Exalted Equestria OOC Thread

You'll wanna google 'Solar Character Sheet' so you can see the full ability listing. Also 'Flaw' is an *epic flaw*. there's a list of ideas in the book, but the basic idea is: Take your greatest virtue. Base a 'trigger' off that virtue, and when you hit that trigger too often, then you either (A) expand a major character trait to extremes, or (B) reverse it to be the absolute opposite of normal. This is called your limit break, and it represents the Great Curse laid upon the Exalts, that their greatest strength is also their greatest flaw.

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Crazy Horse, I just finally (I know, so lazy) ran the audit of your character sheet... I'm coming up with slightly odd numbers. Check me on this, would you?

You used bonus points to buy up:

2 extra attribute dots (4 points each)

2 extra ability dots in favored abilities (1 point each)

1 extra charm in a favored charm tree (4 points)

If I give you a 1-point improved join battle, then you spent 12 points on merits.

If I give you the 5-point version of Enemy, then you recovered 10 points on flaws.

8 + 2 + 4 + 2 = 16 bonus points spent. you only had 15 to spend.

I only bought one extra attribute dot with bonus points; the other came from my race bonus.

(Social: I added the normal 8 for the favored section, giving me 5 Char, 5 Manip, and 1 Appearance;

Mental: I added the normal six, giving me 4 wits, 4 perception, and 1 Intelligence, added the Earth Pony bonus to Wits, and bought one point of Int.

Physical: I put all 4 dots into stamina.)

The numbers should add up better now.

Oh, and in the thread right now I suppose I don't need to use Courtier's eye technique, so I'll edit that out of my post.

Hey, I was wondering if you could help me out on a little issue I've been having.

It's about stunts. Now, I kind of wish I'd thought of this during character creation, but the fact is I've specced out Crazy Horse to be a 'social monster.' All well and good, but I'm finding it difficult to write out over-the-top descriptions of what amounts to just talking to other characters. Since stunting is such a huge part of the game, I kind of feel that I've done a disservice to myself.

Any help/advice/examples you can give me?

Oh! You're quite right, that should have been a stunt. :) Be sure to ask for stunt points from time to time. I don't always remember to grant them. But as for advice - it *is* harder to stunt non-physical stuff, I quite agree. It's something I've struggled with, when i had my own speech-giver character.

If you've seen "gurren Laggan" they had a lot of good presence stunts there.

By the by, Racken - Crazy Horse isn't too behind there. Your speech *would* have gotten stunt dice if I'd remembered to give them ... and honestly, social combat is horribly destructive to any campaign. There's LOTS of stuff with defenses against physical combat... defenses against social combat are much more rare. You might feel like you're not doing much, but you're *this* close with just a few delicate uses of your power to having completely disrupted the fae's careful planning.

Hey guys, would have let you known if I knew I was going today but I thought I had a day more to respond. Will be out of town this weekend so slow to respond and will (most likely) be monochromatic to respond because I'll be on mobile and I can't make this site think my phone is a pc browser so won't have editing tools.

Respond times (if I get to respond) will be determined by how many things are broken and how much I'll need to weld and such (Yay, I'll actually be doing my characters thing of metalworking ^^)

See you on the flipside

So sorry, Rackenhammer - after having done so much with Ferrou tonight, I've run out of time to respond to the post you just made. I'm not sure I'll be able to answer tomorrow morning, either ... I feel kinda unfair to not be able to respond to Crazy Horse like I did to Ferrou .... but just... running out of time...

Ah, yes; I wasn't sure if I had to rely on stats to remember that much, but since it was appropriate to the situation, I thought it would be a good time to trigger it.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived