop.

"It really is a beautiful park. Hoofington is very beautiful, that much I'll need to admit, but the ponies there are an awfully odd mix. Here in Canterlot I dont' stick out like a sore hoof. At least, when I do it's in all the right ways."

Sterling almost sighed happily, content with the situation. He turned to Bebe and smiled back at her as she smiled at him, the stallion almost tilted his head, admiring the mare lying next to him. Sterling never thought that this move to Canterlot would bring upon some positive events, of course he was hoping for career progression, but never knew that something like this would happen. He couldn't complain in the slightest.

The stallion was determined to continue being what he felt was charming and stretched a little in his seated position, casually resting a hoof closer to one of Bebe's than it had previously been before responding, "[colour=#8b4513]I can imagine. A mare of your talents and, well, prettiness is bound to stand out in a good way. I'm pretty happy with my move to Canterlot as well, such a great place, with such great ponies...or maybe I've just been lucky again. I'm inclined to believe either one.[/colour]" Sterling stated, still smiling lightly in Bebe's general direction whilst also taking in the view.

"[colour=#8b4513]So, anything else you'd like to know or talk about? Or are you alright here for now?[/colour]" the guard asked, curious if Bebe wanted to know anything more.

HeartImg.png

[colour=#ffffff]It was taking Heart all of his considerable willpower to not burst out in laughter - laughter of a job well done.

The two ponies - whom's names escaped him, despite listening into their conversation - was a mystery. All he knew is that they appeared to be getting along like a house on fire. He grinned to himself, allowing himself that. He adjusted himself, staying hidden, hoping that the little note he had left underneath the tablecloth wouldn't go un-noticed by the stallion.

It wasn't complicated - simply his address, and his occupation (along with a name). As for his shot with this rather attractive mare, he did not begrudge the stallion his success even a little. He was a stallion of romance, after all.

He liked to believe Princess Cadance would appreciate his viewpoint - "Love, between anypony, is important" - as well as his strict viewpoint towards it. He could always wait - he was a fairly young stallion after all.[/colour]

dn1sp5.jpg

The sun was so warm on Bebe's coat, and she hadn't even half-realized how tired she was. She yawned in a squeaky fashion once more, and stretched out every limb, shuddering slightly as exhaustion overwhelmed her a little bit more. She instinctively moved a bit closer to Sterling and rested up against him peacefully.

"You don't have to say anything more. I like you...."

Bebe concluded, her eyes beginning to shut. She yawned one final time and was out like a light the next second, dozing comfortably against Sterling.

Sterling was staring idly off into space as Bebe said her response. His eyes widened slightly as he felt the mare lean against and rest on him. The stallion could hardly believe how events had transpired, smiling slightly as he too felt the warm air on his coat, what was exposed anyway.

"[colour=#8b4513]Wow...[/colour]" he thought in response to the whole situation. He truly couldn't believe, even despite his lucky nature, that he could have been this fortunate. Yet, here it was, Sterling was sitting in the park, with a beautiful mare resting against him, the sounds of music and the faint smell of flowers in the air coupled with the warm sun made this situation all the more special. Sterling casually placed a hoof around Bebe, trying not to make it too obvious.

"[colour=#8b4513]I like you too, Bebe....[/colour]" the stallion retorted, being very thankful, both for his good fortune, and for a certain stallion for setting all this up. He couldn't have pictured a better scene if he had tried.

dn1sp5.jpg

Bebe dreamed of Sterling Silver. She dreamed of discovering what face lay beneath that guard's mask, and she dreamed of living her life in a couple. She'd had a few coltfriends, but those relationships were either merely physical or for publicity. Maybe she was finally in love, maybe Bebe was truly and deeply in love. As she dreamed she realized just how badly she wanted to see Sterling again.

She would arrange a meeting. Just as soon as she woke up...

Sterling sighed happily, feeling very content with his current situation. He turned his head to the mare as she rested, Bebe looking so peaceful to him. Sterling felt a sense of belonging and purpose sitting there with his hoof around the supermodel. The stallion was glad to say that his previous feeling of loneliness and isolation had faded away in just the short space of an hour or so.

"[colour=#8b4513]All in an hour...[/colour]" Sterling thought, "[colour=#8b4513]...An hour...[/colour]" he mused over as he looked into the sky, noticing the sun's positioning, "[colour=#8b4513]Aw no.[/colour]" the stallion stated with a sigh. It was by now he realized his lunch break was coming to an abrupt end. Despite this though he knew a good thing when he saw it, and this situation was certainly a good thing. He couldn't just let this slip by and let it be a strictly one-time thing. "[colour=#8b4513]I have to see her again at least...[/colour]" Sterling concluded.

He gently shook the mare's far shoulder, trying to wake her as delicately as possible, whispering slightly, "[colour=#8b4513]Um...Bebe? Listen, sorry to wake you but I have to get back to my regular patrol. This has been...well, amazing and I don't really want it to end here...[/colour]" the guard stated before mustering his courage.

"[colour=#8b4513]Could we meet each other again sometime...maybe over dinner or something?[/colour]"

dn1sp5.jpg

Bebe quickly awoke, startled and embarrassed that she had fallen asleep. She began to blush and feel butterflies again, which was a strange and relatively new feeling for the confident mare.

"It's okay, Sterling, I can't very well sleep in the park. I would love to see you again. Dinner would be wonderful. Tomorrow, maybe? I think I should go home and nap for now."

Sterling nodded at Bebe's suggestion, sitting up as if he was ready to go, "[colour=#8b4513]That sounds great![/colour]" he exclaimed, smiling lightly. The stallion thought where they could meet up, since being in Canterlot too long didn't give him ample opportunities to see any good places for a good meal.

"[colour=#8b4513]I'll meet you at around this time tomorrow-[/colour]" Sterling was about to explain before looking up at the sun yet again, "[colour=#8b4513]Ack, well let's say for now we meet up near that cafe, though we can always get in contact before then, if something needs to be changed I'll send you a letter.[/colour]" he finished, knowing he had to leave now, much to his dismay. Sterling sat up some more, getting to his hooves. He stared down at Bebe, and in a rather impulsive action, placed his hoof on hers.

"[colour=#8b4513]I had a great time today, Bebe. See you tomorrow night.[/colour]" the guard smirked before making his way off to his patrols, occasionally looking back and smiling. He gazed back at his own cutie mark, remembering his earlier assumption of it's purpose, "[colour=#8b4513]Right place...right time.[/colour]" he though cheerfully.