Cloudsdale

Brains

((Yeah, this RP will take place in Cloudsdale, where it's currently early afternoon. It's late summer, so the days are still hot but the nights are beginning to cool down. Feel free to jump in.^^))

The sun shined above, tinting the city of Cloudsdale in a lovely shade of light yellow. Pegasus of all shades trotted around on clouds or fluttered above, rushing to get to where they needed to be or milling about wasting the daylight. Doodle relaxed at dining table set outside, provided by the restaurant she was visiting. She leaned back, stretching her wings and front hooves are far she could. This was her vacation week, and she would spend it visiting lovely Cloudsdale. She wouldn't be painting though, she had left all of her painting supplies at home in Canterlot. Her jaw was aching from holding a paint brush stiffly, painting delicate lines on a canvas. It was a pain in the neck too, literally.

And now, she wouldn't have to see a paint brush for another week. She had only things she would need, which included things like bits, clothes in case she attended a party, books, and other little things. She had locked up her apartment, giving one of her friends the key so they could watch out for Sim. At the thought she sighed, missing her pet. The thought was brushed away as a waiter showed up, handing her a clear drink with mint leaves in it and a plate of pastries. "Here you go, ma'am." he said, a slight southern accent in his voice. Maybe he was from Appleloosa? She entertained the thought. "Thank you!" She said, nodding. He walked away, and Doodle bit into one of the tiny pastries. Savoring the flavour for a moment, she then swallowed it and chased it down with a sip of the minty drink. This week would be lovely, just like the food and drink.

cmark_frost137.png

Spin Art flew in aileron rolls throughout her hometown. Today was her break off from work at Ponyville. She was so happy to see the sun, but her stomach began to rise above her throat. She landed and started to walk. Oh, maybe not!

What is there to do today? ... PRACTICE MORE AILERON ROLLS!

No....

Spin hasn't ate any breakfast yet sadly enough. Maybe she could head out to the pastry shop. Cinnamon rolls sounds fine right now. She walked in and waited in line. Thankfully, there was only one pony in front of her. After the pony was done with her orders, she turned around and Spin Art couldn't help but smile to her and quietly said "Good Morning."

Spin ordered two large cinnamon rolls. Dang, she was hungry! She stared at the rolls hungrily. The steam rose from the surface, the sweet aroma filled her lungs, the softness of the bun, and oh the icing! This all made her drool ((I literally haven't eaten breakfast yet. xD)).

"M'am? Do you need anything else-?"

"Oh! Um! No!" Spin sheepishly smiled and flew over to the nearest table.

She couldn't help but glance at the pegasus with the painted hooves. No matter how odd it was to see a pegasus or a pony as for a matter of fact like that. Spin only saw ponies with furry fetlocks like herself. She had to say hi and compliment, but she was too shy. What if she was a meanie head like that...? Jigsaw. DUN DUN DUN.

"Hi there!" She mustered up courage. Oh well, if she yelled at her then well Spin was on her way. "I couldn't help but say THOSE ARE AWESOME HOOVES!" Spin laughed at herself. Goodness she was loud, but literally her hooves were meant to be complimented... loudly. "So how's your day?"

Doodle looked up from her plate, submerged in a sea of tasty flavours and the cool refreshing mint. She quickly swallowed the pastry that had been in her mouth, sheepishly smiling at the other pegasus. "Oh! Hi there!" She felt a little embarrassed, having a bit of icing on her muzzle. She used a napkin to wipe it off before she continued to talk. "Thank you, my mum said they've been like this since I was born. Other foals used to pick on me, but when I got my cutie mark it all stopped because they matched." She laughed softly, remembering how everypony cooed over her cutie mark when she got it. "My day has been wonderful. I just got here this morning and this is my first day of my vacation. This is my first time to Cloudsdale, and it seemed fitting as a pegasus to visit here at least once. How was your day?" She asked, grinning.

cmark_frost137.png

"Oh it's been pretty good." Spin Art picked up her rolls and flew over to her table. "What's your name? I'm Spin Art...." Thinking about it, Spin glanced at her cutie mark. T'was a paintbrush! She too was an artist pony kinda like Spin Art in a way. Well that made sense.

