[Ponyville] Zap Friday Sale! (Open)

Bellosh

2sb9yxc.jpg

Ending another round of singing from Mr. Flam, Dr. Stable finally seemed to get some sense knocked into him. [colour=#ffcc00]“That’s right Doc!”[/colour] Derpy Hooves replied, nodding her head in relief; [colour=#ffcc00]“Oh, I suppose I could also tell you that I actually just got really tired pulling a gear off the shelf. I couldn’t get up from the floor, so I thought I might as well go to sleep. Hmmm... perhaps I wouldn’t have given you all this trouble today if I told you all this earlier. Oops, my baaad!”[/colour]

Before a now-embarrassed Derpy could think of what else Flam could do for her, the exhausted cashier’s voice finally rang out to the best of its ability; “Your receipt... ma’am.....” All of the googly-eyed pegasus’s items were now loaded into disposable saddlebags... and it looked like one of the jars even had her free jar of Zap Apple jam! Yaaaaaaaay! All Miss Hooves had to do now was strap the saddlebags on and she could be on her way.

As Derpy went to pay up, she took this chance to say farewell to the kind Mr. Flam; [colour=#ffcc00]“I think that’s pretty much it, Mister Flam. Thanks for everything you’ve done today. Maybe next time we meet, I can see your twin brother..... I think I recall you having a brother during your first visit Ponyville, is that right?”[/colour] The young mare still didn’t fully remember what Flim & Flam tried pulling off that one time.....

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[colour=#ff8c00]"Well that sounds like an interesting hobby," [/colour]Carrot Top said as she walked through the aisles while occasionally selecting a few choice items from the shelves, [colour=#ff8c00]"I admit that I've never heard of it being called whitting, only things called woodcarving. Usually though what I've seen are animals like turtles, rabbits, squirrels, things like that. But i've never heard of carving an image of a pony. That must really tricky getting every line and curve right and to keep your sister still when you carve. But i'm sorry to hear that your carving got wrecked. Do you ever think you'll try to carve something like that again?" [/colour]

[colour=#0000FF]"Y'know, Miss Carrot Top," [/colour]Hayseed said with a shy smile, [colour=#0000FF]"I kin sure think of one lovely mare I'd be pleased ta use as a model fer whittlin' a big wooden pony with."[/colour]

Suddenly, the farming Earth Pony blushed so brightly, it could be seen under his facial fur. Meanwhile, Flam was very pleased. Not only did his new friend Miss Derpy Hooves NOT hold his past against him, but the blonde Pegasus mare seemed to genuinely like his company. She even mention wanting to see his brother Flim too! As Doctor Stable looked confused and Mr. Waddle smiled, Flam walked up to the departing mare.

[colour=#FF8C00]"Miss Hooves, you are a treasure, you gave my day such pleasure, and I hope to see you again, and bring my brother to meet my new FRIEND!!!!" [/colour]Flam sang out, adding a little dance to go with his homemade tune.

[colour=#FF0000]"Hmph!" [/colour]Doctor Stable snorted. [colour=#FF0000]"I should've known there was nothing wrong with Derpy, well, nothing in my field of medicine."[/colour]

[colour=#808080]"And what is THAT supposed to mean?" [/colour]Mr Waddle asked.

[colour=#FF0000]"Well sir, I am trained in medicine, not psychiatry. It's obvious that Miss Derpy Hooves has some sort of mental condition that.."[/colour]

[colour=#FF8C00]"SLANDER! Cease this slander of my dear friend this instant!" [/colour]Flam growled as he faced the physician unicorn. [colour=#FF8C00]"It may be true that Miss Hooves is quite unique, but there's no crime in that! I happen to think she's wonderful, and I don't need a stethoscope or a medical license to say that!"[/colour]

[colour=#FF0000]"Why don't you stick to squeezing apples and leave the practice of medicine to us professionals?" [/colour]Doctor Stable asked gruffly. [colour=#FF0000]"And speaking of medical duties, I must attend to a young sleeping mare outside. Hopefully, that pill she accidentally swallowed has worn off by now, good day to you all."[/colour]

Mr Waddle shook his head as he watched Doctor Stable leave the building.[colour=#FF0000] [/colour]

2sb9yxc.jpg

[colour=#ffcc00]“Buh-bye Mister Flam!”[/colour] Derpy Hooves waved farewell to the mustached unicorn; [colour=#ffcc00]“Hope we see each other again!!!”[/colour] Taking her leave, the gray unicorn trotted out of Barnyard Bargains and soared into the air as best she could, taking into account her completely filled saddlebags. Derpy sure would miss the singing stallion, and couldn’t wait for Mr. Flam to make his illustrious return to Ponyville. And oh yes, the young mare also wished Filthy Rich and everypony else she left back at the store weren’t running into any problems.....

