Is an OC allowed to use the same name as an OC whose owner is inactive?

Valianca

Hi. I'm creating my first OC for Canterlot, specifically the World of Equestria part of the forum. I was planning to call the OC Mirage, however I have discovered that there is one with the same name (http://www.canterlot...age__hl__mirage), owned by Neoniie (http://www.canterlot...r/1349-neoniie/). However, Neoniie was last active in May, with her last post being on the 28th May 2012. According to her profile feed, her computer was going in for repairs in that month, but she hasn't posted since. Considering this long period of inactivity, would I be allowed to use this name, or would I have to make my OC with a different name? I've looked in the Rules and whilst it did say about cast character inactivity, I couldn't find anything about OC inactivity.

Cheers, Spur

Whether an OC character is active or inactive, you cannot create a character with the same name. The character is still theirs. That is why if you think you are creating a character whose name might be used, it's best to run a search just to be sure.

Hi! We do not allow characters to share same names in WoE, regardless of activity, as that can be very confusing. My suggestion is expand on the name to make it uniquely yours. Examples: Mirage Shimmer, Sandy Mirage, Mirage Oasis, etc.

Besides, you never know if Neoniie could come back in the future. It happens! :)

Yeah, I see your point. It would be kind of awkward. I remember I had a character in a forum I was RPing, then I took a holiday I forgot to announce, next thing I know my character was taken over because he was central to the plot and he was completely screwed up! I think it was a Halo RP or something, can't remember but I was so peeved off.