[Whitetail Woods] New Delivery[Open!]

BlindJester

Merry was out on her usual afternoon route delivering all the packages at Canterlot. When she returned back to her jobs headquarters she was told how she has a new house on her afternoon route somewhere in Whitetail Woods. 'Yes that's real helpful to help me find it boss' she mumbled under her breath as she flew over the woods. It wasn't that she hated having a new house on her route she loved being able to stay out longer and deliver more packages it's just that she hates it when her boss doesn't tell her the exact address to the house. 'It's a cottage he says' she mocked him 'You can't miss it! he says'. Merry liked her boss he's just a bit scatterbrained.

Soon after half an hour she found the cottage and a weird path that leads to it 'I guess I better stay on the path since it's there' making a soft landing she trotted up to the door and knocked "Delivery!" she called into the home.

Foxglove smiled as she watched the dough on her pear and tomato pizza rise. A few more moments and it would be time for lunch. The magenta pony made a little nicker of excitement as the timer inched closer to "done". Time was of the essence now. If she let it bake for even a second too long, the pear would overcook and it would be ruined.

Ten seconds now....

Nine...

Eight...

Foxglove licked her lips in anticipation.

Seven...

Six...

There was a knocking at the door. Foxglove ignored it, her eyes intent on the pizza.

Five...

Four...

The knocking continued, more insistent now.

Three...

"Delivery!" shouted a voice from outside. Foxglove tore her eyes away from the pizza and cantered over to the door to open it.

"Oh you must be the mailpony please come in I am currently baking a pear and tomato pizza and it is at a crucial stage now so please just come in right now and look at the time oh no..." she babbled to the pony outside.

Even as she cantered back to the oven, Foxglove knew that her pizza was ruined. Using her telekinesis, she opened the door to her oven and pulled out the hot, burned pizza, the poached pear on it ruined forever. Well, ruined in Foxglove's eyes, that is. Most other ponies would have thought that it was pretty good, otherwise.

"I-I'm sorry miss did I . . . . um intrude on something important?" she asked as she looked over the mare's shoulder "Th-The pizza looks fine to me but if you want I can help you make it again." she offered and prayed she didn't make a terrible first impression. "An-anyway I am your new mailmare here and um I was just going to give you this package" she sat her bag down and rummaged in it for a good few moments. After 3 minutes of searching she found it "Package!" she exclaimed rather happy to have found it "Now if you could please just give me signature I will be on my way!"

Cups, plates and serving items flew out of cupboards and into the air as Foxglove magically set her table for two. The steaming pizza was floated out of the oven and plopped unceremoniously onto another plate as the magenta unicorn addressed her new guest.

"Oh. A new mailmare? Did something happen to the last one? Oh, I do hope that she's...... not hurt...... in any way." Foxglove said kindly to the pegasus. "You don't have to help me make a new one. I suppose I can eat this one. Would you like to join me? I rarely get visitors out here and it would be...... nice...... to share lunch with someone new."

Before long, the table was set. Foxglove took the package from the new mailmare and looked at the piece of paper that the new mailmare held out.

"A package? I wonder who sent it. Perhaps it's a product return." she said in a disappointed voice.

An ink-dipped quill floated from its position on Foxglove's main shop counter and sped towards her. Once it was in her posession, she signed the paper with a flourish.

"There. Now, would you like to join me for lunch? I'd hate this pizza to go cold."

"Well if you say its okay I don't see why not" she sat at one end of the table waiting for her host."I don't know what happened the last mailmare." Merry was only told that this was her new route during her daily afternoon flight, she wondered what happened to the previous pony. "What are you doing way out here by yourself" she questioned as she waited for the mare to join her at the table

Foxglove put the quill back in the inkstand and trotted over to the table, where she served herself and her guest a cup of tea.

"It's nice to meet you, New Mailmare. I am Foxglove." she said delicately, "But I guess you already know that from the package."

She dropped two sugars in her tea and continued, "I rather like the view from this neck of the woods. It's comfortable and lovely. Slice of pizza?"

She held up a slice on a server.

Merry bowed her head politely at her new client "It a pleasure to meet you as well. My name is Merry" she grinned at her possibly new friend "And yes I would love a slice of pizza it looks delicious" waiting patiently for the pizza to be cut and shared with her. She wondered what it would taste like she has never seen a pizza like this before "This is a wonderful place with a great view isn't it? I like to fly by here every once in a while actually" she commented trying to keep the small talk alive.

