Crazy Second Life Pony Shenanigans

deleteaccountpls

Lately I've been getting on Second Life a lot, and among some of the places I hang out are pony sims. These are basically worlds in Second Life based on locales from My Little Pony where users hang around in Pony avatars and such. Most of the time hanging around pony sims is just general chatter and stuff, but every so often, things get really really silly. A good example would be this.

Okay, so perhaps a bit of explanation is required as to just what the hay is going on here, especially seeing as how all the madness you see in this video is pretty much my fault (I'm the emerald green pony in the Assassin's Creed getup). Basically, in Second Life, there are things called bumpers, which is an animation and/or sound that will play one another person's avatar bumps into yours. The particular bumper that I had on at this time was one that makes my pony avatar go all slappyhooves on whenever he is bumped into. So on this particular occasion I was in the company of some rather silly ponies who commented on how my bumper was a bit weird because the sound effect that went with it sounded slightly suggestive, as if the slapping noise were something else. As it happened, however, a few of them also had this gesture and equipped it, and began going around bumping into and slapping at each other. Eventually, some others who had the bumper joined in, and those who didn't have it were given it and also joined in. From there, the chaotic scene you see unfolding in this video occurred, where, for some reason, someone with a bumper spouting out German gibberish is also prancing about. I was in stitches the whole time. Silly moments like these is what makes hanging out in pony sims on Second Life so fun.

• Like 1

Back when SL's pony areas were just getting started, there was a group of us from Canterlot that all played. I even started a Canterlot group, but it's inactive now. Manestream and Aria/Artax are SL veterans, and I know Mane used to own property in some Furry sims. I logged in tonight and got totally lost, because the sims have changed so much since I last played...

• 3 weeks later...