The story of Time; part 1: A question unanswered (Open!)

NeoExlucky

Mask chuckled "you don't have to sneak the muffins you know." He said to her "anyway I was on the streets again and had nowhere to go. i was growing weak and was considering returning to the hive. But then one day I heard Aria scream for help. When I found her she was being cornered by two changelings. I slowly walked up behind them and placed a hoof on one of their shoulders when he turned around I hit him so hard his horn broke off. The other was surprised to see me attack his companion, but quickly jumped me. We grappled until he was on top of me. When he was positive that I wasn't getting up he climbed off me and continued to advance on Aria. Then suddenly a spirit spoke to me. 'do you still love her?' it asked me 'yes' I replied to the spirit. 'Would you give your identity for her.' 'yes' 'then fight.' the spirit said and my blade, the Impostor, was in front of me. I stood and lifted the blade and swung it at the changeling and defeated him. but instead of falling to the ground he disintegrated into... nothing. I turned to the other one with the broken horn and told him 'If I find another Changeling in ponyville I will not hesitate to destroy him. Understand? Now leave and tell the others about me and what I have done.' I told him. when he was gone exhaustion had bested me my sword vanished and I fainted. When I woke up I was here with Aria at my side." Mask said concluding his story.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(And suddenly Time Spinner.)

Darkness had encircled Time. He was no longer himself, and he felt different somehow. He felt some type of strength and he fell. He continued to fall until he ended up in some random house and fell to the ground with an oof. He got up and was surrounded by the mailmare and the changeling. For some reason the house smelled like baked goods. [colour=#696969]"What did you do?" [/colour][colour=#000000]He said pushing the changeling to the wall and making his sword appear so he could hold it to the changeling's throat. [/colour]

[colour=#000000](Also Flink if you want to join you can just app in here: [/colour]

)

"I told my story. Now put me down before I call the authorities for trespassing on private property." Mask said drawing his own blade.

"Mask who is this." Aria said startled at the appearance of the new pony.

"He was with Derpy in the ally when they found out I was a changeling." Mask told her.

Derpy didn't really know what to say... such a good story full of sadness and happiness all mixed up in a jumble of words. "Wow...." Derpy let out, finishing off the last muffin "So that explains the big key thingy..." she muttered as suddenly that random stallion from earlier fell between the two ponies, instantly pinning the changeling to the wall. Derpy jumped up and pulled at the stallion to try and pull him off of her newfound friend "Stop this please! Hes a good changeling! Don't do this!" She yelled, as she kept trying to pull at him "And no sword fighting! Can't we just talk about this!?"

[colour=#000000]Time glared at the changeling for a second, then put his sword down. He charged his horn and it began to glow silver. [/colour][colour=#696969]"Your going to have some explaining to do and if you make one notion to result in the police coming then we're going to have a bit of a stop." [/colour][colour=#000000]He was ready to fire off a time spell in case something did happen. The mail mare said he was okay, and for some reason he trusted her. However he had no intention of trusting this creature and the gall of calling the police on him was outrageous. Shouldn't it be Time calling the police him?[/colour]

Everything had seemed to calm down for now... thank Celestia... Derpy slowly pulled herself away from the newly arrived stallion and sat back over on the couch, watching to see what would happen next "I'm Derpy!" She said proudly with a grin "Derpy Hooves! Resident mail mare of Ponyville!" She loved that title, it meant that she was responsible for something, all the mail on Ponyville, it gave her a sense of belonging which she didn't get to feel often.

"It's good to meet you Mr. Spinner, this is my wife Aria." Mask said to Time. "Now its up to you if you want to believe my story." then he retold his story to Time hoping that maybe he might lighten up on him.

Derpy had already heard the story and the two others seemed to be pretty calm so she took another muffin and ate it as she lay of the couch, little bite by bite she took and every now and then letting out a "hmm..." as she found a clump of chocolate chips... why was muffin eating not a job?

Compass Rose woke with a start, a little drool on the book she'd been reading. Looking around she frowned, muttering about the dream she'd had. Apparently she was supposed to use the large key she'd found, not sell it which was her first instinct. Putting the book up, seemingly more calm than she felt she gave a nod to the librarian pony and left the library.

Once outside, though, the unicorn's calm facade dropped with her running full throttle to her home and antique shop. The pony was yelling, loudly, not bothering to say excuse me if someone decided not to get out of her way. "NOT GOOD. NOT GOOD. NEED THE KEY. MOVE OUT OF THE WAY!" She barrelled past anypony who didn't move, finally deciding to use her magic to move them gently out of the way. It wasn't until she almost ran into the ornate door to "Brass COmpass" did she slow, disappearing inside to find the key her dream had centered around.

[colour=#696969]"Yes this is all fine and dandy. You may not be a threat in the sense of you being a changeling, but for one, I don't appreciate copy-cats, and two, I don't believe you ever mentioned a thing about the sword of yours. There is something else that I should say though. You and I seem to have this same aura that aria, and for that matter anypony else has...that is except for Derpy here." [/colour][colour=#000000]Time said turning towards Derpy munching on a muffin.[/colour]

"You don't think I haven't noticed that my self. I think its a Cloaking thing the blades do on their own. maybe the only time that the aura is different is if you haven't received your blade, but that's my theory." Mask told Time.

Derpy heard her name pop up while she ate and the odd stallion was looking down at her on the couch. She wasn't really listening to the previous conversation and was confused as to why she had now become the subject "Huh?... what... what did I do this time?" She asked as she sat herself up, looking around the room "I didn't black out and break something did I?" She asked as she finished off yet another muffin "Oh I so sorry..."

Compass looked around the shop, ears flat as she did so. Someone had been here before her and they had basically ransacked the place. The unicorn fought back tears as she saw quite a few of her antiques broken, thrown around. For just a moment she sat on her haunches, taking it all in. What if they had taken the key? That had to be what they were after. The unicorn sighed, she had to at least look, and then find the key if someone did take it.

Gathering her courage, Compass Rose stood and trotted to the display case. Oddly there were scratch marks, a few dents in the glass, but it had held up. She stared at the key inside, blinking in disbelief. She didn't know it could do that. Using her magic, a deep pink, she opened the glass and took the key. Like inher dream she gave it a few test swipes, marveling at how right it felt in her left hoof.

A quick look around told her the shop was safe for now, until the key glowed indigo and lightly tugged on her magic towards the door. Frowning the unicorn followed it, dreading where it would lead her. It took some time for the key to lead her, somehow to a house on a cliff. The unicorn stared at it, ears flat. "Looks haunted to m--", the last bit cut short when the key jerked her, making her use her whole body to knock at the door, a loud "OW!" escaping her.

(Just keep going Plink, eventually we will find you...somehow.)

[colour=#696969]"No you didn't break anything. I just want to know something." [/colour][colour=#000000]Time stared into Derpy's eyes. [/colour][colour=#696969]"I think you can summon swords like these."[/colour]

Derpy almost dies from laughter at the thought of her being able to 'summon a magic key-sword', managing to half choke on the muffin she was eating "Me!? Able to summon a maaaaagical sword!? Your crazy aren't you!?" She asked as she hit the floor after falling from the seat, hearing a loud bang as she did... but it wasn't the sound coming from her... was it... the door? "Hey... you two... are you expecting somepony Mask?" She asked, looking over at the door as she lay on the floor "I think somepony knocked...."

"Did you bring friends?" He asked Time, preparing his blade. "cause if not get ready to rumble. Aria you know what to do." He said and his wife nodded. mask looked out the eye glass to see another pony... with another key.

Compass Rose had finally managed to pull herself and the large key from the door. She could feel a tug on it, still towards the door. Sighing the unicorn mare attempted to pull away, very obviously having something resisting and pulling the key towards the door. She manages to take a few delibarate steps back when the key gives another jerk.

Once more the lavender pony crashes into the door, this time barely managing not to impale her horn. "OW," she tries to pull back, muttering at the key by now. "No. Bad huge key. No." Such tactics do no good, the key obviously senses something inside, Compass hoping it better be worth it.

((The key has decided Time's pocketwatch is treasure, since Compass can't control it yet. If anyone needed an explanation.))

[colour=#696969]"I fell from the roof, yes I totally brought friends to the door from the roof." [/colour][colour=#000000]He said sarcastically, bringing out his keyblade and staring at the door.[/colour]

Compass Rose gets a chance to catch her breath, her sides heaving as the key lets her put some room between her and the door. She can now hear voices inside, even seeing an eye at the door. "Compass Rose. And I want this big key to stop throwing me at doors."

"No, just me and this ke--" The last part of the word was cut off as the key made her move closer to the door. Now the unicorn was using her magic to try and control the key. Her magic was a deep pink in colour, enveloping the keyblade and her horn. "Do you know how to make this thing stop? Or even better, what it is?"