Colt of Darkness (Open)

Upon being touched, Moonstone shifted into defence mode. He let out a wave of energy, pushing everything away from him, including the stallion. He jerked up to his hooves, his horn ablaze with magical aura. His teeth clenched, he sent a magical cage towards the stallion, trapping him.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Out of Light's generosity he found himself in a cage.

The only thing he said was, "Whoa."

He glanced at the colt and sighed. He was quite worried now. He looked at the colt and said, "I'm not going to hurt you! I'm friendly! Please.". He smiled a friendly smile at the colt.

The pictures stopped. The pictures, the memories that werent his, of war, pain, and fear were gone. It was a visible change, his body relaxed, and he seemed to kind of... Drop into himself. He looked at the pony he had trapped, then the cage disappeared, its energy bars dissapating. Moonstone still was wary of the stallion, but he seemed to be more willing to accept him. "I... I'm Moonstone, me." He said, eyeing the stallion suspiciously.

Light watched to colt carefully. He fell to the ground slightly when the cage disappeared. Light examined the colt carefully. What's a colt doing in the Everfree forest?' he thought to himself.

He picked himself up and trotted closer to the colt. The colt told him his name was Moonstone. Light smiled at him and said, "Nice to meet you Moonstone." he smiled a warm smile at him. "My name is Light Harmony. But I just go by Light.".

He looked down at the colt. He seemed different than when he trapped him in that cage. Which was weird..Light couldn't do that spell. But then again Light was horrible at magic. But he never expected a colt to be able to do spells like that.

"So, you're really a pony, you? Like me?" Moonstone asked. He began circling around Light, observing him from every angle. Though Moonstone was pretty sure the pony was harmless, he kept his magic prepped. Not quite ready to cast, but prepared to drop the energy into another defensive wave.

Light heard the curious colt ask if he was a pony. Light wanted to chuckle a bit but he didn't. He watched Moonstone circle him. "Yes I am a pony. Well I'm a stallion since I am male but yes I am a pony. Like you.". He smiled at Moonstone who seemed to have his magic ready. Light became nervous just a bit but tried not to show it.

Lightning hovered above, watching the scene play under her with a look of complete confusion on her face.

Why would anypony go into the forest! They're crazy!...So am i

She stared to slowly fly down, then she saw a cage erect itself around the other pony, the one she couldn't identify, but defiantly was familiar.

Then she saw him, the pony who she assumed was responsible for the cage.

She landed as quickly as she could, russling a few leaves, but nothing she thought that was too loud. Sneaking, she glanced around the tree and saw a very, unique scene.

An Alicorn, and a small colt. The colt seemed to be circling the Alicorn..

That..makes no sense...Where is the cage i saw? Unless...W-what if that colt was the pony i saw? And now, he's got the Alicorn..Light!, that's his name...Idiot Lightining, how could you...wait, focus...What if that colt's controlling him?? Yes! That has to be it, well Light...I'm gunna free you from it's control.

Lightning looked at the distance between himself, the colt and the stallion....It wasn't too far.

Lightning closed her eyes, opening them looknig straight at the colt, who had his back to her.

She took several steps, before leaping out from behind the tree, managed to make a very loud racket in the process.

Her wings flared out as she tried to get to the colt Before they did something to her

(Sorry for seeming absent. I needed to good time to do an intro. And when i say good, i mean very bad for the characters)

"And all those creatures... They were ponies too, them?" Moonstone asked, looking at Light's wings. He lifted the wings, examining them. Years of solitude left Moonstone with out any real sense of personal space.

Light's face lit up when he saw Lightning jump from behind the tree. It nearly scared him to death. He wasn't expecting her to be so close.

Light was about to answer Moonstone's question before she jumped out.

Light stumbled to the ground. He waited to see if Moonstone would react. He didn't want either of the ponies to get hurt.

Hearing the loud noise, Moonstone reflexively charged and released a defensive wave spell, sending all the ponies flying outward from him. Since he charged it in such a short time, it was not as powerful as it could have been, and the two ponies ended up landing only a dozen feet or so from Moonstone.

Lightning saw the colt had a horn, and it was glowing. Meaning one thing, spells.

She was in mid-air when the wave hit her, making her fly back and crash into the tree she had come out from originally. The blow nearly taking her out, she made a failed attempt to stand, her legs slowly working to hold her up. She eventually managed to stand, leaning on the tree as she felt hte back on her head pounding.

Light felt the push of the spell send him flying back.

He impacted on a tree and let out an audible Ah! Sound as he hit it. It really did kind of hurt him. He didn't want to get up so he just laid there on the ground groaning.

He moved his hooves around slowly to make sure he still could. It hurt to move his right hoof but he paid no attention to it. He laid on the ground and said very quietly and strained, "And this is why I stay away from this forest." he groaned again. He had to get up eventually.