"Well at least you got a pony who lives here! I might show you around." If Spin could remember where everything was. Her mind blanked for a second. Oooooh darn it! "So where are you from?"

"My name is Doodle Doo, but you can call me Doodle if you'd like." Doodle said, taking another bite of one of the last pastries on her plate. "And that'd be great actually, I'm a little lost. This town seems so big, but everyone seems to know everyone. It reminds me of Ponyville in a way, but in the sky." She drank a bit of her drink, clearing her throat. "I'm from Canterlot, although I was born there I was raised in Ponyville. I recently moved there after graduating a Music & Arts school in Manehatten. Are you from Cloudsdale or are you visiting too?"

"I'm from here, but I work at Ponyville. A cute, small town." Spin Art looked at the sky. "But the problem is," she whispered. "I completely blanked out where everything is. But!" She grew to a normal talking voice. "If we started heading out, I might remember." She bit one cinnamon roll in half and wolfed it down and placed the rest in her carry bag with a Wonderbolts button to hold it.

"Now!" Spin stood on her hind legs and pointed to the sky, but looked back at Doodle. "Um. Sorry, are you just about done?" She sat back down.

(I'm gonna' jump in!)

Marble Chisel was walking through the streets of his home town. Most ponies were quite amazed with the cloudy architecture of Cloudsdale, but Marble had lived their long enough, and worked on them hard enough, to be rather sick of it. Snow was especially his worst enemy, mostly BECAUSE crafting it was his main job. Thankfully, it was the summer, so he had a nice break before returning to his frustrating, redundant job. He was rather dull compared to the other colourful pegasi, a dark red coat and a messy, greasy brown mane with chocolate brown eyes and three stone crowns on his flank. He was definitely one of the larger pegasi, tall and muscular, and his poker face had an odd tendency to intimidate ponies.

He smelled something sweet in the distance. He turned his head and saw the pastry shop he rarely ever visited. His stomache growled as he remembered he hadn't eaten that morning. He entered the shop, and after a few seconds made it to the front of the line. The clerk asked what he wanted. [colour=#ff0000]"Cinnamon bun." [/colour]He responded, with his deep voice that always came up when he would hide his shyness. The clerk smiled nervously. [colour=#40e0d0]"A-anything else?" [/colour]Marble just stared at her in response. He really didn't want to have to speak again. She backed away slightly and handed him his cinnamon bun. He took a seat as he gnawed on the sweet pastry, listening to the ponies behind him, since he had nothing better to do. It seems one was an artist. He was interested in other artists. Nopony ever really knew Marble himself was into arts, mostly just seeing the snowcrafter he told everypony he was. They said something about needing a way around town. Sucking up his shyness, he decided to be helpful for once. [colour=#ff0000]"I can help." [/colour]He told them, as he stared over at them with his slow and scary, expressionless face.

Doodle Doo looked up at Spin Art, who was already in the air. "[colour=#008000]Oops, one minute![/colour]" She said, hurriedly wrapping the remaining pastries in a napkin and shoving them in the saddlebag beside her, and she gulped down the last bit of her drink. She took a few bits from her bag and put them on the table as a tip. "Now I'm ready!" She said, jumping into the air. Finally, a chance to fly! It was one of her favorite parts of being in Cloudsdale, you could fly through the city and now being given a dirty look for taking flight.

Then a deep voice distracted her, making her wings slow down so she could fly in one place. A stallion stood watching them. "[colour=#008000]That'd be great, actually. The more the merrier, I always say![/colour]" She said happily, fluttering her wings as a sign of happiness.

Spin Art turned around and looked at the stallion she was talking to.

"Oh thank goodness someone to help! Welcome to our Cloudsdale tour!" Spin welcomed with a grand voice and flipped on a random black top hat with a blue question mark on it that randomly came out of her saddlebag. (Similar to the Club Penguin hat. xD) She tossed one to the stallion. "What's your name?" She said in a friendlier tone.

