The Trotting Dead

Heretic

Arton the zebra stood on the balcony of the Ponyville library. Clouds covered the skies, drizzling the ground with a light rain. It left small puddles on the muddy ground. From atop the library, the town looked almost peaceful.

If it wasn't full of zombies. Arton thought.

Arton turned his gaze north, searching the skies for the flare. He had sent the scout hours ago, and he hadn't seen anything from the scout since. He should have known the scout wouldn't make it far.

Angered, Arton grabbed his sword and turned back to go inside the library, when he heard a flashing noise. He turned again to see a red flare rising into the sky.

Excited, Arton went inside the library, a large smile on his face. He stood atop the staircase, looking down on the small group of Ponyville survivors he had gathered.

[colour=#8B4513]"Alright, boys and girls. The flare's been shot, Let's go. I don't want to waste any time. You all remember where we're going?" [/colour]Arton pulled out an old notice poster from his pocket. [colour=#8b4513]"Canterlot. They say that the princesses have found a cure for all the zombies. Granted, it's an old poster, but it's not like anyone else could come to post a new one."[/colour]

All of the ponies in the library grabbed their weapons, while Arton moved to the front door. [colour=#8B4513]"This is it, friends. This is how we survive. I sent that scout to see if there was a safe way out of this town, and there is! Now stay close to me. Let's go!"[/colour]

Arton opened the door to the Ponyville streets, where only one zombie stood. Checking around for any others, he ran up to the zombie and slashed it's head. Once it hit the ground, he signaled for the others to follow.

[colour=#8b4513]"We need to move quickly, and quietly. Now let's move"[/colour][colour=#8B4513] [/colour]

(This is my first host RP, but I hope it'll turn out well. Someone can be the scout if they want, but I kinda need to fill in the ponies in Arton's group.)

• 2 months later...

(Alright this looks promising)

Flashbomb followed the zebra out of the Library he ran quickly behind her at a steady pace with the others through the sparsley crowded streets. He saw a few bodies of ponies he once new on the ground. He dared not look at them for how mangled they were. He ran down the street to wherever their group was going when he heard a cry for help from one of the buildings. A mare ran out crying for salvation, a few zomponies followed soon after. Flash quarreled with himself to save the mare but saw a earthpony run to her aid. Flash knew they would need help, He ran over and Attacked one of them. He hit the zompony over the head as hard as he could, it crumbled with a twitch. He saw the earthpony struggling as the last 2 zomponies dragged him to the ground. The mare who was in trouble was screaming in terror at Flash to help him. Flash Ran over and hit one in the back of the head, he swang for the other and finnished him off as well. He looked at the earthpony, he was to late. He looked to the mare [colour=#0000FF]"Are you ok?"[/colour] He asked. She nodded but she got a look of fear once more. Flash felt teeth bite into his foreleg. He Grunted and hit the earthpony whom just turned. He looked at the wound [colour=#0000FF]"By celestia......."[/colour] He muttered. He grabbed the mare and ran with her to the group. He kept running with them and knew he was doomed, he still had to press on.

Destiny followed behind with her dagger in her mouth,She was ready for anything.Her violet mane blew around in the wind,she had cut it to make fighting easier.She cautiously walked through the ruins,She looked around and countinued.She ran to catch up.She peered around looking for any sign of zombies,then countinued on.

(I hope its ok if i just jump in)

Stone peered out of the broken window in a room he had called refuge and perceived the group of survivors quickly sprinting for their lives in the middle of Ponyville. He had reached over to his binoculars and confirmed his suspicious on these mysterious ponies. He lowers his binoculars and mutters a few words under his breath as a pony was literally torn apart by zomponies. He continued to follow these ponies with his binoculars, intrigued by these events. He smiled as one pony managed to strike down a zompony onto the ground. After a few more moments of camping inside the room, he floated his spear up to a reasonable height and hopped down the window: He had set up a rather clever contraption which resulted him landing with an inaudible *bump*. He set off to join the survivors; having many valuable supplies in his satchel.