Foxglove kept a seraphic smile on her face as she put a piece of pizza on Merry's plate. She always used the same serene smile whenever visitors were about.

"It is very...... nice...... to meet you, Merry." she said simply as she pushed the plate over to Merry.

She put a large slice on a plate for herself.

"Why yes, I love it here." Foxglove said as she cut a small piece of the oddly sweet-and-sour pizza off with a knife and fork and lifted it to her lips.

She chewed the food for a long time before swallowing it, leaving a rather awkward pause in the conversation as she ate.

After quite some time, she swallowed and said, "I do hope that you don't graze here too often. Some of the plants can be quite dangerous."

• 2 weeks later...

Merry looked at the slice of pizza in front of her it looked good but she's never eaten such a interesting combination of toppings before, taking a small test bit Merry it tasted strange yet sweet. Being ever so indecisive she took another bit larger than the last trying to get a better taste for the pizza and decided she liked it so she took a few more small bites loving how the pizza just glides down her throat leaving the great taste on her tongue.

"I'm glad you love it here. It is quite of a nice secluded area huh?" she agreed but when she mentioned dangerous plants Merry tilted her head to one side slightly confused "Dangerous plants? What dangerous plants? I actually do not live here I live in Appleloosa I'm just giving some help to the delivery ponies over here for a little while. So no I don't come here often."

Foxglove examined her plate, cutting another piece with a knife and fork and putting it in her mouth. Once again, she chewed for a long time before swallowing. Having swallowed her food, she proceeded to answer Merry's question.

"The plants around this area can be quite bad for a pony's health. I can't even begin to count how many times I've found a pony hurt in my garden from touching the plants or grazing on them!" she said gently.

She gestured to a large cupboard with a small hand-made sign on it. It read "Antidotes".

"It's a good thing that I keep a large supply of antidotes handy. Otherwise, I'm sure that a lot more ponies would be hurt."

Zephyr doubled up on jobs from Cloudsdale periodically. Since they often had enough workers making rainbows, he would do a delivery job here and there. He had just completed one of these jobs delivering a few supplies to Hoofington and was flying over Whitetail Wood on his way back to Cloudsdale.

Delivering the supplies were first priority, so he didn't spend a lot of time enjoying the scenery. On his way back however, he took a much slower pace and flew closer to the forest. Whitetail Wood was quite beautiful at a closer look and Zephyr had an urge to fly down and get a look from underneath the trees, but there was no good reason to do so and kept flying.

Eventually something caught his eye in the forest, it was different from everything else and Zephyr's curiousity got the best of him. He lowered his altitude and was surprised when he discovered that it was a cottage in the woods. He wondered who it belonged to, though was there any reason to go look? Zephyr didn't want to intrude, but he wanted to know who would live all the way out here in the woods alone. Living alone was something he knew about and against his better judgment, flew down to the cottage. He scolded himself for letting his curiosity get the best of him though.

He reached the ground and looked toward the cottage. The front door was easy enough to identify. He was hesitant about approaching and decided to keep quiet and survey the surroundings. Someone definitely lived here now, it was kept up well and there were signs the land behind it were worked with. It was quiet and nopony was around, Zephyr took a few steps closer to the cottage and he caught wind of a familiar and wonderful smell. Someone had made a pizza and it smelled delicious. Zephyr remembered back on a time in Manehattan when he had mugged a pizza delivery pony. It was a quick job, he had knocked the wind out of the pony and Zephyr had left with the pizza before the pony could even see straight again. Mugging delivery ponies usually wasn't a good idea, but this one had taken a back route and the smell of the food was enticing. His precision paid off and he found the risk worth taking after eating the pizza. He was always careful not to mug in the same spot twice and knew this wasn't something he would have the chance to eat again unless he spent a few bits. Zephyr tried not to think about those times and his thoughts returned to the cottage.

He hadn't eaten all day and was hungry. It was clear someone was here. In fact, after Zephyr took another few steps closer to the door, he could hear two voices. They were muffled, but it was clear to him there were two mares inside the cottage. Maybe if Zephyr introduced himself, he could have a bit of that wonderful food. There were lots of plants around the forest, but Zephyr didn't know what many of them were and knew he better not try any of them, no matter how good they looked. The pizza inside the cottage was a far better prize anyway. (Okay, all I need to do is introduce myself, be polite, and...) Zephyr thought about the best way to go about this. This was too weird, he didn't do well talking to new ponies and all he wanted was food from them. He felt shallow for even thinking this. (Ah forget it, what's there to lose by trying?)

Zephyr approached the door, tapped it twice with his right hoof, took 2 steps back, and remained quiet.

• 3 weeks later...

Inside the house, there was another long and probably quite awkward pause as Foxglove slowly chewed through yet another piece of her piping hot pizza. Her ears pricked up, as two knocks resounded through her house. Not wanting to leave her guest waiting, she finished her current piece of pizza and swallowed.

"Please excuse me." she said softly.

Foxglove stood up and slowly trotted over to the door, seemingly quite unconcerned with making her newest guest wait. She opened it and nodded at Zephyr.

"Good afternoon, Sir. My, I seem to be very...... popular...... today." she said sweetly, affixing the newcomer with one of her trademark wide-eyed stares, "Can I...... help...... you with anything? Are you here to shop?"

Zephyr was waiting around for awhile. He had almost thought that no one would come until the door slid open and a pink mare stood behind it. She smiled at Zephyr, but it didn't feel genuine, and her stare gave Zephyr a slight chill through his back. The way she spoke only added to the creepy vibe she was giving Zephyr. He nervously replied...

"Uh... help me? I don't think so, err... you run a shop out here in the woods? What sort of stuff do you sell out here?"

The pizza's aroma grew when she opened the door. She may be creepy, but she sure did know how to make a good pizza. Zephyr's stomach grumbled after he asked the unicorn about her shop.

As Merry took a few bites of her pizza sitting in awkward silence with her generous host she wondered how long she could stay here until she had to do her next delivery. Not wanting to take chances she finished the rest of her pizza and headed to the door where she saw Foxglove talking to a dark green stallion she waited until the next pause to butt in "Excuse me I hate to be rude but I must eat and run I have a delivery in a few minutes and I would hate to be late." she said quickly bowing her head "I hope we may meet again sometime and have a better and less awkward meeting" trotting off and said a quick goodbye to the new guest she stretched her wings and took off.

((Sorry I have to leave this thread >< I haven't been replying a lot here and I don't want to slow down this RP hope to see you again ^^))

Foxglove had been ill prepared to deal with multiple guests. Her solitary nature and secluded existence made her less aware of the passage of time and she had a tendency to take things terribly slowly. She looked at the green stallion in front of her and drew a breath in to give him a reply. Before she could start talking, however, the mare in her kitchen seemed to hover above the ground slightly and said a few words to her before zipping off past her, out the door and into the sky.

Foxglove could only manage the barest of blinks and a rather confused, "Goodbye?" before Merry was out the door and flying away.

Foxglove blinked a few more times as she tried to parse the sequence of events that had just occured. Once she completed this task a few minutes later, her ears pricked towards the stallion as his belly rumbled once more.

"Oh dear me. She did seem to be in quite a rush. Please, come inside." she said, "We can discuss my inventory over lunch. You seem quite huntry."

With that, Foxglove ushered the stallion inside. Her horn glowed momentarily to clear the mailmare's dirty plates and cutlery off the table and set a fresh and clean table-setting for the stallion. As she walked into the kitchen, the dirty plates clattered their way over to the kitchen bench and clattered loudly as they dropped inside the metal confines of the sink.

This mare gave off some strange vibes... familiar ones at that. Seems she was trying to figure out how to even talk to Zephyr. He knew that feeling and simply waited. The other mare inside suddenly came to the door, said her goodbyes and left promptly. How... odd. Guess she had somewhere to be.

Foxglove invited Zephyr in and caught on to his hunger. She cleared off a spot for him to eat with her magic and Zephyr followed the unspoken invite to that spot.

"You're quite right, I am fairly hungry. I just got done delivering some mail to Hoofington and haven't eaten anything the entire trip. Um, I could smell your pizza outside and it smelled quite tasty."

Zephyr smiled, he had hoped that didn't come out the wrong way. When glancing around the mare's house, he noticed all sorts of unfamiliar objects about the house. She sure had some interesting and exotic stuff around. And was this her shop and her home? Curiously, Zephyr asked...

"Do you live out here all alone?"