*Exit Derpy Hooves*

v3gfue.jpg

“Mr. Rich, my stock of Zap Apple Jam’s all gone.”

“Sir, I just gave out my last jar!”

“Out of stock here too, boss!”

And so drew the beginning of the end... of the beginning. One by one, the cashiers ran out of free Zap Apple Jam to provide the customers with. By Filthy Rich’s calculations, only twenty out of one-hundred jars remained in stock in the cash register area, and only three check-out counters had any supply left. Well, it looked like an announcement would have to be made!

Producing a megaphone from one of his employees, Filthy Rich cleared his throat before broadcasting his voice throughout the entire store; [colour=#8b4513]“Attention shoppers: this is a courtesy announcement that we are down to our last twenty jars of free Zap Apple Jam. If you have ten items or less, we still have jars available at Counters A, B, and D. If we run out of jars, you’ll get a special discount off every item you purchase. Thank you for shopping with us this fine Zap Friday here at Rich’s Barnyard Bargains!”[/colour]

When Hayseed mentioned that he would like for her to model for him her cream coloured face immediately went red. No pony had ever asked her to model for anything, let alone a handsome stallion that seemed absolutely falling head over hooves with her.

[colour=#ff8c00]"Aww shucks Hayseed, thanks for saying such a nice thing. And yes, I'll be happy to be your model for your pony sculpture. After that maybe we can go out to dinner or something. Would you like that?" [/colour]

Before Carrot could get an answer she heard the booming voice of Filthy Rich announcing the limited supply of zap apple jam.

[colour=#ff8c00]"Um... Hayseed, I think we need to get a move on or we'll lose out on the free jam. Let's pick up those things from the sharpener area and we'll quickly get anything else we need." [/colour]

[colour=#0000FF]"You're right, Miss Carrot Top! We best git ya all ready ta check out before they run outta free Zap Apple jam!" [/colour]Hayseed neighed as he galloped to eagerly assist his new mare friend with her shopping.

Meanwhile, Flam and Mr. Waddle wave goodbye to the departing Derpy Hooves.

[colour=#FF8C00]"Goodbye Miss Hooves!" [/colour]the lanky unicorn stallion shouted as he waves his left front hoof in the air. [colour=#FF8C00]"I hope we'll meet again soon!"[/colour]

[colour=#696969]"Goodbye Miss Hooves!" [/colour]added Mr. Waddle as he waved.

[colour=#FF8C00]"Egad! Did you hear Filthy Rich, dear fellow? We better return to shopping before we lose out on a free jar of Zap Apple jam!"[/colour]

[colour=#696969]"Quite right, Flam," [/colour]the older Earth stallion agreed as the two rushed off to shop. Outside, when Dr. Stable rushed up to their wagon, he spotted Haywire placing a cold compress on her older sister's head as she began to revive.

[colour=#FF0000]"Ah! Miss Haymaker!" [/colour]Dr. Stable neighed, [colour=#FF0000]"and how are we feeling now?"[/colour]

[colour=#800080]"About half in half," [/colour]Haymaker snorted. [colour=#800080]"YOU look fine, but I feel lousy!"[/colour]

[colour=#B22222]"Now mind yur manners, sis," [/colour]Haywire said sternly, [colour=#B22222]"t'aint HIS fault ya swallered them thar sleepin' pills! Ya done that all yurself!"[/colour]

[colour=#800080]"If I was ... at full strength... doc... I'd .... BELT YOU!"[/colour]

[colour=#FF0000]"Now now, Miss Haymaker, let us not resort to violence," [/colour]the physician unicorn muttered as he shook with fear. The tension of the moment was broken by Filthy Rich's announcement.

[colour=#800080]"OH HORSEFEATHERS! Time's runnin' out and I wanna git some of that free Zap Apple jam!" [/colour]the lanky red maned mare shouted as she jumped out of the cart.