He would first attempt to find the leader of the group.

Destiny hesitated forward when she turned around she noticed a grey stallion in the distance she squinted making sure it was not a zombponie.She turned around all the way and took a few steps closer,the grip of her dagger loosened.She took the chance of the stallion being normal, she said "Hello there.".She tightened her grip and squinted again.

Flashbomb heard A pony yelp at him about his leg. He sighed and looked to him, [colour=#0000FF]"Yes i know that, But there is nothing that we could do. She needed help and i helped her." [/colour]He said as he continued to run. His leg began to ache, the first signs of infection. He looked back to the stallion and shook his head. He carrie on with the rest.

The pony had to catch up with the group, as they had already traversed a wild distance before he had got to his senses. He used the familiar shortcuts to hurry himself to the group; hopping from building to building and scaling alleyways to shorten his distance - he managed to avoid zombies these ways. He had managed to perceive a shop which had a picture of purple berries and strawberries on the advertising board: moving inside and raiding the shop's counter of it's ink and quills. He continued to gallop out the building, eventually sighting one of the group and beaming a warm small smile towards her.

[colour=#00ffff]''Hey there!''[/colour] the stallion had greeted, straightening his satchel as he did, [colour=#00ffff]''You need to hurry.''[/colour].

The unicorn had then galloped off with extraordinary speed to the front of the group, gesturing several times for the mare to follow him. He eventually made it to a zebra that he had interpreted as the leader; he landed a spear towards a zompony that nearly striked the other animal - before turning back to him.

[colour=#00ffff]''You're the leader, right?''[/colour] Stone had questioned, omitting a welcome smile from his face [colour=#00ffff]''I need you to redirect your group to Sweet Apple Acres.''[/colour] He had then galloped off with the same speed away.

(I dont think she will be on for a long while.)

Flash watched a pony run to the front of the group, He had said something about Sweet Apple Acres and how they should be redirected there. Without pause he started to Advert his path, A few of the others must have heard and began to follow him. (background ponies) He ran down the road to Sweet Apple Acres, he hoped that it was safer there.

(Ta-Da! Not a long while. Also, I'm a man.)

Arton stared around in bemusement as his group of survivors split off after this new pony. Cutting down the last zombie in his area, he called out to the others.

[colour=#8b4513]"Guys, what in the world are you doing? We're supposed to be heading to the flare, not following strangers!" [/colour]They all kept running. Angered, Arton turned to the rest behind him. [colour=#8b4513]"Fine, go with the other survivors to Sweet Apple Acres. I'll get to the flare, and grab the scout." [/colour]Arton ran off in the direction of the flare. [colour=#8B4513]"Watch your backs, for Celestia's sake."[/colour]

Arton stopped at the edge of the Everfree Forest. The flare was still shining brightly on the other side. Lifting his sword, Arton headed into the trees. [colour=#8b4513]If the scout can get that far, so can I... hopefully.[/colour]

Flashbomb kept running to Sweet Apple Acres, He hit a couple Zomponies over the head on his endeavor to the Apple farm. He Saw a Stray pony of the group get Grabbed. He sighed and Ran to his aid, He wouldnt allow another get eaten like the last. He Hit the zompony over the head and put it down. He turned to see Another one whom had snuck Up on him. It grabbed him and Pulled him to the ground. The pony whom he just saved began to run, Flash felt Betrayed. He had just saved the poor thing and now he left him there to die. The zompony Wrestled with Flash until he felt the familiar feeling of teeth Bite his shoulder. He screamed in agony as the zompony bit hard. He Hit the fiend in the head but it wouldnt let go. [colour=#0000FF]"FOR CELESTIA'S SAKE GET IT OFF OF ME! GET IT OFF!" [/colour]He yelled. He felt the zompony release and come in to bite again. Flash flailed his wings and managed to squeeze away, Not before the zompony bit his other forelimb. Flash yelled in pain and finnished the fiend off with a hard blow. He was breathing heavily [colour=#0000FF]"This is what i get for helping....." [/colour]He groaned at his new bite injuries. He Felt his first bite throb with infection, soon there would be no time left for him. He had to help though till he couldnt do so anymore. He ran at a weak pace to the group, The young colt he saved didnt dare to look at him. Flash and the group could see sweet apple acres in the distance. They were almost there.......