Tour_Guide_Hat_clothing_icon_ID_428.png

The two mares were enthusiastic with him showing them around Cloudsdale. Marble took another bite of his cinnamon bun, then stood up. One of them asked for his name. [colour=#ff0000]"Marble Chisel." [/colour]Was all he responded. He had never given a tour of Cloudsdale before. He knew his way around, after all, he helped with the construction of certain areas, but knew next to nothing about most of them. He just hoped he wouldn't have to act as a tour guide. Their happiness was making him a bit nervous. It really reminded him of his little brother, probably down in Canterlot. One of the mares put on an odd hat with a question mark for some reason. She tossed one to him, which he put on his head without knowing what else to do with it. He then stared at them again, waiting for them to say where they would like to go first.

Doodle smiled. "[colour=#008000]That's a nice name~[/colour]" She said, looking at the hats. "[colour=#008000]I'm not sure where to go first, Cloudsdale is such a lovely, large place. So many places to go. Good thing I have a whole week! Maybe I'll remember what some of the places look like and paint-"[/colour] She paused, shaking her head. [colour=#008000]"Ah, you have to remind me not to talk about painting because that's what I'm here to take a break from." [/colour]She nodded, running a hair through her hoof.[colour=#008000]"You know, I've always wanted to see a rainbow up close, if you know what I mean. I was raised in Ponyville and I only saw them from the ground."[/colour]

The mare with the painted hooves began talking a lot. He was use to listening to ponies rambling on, and listened to what she was saying. She mentioned something about painting before saying that it's what she was taking a break from. [colour=#ff0000]I know that feel. [/colour]She finally asked to see a rainbow up close. Mentally creating a map of Cloudsdale, he knew where to go. [colour=#ff0000]"The rainbow factory. Where all your fears and horrors come true." [/colour]He joked to them, though his voice rather serious. The only hint that it was a joke was his quiet chuckle afterwards. [colour=#ff0000]"This way." [/colour]He walked out the door, holding it for them, as he prepared his wings to fly.

Spin Art looked at Marble.

"The Rainbow Factory? I've heard rumors about such... things." She shivered and nodded at him as she past through the door that he opened. "Well let's try and visit!"

Doodle looked at them both, slightly confused. [colour=#008000]"What's so scary about a rainbow factory?"[/colour] She asked, running a hoof through her main nervously. [colour=#008000]"I mean, it's just a place where rainbows are made, right?"[/colour]

The paint-covered mare seemed unaware of Marble's joke. He looked over at her. [colour=#ff0000]"You need to listen to more music." [/colour]With that, Marble flew up and lead them towards the rainbows. He remained silent along the way, letting the other two talk to each other as he flew to Cloudsdale's rainbow waterfall. After they arrived, Marble quickly lead them to the right, where the factory let out the large river of rainbow water. He let them look around, while he mostly just followed them around, not wanting to bump into anypony he knew.

• Like 1

((I saw where this was still open. I hope me joining is alright :) ))

Care package finished his final delivery down in Ponyville. He checked his mailbag and saw there were about three or four letters left. Care smiled and thought to himself, "I'm glad im almost done." He smiled again and looked up at Cloudsdale. He realized how much he loved that city. His home was there. He flapped his wings a bit and lifted himself off of the ground.

He flew up and dropped off his mailbag at his house. He glanced out his window. He saw other pegasi flying around and some were performing stunts in the air.

Care laughed a bit. He wasn't much of a stunt flyer but he enjoyed flying.

Care trotted out of his house and flew around. He then noticed the Rainbow Factory.

He saw a few ponies in front of the factory. His eyes widened a bit and his body shook. He was getting nervous.

He knew non of the ponies. But he flew next to them instead.

The light grey pony shook his blond mane when he landed. He glanced at a few of the ponies with his brown eyes and said, "You ponies going into the factory?". He pushed himself to show a weak and sheepish smile at them. He was still nervous.

"Oh no, we're just going to see the rainbows up close.... Right?" Spin Art turned to the two others and smiled. She landed in front of the pool of rainbow. Spin tried to dip her hoof and taste it. But quickly thought twice and jerked her hand away. Rumors say it tasted really spicy and other things...... Spin instead took out a piece of cinnamon roll and stuck it in her mouth while she took out a package of coloured fruit-flavoured candy. What a better substitute than rainbow water. (Skittles)

The rainbows were ever so beautiful. They glowed bright in different colours. She wanted to paint with its water so she grabbed a jar in her saddlebag and quickly scooped some rainbow and stored it in her bag. Hopefully nopony saw that.

(I saw it was open and though wow might as well join)

Sapphire feather, was in the air the feeling of air underneath her wings was awesome . *Sapphire then pulled off a sky loop ta loop in the sky and zoomed downwards real fast her wings closed then when she was about to hit a cloud her wings opened up and she zoomed upwards and rested on a nearby cloud high in the sky gazing down on the other pony's of cloudsdale. Saffy could see the rainbows from here they looked so cool.

[colour=#008000]"Oh, okay then."[/colour] Doodle said, flapping once before landing beside the pool. She looked at the colours in the pool. [colour=#008000]"Isn't it kind of cool how the colours never mix together? I wonder if it has something to with their molecules [/colour]or [colour=#008000]something like that." [/colour]She looked up at the other stallion who had just arrived.[colour=#008000]"Oh, hello there~"[/colour] She said, waving a hoof at him.. [colour=#008000]"No, we're not. Is everypony scared of this factory or something?"[/colour]She asked, glancing nervously at the tower. If it was just in a song, why was everpony scared of it? That made no sense to her.

Care watched as the two mares examined the rainbows of the factory. He smiled as they did this. He didn't care what they did with the rainbow slop but he thought it was quite disgusting they were so close to it.

Care then heard her ask if everypony was scared of the factory. That was a lie for Care. He was terrified of the factory.

Care gulped and said, "[colour=#008080]I don't think everypony is scared of it." [/colour] He examined the factory closely. He shuddered a bit and said,[colour=#008080] "But they do..make good...Rainbows."[/colour] He smiled at the mares.

[colour=#008080]"My name is Care Package by the way. Equestria's awesomest mailpony"[/colour] He always felt weird when he said "awesomest" but he didn't care right now.

"Hello there!" Spin Art shook Care's hoof, leaving some rainbow water on him from her filling her jar. She glanced down and smiled sheepishly at him. "S-sorry."

"Wellll...." Spin turned to Doodle. "There are rumors that they make rainbows out of ponies or something. But hopefully that's not true, but I mean who makes ponies outta rainbows? So messed up. BUT! I'm not taking any chances by drinking the rainbows." She wiped her hooves on her legs and offered her some of the fruit flavoured candy. "Just have some of these." Spin put some in her mouth and chewed it.

Somepony else, introducing himself as Care Package joined their little group. At least he seemed to be a local. He, like some of the others, seemed nervous about the rainbow factory. Apparently one of the mares suspected the rumors of the factory to be true. [colour=#ff0000]"They give tours." [/colour]He told them, hoping to reassure them, though still remaining quiet.

(I decided this is his poker face

char_10186.jpg

Care smiled and shook her hoof. Then the mare moved her hoof down and wiped the rainbow gunk off. Care shuddered again and he listened to Spin. He had heard the same rumor about the factory.

Just then Care heard the other pony in the group say "[colour=#ff0000]They give tours"[/colour]

Care then examined the factory again and said, "[colour=#008080]Yeah...they do give tours."[/colour] He let out a sheepish chuckle. [colour=#008080]"Anypony wanna go on a tour?"[/colour] he smiled a weak smile again.

Doodle Doo's face dropped, and she attempted to keep a brave face on. That was...Morbid. And scary.[colour=#008000]"Well, if they give tours I doubt they would do that!" [/colour]She stomped her hoof firmly on the cloud, causing little puffs to float upwards. [colour=#008000]"And if they give tours, why not? I've got a week to waste!"[/colour]