[colour=#B22222]"But sis, you ain't alright yet and besides that..."[/colour]

[colour=#800080]"No time to argue with ya, Haywire! Gotta git movin'! I want some free jam!" [/colour]a determined Haymaker neighed as she galloped past Doctor Stable with such force, the bewildered doctor spun around like a top before coming to a slow stop in front of Haywire.

[colour=#B22222]"Are ya ok, doc?"[/colour]

[colour=#FF0000]"I think, I'm going to be sick," [/colour]the wobbly, dizzy Doctor Stable muttered as he staggered.

The basket that the young dragon was holding had gotten a little full - he wasn't even sure he REALLY needed all of this stuff, but Spike didn't wanna take chances...a couple kitchen utensils, some scrolls, a few bottles of neverfade ink, and a new feather duster were chiefly the items the baby dragon had picked out, not having really come entirely prepared...a true case of impulse shopping if ever he'd heard of it. Still, the prize was one of the sweetest and most delicious he knew of, and thus this would all be worth it once goods were bought and he was handed over a free jar of that delicious, juicy, mouthwatering jam that went so well on pretty much any jewel he could care to think of - and toast, actually, now that he thought about it.

There seemed to have been a whole buncha commotion going on though - Spike had done well enough to try not to pay too much attention to it, considering it seemed that a certain pegasus was smack bang in the middle of it, but now that things seemed to be getting a little more preoccupied with whatever was going on in ways that he was finding hard to just not take notice of anymore.

" [colour=#008080]What in Equestria was she even doing[/colour]? " the purple baby dragon murmurs to himself as he tried to get in close to take a look. "[colour=#008080] Carrots, Accidents, X-Rays[/colour]? "

Still it seemed soon enough that everything cleared up just as soon as it started, and the Pegasus left the store with no further incident...surprisingly - Spike shrugged as he resumed his own pace of shopping, stopping by to take a look at some odd cleaning equipment. Despite his young enough age, Spike was smart enough t'know that stuff like this was gonna be useful around the library, especially when it came to bookshelves. He thought back to the recent incident with the burnt bookshelves from his small sneezing fit recently, and decided that this was the best method he had to at least keeping them looking as well-kept as he could considering it had been kinda his fault that they had wound up that way to begin with!

With that little train of thought out of the way, and the product placed firmly into the basket, Spike moves on...getting ever closer to achieving his prize of delicious Zap Apple jam!

v3gfue.jpg

So far, everything looked good to Filthy Rich during these crucial moments. All of the shoppers inside took the jam announcement in a civilized manner; they noticeably picked up their pace, but nopony was madly making a careless rush or jockeying for ideal queue spots over at the check-out section. And what’s this? Mr. Rich witnessed that Miss Haymaker had apparently recovered from her sudden drowsiness from the traitorous sleeping pill earlier.

Performing a quick look-through of the aisles, Filthy Rich found the boy Spike was shopping along just fine. It didn’t seem like the dragon didn’t need any help on what to find, but Mr. Rich knew it wise to check up on the younger customers every once in a while… even if Spike was very-well disciplined for someone his age. [colour=#8b4513]“Hello again lil’ partner!”[/colour] the brown stallion jutted in; [colour=#8b4513]“You getting along just fine? Is there anything we can do to improve your shopping experience at Rich’s Barnyard Bargains?[/colour]” In Filthy’s experience, customers always enjoyed the feeling that their feedback was desired and not just something to be shoved away in a nondescript complaint box.....

Carrot Top quickly sped through the aisles, her basket precariously placed on her back. Occasionally she would stop and pick up a jar of something or a loaf of bread, things that she believe she needed at home while at the same time keeping in mind the minimum number of items to get the coveted jam. She then headed towards the sharpening section and picked up her gardening tools which were now removed of any rust, sharpened in the areas that mattered and cleaned to a mirror finish.

[colour=#ff8c00]"Wow, I can eat off these they're so clean," [/colour]she said with a giggle as she paid the sharpener and stuffed the tools in her saddlebags.

After her whirlwind tour of the market, she stopped just before checking out to make a mental list of the things she bought.

[colour=#ff8c00]"Ok Hayseed, I think I have everything. Is there anything you need to get before we get in line?"[/colour]

[colour=#0000FF]"One step ahead of ya, Miss Carrot Top!" [/colour]Hayseed neighed as he pulled over his loaded shopping basket that he'd been carrying near him the entire time. [colour=#0000FF]"I've been pickin' up things here and thar the whole time I've been with ya. Didn't wanna miss a moment of bein' with ya, ma'am."[/colour]

After saying that, the sturdy farm pony turned his head, blushing hard in his face.

