The Trotting Dead

Heretic

[colour=#282828]

Arton the zebra stood on the balcony of the Ponyville library. Clouds covered the skies, drizzling the ground with a light rain. It left small puddles on the muddy ground. From atop the library, the town looked almost peaceful.

If it wasn't full of zombies. Arton thought.

Arton turned his gaze north, searching the skies for the flare. He had sent the scout hours ago, and he hadn't seen anything from the scout since. He should have known the scout wouldn't make it far.

Angered, Arton grabbed his sword and turned back to go inside the library, when he heard a flashing noise. He turned again to see a red flare rising into the sky.

Excited, Arton went inside the library, a large smile on his face. He stood atop the staircase, looking down on the small group of Ponyville survivors he had gathered.

[colour=#8B4513]"Alright, boys and girls. The flare's been shot, Let's go. I don't want to waste any time. You all remember where we're going?"[/colour]Arton pulled out an old notice poster from his pocket. [colour=#8B4513]"Canterlot. They say that the princesses have found a cure for all the zombies. Granted, it's an old poster, but it's not like anyone else could come to post a new one."[/colour]

All of the ponies in the library grabbed their weapons, while Arton moved to the front door. [colour=#8B4513]"This is it, friends. This is how we survive. I sent that scout to see if there was a safe way out of this town, and there is! Now stay close to me. Let's go!"[/colour]

Arton opened the door to the Ponyville streets, where only one zombie stood. Checking around for any others, he ran up to the zombie and slashed it's head. Once it hit the ground, he signaled for the others to follow.

[colour=#8B4513]"We need to move quickly, and quietly. Now let's move"[/colour][colour=#8B4513] [/colour]

(This is my first host RP, but I hope it'll turn out well. Someone can be the scout if they want, but I kinda need to fill in the ponies in Arton's group.) [/colour]

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

((I join group?))

Midas twirled his black diamond amulet with his hoof. A faint light glowed off of it. The golden unicorn looked at Arton whilst walking alongside him, waiting for him to reply to Stormchaser. Spotting a zombie from around a building corner, Midas focused his magic and sent it reeling into a well. A satisfying splat of success met his ears.

• 1 month later...

((This is what is always going through my head))

A black Pegasus (look at my picture) comes up next to Midas "Think that's something watch this!" he whispers. Raising his hoof the air freezes in front of it and spreads out toward two zombies as it reaches them it explodes in a flash of white light leafing two chard courpes on the ground.

• 1 year later...

(Away from Arton's group)

Daisy Chain and Dark Rain were fighting off several trotters with their baseball bat and long sword. Blaze Brute, the unicorn, was trying to get the flare launcher to work. Once it did, she realized the amount of trotters around them. She knew the couple couldn't fight them themselves. She picked up her bow and fired arrows at the disgusting creatures. After they were all dead they fixed the barbed wire and traps. The three hadn't been there for a day and they were already being attacked. Daisy Dark and Blaze had been friends since kindergarden/nursery and when the break out happened they found each other straight away. "I never knew that running would work," Daisy said

"Duh," Blaze said. "Of course running would work that's why I am the brains."

"Says the pony who cheats in tests," Dark said.

"Hey! Daisy tell your coltfriend to shut it,"

They all burst out laughing.

"But be serious for a moment," Daisy said. "Do you think anypony is actually here?"

Daisy looked worried and Dark comforted her, "Hey somepony had to have been here. Most of the stores are empty. Don't worry.""

"You're right," Blaze said standing up. "Dark somepony must have been here fly up there and see if there's anypony coming our way. Daisy you set up the sleepers and I will fight off any trotter's."

The plan was set and the trio went to work.

(If you couldn't tell Dark is a male pegasus who goes out with Daisy who is a female earth pony. Blaze is their best friend and 'the brains behind the operation')