The Doors Are Always Open (Open; Ponyville)

SteelEagle

With Applejack's exit, Ms. Harshwhinney's focus returned to the task at hoof: Listening to the Mayor's presentation concerning Ponyville's candidancy for the next Equestria Games.

"Thank you, Mayor," the stern looking orange Earth pony said as she entered the office. "Before we begin, I must say that at first, I was adamantly opposed to the entry of Ponyville into consideration as a host city for any future Equestria Games. I felt this quaint little village was simply too small and incapable of committing itself to such a large task. However, after much consultation with my superiors in Canterlot has changed all that. I came here to Ponyville with an open mind. With all that said, Mayor, explain to me why you believe Ponyville to be an ideal location for a future Equestria Games?"

Meanwhile, outside, the unicorn brothers also notice a departing Applejack who is now far out of range.

"Wait Flam! Was that, Applejack?"

"Indeed it was, Flim, and I fear her and her family will be bitterly opposed to our return to Ponyville for the sake of commerce."

"But why should they care? After all, in the end, they defeated us."

"We actually won, dear brother, it was our low quality apple cider that defeated us. However, perhaps we can mend our fences with the Apple Family later. For now, we have a permit to seek!"

"Right you are, Flam!" the non-mustached unicorn stallion twin said as his mustached sibling followed him into the waiting room where each took a seat to wait for their turn.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

mayormarerevectorizedby.png

"Good to see you once more as well, Harshwhinny. It's been too long. Please, take a seat," The Mayor began, placing a cup of coffee for her. It never hurt to butter up the officials, even if that term hardly ever meant you actually buttered them up. That'd be odd, but slightly delightful on occasion. She took a few seconds and opened up her folder, pushing it towards the official.

"Let's start by saying what Ponyville is not. It is not an economic or cultural powerhouse, the sort of city that is commonly picked for the Games. While the town has for all intents and purposes doubled in the past few years, going from this small cowpony town to one of the nation's fastest growing cities, it is not on of the biggest. If the Games demand somewhere that is bigger and badder than the rest, than Ponyville will not win, I admit," The Mayor smiled.

"But none of that matters, because our strengths are near limitless. We are the home to the only Princess in Equestria proper outside of Canterlot, and our stewardship of the Elements of Harmony makes us a historically significant city here in the present as well as one of the most critically vital in the land. The Games would be well served to acknowledge modern Equestria history in it's selection of the games. As I said, we are a growing city- the Games will not find itself wanting for much while also having the space to field a large proportion of the games without bumping into urban sprawl. We are close to Canterlot, meaning we are a transportation hub that everypony can get to while retaining all the qualities of remaining outside it's city limits. We also charge less for the use of our city and it's facilities than others, and we have a history of hosting similarly successful events in the past from the Running of the Leaves to the equally successful first annual Iron Pony. All in all, I believe Ponyville is a superb choice for the Games- history, good exposure, easy to get to, and the least expensive to run with the facilities to rent and land to use for your benefit," The Mayor finished, taking a deep breath and sipping her coffee, then yawning the largest of yawns.

"Ahhh, I'm sorry. Didn't get any sleep last night!

• 4 weeks later...

(ooc): Many apologies for not keeping up with this RP, folks

As Flim and Flam settled in the waiting room, Ms. Harshwhinney listened with great interest with the Mayor's presentation. The more she listened, the more the orange Earth mare was impressed. On the outside, she wore her usual stone face, but on the inside, she was beginning to get excited about the prospect of holding the Equestria Games in Ponyville. Noticing the Mayor's tiredness and then hearing that she hadn't had much sleep, Ms. Harshwhinney reasoned that it was all because of the time she took to prepare this presentation. This fact impressed the official Equestria Games Inspector even more.

"I must confess, Madam Mayor," Ms. Harshwhinney began, "I came here today with very low expectations. Frankly, I didn't give Ponyville's bid for the games much of a chance, but hearing your very inspiring presentation has changed my mind! I never truly thought of it that way before! Yes! Ponyville does have much to offer as both a symbolic and historical center of Equestria! Now, I do have some questions regarding accomidations. After all, any city or town that hosts the Equestria Games must be able to comfortably house all of the athletes as well as all of the visitors who would come here. What are Ponyville's plans for taking care of this challenge?"

At least she was an honest mare. The Mayor had dealt with enough ponies who had lied through their teeth and claimed that Ponyville had been one of their top choices as a prime spot for their business when she knew that it used to be a stop of last resort for a business still searching for some success. Indeed, while Ponyville had never been a metropolis it had a sterling record with businesses it had a very strong track record. It still was not a business center and claims otherwise were false. Claims previous to the Elements of Harmony arriving that it was an important city were also skeptical at best. So much schmoozing to get on the Mayor's good side in the past made it refreshing to hear a bit of honesty, even if it wasn't necessarily positive. Still, she had it in her sights. Time to seal the deal and break open some nice cider.

"Well, I'm glad my proposal was able to help you see our city in a new light, Mrs. Harshwhinny. Shows good character to admit that much. And you are right that the issue of accommodations is the last real barrier, and that is going to be where we run into some rough terrain so to speak. We have enough accommodations for the Running of the Leaves, but as we both know the Games are much bigger. It would require a substantial upgrade to what Ponyville offers now, but that is where our distance to Canterlot comes in. Should we not be able to completely meet demand, train and chariot to the city is simple and cheap. However, i don't believe that would be a problem. Should Ponyville be asked to meet certain requirements to host the games it will do so, I assure you," The Mayor offered with a resolute nod. She had drawn up several plans in case that was a demand of the Games Committee for new hotels and sporting fields. Should it come to it she was willing to leverage her relationship with officials from many cities to get the bits, materials, and hooves needed. It would get done, no doubt.

Ms. Harshwhinney listened to the Mayor's answer to her concerns.

"I must say, Mayor, I am quite impressed. Normally, when I approach town officials with questions like this, they will promise some sort of 'pie in the sky' idea to convince me that they can do the impossible. I appreciate your candor, the fact that you realize Ponyville could never itself house so many athletes and fans. Yes, I do believe that wpuld be a managable method to handle the situation. One sign of true leadership is the ability to recognize the need for help and cooperation. I'm sure that you have some brilliant ponies in this town who could handle the logistics. May I also suggest the use of airships for bulk travel? I'm sure there would be a suitable landing area outside of town that could accommidate landings, correct?"

Meanwhile, in the waiting room, Flim and Flam were starting to get impatient.

"How much longer will it be? I want to get our permit and flee!" sang Flim.

"How much longer must we wait? To get victory and cell-a-brate!!!" sang Flam.

The whole presentation had gone exceedingly well. Almost dangerously well. Usually when things went this well something would come by and ruin the whole thing- she hesitated briefly in responding, anticipating the sound of some loud scratch or an explosion of light over the horizon, signaling some new menace to Equestria. A few seconds passed by. Nothing? Nothing! Huzzah, she was not cursed this time by teh dastardly fates. Finally, she could do something good for the town. She sighed in relief and leaned back, more relaxed than she was before.

"We actually do have an airfield-suitable field that is used for the Running of the Leaves. We can deal with one airship on the ground at a time and two more in the air space, which would suit our needs. And if I were to receive confirmation of the committee's acceptance of our proposal, I could probably see to public funding for some more facilities and housing for the games. Financially- well, it's part of the report I submitted so I won't bore you with the details, but we could improve our lot significantly if we have assurances. But I suppose that's a long way off- this is still early in the process, and you have many other cities to visit before you can cut the list down. It was an honor meeting with you, and I hope you remember in the long term that Ponyville is the best choice for the Equestrian Games," The Mayor finished with a smile, hoofing over a free cup of coffee to the mare. She had ponies to meet still, and the longer she allowed the issue to linger the more Harshwhinny would have time to ask questions about certain hard to accept facets of the proposal. No matter- The Mayor poked her head into the waiting room and saw....