[colour=#0000FF]"Er, I'm ready ta check out whenever you are, Miss Carrot Top."[/colour]

Meanwhile, other ponies were frantically completely their shopping in order to get the jar of Zap Apple Jam as a reward. Flam quickly levitated a number of items into his floating shopping basket and got into a checkout line.

[colour=#FF8C00]"I've seized this opportunity, to get Zap Apple Jam for free! I'm Flam, yes Flam, one of the Fabulous Flim Flam brothers! Shopping wisely is my game!" [/colour]the lanky mustached unicorn stallion sang as he placed his basket on the checkup counter. [colour=#ff8c00]"Ready to make my buy, and ready for my Zap Apple Jam am I!!!"[/colour]

Just behind Flam in line was Mr. Waddle, who chose a big basket with small wheels on the bottom so the elderly stallion could wheel his items up to the counter.

[colour=#696969]"Oh my! I certainly hope I'm in time for the free Zap Apple Jam!" [/colour]Mr Waddle neighed.

As Haymaker rushed frantically through the aisles grabbing items to put in her basket, Dr Stable quietly levitated the things he needed into his basket and got in line behind Mr. Waddle.

[colour=#FF0000]"I was so busy with those medical emergencies that I nearly failed to complete my own shopping," [/colour]the unicorn stallion physician said.

[colour=#B22222]"Slow down, sis!" [/colour]Haywire shouted as she galloped after her trotting big sister. [colour=#B22222]"Yur gonna run inta somethin'!"[/colour]

[colour=#800080]"I know what I'm doin', squirt!" [/colour]Haymaker shouted seconds before colliding with a tall stack of cans. The avalanche of cans fell upon the form of the tripped up lanky red maned mare.

[colour=#B22222]"You already, big sis?"[/colour]

[colour=#800080]"Dang nabbit! I ain't got time fer fallin'! Time's runnin' out ta git the free jam! Gotta hurry!"[/colour]

[colour=#B22222]"But sis.." [/colour]Haywire neighed as she watched Haymaker roll herself back up to her four feet and then dash off down the aisle again, leaving cans sprawled out all over the floor.

[colour=#B22222]"I best git this mess cleaned up before mah sister gits in trouble agin'." [/colour]the rust coloured filly said as she began to gather up stray cans and slowly started to restack all the cans the way they were before.

• 4 weeks later...

v3gfue.jpg

“Mr. Rich, my last jar is gone!”

With Counter B’s stock of free Zap Apple jam depleted, the last of the precious commodity was gone. Like clockwork, Filthy Rich reached for the megaphone again to deliver his latest announcement; [colour=#8b4513]“Attention customers; we just gave away our last free jar, and in record time too! I’d like to thank you fine folks for shopping here today at Rich’s Barnyard Bargains. For the rest of our store hours, be sure to take advantage of all our amazing discounts! Over in the center aisle, we’ve got...”[/colour] and so the stallion prattled on for a good ten minutes, advertising everything that was on sale... which was practically everything.....

*Exit Filthy Rich*

OOC: I’m wrapping this RP up. Everyone involved here is free to make one final post if they wish, but I’ll no longer be keeping this thread active. Thank you to everyone here who helped give Zap Friday Sale a good multi-month run. :)

[colour=#ff8c00]"Awww that's a really nice thing to say," [/colour]Carrot Top said to Hayseed with a smile as they headed back to the cash register area, [colour=#ff8c00]"You feel the same way about you too Hayseed. Thanks for making this little outing a great time. We should definitely do this again, although maybe something else than just going shopping together."[/colour]

Carrot Top was about to stand in line when Mr. Rich announced that the last jar of Zap Apple Jam had been sold. The cream coloured mare ears slumped in defeat for a moment but then she quickly perked up realizing that while she didn't get what he was looking for today, she got something much less expected and much more valuable than a store filled with Zap Apple Jam! She had found a companion in Hayseed, one who truly loved her just as she did with him. She didn't really where this newfound relationship would take her but she knew it was the start of something great!

Achievement Unlocked: A Special Somepony in a Store! <3

Spike was too busy looking at a selection of coloured inks and ink pots when once again, Flthy had put himself into the position of curious shop owner wanting to find out how he as a customer was feeling...Spike wasn't really one to focus greatly on such things, considering that right now the only real reason he was even shopping right now was for the prize of some sweet Rainbow Jammy goodness.

