Friendship Is Magic Issue #3 Thread

Bellosh

My copy came today and I just gave it a read.

Wow. This was awesome. I think I liked it more than #1. Both Cook and Price killed it in this issue. All the creatures Price drew looked great and his ponies remain delightfully expressive. Meanwhile Cook wrote every character engagingly, stuffing the whole book with great moments and very funny dialog.

Chrysalis stole the show though this issue. Seriously, I love how Cook has spun her characters. It was there in the episode; she was this big, grandiose and arrogant villain who went so far as to sing about her schemes. Having her make constant sarcastic quips, order her minions around and be delightfully cruel to cute little animals all fits her so very well. We have here an excellent expansion of her character. I only hope that when and if she returns on the show it lives up to what we see here.

Also, I seriously love Sweetie Belle.

But yeah, this one was fast paced, exciting, funny and stuffed with fun ideas and great character moments. I even finally got an issue with a cover that I really love (awesome changeling cover). Consider me impressed. Issue 4 cannot come soon enough. :)

Wow. This was awesome. I think I liked it more than #1. Both Cook and Price killed it in this issue. All the creatures Price drew looked great and his ponies remain delightfully expressive. Meanwhile Cook wrote every character engagingly, stuffing the whole book with great moments and very funny dialog.

This is the strongest issue yet. It is the one that ended my doubt about the series.

Chrysalis stole the show though this issue. Seriously, I love how Cook has spun her characters. It was there in the episode; she was this big, grandiose and arrogant villain who went so far as to sing about her schemes. Having her make constant sarcastic quips, order her minions around and be delightfully cruel to cute little animals all fits her so very well. We have here an excellent expansion of her character.

And artfully done too! It was a good choice to eat the kittens love off camera, and show us the carnage through the expressions of the CMC.

Also, I seriously love Sweetie Belle.

I presume because of the "aw, well miss if she breaks into song!" comment? : )

• 1 month later...

Ohh my finally got my third nad fourth issue 2 days agoe, really annoing it takes os log to import it via my local comic book store (importing it myself would be ridiculesexspensive due to taxes).

Covers hmm I msu admit I am not found of Stephaie Buscena covers, which I got this time. (Pinkie and Twillight scating). Ohh well.

I really liked this episode it was very good and redemption over the second isue. The graphic was really good. Lots of jokes and good story which keept me hanging on the edge of my seat.

Ohh and I think my favorite part of this episode was Pinkie Pies costumes. I must get one of those myself...of myself or one of Pinkie Pie is yet to be determined.