Exalted Equestria OOC Thread

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right, then. I'll keep going with a social scene with Crazy Horse's parents while we figure out XP distribution; I want to have everything sorted out before I have to use any motes.

Well, I've already got one sewn up for "Memory of Past Life" (forget what it's called exactly). I'd like to put one more point in presence, due to all the near-misses I've gotten, and then wait and see. I may just save up for the next level of essence, since I've already gotten as far as I can on the War Charm tree without getting another.

OK, so I want to make sure I'm spending this right:

1 point is sewn up for a past lives perk, due to IC action.

I'm bumping up my Presence Caste Skill by 1 level, how many points does that take?

If I have enough points after that, can I go from Essence 2 to Essence 3, and how many points would I have left over?

• 5 weeks later...

Just as an aside - I want to make sure it's understood that the Dragonblooded had just happened by along the road at exactly the time that Ferrou and Crazy were confronting the guards. They just kept walking since there was nothing to see there, traveling for someplace East. They didn't stop at the manorhouse. Just some weird coincidence.

Ahhh. There's always been an Immaculate Monastery in Chiaroscuro. The Blessed Isle has spread its tendrils across most of creation - and most cities just have to accept it because otherwise the Realm can force the matter. The only real defense against that is to make it too much trouble for the Blessed Isle to force itself, either by tributary that means the realm is getting something anyway, or by being too far away to bother with, or by being too strong to approach. Since Chiaroscuro is on the shore immediately south of the Blessed Isle, as close as one can get, and is not in possession of any (working) first age defenses, and is not in possession of any particularly exotic resources ... they're kinda stuck with the Immaculates having a fairly powerful stronghold in the city.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Reply will be a little slow in coming, I have to go back and read the whole thread to make things clear for Crazy Horse's report.

By the way, what are the mechanics behind launching a flurry of attacks to wear down social defenses rather than strike through them? I'm thinking about using the report as a means of delivering one to the Thri-Khan, to make him more receptive to Crazy Horse's suggestions later.

Archived