The story of Time; part 1: A question unanswered (Open!)

NeoExlucky

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Derpy pulled herself back up from the floor and looked over at the door, the changeling seemed to have it covered so she decided it was time to ask that stallion what was going on, especially earlier when he insulted her! She stormed up to him and thwacked his nose with her hoof, doing her best to have a convincing scowl "While those two are doing there thing what the hay was that on about earlier!? That was really mean!" She yelled, her eye trailing off to make her speech a little less convincing.

[colour=#696969]"Your eyes are just different is all. I've seen that a lot where I'm from and normally it's a sign of being special. An optometrist normally gives you a special ID for it and you are considered part of the upper class...at least that's where I'm from does." [/colour][colour=#000000]Time told her. [/colour][colour=#696969]"I was just so surprised about it Becuase I haven't seen it in forever."[/colour]

[colour=#000000](Time is from DIscord's reign so this actually would make sense there with the chaos and all.)[/colour]

Compass Rose almost whimpered but shook her head instead. She looked around to make sure no one else had responded to the commotion, oddly they hadn't. Taking a few calming breaths she finally spoke to what she assumed was a normal pony inside the apartment. "I want to know what this thing is after, that's all. And for you to stop treating me like a common criminal. If I could leave, I would, but this key won't let me."

((I meant house, sorry.))

Compass sighed, she let the key go, letting it slam full force into the door without her to stop it. "Have a weirder day. You can have the blasted thing." The unicorn turned from the house, not bothering to see what damage the key did. It wanted something in the house, it could have it. She had a store to run, the unicorn even hummed as she trotted merrily back towards town, happy to be rid of the key. "Maybe now the dreams will stop."

[colour=#696969]"Why would you ever want to?" [/colour][colour=#000000]He asked. [/colour][colour=#696969]"If I ever saw someone with my Key, I would take it back."[/colour]

"No watch the key." Mask said as the key started to shake. "It's screaming at her right now if she doesn't do anything soon it will fly at her. might even take her head off. but the screaming usually works."

Derpy couldn't help but blush in embarrassment at Times words, thinking about what he said a little... a place where ponies like me are special!? Even important!? She thought, not really sure what to say, she trailed her hoof on the floor a bit, not looking at Time "Sorry... I didn't mean to shout..." she said to him, looking over at the commotion coming from the door, listening to the changeling explain what will happen with the key "Then shouldn't we tell them!? They could get hurt!" She protested, not really sure about going near the key that could take a ponies head off.

Compass Rose stopped, feeling the key now pulling at her. First whomever that pony was wanted to give her a hard time because of the blasted thing, now this. She didn't want the key and she certainly didn't want something from that house, since that seemed to be what he assumed. Sighing she closed her eyes and focused on the key like she did in her dream and returned its call. The key glowed deep pink, like Compass magic, flipped around, and hurtled in her direction. The unicorn managed to make it stop just before it lodged into her lavender chest.

She shivered, opening her cerulean eyes a crack. She expected the key to keep going, breathing a sigh of relief when it was floating before her, merely trying to jerk her back to the house. "If you're going to insist I keep you, you need to learn that I do NOT go where I'm not wanted." The unicorn glared at the key, much like one would a wayward foal. "As such, we're not going back there. I'm not welcome and I dislike unwarranted hostility." It seemed the key wanted a fight of wills, so the unicorn sat on her haunches, holding the key in her magic trying her hardest to keep it from pulling her. From her wince of pain and the fact that she moved a couple inches, it appeared Compass was fighting a losing battle.

"wonder what the thing wants." Mask asked suddenly. "Lets figure that out." He said making his blade take the form of True Guidance. the blade then started to point at Time's watch, the blade didn't drag him since when it takes a form thats not its original it has the effects just weaker. "Time. is that watch special?"

Time grabbed at his Pocket watch. [colour=#696969]"NO! There isn't anything wrong with my Pocket Watch! It's just a pocket Watch." [/colour][colour=#000000]Time said very shady.[/colour]

Compass groaned when she finally gave in and went back to the house. She was startled, though, when one of the ponies actually spoke to her and not asking what she wanted. Though, when the key pointed straight at the watch around a stallion's neck, she took a closer look. "How do I do what?" She asked this as she was leaned down, eyes studying the watch and the key finally just levitating beside her should.

