It belongs in a museum! [PM For Invite]

Snowshoe

Pull the cart? Pyper frowned at the thought of such a thing. It was only fair, she supposed, but her build was not for pulling heavy carts. The group started to move out and Pyper spread her wings to gently float above the group while she strummed her lyre and sang.

[colour=#dda0dd]"With heads held high departed the group[/colour]

[colour=#dda0dd]And such a motley crew they appeared to be[/colour]

[colour=#dda0dd]The city stallion, to keep them on route[/colour]

[colour=#dda0dd]Following for gain were three.[/colour]

[colour=#dda0dd]First, a unicorn, the colour of rock[/colour]

[colour=#dda0dd]Surely her magic was mighty[/colour]

[colour=#dda0dd]But when she spoke, there were no jokes[/colour]

[colour=#dda0dd]Though quick to the wit as any.[/colour]

[colour=#dda0dd]Secondly came the steel[/colour]

[colour=#dda0dd]A griffon, quite dashing in green[/colour]

[colour=#dda0dd]Though charming now, I must say[/colour]

[colour=#dda0dd]I'm sure her enemies run away.[/colour]

[colour=#dda0dd]Floating above with her lyre[/colour]

[colour=#dda0dd]The third, a winged mare[/colour]

[colour=#dda0dd]Truly a one-pony choir[/colour]

[colour=#dda0dd]Seemed to have no place there[/colour]

[colour=#dda0dd]Though her songs shall inspire.[/colour]

[colour=#dda0dd]Lead them on stallion, only you know the way[/colour]

[colour=#dda0dd]Their talents are yours, for the following days[/colour]

[colour=#dda0dd]Bring them to adventure and treasure[/colour]

[colour=#dda0dd]Though danger of any measure[/colour]

[colour=#dda0dd]And occasionally a mouthful of hay."[/colour]

[Just want to drop a note: I still remember this. However, I've never hosted an RP before so my posts from here on out are going to be a tad slow while I actually plan what's going to happen.]

• 4 weeks later...

[i am so, so, so sorry, guys. I just got employed recently, and between a major writer's block, a lack of planning for this RP, and that new job, I've had difficulty getting any inspiration for anything and posting. If you guys are still interested (that goes for our lurkers, waiting to be called in) I promise I will try and post as soon as I can.]

For a long few hours the group walked along, hooves clip-clopping along the rough path through the forest. The beginning of the journey was rather uneventful, filled with idle chatter, the occasional song, and a few shift changes on the cart as the day wore on. The sun was starting its trek down the western sky when they finally broke through the woods and the group found themselves at the foothills of a mountain.

Curio, back on cart-duty (though he would be switching off soon), looked up at the winding trail and let out a low whistle. The stoney trail arced up a ways and eventually curved around the mountainside. The village they were seeking was on the other side of that mountain, though still a ways off. If they wanted to get to it, they'd have to get around this mountain.

"We've got two choices," he announced, unhooking himself from the cart for a moment and turning to address his companions. "Well, a few more than that. Choice number one, we press on from here, up the trail," he pointed a hoof behind him. It would be the fastest way, but a little on the treacherous side, and he had no idea what awaited them around the far curve of the trail. "Or, we can find a way around the mountain." That way would be a little safer, but a lot slower than going on the trail, and Curio didn't even know if there was an easier way around it.

"As for the other choices, we gotta decide if we're going over now, or set up camp here. There may be some better shelter up on the trail, but it's all up to you folks," he said, looking around with a grin. "So, what'll it be?" He was a fan of pressing on and gaining as much ground as possible in as short a time, but he didn't want to force anypony to join him on a trail hike over a mountain. They still had a few hours of daylight left, which may be enough to cross.

Pyper Uscroll attached her lyre to her saddlebags, ready to take her turn pulling the cart. She listened closely to Curio's choices then said, [colour=#dda0dd]"I think, for the sake of time, it would be best for us to press onward up the trail."[/colour] The pegasus looked to the other party members, wondering what they would say. Pyper knew that she would have no problem making camp anywhere, she lived in the outdoors and had no issue finding a place to rest for the night. But what of the others? What kind of lifestyle were they used to, and what would their preferences be?

Looking to the mountains, Pyper had an eager feeling in her gut, the one that preceded new places and adventure.

• 1 month later...