" [colour=#008080]Uhh...[/colour] " Spike begins, his mind kinda thinking as hard as he could about what, if anything, might be worth mentioning. " [colour=#008080]Could use some footstools around here, I guess... [/colour]"

The dragon WAS shorter than ponies, afterall, and this seemed a fair enough thing to present to an eager to please sales pony. " [colour=#008080]or shorter shelves? Iunno, whichever works best[/colour]! "

The dragon paused for thought, scratching under his chin for a moment as he looked around - perhaps it was worth looking around for some more basic teas, given that although quicklimes selection of teas that he enjoyed picking up regularly for Twilights consumption was perfectly adequate for their general enjoyment, it wasn't always what guests to Golden Oaks enjoyed nor wanted when a cup of tea was offered up in their direction...something a little more regular and generic was a far better choice for such ponies.

" [colour=#008080]Say, you wouldn't happen to sell tea, would ya?[/colour] " Spike asks hopefully. " [colour=#008080]Just the ordinary stuff....we keep a lot of different teas at the library, but we need something more, uh, plain![/colour] "

Sure, he could have gone to Quicklimes and gotten something like that, but he was here and it sounded like a pretty easy pickup....given everything else going on, he was sure filthy could probably appreciate that at least a few customers weren't trying to get up to any weird hijinks for a change!

[colour=#0000ff]"Aw shucks, Miss Carrot Top," [/colour]Hayseed said shyly, [colour=#0000ff]"I'd like that a lot too! It's been a downright pleasure jist being with ya!"[/colour]

Dr Stable, Mr. Waddle and Flam had made their way through the checkout lines and had their free Zap Apple Jam moments before Filthy Rich made the announcement that the store had run out. Hayseed felt bad for Carrot Top, but the truth be known, the brown pelted country stallion was happy to have met such a wonderful mare! He just had to do something very special for her! Meanwhile, the announcement caused his older sister, Haymaker, to go into panic mode.

[colour=#800080]"NNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" [/colour]the red maned mare shouted. [colour=#800080]"We lost out! No Zap Apple jam for us!"[/colour]

[colour=#b22222]"But sis, I got somethin' ta tell ya," [/colour]little Haywire said.

[colour=#800080]"Not NOW, Haywire! I lost out on Zap Apple jam! It's all because on that durn Doctor and his pills! Wait till I git mah hooves on HIM! He's gonna need a DOCTOR when I punch'm!" [/colour]

[colour=#b22222]"BUT SIS! LISTEN TA ME!"[/colour]

[colour=#800080]"Stow it, kid! I'm gonna git that Doctor!"[/colour]

[colour=#b22222]"STOP IT NOW!" [/colour]Haywire shouted, [colour=#b22222]"I'm tryin' ta tell ya, I done got a jar of Zap Apple jar fer us!"[/colour]

[colour=#800080]"I see him! I ain't gonna let'm get away... er... what did ya say?"[/colour]

[colour=#b22222]"I said, I got a jar of jam fer us! I done bought a buncha stuff and got the jar already! I know how much ya love Zap Apple jam, so I.."[/colour]

Without another word spoken, Haymaker threw her front legs around her little sister to give her a big hug.

[colour=#800080]"Thank ya, sis! I love ya!"[/colour]

[colour=#b22222]"An I love ya too," [/colour]Haywire replied as Hayseed and Carrot Top walked by them.

[colour=#0000ff]"Look at that! It's a rare sight, mah sisters gitt'n along with each other! Jist wish if'd last."[/colour]

Hayseed and Carrot Top's romance continues here

Carrot paid for her groceries and supplies, holding her head up that she didn't get the Zap Apple Jam. Maybe she would stop over at Sweet Apple Acres for some as they were bound to have extras there. She did get some discounts on things she bought, especially the carrot seeds. As she left she saw Hayseed's sisters happy that they were lucky enough to get a jar of jam.

[colour=#0000ff]"Look at that! It's a rare sight, mah sisters gitt'n along with each other! Jist wish if'd last."[/colour]

[colour=#ff8c00]"Yeah, looks like everything turned out just fine," [/colour]she said with a chuckle, [colour=#ff8c00]"Well, I guess you'll just have to enjoy it while it lasts." [/colour]

(OOC: Exit Carrot Top. Thanks for the awesome RP!)