Possible Collaborations!

OilWells

Well, I've been thinking it over for sometime and I finally decided that I would like to try doing some musical collaborations with some of my fellow bronies. I've never done anything of this sort before so it'll be somewhat of an experiment for me, but hopefully it'll be a fun one haha.

If you are unfamiliar with my work, here is a link: https://soundcloud.com/django-11

What am I looking for? Well, its pretty open at the moment; singers, rappers, remixers, or anything of that sort, I just want to see where the possibilities will lead us. If you do plan on singing or rapping, it would be preferred that you can record your vocals with a decent amount of clarity (I will probably ask for an example to be sure). Once I get the song to my liking (and in doing so, hopefully yours [you will have input, don't worry]) you will get a copy of the finished product (which will also be uploaded onto my soundcloud page). Remember, I am not a professional music producer by any stretch of the imagination, I am just working with a copy of FL Studios on my laptop, so for the sake of your hopes, I wouldn't put them too high, haha.

If you are interested, feel free to reply to this thread with what you want to do and I will reply in a PM as soon as I can so we can figure out the details.

List of People Interested

MyLittlePonyTales

EmeraldShadows

List of Songs Completed

(Empty)

They would get to have plenty of creative input on the whole thing. We would start by trading ideas back and forth before we actually started working on the music, I wouldn't want it where someone was completely left out of the creative process. When I say "to my liking" I just mean that would be the first level of expectation it would have to reach before I ever thought about uploading it, I don't mean that I would just sit by myself and finish the song while leaving the other person in the dark.

Tales, I was going to send you a PM, but the site informed me that, for one reason or another, you are unable to receive new messages, so I will reply in here instead.

I would like to start by thanking you for showing interest in doing a collaboration. I figured I was going to be waiting a lot longer, haha.

Right off the bat, I would like to know any ideas you might have for this. Any song ideas, the general tone, pony or non-pony related, or anything of that sort? If you don't have any particular ideas I'm sure we can talk it out and think of something we can both be happy with. The main point of this is that we both are satisfied with the final outcome.

The most important thing to remember about this is to have fun. If at anytime you no longer feel as if you want to be apart of this project, then feel free to say so, there will be no hard feelings.

Can't wait to hear back from you. :D

Well, a friend and I once came up with a parody of sorts for the song Roxie from Chicago, but instead it was Trixie, and the lyrics were change up quite a bit. It fit really well.

Another thing I liked was

, which pitted two character's against each other in a rap battle.

So my ideas are parodies and rap battles.

I'm not too sure about parodies, because that might be a bit more than I am able to do for various reasons, but the idea of rap battles is actually fairly intriguing. Do you have anything in mind at the moment? Just a thought I'd figure I'd throw out there is that you wouldn't have to limit it to characters in the show, I imagine a battle of OC's would be fairly amusing, not to mention endlessly entertaining to do, but that's completely up to you. I'm sure I can make a beat for it if you had any particular ideas or guidelines you would like to put up regarding tone or something of that sort.

Well, like I was saying, the idea of an OC rap battle would be very cool to me. I would actually like to get in on that, if it doesn't bother you, one of your OC's verses one of mine (mostly, because I find the idea of Oil Wells rapping particularly amusing, plus I can test out my terrible Daniel Plainview impression).

• 4 weeks later...

Good new/bad news time...

Bad news: Currently, the computer which I use to make all of my music is going under some technical problems and I can only hope that I'll be able to resolve them as quickly as possible.

Good news: That shouldn't stop the creative process too bad. We can still work on the writing and fleshing out the ideas, so no worries, if you are still interested, Tales.

Emerald, I'm going to send you a PM so we can continue to discuss your interest in a project. :)