Uggh, not these two. She wasn't a fan of ponies who attempted to swindle a cornerstone of the town's existence out of it's property. Still, she would be cordial. It was part of the job.

"Well, might as well...come on in and take a seat, you two."

"Thank you, Mayor, for a very solid presentation," Ms. Harshwhinney said as she departed, "hmmmmm, since I'm in Ponyville and Sweet Apple Acres is not to far away.. I think I'll drop by to visit with a certain handsome stallion!:

(exit Ms. Harshwhinney)

"By gadfry! It's now our turn, Flim!"

"After you, Flam!"

The two lanky unicorn brothers entered into the Mayor's office and took their seats.

"Thank you for seeing us on such short notice," Flim said.

"I hope things are well with you, madam," added Flam,

"Yes, we heard about that unfortunate incident with Trixie and her takeover of your lovely town."

"We hope you're no worse for the wear. By the way, any idea on where that, Alicorn Amulet, might be located now?"

"We can keep a secret, we won't tell a soul!"

At least they had the gall to talk to her face to face and not try to scam one of the shop keepers out of their space in the market. She didn't put it past them, but they did show some restraint by coming to her first. Then if they didn't come up with any respectable she could toss them out on their flanks with the full backing of common sense behind her. At the very least she'd allow them to make whatever proposal they had.

"Well, it's my pleasure to meet with any and all, Flim," The Mayor said, taking a sip of coffee as she smiled at Flam.

"Nice to see you as well. Things are fine here, all right. How have you been? I heard about something at the Grand Galloping Gala recently," She ended with a smile. She knew full well what had happened which had done nothing to lessen her trepidation about seeing them. At least she could see them squirm a little before they got down to business.

And then it hit. They were here about the Amulet. They covered it with a degree of falsity that would be charming if they weren't so bad. When they didn't try to talk over you, they were simple to detect. The Mayor's smile didn't fade.

"Thank you for your concern. As for the amulet- I have no idea. I believe it was destroyed. And I will be honest with you- after what you did in your last visit here and what happened at the Gala should rumors be true, I wouldn't tell you even if I knew. Now, I hate to be rude but if you have nothing to propose or ask of me I have a lot of paperwork I could be doing."

"Dear Mayor, you misunderstand," Flim explained.

"My brother and I were merely engaging in, polite conversation," added Flam, "we meant to harm or insult."

Now the unicorn brothers began to sing:

"The true reason we are here, is simple as can be!"

"We have some goods to sell, to every slingle pony!"

:"And we'd like to set up in town, and do it quite legit,"

"But in order to do this, we're gonna need a PER--MIT!!!"

"We want to buy a permit, that's our purpose, that is it!"

"I know that you are wise, and support business enterprise!"

"We want to buy a permit, that's our purpose, that is it!"

"We have come without delay, can we purchase one TO-DAY????"

Then they started to sing. Uggh. Where did they get the nerve to try and placate her with song? She wasn't some fool, not by a long shot. But they at least were on the path to discussing something legal. Truth be told she had nothing she could use to stop them from buying a permit. Sure she could ask for more info but that would antagonize them. She knew they had a good product and knew they could produce. She had dug into their histories after they had left and while they were bad ponies, very bad ponies, they had not done anything illegal. Legally she couldn't do anything but waste their time and she doubted that would play well, so she'd have to use a different strategy.

"Well, I'm happy to hear that you want to take your business legitimate, Flim and Flam. After a rather poor showing of quality, I assume you can do better?" She tapped her chin a moment before reaching into her desk.

"I can give you the permit as well as the Notice of Good Standing. Since I know you two like to talk and think fast, let me give this to you straight," The Mayor quipped as she hoofed over the papers.

"The permit allows you to use a small place available on the south side of the marketplace. It is for two-hundred bits a month plus the normal sales tax. You are to read and to agree on the rest of the city's business documentation before you may begin using the space. More importantly, the Notice of Good Standing must also be signed. You agree to use what is called good business ethics and morals- outlined in a few pages that follow. Should you not abide by these rules, you void your business contract with the city and we may remove your business permanently. Any questions?"

The Mayor's sobering words brought the festive mood of the unicorn brothers back down to earth.

"Madam Mayor, you cut us to the quick!" Flim sang.

"Our business enterprise is not a trick!" Flam added in song,

"We will admit last time to mistakes!"

"That this time we will not make!"

"Yes our past we do regret!"

"But now we have our best product YET!!!!"

After their latest song, Flim produced a small fancy looking glass bottle with a yellowish liquid inside and sat it upon the Mayor's desk.

"Here's our new product, one I'm sure all the mares in town will love! Apple scented perfume!"

"And we haven't forgotten the stallions," Flam said as he brought out a different shaped bottle. "Apple scented cologne!"

"Please Mayor Mare, do us the honor of trying the perfume, see for yourself how wonderful it smells!"

"Yes, my brother and take great pride in our newest creation!"

• 4 weeks later...

The two stallions continued to ramble on in an effort to assure her they were on the level. She wasn't going to buy it, not at all, but she most certainly wasn't going to deny them the chance to start a business in her town as long as they were ready to pay it forward. They produced both a perfume and a cologne and begged her to give it a try, telling her it was their best product yet. It'd be hard not to be- their last venture in town had failed for a rather inglorious reason, after all. She gave it a look before sighing, removing her glasses as she cleaned them. They weren't getting the message.

"Please listen to my words very carefully. I have already told you what you need to do to start a business here. It doesn't matter if I like you or dislike you or whether I trust you or not. It doesn't matter what your business is as long as it is legal. You two will sign the Notice of Good Standing and will purchase the permit. You will read the rest of the business documentation and agree to it. Honestly, I'm a little annoyed at this whole song and dance when I told you what you could do," she put the glasses back on and sighed again, deep and disgruntled.

"But the perfume looks good. Approve of the packaging," She tried a small spray on her 'wrist' and smelled it. It was good. She wouldn't call Rarity and tell her about it, but it was good.

"Not bad. Priced fairly, you could do well. Anywho, purchase the permit, read, understand, and agree to the Notice of Good Standing and the other business documentation, and you'll be good to go."

The Flim Flam brothers smile in unison at the Mayor's last words. Then they go into a quick song and dance.

"We thank you for your seal of approval!" Flim sang.

"It really means the word to us!" Flam sang.

"Soon we will be on the move-al!"

"And sign the forms without much fuss!"

"You may keep the prefume as a gift!"

"And your spirits we hope it will LIFT!!!!!"

The two unicorn brothers end with a classic 'slide and hat wave' before standing up, bowing to the Mayor, and walking out of the office, levitating the proper forms in the air ahead of them as they exit the room. Now outside, the brothers walk over to their wheeled contraption as another pony walks over and enters the Mayor's office:

sml_gallery_475_9_8090.jpgMojo

"I can dig this swingin' pad! YEAH BABY!" Mojo neighed as the Paint stallion took a seat in the waiting room.

"Brother Flam, was that that hippie fellow with the peddler's wagon entering the Mayor's office?"

"I believe so, brother Flim. That goofball could be competition for us, perhaps we should investigate."

"Indeed! We'll sneak over to the outside window and listen in."

"Agreed," Flim said as the two unicorn brothers circled around the side of the building and slowly crept into some nearby bushes.

The annoying twins left her alone finally, allowing the Mayor a moment's reflection on the absurdity they were sure to bring down around the heads of Ponyville's citizens. No doubt it would start off simply but they were on a short leash. She could take away their permit rather quickly if she received enough complaints about their business practices. Hopefully they'd play ball and she wouldn't have to- so much paperwork, so little reward. After they left came in Ponyville's lead hippy pony and least serious officiator of the smell of flowers, Mojo. A good stallion, if his constant non-chalantness made for a little annoying conversation. Still, she was excited to see him. He never had any real problems so whatever he was here for was not going to be the standard. Good times.

