Exalted Equestria OOC Thread

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All right. I've been pondering exactly how I want to do this - with how slow the arcs go (and a lot of that is my fault for being slow to respond) I want to boost things a bit by letting you guys come up with stuff between arcs that you've accomplished. Go ahead and describe some of your adventures together, between now and the next arc (I'll give you a few months in between). Just in brief, and I'll award some extra xp for that. :)

Additionally, I've decided I want to change how virtues work. At the moment, there are the four virtues: Valor, Temperance, Compassion, and Conviction. You get 5 points to spread between them by default. I would like to, instead, have six virtues: Kindness, Loyalty, Honesty, Laughter, Generosity, and Magic. Makes sense, no? I figure having 8 points to spend between them would make sense. (cannot take any one virtue above 3 dots without spending bonus points)

So figure out how your character measures up on that scale.

Hm, I'll try to come up with an adventure or two over the weekend, if I can get time away from a project I'm working on.

As for Crazy Horse's virtue spread...

Loyalty: 3

Generosity: 2

Kindness: 2

Laughter: 1

I think he would take a more severe penalty than usual to Honesty, considering how easy being duplicitous comes to him.

Oh, right, mixed up points and dots again...

If it's 1 point for the first two dots, and another for the third,

Loyalty: 3 (2 points)

Generosity: 3 (2 Points)

Magic/Friendship: 3 (2 Points)

Kindness: 2 (1 Point)

Laughter: 2 (1 Point)

Honesty: 0

I do not believe you can actually devote -1 points to honesty... so that would only be at 1.

Hrm. I'm having to think on this a little... Oaths of Honor rely upon two things: Loyalty and honesty ... I'm not sure whether the high loyalty makes up for the low honesty. Not saying it's wrong, but feel free to defend how that works while I'm trying to muddle it out.

I see it that he'll keep his oaths as far as they go, but if he sees any loopholes, he'll keep them in the back of his head to spring suddenly if he feels them necessary. Essentially a deception by omission. For example, there was one little condition in the oath he took with Tamuz that is... adjustable, shall we say? I won't spoil what it is, since I'm hoping to use it as a dramatic reveal at the inevitable point where the promise starts to become a problem for him...

OMG I survived the week! *thump* So anyways... onto the thingamawhatsit.

Loyalty: 3

Generosity: 3

Magic: 4

Laughter: 1

Kindness: 2

Honesty: 2

The four to match up for the 4 I had in my Compassion earlier. I figure that point spread shows her goals, wanting to help others be equal. The low ones show how her life has hardened her to not being exactly the most friendly of ponies.

I'm pretty much done with this scene; I really haven't anything else for it. I'm fine with taking a break until we can start up with the next scene and the new players; I'll try to come up with some between-scenes adventures and incidents in the meantime.

So I was talking with Azal, and he had mentioned not being entirely sure how to just make up stories about what you two have been doing in the intervening two months. I can think of a way of just doing a very 'in brief'.

Instead of doing a full RP, what I can do is give you guys the scene setup. You both describe how you'd want the scene to go in a single post, and then I basically resolve that scene and present the next one. I'd share more of the background behind the scene with you, so that you know what I'm doing with it, so that you can come up with the most cinematic way of finishing it.

Does this sound good?

Seaweed Ivy of House Nellens

Tribe: Unicorn Pony

Mane color: Blue with green streaks

Coat color: Light blue with white speckles

Cutie Mark: Ivy and Seaweed entwined

Concept: Dread Pirate/Privateer Ivy

Aspect: Water

Motivation: Make House Nellens the most wealthy and powerful in the Realm.

Anima: A tsunami wave that grows higher and higher till it seems it will crash into Ivy from behind.

Attributes:

Strength: 2

Stamina: 4

Dexterity: 3

Charisma: 4

Manipulation: 2

Appearance: 4

Perception: 3

Intelligence: 2

Wits: 1

Abilities:

Linguistics *

Lore **

*Bureaucracy *** (Specialty: Winding around Red Tape *)

*Investigation ***

Larceny ***** (Specialty: Lock Picking *)

Martial Arts ***

Sail *** (Specialty: Sailing Navigation *)

Awareness ***

Integrity ***

Resistance **

War *

Archery *

Performance *

Ride *

Athletics ***

Dodge ***

Melee *

Presence *

Socialize ** (Cutie Mark Specialty: Teamwork *)

Backgrounds:

Family ** (House Nellens)

Henchmen *** (Crew of The Animus)

Arsenal **

Resources ***

Reputation **

Charms:

1st Larceny Excellency: Essence Overwhelming

Observer Awareness Method

Trackless Walk Style

Ears of the Snowy Owl

Naked Thief Style

Window-in-the-door Technique

Precise Ink Technique

Virtues:

Laughter ***

Loyalty **** (Virtue Flaw: 0 Will = Fanatic about Loyalty)

Honesty *

Kindness **

Generosity **

Magic ***

Willpower: 7

Essence: 2

- Personal: 9

- Peripheral: 22

Merits: (5 pts)

Eidetic Recall (3pts)

Selective Conception (1pt)

Internal Compass (1pt)

Flaws:

Vice (Flirting) (3pts)

Obligation (???) (2pts)

Languages:

?????

?????

Gear:

(????)

History:

Born as one of the rare Dragon Blooded to the nobles of House Nellens, Seaweed Ivy knew she loved the sea from the first time she scented the slight tang of salt in the air. She has done her best, as an adult, to keep a crew for her ship so she can sail free towards the riches and power that her small house so desperately needs to continue surviving (and possibly someday thriving) as one of the Noble houses in the Realm. She is the Captain of The Animus and she has made if very clear that if her crew is not loyal to her they do not continue to be her crew. Her reputation for loyalty, both to her House and her Crew, is known in a few places, oddly outshining her penchant to flirt with anything that breaths. Her family is very important to her, to the point that when her House was in need of new heirs to raise she took time off from her sailing to produce them, insuring they were more likely to exalt when they came of age. Out of the 4 children she's birthed none of them realize she is their mother, though she brings them presents from her travels when she visits them.

Took me long enough, right?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived