Exalted Equestria OOC Thread

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That might get the fight rolling early too. Which while I don't mind, we have a really nice pit trap that will take care of any fire and earth blooded.

hm.... oh... IDEEEAAAAAAA!

Hehe, you do have the deception to be able to tell the Dragonblooded that the village has gone back to worshipping the serpent. You can march them back, give a grandiose speech with the dragonblooded behind you, on a nice lovely pit trap. We haven't considered the son of a Khan might actually "ask" them for help to bring the love of the elemental dragons to his lands.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm sorry I'm taking rather long in this thread. I have some ... difficult circumstances I've been dealing with at home, and it's made it difficult for me to write. And Game-mastering takes more energy than most posts. I'm hoping these difficult circumstances will clear up soon, and I'll be able to give these threads the focus they deserve.

All right, all. Let's start the prep-work for the new thread. I HAVE managed to get ALL your character sheets to the front page, and updated them with xp spending, which means it's easier to look up your characters! (yay. Only took me HOW long?!)

I'm going to go ahead and just give you all 100 xp. I want us to be able to move ahead a bit, and I think you might have a good handle on characters so far. (that's 112 total for Crazy and Ferrou)

Crazy Horse

Crazy Horse spent 2 points on one dot of Past Lives, I know, leaving 110 left for you to spend. I'm not sure why you think you spent three points. So I'm confused. You were also talking about bumping Presence from 3 -> 4, which would cost 5 points, and you were waiting to bring up your essence from 2 -> 3, which would cost 16 points.

I would also recommend, to Crazy Horse, that if you want to continue charging on your lizard - you are exalted, but your mount is not, so that'll create problems. There are some excellent riding charms you can take which will make up for that, but also, your survival charms have an ability to train creatures to be SPECTACULAR. Not only would this cause your skill with lizardflesh to be reknowned - which is highly valued among your people, especially after your grandfather's reputation with the beasts - but you'd also be able to apply it to other creatures (though it'd take a few weeks for each one) and make some truly excellent animals for Ferrou Dust to merge with.

Also, with essence 3, you're able to pick up the war charms for Tiger Warrior Training Technique. You know how Ferrou keeps referring to her followers as Tiger Warriors? You'll be able to make that honorary title true. This allows you to train quite a few war-related skills up to level 4 (including your own).

Ferrou Dust

Craft: Air -> 3: 2 points

Craft: Fire -> 3: 2 points

Craft: Water -> 3: 3 points

Occult -> 2: 2 points

This is a total of 9 points spent. In the previous xp spending we forgot that you have craft marked as a 'prodigy' skill, which means it costs less xp to level it up. So you still have 3 points left from that previous xp dump, plus the hundred points of this time, leaving 103 for you to spend.

I know you have a lot of stuff you want to spend on - including higher essence, faster shapeshifting, and crossbreed shifting. I would also recommend that there are similar animal-training charms for Ferrou Dust, if she wants to train animals in preparation for merging with her - or if she wants to help train Crazy Horse's mount. I would also recommend the strength or stamina excellencies, so you can boost those as needed. And, of course, crafting crafting crafting.

You are allowed to spend this downtime (which equates to months of time) to gain more shapes for free, as long as it's a form that you can reasonably find in the South. You don't have to limit yourself to only one shape, either - so if Ferrou and Crazy both get training charms, you could train a giant, super-powered claw strider, and join with that to gain its form, and keep both the normal claw strider and the giant claw strider forms.

Seaweed Ivy

I noticed you marked only Bureaucracy and Investigation as your favored skills. Those are actually aspect skills - along with Larceny, Martial Arts, and Sail. You also need to pick 3 other favored skills. I would recommend Integrity, Dodge, and Socialize as these? Especially since Socialize is where your cutie mark specialty lies.

I'm giving you some free backgrounds in addition to your 100 xp. You get 1 dot of ally in Citrus. Your reputation goes up to three dots for what you've done for the family, and your arsenal goes up to 3 dots to represent the greater financial resources available to you.

If you like ... I'd say that we could ret-con this ship to *be* the Animus, and the crew on board that you hired? Your faithful crew. It was years ago that this happened, and ponies have come and gone, but your ship, your crew, gained on that day. It seems like it would make a good story, to me.

Other than that, you made spectacular use of your abilities so far. I would definitely recommend gaining more essence, but in addition ... do you want to learn some martial arts? Otherwise, I know you were interested in some of those socialize charms having to do with partying...

Hm, Good point on the Ride skill/charms, I will definitely look into those.

Just a question: If I'd actually forced a dice roll with my war skill for the plan and my Presence for the rally in that last post, would that have turned out better? I'm still not quite used to real systems in-RP, and I kind of feel frustrated that the fruit of recent research into formation and tactics seems to have come to so little result. Particularly now that I'm not sure how to address this situation.

I am rolling, I'm just not sharing all the rolls. You had a decent plan, to be sure - but they have exalts on their side, too. The earth dragon blooded exalt had control of the terrain itself. And as your training would teach you - control of the terrain is a huge advantage. The flanking that you set up, and the way you arranged the battlefield, is the only reason it's going as well as it is. And ultimately, they *are* doomed. This is a hesitation for your side, just because they have to pick themselves up again, but it's not a loss. Only half your forces were brought down - the other half are overwhelming the realm troops, and will be there to aid you in just a few turns. If you hadn't separated your forces and made sure to flank them, you'd have had all your troops down, and the realm troops would have swarmed over them and started slaughtering them. I can't think of how you could have improved your plan of attack, aside from perhaps standing at a distance and pelting them with ranged weapons ... but you don't have a cadre of archers or a host of firewand infantry with you.

Not to mention - that water blooded has high level of War, too, not to mention a few war charms. Just by her being alive and there, all the realm troops, and both the other dragon bloods, have increased stats. The fire and the earth blooded are just leuitenants, and are pretty straightforward. She's the leader, and she has signficantly more XP than both of you. She's a counter to both you *and* Ferrou. And her black jade claws allow her to command any water-based spirit or god that she's defeated previously with them.

And if you want, that can become apparant and be IC information as well. Dragon blood charms are weaker than solar and lunar charms, but their advantage is in teamwork - their charms are shared by their allies. And at the moment, they're also better equipped than you. The Realm gets ALL the goodies.

Well. Until you take the goodies away from them.

This is a challenge for you, indeed, but it's giving your character his first real experience in battle with Dragon Blooded characters. And remember: no plan survives contact with the enemy. This is showing your character some of his weaknesses, and he can decide how to act on that. if you had better war charms, you could have trained the villagers in a few hours to be as skilled as experienced troops, and they might not have failed their checks versus the lost footing. If you had better survival or ride charms, your mount might not have lost its footing. And if you had better resistance charms, that kick to your breastplate would have done nothing at all. There's a host of ways your character can learn from what happens here, but the issue is still that you're leading mostly untrained villagers against exalted foes.

Ah, I see. From what I read, it looked like the whole of my forces had been incapacitated, rather than half.

I will say, the situation does prove to be a good motivation for Crazy Horse to focus on developing his War and Riding Skills. I'll have to take a little while to think of a plan to recover from this setback, though.

I'm going to need to write up a cheat sheet for my charms; I keep forgetting that I have them, and how they can be combined. I can't remember if what I just did was technically combo-able, but it was the best I could think of to deal with the situation, given that I'm dismounted, and have little in the way of physical attributes or fighting skills...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived