silversigil

Roleplay Type: World of Equestria

Name: Riff

Sex: Male

Species: Pegasus

Eye colour: Brown

Coat: Orange

Mane/Tail: Brown, Medium length mane tail, unkempt

Physique: Somewhat shorter than the average for his age.

Residence: Currently on tour, lives in hotels, originally lived with parents in Las Pegasus.

Cutie Mark: Bass guitar

History: Originally performing funk and R&B in Las Pegasus for a living, he was born to a couple who owned a small hotel business. He spent most of his life outside of school helping with the business or exploring the many attractions of Las Pegasus with friends. He met the other members of his band, Colt Corral, at a music audition and since then has played for them. He is currently on tour and is experiencing many qualities of the outside world for the first time.

Cutie Mark Story: Rift had decided to join a musical class. Many of his friends had joined the band classes and seemed to be having fun. After trying the majority of the instruments with little success in brass, woodwind, or even percussion the teacher felt that the class might not be cut-out for him. But after being given the puppy-dog eyes; a talent he is still quite apt at, she decided to put him in chorus. To most of his students this seemed like a bad idea. Rift had one of the worst high pitched, squeaky voices known to most ponies and still does. This along with his tendency to use more than an excess amount of volume in conversation made for a large amount of doubt from the other students. After trying to sing as an alto, soprano, and everything higher and in between there didn’t seem to be anywhere he fit. At one of the practices his sheet music was accidently mixed up with one of the bass tenors, and not knowing any better, he began to sing. When he started to sing it just seem to come naturally to him. The deep bass melody just flowed through him. And this is how he both got his Cutie Mark and learned that for some odd reason he could sing in an incredibly deep voice.

Character Summary: Rift is highly outspoken, by this I don’t mean he shares his opinions with everyone, he just doesn’t know how to control his volume or stop talking. He tends to be energetic and speaks before he thinks; this has gotten him into trouble a considerable amount of times. He sings in a surprisingly deep voice for his age and size but when he talks his voice is obnoxiously high-pitched.

In his free time he is usually found at his hotel room playing with toys that he brings on the road. To avoid being seen by anypony while doing this he keeps the door lock almost always. When he does go out, he will be found either at a night club or bar since, aside from his first job, his parents would never allow him anywhere near a bar. While he occasionally drinks, he more just enjoys being there for the fact that he finally can. Of all, his favorite activity at these places would be the dancing. He loves dancing almost to that of a religious practice and has become quite good at many styles. When spending time with his band-mates he often, with the help of other band members, cooks up ways to mess with the other members. When talking to other ponies he is very forward and will approach almost anyone on a whim; be it a fashion model, a captain of the guard, or even one of the princesses, he can walk up to anypony strike up a conversation.

Hiya! You've got a good start to this character! The application looks a little sparse -- perhaps you could expand on his personality a bit more? What else does he like to do besides musical stuff? If you can flesh out your information a little more, I think this will be ready for approval! I recommend you try to expand on what he would be like to meet in the roleplay itself, as that is what most players will read when they look at this application.

If you need any additional suggestions on what would be good to include or expand on, just ask in this thread, and our team will be ready to help you! Thank you muchly!

Hi there.

:)

A few very small things draw my concern with the app. One is the name. I'm not sure I quite see how it fits the character. It supposed to be something about his loudness causing rifts or something? Just explain it to me a little as I'm currently not sure on it.

Other than that, I notice you mention him frequenting bars and clubs and drinking--presumably alcohol--at these places. This is generally fine so long as issues like alcoholism are avoided, but considering this character is indicated to not be a stallion yet, I'm not sure it's something we'd be comfortable with as it suggests underage drinking. I would suggest either removing this part or changing the character's age to stallion (even indicating young stallion would probably be fine).

Hello, to add to what Phil is mentioning about bars, clubs are fine since there are teen clubs in real life, but bars not really.

As for your name, Rift by definition means a split, either a physical one or a personal one. An easy fix is change it to Riff, as in a guitar riff. Just a suggestion for an easy name fix.