Exalted Equestria OOC Thread

Racken, If you want the next post to jump to Grandmother Brights plaza meeting, that was my plan. All the manipulation slinging around here I'm just keeping my head down =P

But let's avoid kebab restaurants. Those never go well. (Gundam Seed reference I'm sure no one will get)

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't suppose there's an "assist" mechanic for social rolls that would allow Azal to engage more in these sorts of situations? Or perhaps Tamuz could try a few social attacks of his own, to get her to back down or take his side, or something? I just kind of feel that I've been monopolizing play for a little too long.

Heck, I wouldn't even mind if there was a chance for Ferrou's attempts to give Crazy Horse penalties; it would add a dimension of excitement.

There is indeed an assist mechanic. And yeah, you have a bit. But you guys also keep pushing the play towards "Get to the next social scene" and keep jumping past all the fight, in-between, and Ferrou scenes I have planned.

PS: There are ways of sensing motes being used, but it requires having certain charms or items active...

Right. I think it might help for you to give kind of a "heads-up" whenever you've got some of those scenes planned; I'm very heavy in my social charms right now, so I tend to focus on opportunities to use them, and given that my character has been in a position to dominate the narrative...

I guess this probably just stems from the fact that the current storyline is focusing more on Crazy Horse's goals and obstacles; when we move on to where he's helping Ferrou take down slavers and stuff it will shift more the other way.

I don't know. I just want Azal to have more things to do as a player. I'll have to look for opportunities to give her 'hooks' to really utilize Ferrou's skillset.

• 2 weeks later...

I will say, now that we've gotten to candid speaking, this is something where while mechanically I don't have any abilities, Tamuz is taking very candidly to a New Moon who he thinks isn't paying near as much attention as she is. This gives Crazy Horse a bit of an advantage when able to pass along the information to help with pieces of the puzzle. *grin* Never doubt the power of the IC ability to go "wait... that didn't make sense."

Don't want to step on anyone's toes right now, of course, but I'm punching up the pace a bit; hopefully we'll get out of the city soon, into situations where Crazy Horse doesn't dominate so much.

Rackenhammer ...

I'm going to try to be as polite as possible about this. I do not want to hurt your feelings... I don't want to step on your inspirations ... and I don't want to make this 'not fun' for you.

When you hurried things along to get out of the Wyld Zone (skipping a major scene for Ferrou in the process) I let it slide, thinking that perhaps I'd just let that area go on too long. The scene at a small village between Wyld Zone and Chiaroscuro, involving attacking creatures and a peeved Minor God that needed to get talked down or knocked down - also skipped.

However. This is just... a bit beyond acceptable.

There's a REASON that Tamuz came unannounced and unplanned, in a guise that Crazy Horse did not know was Tamuz's, then waited until Ferrou was all by herself and he could speak with her alone and without interruption.

Crazy Horse not only somehow saw through Tamuz's perfect disguise and teleported himself directly to where he's not wanted, but you went and took charge of the NPCs and antagonists in order to force yourself into Ferrou's scene.

You said you wanted Ferrou to have a chance to do something? Then why did you just end your scene abruptly for the sole purpose of coming over and taking Ferrou's?

If you are unhappy with a scene that you are given, please let me know in the OOC channel. I will try to work out something more to your liking. You are very creative and I enjoy playing with you, but please *talk* to me OOC if you want things to happen a different way. don't just make them happen.

Whoops! Completely and totally my bad; I'll just go and edit that part of the post out. I'm kind of bad at noticing cues that aren't mine; if you've got a scene laid out for Ferrou, just let me know and I'll back off, OK?

Again, sincere apologies to both you and Azal, for all previous incidents as well as this one. I guess I'm kind of not used to this format yet. It's not that I'm not satisfied, it's just I have a much clearer idea in my head of what Crazy Horse's story is, and I get kind of carried away sometimes.

• 1 month later...

I was actually out of town since Thursday; just got back into a new job! So, I'll post when I've cleared up some backlog on this end.

• 2 weeks later...

Also, I've been talking with one of the new players, and we were going over ideas ... With Crazy Horse's blessing, she might link into the story as Crazy Horse's second cousin Ivy from the Blessed Isle. A unicorn sailor who loves hunting pirates (and keeping their loot), and has very strong ideas about never betraying family. Very physically active, gorgeous and sexy and charismatic, but not too bright. She wants to play her as a huge flirt.

Also happens to be a dragon blood...

• 2 weeks later...

I suppose we'll just continue the conversation until Ivy's character sheet is done? I don't have any more plans for the Chiaroscuro scene.

Archived