(Going in with the trio.)

There she was, a purple unicorn sat on the roof a few buildings. She watched as another pony was running through the area. He was grey, and had a wine red mane. She noticed him and just rolled her eyes. She had to get to sweet apple acres, there she would find an easily defend able fortress.

Gadget sighed as he snuck across the streets. He was only recently alone. His brother had gotten got my some zombonies and told him to go as he ran another way. He snuck through the area as a lone zombpony approached him, it approached him and he stabbed it with his knife. His left wing was broken and his grey coat looked very dark. His normal black mane was messed up and he looked terrible. He made his way into a library in a tree for safety.

Time Spinner charged down the streets as a herd of zomponies chased after him. He looked around for shelter and found sugar cube corner. He ran into it, shut the door, and started to barricade it. He looked inside ad was met with the tip of a knife by a unicorn with a Blue and white mane. [colour=#008080]"What are you doing here?" [/colour][colour=#000000]She asked. [/colour]

[colour=#696969]"I'm just looking for safety. My name is Time Spinner."[/colour]

[colour=#008080]"My name is colgate." [/colour][colour=#000000]She said still not taking her knife down.[/colour]

The grey unicorn had ran at an incredible pace and had reached Sweet Apple Acres with enough time to clear out any wandering zomponies at the area before continuing. He had managed to fortify the barn beforehand and had entered it with haste. The barricade that surrounded the barn consisted of improvised materials such as apple carts. Rock then locked up the barn's door before trotting up to the upper floor and moving himself to the windows; then he switched on the searchlight and sprayed it onto one of the isolated and abandoned orchards to attract the monsters and to protect the following ponies.

The pony then returned down to the ground floor, hitting a bale of hay as he lands. He sighs. Rock looked across to his dwindling supply of provisions and equipment: he had planned to abandon this barn and the supplies that were too heavy for himself but managed to perceive the group of survivors and now planned to exploit this new clan. He used to have a small group himself, led by a reliable Pegasus although a terrible event had struck them and the only survivor was Rock himself. He needed a plan - and these new ponies were going to show them theirs.

Flashbomb and the small group of ponies he had brought along sat in the barn. He felt weak and light headed, he lied down and coughed. The colt trotted over to him, The same one he had saved just moments ago. [colour=#00FFFF]"Im so so Sorry! I just panicked and ran! i should have helped, i....." [/colour][colour=#0000FF]"Its fine.....you were scared.....its ok...." [/colour]Flash interrupted him. The colt stared at him for a moment longer, the bite marks that covered Flashbomb scared him. He ran away crying, Flash sighed and remembered the zebra leader from before. He should have stayed the course......he should have helped only himself. He looked at his forelimbs, he looked at the bitemarks he had. He was doomed, sooner or later he would turn. He felt the burn of the infection in his blood, He felt his muscles ache, he had a feaver now and he felt overall just terrible. He got up and trotted slowly to a wooden post in the barn. He leaned against it and watched over the other ponies around him.

• 3 weeks later...

(don't mind if I'm the scout? If so ignore.)

The black young unicorn stallion sat behind some boxes looking out for zomponies, wiping the rotten blood from his blade, using his darkened mane and tail to his advantage and hid in the shadows.

"hope the boss can make it, I only found my way here through stealth..." he whispered to himself.

His ears twitched as he heard the flare blaze again, hoping it could last long enough.

A couple of zomponies warn by, not noticing him, the stallion looked to where they were heading when he saw a survivor running by, only to be knocked down and onto her back, he ran after her, ignoring the main objective.

• 1 month later...