Moonstone, still not completely comfortable with the concept of other ponies, took a defensive stance towards the both or them. His horn was glowing brilliantly, charged to deliver any spell the next attack might deem necessary.

Lightning looked up at the colt, and saw his horn was glowing. While he was young, she didn't really want to go agaist him alone. Instead, she slowly made her way to Light, nearly falling over several times. Eventually, she reached him, and, seeing him lying down, dropped herself.

"L-light? Y-you..ok?"

Her voice was strained, mostly because she was still in pain from her encounter with the tree

Watching the ponies, seeing that they were too injured to fight, he let his horn dim. Moonstone was confused. Were these two working together? Was it a trap all along? Maybe the images were right... Maybe ponies should be avoided... Moonstone took a step back, watching the two. Then he turned and galloped into the forest, disappearing quickly into the darkness.

Light looked up at Lightning and panted a bit. He had no idea why he was panting. He figured it was because of the mixture of adrenaline and pain. But Lightning asked him if he was ok. He looked up at her and said, "Yeah..yeah I'm..alright.". He stood up and put weight down on his right hoof and he caved a bit. He let out a groan and said, "Dont hurt that colt. He's not an enemy. I don't know what he is.". Light stodd himself up. He looked at Lightning and said, "Where did you come from anyways?". Light then stated to scan the forest. Moonstone was gone. Light couldn't believe he was gone.

"Not an Enemy? Are you kidding?"

Lightning slowly stood up, her body slowly recovering.

"H-he trapped you..in a cage! And...did that! Attacked us....H-how..Why should we..take him..in?! And..I was flying around...Sue me if you don't like it"

She glaned in the direction the colt had run, and started to take that route, limping slightly, determined.

She tilted her head back at Light "Come on! You're not going to let that..colt get away, are you!?"

Moonstone turned, looking behind him. Backlit by the light of the tunnel, he saw the mare coming towards him. "Not done with the hunt, huh? Two can play at that, them." He stopped, levitated himself into a tree, and waited, a distortion spell hiding him from view.

Light slowly got up looked at Lightning and said, "Look I don't want to fight you. I'm sorry.."

Light took a deep breath. He glanced over in where Moonstone took off. "He's not an enemy. He's just scared. When I found him he was crying. I guess he thought I was an enemy. That's why I was in a cage for a bit."

Light trotted slowly after Lightning. He was limping and trying to keep weight off his right hoof. He nodded at Lightning.

Lightning nodded, heading further in. Both ponies limping slightly.

Both unaware about the actually location of Moonstone.

"Look..I want answers..A-and...he's going to pay for..that spell...You know how much it hurts to be thrown into a tree?! I'm not built to be thrown around like a doll"

Continuing down the path, they pass the tree with Moon in it.

Light smiled at Lightning and said, "Trust me. I'm not one to take a liking to be thrown into trees either. But we must be calm to him."

Light trotted in front of Lightning and put a hoof on her shoulder to stop her. He looked at her in her eyes and said, "Look...he's somewhat..good with magic. It's weird. He's just a copy! I don't understand.."

Light held his head and let out a little groan. His head started pounding. The pain went away but he remembered when he had the same pains before constantly. He became scared. He didn't want them to come back. But Light shook it off and looked back at Lightning.

"Wait a second...What do you mean, he's just a copy? What do you know Light? What aren't you telling me!?"

Lightning had completely stoped, now facing Light, walking slowly towards him in a manner that could be considered threateningly

Light started to back up slowly. Lightning seemed threatening. Light then stood his ground and forgot his right hoof was injured. He winced and the wince actually caused him to yell by accident. "He's a colt! His name is Moonstone! I don't..that's all I know!". He glared at her. The meanness wasn't real. It was because of the pain he was feeling. He then looked down at his hoof and then back up at Lightning. His facial expression showed compassion and sorrow.

Lightning felt the urge to push Light, she felt as if he was hiding something from her, then she saw his face, and he was glaring at her!

He knows something...I can just tell

"You said he was a copy! A copy of what! What are you...." Her rant was cut short because, she was was accusuing him, her wings had started to naturally extend themselves. What she hadn't realised is that, during her crash on the tree, she'd managed in injure her wings.

Her groan of pain also followed with her placing too much pressure on her injured leg, having it buckle under her. Basically nearly dropping her onto the ground.

Light trotted over to her and said with compassion in his voice, "Look I'm not lying to you. I don't know anything. All I know is he's a colt and he's..just not used to other ponies."

Light then watched as she buckled onto the ground. Light stared at her wings and said, "You're injured.". He then put his left hoof on his chin. He sadly did not know any healing spells. He compassionately looked at Lightning and said, "Please Lightning. I'm not lying and you're hurt.". Light smiled a warm smile at her. He wanted to find Moonstone again.