((ooc: oh wow.... I was just looking through some old threads and I saw this. Somehow I completely missed that Sturmmann had posted to it again, I think because I wasn't expecting Makuzui to post again. I apologize for making everyone wait so very long. :blush: ))

[colour=#000000]The journey had soon begun in earnest. The band passed the time with idle chatter and the songs of the bard. Neither really struck too much of a chord with Arcana. Apparently she was humorless--how very not true! She saw the humor in many things. Also, colour of a rock? Apparently this pony spent a lot of time amongst pink rocks. Those sticking points aside, the start of the trek was not so annoying as the mare might have anticipated. It was actually quite surprisingly how smoothly it all went. They were making quite excellent time when they came upon their first point of debate.[/colour]

"We've got two choices--Well, a few more than that. Choice number one, we press on from here, up the trail. Or, we can find a way around the mountain. As for the other choices, we gotta decide if we're going over now, or set up camp here. There may be some better shelter up on the trail, but it's all up to you folks. So, what'll it be?"

[colour=#000000]Curio presented the question at hoof. A steep and treacherous mountain trail or a safer, more convoluted route around? Additionally, should they rest now where they know the conditions are favorable for setting up camp or take their chances that another conducive site might present itself along whatever trail they take. Arcana nodded, these definitely were the kinds of questions that needed to be asked. For her time, the first question was the simpler to answer. They were a small group and had with them a dependable, strong bodied flier. Perhaps on the way back if they had much to carry with them, a path around the mountain would make more sense, but here and now the trail had more benefits. Arcana was less sure about the second question, however. Should they camp now or later? The group still seemed to have energy and could probably proceed several more lengths... but what if there were no suitable locations on the mountain? Finding themselves exhausted with no safe place to camp could be devastating. Was the risk worth the time? She looked toward the others.[/colour]

[colour=#DDA0DD]"I think, for the sake of time, it would be best for us to press onward up the trail."[/colour]

[colour=#000000]The bard was first to respond, suggesting the group press ahead down the trail. The boldest choice for sure, but the quickness she arrived at it spoke to a rash nature. This was a decision they'd have to consider thoroughly to make sure they chose the most prudent option.[/colour]

[colour=#333333]"I concur that we should follow the mountain trail. We're a small group with little to carry, and with the security afforded us by Zelda's wings, the risk should be slight--much too slight to warrant the time the path around the mountain would consume," [/colour][colour=#000000]Arcana rationalized, nodding her head.[/colour]

[colour=#333333]"On the question of when to camp however, I'm less certain. We don't know what is on that mountain and how secure it will ultimately be, and yet all of us seem fit to venture further for the moment,"[/colour] [colour=#000000]Arcana continued to convey her thoughts on the matter. [/colour] [colour=#000000]"It's certainly a risk, but the question is, is it one worth taking?"[/colour]

The griffon patiently listened to the conversation that was going on before her. When it was her turn to speak, she just shrugged her shoulders, “I’m up for the mountain pass, and I say we should keep going! Someone else should take the cart and I can keep to the sky to watch out for any potential dangers and such.”, she flexed her wings as she spoke, “And if there were any sort of bandits about, they’d probably be laying low near the flat-land trail. And speaking of that, if we do run into any dangers, how are you little ponies in a fight? I’m guessing Miss Arcane here could probably do some impressive magics to scare away any attackers, but what about you?”, the griffoness glanced down at Pyper Uscroll. She knew from experience that Curio, while not much of a fighter, was pretty handy with his words and could easily talk his way through a bunch of rock-headed bandits, but she preferred to know all of her options.

Zelda had given up the cart, for good reason too.[colour=#ee82ee] "I'm not much of a fighter."[/colour] Pyper admitted as the others helped secure the wagon to her frame. She looked quite delicate, strapped to the wagon as she was, with her lean runners muscles and tall willowy build. [colour=#ee82ee]"But I think,"[/colour] Pyper said as she began to pull the cart with a little effort, [colour=#ee82ee]"that I can be counted on when there is need."[/colour] The lavender pegasus looked to Arcana, thinking on her words. The security of Zelda's wings... it was true that the griffin would be far more suited for a fight than she would be, but Pyper didn't want to be the only one of the party without anything to contribute, for that would make her a burden. [colour=#ee82ee]"If I may say something to make the party feel better... When the time comes to make camp, I can scout the area. I may not fight much, but I'm a fast and quiet flyer, and I can fly for days without stopping if I have to." [/colour]