"Mojo! So nice to see you. Can't say I see you around here very often. What brings you to my cool digs?" The Mayor asked with a smile, opening the door for him and beckoning the stallion to take a seat, warm coffee ready for him. New pot was needed, no doubt one of her assistants slacking on the job. Still though, some coffee was better than no coffee and the no coffee future for her after she retured was not the sort of future she wanted to give credence to at that moment. Should get more tea. Everypony loved tea and she could have that forever. Good thought. Get more tea. Get more tea but don't fall asleep.

"How goes business?"

Mojo always enjoyed visiting the Mayor in her office. The Paint stallion wasn't in town often, but everytime he did visit Ponyville, he made it a point to see Mayor Mare.

"Everythin's really groovy, Mayor," Mojo said with a smile on his face. "I'm back in good ol' Ponyville for a while. Thought I'd drop in an' visit with me favorite elected official!"

Then the Paint stallion retrieved several items from his saddlebags, placing each one of them on the Mayor's desk as he explained them.

"First, I brought ya some gifts from all me travels! I gotcha a tin of me own brand of tea from the family farm. I know ya like it. And I wanna give ya this lava lamp! It'll make a groovy addition to yur office or home. Takes a lotta work to put one of these together. Ya wouldn't believe how I gather enough lava ta make one of these babies glow! Oh, and I have this I made meself!"

Mojo pulled out of his saddlebag a large canvass framed artwork. It was pop-art to be sure, similar to the style of Picasso.

"I hope you'll like this painted portrait of, YOU! Took me bout a week to finish, did it all from memory, y'know! Ya always give me such a grand welcome when I'm in Ponyville, so I wanted ta give ya a small token of me appreciation! How do ya like it?"

Peeking through the office window, Flim and Flam couldn't hear the conversation, but watched the Mayor being presented with Mojo's gifts.

"So, THAT'S his game," Flim whispered.

"Bribing the Mayor," Flam whispered back.

"Why didn't we think of that?"

"I don't know, but look at that painting he gave her."

"Looks like jigsaw puzzle pieces all mixed up."

"Why would that hippie give her such a hidious gift?"

"He MUST be up to something."

"Let's keep watching." Flam whispered as the unicorn brothers continue to observe.

The mayor was surprised to see the stallion bring her such fine gifts with no provocation. In her younger days it hadn't been much of a situation to be struck by, of course. While she wouldn't claim she was a beauty, the Mayor had a few admirers and coltfriends in the blossoming era of youth. She had aged like fine wine and if she had a desire could have settled with any number of mares or stallions, but she didn't. That didn't matter much concerning his kind gesture. Gestures. She took his tea with a smile, having had it many times. It was certainly unique, had an earthy quality to it that was hard to ignore. Not the best she had, but she used it for delegations especially. Claimed it was Ponyville. Always worked. Then he gave her a Lava lamp which was nice, though she didn't have anything special to say.

And then there was the portrait of...her. How the heck had he gotten one made? Why had he gotten one made? This went from being ssweet to creepy in less than a few seconds. She wasn't the biggest fan of surprise portraits of herself being delivered from the hooves of a stallion whom she didn't know so well in a closed door room. She'd read a few horror stories that started this way. The Mayor gulped as she looked at it. It was very good. And it was from memory. If only she had unicorn bodyguards who could have spells on the ready in case things took a turn for the creepy. She'd always miss Fillydelphia for that extra wrinkle of protection.

"Wow! That's, uhh, that is very sweet of you, Mojo. From memory, you say?...Nice. Your tea is always wonderful and I am very humbled that you put that much effort into creating a lava lamp for me. It is always nice to see a citizen show their appreciation," She laughed nervously, though already making two cups of tea using his family's special brew. Odd or not, his gestures were friendly and warm and she'd return the favor.