"I..Is that a watch from the Dischord era?" Compass looked from the watch up to the pony wearing it. Her ears flat with how shocked she was. "Dear sweet, Celestia! Is it for sale? If not, can I see it? I LOVE antiques, that is a rare one!" She sat on her haunches, watching him expectantly. The unicorn was practically vibrating with her excitement. "Do you collect antiques, too?"

She then noticed the other pony was asking her if she could be trust. She blinked at him before shrugging. "You don't. Same as I can't know you can be trusted. I'll get my answers from the gentlecolt, then I'll be on my way. I'd have left earlier, but that thing," she nods to the key, "wouldn't let me. I mean you no harm and will be out of your mane momentarily, since I seem to bother you so much."

Hmmm... no distractions... and derpy could tell a fresh batch of muffins had just probably cooked... sneaky sneaky! Derpy fluttered her was over to the kitchen in a way nopony could call majestic and opened the oven, reaching in and taking a fresh one with her mouth, quickly shutting the oven after... wait... was it? Hot! Hooot! Derpy juggled the muffin in her mouth until she dropped it, making it fly into the air. No!! Muffin! She dived after it and landed on the floor to let it land straight into her mouth and down her throat, not even chewing. It wasn't until she looked up that she saw the rest of them, keys and all, suddenly derpy felt left out "Wait why am I here if I don't even have a key thing!? Can I leave?" She asked, looking up at the three.

[colour=#696969]"No! Well yes...Kinda! It's a long story!" [/colour][colour=#000000]Time said as he grabbed the pocket Watch tightly. He heard what Derpy said. [/colour][colour=#696969]"Have you even tried to summon a key? Maybe by flicking your hooves or something?"[/colour]

[colour=#696969]"No you can't hold it!" [/colour][colour=#000000]Time said backing up for a second. [/colour][colour=#696969]"It's...uh, important to me. Something my....mother gave me." [/colour][colour=#000000]He lied.[/colour]

"Haha, Time wasting time. That's a good one." Rose chuckled at the joke, but looked Time over. "A simple no would suffice. I'm not going to steal it, y'know. Can I get a picture of it? It would help with business at the antique shop, having seen a watch from that era. Even if it is broken." She sits once more, figuring they may stay awhile and she pokes the keyblade with her hoof. "So, how do I get it to disappear? I feel awkward with it out like this. Since I can't sell it."

Derpy looked at Rose who was laughing at some sort of joke... she didn't get it. Cocking her head to the side she kept looking at Rose, even squinting her eyes as she tried to think of how that was a joke "I erm... I don't get it..." She eventually peeped out as she looked at the group "Is this an inside joke?" She asked, looking between all three of the ponies with key swords, remembering what time said she flicked her hoof a bit... nothing "Hey time... this hoof flicky thing isn't working... I don't have a key yet..." She said as she watcher her hoof flicking back and forth to no avail.

[colour=#000000]Time glared at the changeling. [/colour][colour=#696969]"Trust me, I've got all the time in the world." [/colour][colour=#000000]He turned to rose. [/colour][colour=#696969]"You can try to." [/colour][colour=#000000]He said remembering the last time the pocket watch didn't show up. Then he looked at derpy but something happened to him. He felt different some how and he changed. It wasn't deity but this was a different feeling. He approached Derpy. [/colour][colour=#40e0d0]"Let's try something else them. [/colour][colour=#000000]He kneeled at Derpy's hooves and flashed his keyblade. Then he turned it so the hilt would face her. He recited something he couldn't remember reading. [/colour][colour=#40e0d0]"In your hoof take this key. So long as you have the makings, then through this simple ct of taking, It's wielder, you will one day.be and I will find you there friend. No ocean will contain you then. No borders around or below or above. So long as you champion the ones you love." [/colour][colour=#000000]He said still kneeling and waiting for her to grab the keyblade's hilt.[/colour]