-Neo Adventures-

neo

[colour=#282828]

Heres what i have so far...

Once upon a time a young filly named Neo lived happily with his royal parents and siblings. He had an older Alicorn brother (insert name here) and younger Pegasus sister (name). Born with a horn and had an addiction to books, He had always dreamed of becoming like his father and mother. But One day when he was out playing with his sister Disaster struck. The kingdom was attacked and destroyed by the Changelings. His parents told his brother and sister to fly off and Neo was to run off into the forest as far as he could, and to not look back. Before he left his mother gave him an enchanted book which wrote about a significant part in the characters life. The character was Neo. Off he ran into the forest never looking back, Never stopped running. He was lost in the everfree forest until he stumbled upon a town called ponyville. Struggling to stay alive he starts stealing… Unfinished…

what do you think so far (repost from the wrong section) :blush:[/colour]

I have acualy ben thinking about this for like months but i never could think of details good enough to fit the description

P.S. am I aloud to add some of the original 6 ponys???

I have acualy ben thinking about this for like months but i never could think of details good enough to fit the description

P.S. am I aloud to add some of the original 6 ponys???

I totally get you, because I tend to write like that too. What helps me is making a time line with the basic bullet points of what I want to cover. From there I can add details and figure out chapter breaks. I then look at characters I want to write and do a short analysis of their character traits. IE: Kind of like an RP character application here on this site. This helps me develop characters and situations that my reader can relate to.

Another thing to think about is your writing style. There are loads of great ways to tell a story! First person, second person, third person, parallel editing two stories into one, flashbacks, the list goes on and on. My advice for finding a style is to go with what you like. What styles have you read that you enjoy reading or feel comfortable reading, and what styles do you not like. Here's a personal example: I love historical fiction, specifically books about the Tudor Dynasty or early Renaissance. The most popular author for that time period is Phillippa Gregory, but I much prefer Jean Kalogredus. I feel that Jean can describe emotional and even taboo situations far better than Phillippa can, and discovered that just by reading their books and making an opinion of their works. I draw some inspiration for the tone of my current historical drama fic in progress from Jean's writing style.

As for using the mane 6, totally up to you. My advice, decide for yourself if having them there will advance your story or not. What part do you feel they can play, and why would you want them there? Is Pinkie Pie going to add humor, say something of a plot device, confuse the heck out of the reader, just sit there and eat something, etc?

Think of this writing experience as trying a new baking recipe. Figure out your basics and work in the extras in as needed, garnishing with details. Have fun!

By the way, I hope this all is helpful! :)

• 2 weeks later...

I acualy just finished about 3 pages of a comic that i made at school and i might start to translate them to words. If i could show you the comics I could...