"SO, where did your travels take you this time?"

"Glad ya asked me, doll," Mojo said as he accepted the tea from the Mayor, "I took me peddler's wagon as far as Las Pegasus, sold nearly all me stock, so I was on me way back to the Nimbusgait Lakes and me parent's farm for resupply. But before I did that, I just hadda give ya all these gifts. Y'know Mayor Mare, you and me are good friends! Ya never give me any hassle or jive when I renew me permits and ya always have a kind word for me! That really means a lot ta me."

Flim and Flam continue to eavesdrop outside the window and the unicorn twins are shocked at what they hear.

"So, Mojo's out of stock, I find that quite a shock!" Flim sang in a low voice.

"We can upstage that hippie, sell our wares and shout YIPPIE!" Flam bellowed in a loud enough voice to be heard before Flim wrestles him down to the ground.

"Shhhhhh! We don't want Mojo or the Mayor to hear us," Flim whispered. "You know how Earth ponies can be."

"Huh? What have you got against Earth ponies? Their bits are as good as anyone elses."

"True, but we unicorns are superior, Earth ponies are inferior, and besides, I hear the Mayor dyes her mane."

It always warmed her heart when a Ponyville citizen struck gold in another city. Ponies across the nation benefited from the arts and from the work of the average citizen in Ponyville, and in effect Ponyville was becoming one of the most important cities in Equestria. She knew so many citizens that were making a name for themselves, even outside the obvious choices, that it became a running theme. Of course there were so many ponies who tried and failed but she knew that with a little more effort anypony could succeed, and the evidence was there in front of her. She smiled as he recounted his success and when it was done she started making some more tea.

"That is wonderful to hear, Mojo. How well is business doing now? To think you used to have trouble selling in town. Now you're breaking your own records on every trip to cities you had never been to before. Talk about success! How are your parents? It has been a while since I've seen them. Do they still have that multi-storey or did they move somewhere else on the Lakes?" She asked as she finished making the tea, getting back to her seat as Mojo finished his compliments. She chuckled.

"Well Mojo, I do try and keep on everypony's good side but I am always very happy to count you as one of my friends. And you're a friend who gives gifts, so it works out even better for me!"

As Flim and Flam continued to eavesdrop from outside the window, Mojo sipped tea and chatted with Mayor Mare.

"Business is positively smashing, Mayor! I've always turned a good trade here in Ponyville. Ponies seem ta like all me wares. Lava lamps, shag rugs, pop art, things like that. Me mum and dad are doin' well, glad ya getta see'm in town. Yeah, they still have that split level pad, been a good ol' homestead for'm. They're still growin' the all natural foods on the farm that I sell from me wagon."

When the Mayor mentioned their friendship, Mojo's grin became even wider.

"And let me just say, yur one groovy politician, Mayor! I never get any bad vibes when I come in ta visit ya. So, how are things goin' with you? Ponyville still runnin' smooth like clockwork?"

Meanwhile, Flim and Flam whisper to each other outside.

"Why is that stallion trying to be so nice?" Flim asked.

"Must have an ulterior motive," added Flam.

"But he did say he was, successful."

"Maybe we should visit his wagon now."

"While he's busy talking to the Mayor! Brilliant!"

"Finders keepers, losers lose out," Flam snickered as the two unicorn brothers slowly moved away from the window and walked down the street.

The fact that she was a 'groovy' politician struck the mayor as a bit wild. She knew the rhythm and blues and loved the old rock and roll, but soul and disco were a bit beyond her. Still, it was a sweet compliment from a stallion full of it and them. t was also nice to hear that his parents were doing well, old friends and family were a link to the past and the sort of connection that definitely faded with time. even better was to hear that they still had their cozy little place! It was the little things in life that told the important story, even if for Mojo those things were lava lamps and other knick knacks. Some didn't consider those things important and, well, in the grand scheme of things they weren't. But the grand scheme was made up of smaller ones and it was important to Mojo, and therefore important to her.

"Well, that's good to hear that everything is going well. I do appreciate your gifts- I wish more citizens would shower me with half as much kindness as you do, my dear!" She laughed, finishing the tea and checking the time. Indeed, her slate had been cleared free of any and all business at least for a while. Now would be the perfect time for a nap. Perfect.

"Ponyville is doing just fine, Mojo. Things go so well here that often times I don't feel as though I am needed, which is a bittersweet feeling. But sometimes problems do crop up. Last night and this morning I ran around town trying to solve an emergency for the shelter and ended up not getting a moment's sleep. I feel like I could fall like a sack of potatoes any moment now, and my schedule is clear for a nap...which I will take. It's been a pleasure, Mojo. If you ever need anything, anyhung at all, come see me. But for now, I rest," She said, offering the door to her friend.

Mojo smiled as the Paint stallion got up from his chair.

"It's cool, Mayor Mare, I can did it! Ya need yur shuteye. I gotta be movin' along meself. Wanna get back to me folks' farm before nightfall. Besides that, I gotta take care of me new pal, Funky. Funky's me new pet dog I got while I was at Las Pegasus. Poor dog was lost in the woods outside of town, abandoned by her master, so I took her in, cared for her and she's been with me ever since. She's a marvy watchdog.."

Mojo stopped talking when he heard loud barking outside that was getting louder and louder. Walking through the door and then through the lobby, the hippie brony soon saw the source of the barking. Funky was chasing the galloping terrified Flim Flam brothers up and down the streets of Ponyville.

"STAY AWAY, YOU CUR!" Flim yelled as he passed by.

"WE REALLY UPSET HER!" added Flam as he galloped behind his brother as Funky pursued them.

"Looks like me wagon had some unexpected visitors. Totally not cool. Oh well. Pleasure as always ta visit ya, Mayor, catch ya on the flipside, chow!"

Mojo waved to the Mayor as he walked away, the sounds of barking and the screaming Flim Flam brothers in the distance.

(exit Mojo, Flim, Flam.... and Funky)

• 1 year later...

jCrcZ1Ml.jpg

The top of a sunhat peeked out from behind the frame of the mayor's door. Soon it was followed by a pair of off-white ears and a pair of bright blue eyes followed, "Am I up now? Woohoo!" chirped a delighted looking mare who walked in with a bounce in her step. Presteza was very excited to meet the mayor, she'd had a very important idea she wanted to run by her... and also get permission to do. The ecstatic young heiress had in fact been planning to build a workshop in town where she could practice all her crafts; she'd been practicing learning to sculpt, chisel, carve, sketch, was even thinking about learning to act or direct sometime. There was no dream too big for this artist with a fire in her heart!

The mare then strolled in with an energetic saunter before sitting down before the mayor's desk and taking off her hat, levitating the accessory to a hat-rack by the entrance."G'morning, Mayor!" The unicorn said in a peppy tone before extending her hoof for a shake, "I'm Presteza, From Trottingham and I was wondering if I might get permission ta have an art workshop built in your town... I'm willing to compromise and have it put in any place you advice... so long as it isn't near a garbage dump. Hay, I'd be fine settin' it up at the border o' Everfree!" The painter's eyes were practically sparkling in anticipation as she awaited the Mayor's response.

It was quite the sight to see, a small, unimposing cart full of....well what appeared to be rocks, rolling in on the clean streets of Ponyville. Everypony was inevitably going to stare, at least for a moment or two, but it didn't seem to matter to the young stallion pulling the cart. Not quite an adolescent anymore, but certainly not a fully grown adult, Brawny Boulder was trotting down the road at a casual pace, seeing as he had all the time in Equestria to get to where he was going. He inclined his head politely to each and everypony that he met, of course ducking his head especially low to the fillies to hide his blush, although it couldn't be seen through the dirt and dust that covered his pelt and mane anyway. He stopped only a moment in the town square, to readjust the sturdy brown vest on his shoulders, and then he continued onward, looking about at each sign he saw to follow the directions he had been given.

"Let's see now...ma' said to go to the center of ponyville square...past the big tree," he looked up at it in confirmation, then stopped his cart to look about some more, "Then to the left should be a blue store for good um...something." He noticed the store, then looked just past it and smiled. "Ah, there it is: town hall. Wow, much bigger than the one back home in Bareback Gulch, I hope that doesn't mean I have to pay my two bits to get in." He checked his bag of bits for a moment, noting how little he had for the trip back home. He hoped this whole business affair went through without a hitch, and wondered for the umpteenth time why the other miners had chosen him to make the trip all the way to big city Ponyville.

The Mayor hardly had a moment to think as Flim and Flam left once again before another supplicant for her aid came in. She liked it that way- tired or not, barely awake internally as she was, the Mayor was here to serve the ponies of her beloved town. She would work herself into the throes of unconsciousness before she gave anypony less than her entire force of personality and capability. This was a new pony, somepony who she could help move to town and get settled. It was always a great thing to welcome somepony to her town but for all that jpy there was an acclimation process, a normalizing process, and some paperwork that needed to be done. A very small price to pay and one she was more than glad to, the Mayor allowed Presteza to detail her plans.

The Mayor knew who she was. She had met one of the city's premiere citizens and even painted her, something that had caused a little fuss. Talented and sweet from what the Mayor had been told, she seemed rather excitable. It was delightful. To the Mayor's expertly concealed dissapointment, Presteza was not moving to Ponyville. Rather she sought to create a business in the town. Well, that was something of a let down and it didn't make much sense from where the Mayor stood. Running a business from such a distance, especially a small one, was outrageously difficult. It was a terribly unwise decision. Nonetheless, the decision was made and the Mayor would honor it, even if her natural movements towards settling were bound to get in the way.

For now, she needed to know more. “I know about you Presteza- your painting of Applejack was rather fetching. I am glad you have decided to open up shop here in Ponyville, but if you don't mind me asking, wouldn't it be easier to operate the business if you lived significantly closer?” The Mayor let her lidded eyes and pregnant pause tell the story. She sat back down across from Presteza, nodding to something only she understood. “Well, we will have plenty of options for you, no doubt. But before I can offer anything I need to know about this business. Pitch it to me, Pressy,” The Mayor said slowly, taking a sip of her somehow still warm coffee with her eyes still locked on.

Meanwhile, another visitor to the Town Hall was greeted with a cup of coffee as the Mayor met with Presteza.

ooc):  Glad to see this RP's up and going again!  

BPm4sEym.jpg

Flying in the skies above Ponyville is an older looking griffon.  He is Andronamous Griffon, called 'Andy' by most of his friends, a retired peace officer from Talonipolis who was planning to drop in (literally) on an old friend.

"Boy howdy!  Ol' Ponyville sure has changed a lot since the last time I was here," the birdtiger said outloud.  "Course, that was a long time ago.  I remember it well.  Chased a fugitive griffon who tried ta hide out in town, but that guy stuck out like a sore thumb among all the pony folk.  Before I flew back home with'm, I got the chance ta meet the Mayor of the town.  Quite a purty young mare she was, for a pony, that is.  Wonder if she's still the Mayor of Ponyville after all this time.  Reckon there's only one way ta find out!"

Gently descending towards the ground, Andy Griffon walked over to the Mayor's office and quietly entered in.  When he saw several pictures of Mayor Mare on the wall, the hat wearing griffon smiled.

"She must still be the Mayor alright, wonder if she'll remember me after the passage of time?"

Andy happily accepted a cup of coffee and took a seat, glancing over at another 'visitor' to the office, hoping to strike up a conversation.

"Howdy!  My name's Andronamous Griffon, folks call me Andy, pleased ta meetcha!"

Archived