Crème Brûlée (Ready)

FlinkPamingo

RP Type: World of Equestria

Name: Crème Brûlée

Species: Unicorn

Eyes: Cerulean

Coat: Creme's coat is cream and near her hooves a dark brown.

Mane/Tail: Her mane and tail are long and curly, consisting of a deep reddish brown and streaks of a deep pink.

Physique: Slender, and a bit tall.

Residence: The world is her oyster. But settling in Canterlot.

Occupation: Creme Brulee is, by trade a travelling.. peddler to put it mildly. She collects goods on her travels and sells them in the next place she visits. Though, she's decided to set up shop in Canterlot and try her hoof at staying in one place. Her shop, Brass Antiques, sells a wide variety of items. She travels far and wide throughout Equestria, from major cities, to small towns, and even to forgotten ruins to acquire items for her shop.

Cutie Mark: Creme Brulee's cutie mark is an ornate red and white vase on top of a blue background.

History: Creme Brulee was born to Rose Silk and Haze, a young unicorn couple who were a stylist and construction worker respectively. They named her Creme Brulee after a dessert that means "burnt sugar" as with her coat starting out cream and being dark brown on her hooves, it reminded her mother of it. As a youngster Creme was into everything to try and gain her cutie mark. She tried everything from roasting marshmallow to ice sculpting, which just ended with her breaking a huge cube of ice. As more and more of her peers gained their Cutie Marks and she had none, Creme began to feel desperate to find what her calling was likes her friends.

As the last pony in the age group, aside from Creme Brulee, got their cutiemark, the other fillies and colts started to tease the filly for being a blank flank. Weeks of teasing went by and it finally became too much, with Creme Brulee running from school, crying. Blinded by tears she didn't see where she was going and tripped over a rather expensive vase at an antiques shop. The filly broke into hysterics, crying and hiccuping as she tried to apologize to the old stallion at the store. The stallion, Brass Antique, offered the young filly tea and cookies, and told her a story about how he got his cutie mark as he calmed her down.

Finally calmed down, Creme listened with rapt attention at the tale the elderly stallion spun about going on an adventure with his parents who were archeologists, and how he found his first item. Instead of wanting to take it to a museum, as it was a common item which most just sold, he decided then and there he wanted to sell antiques.

With Creme Brulee no longer crying he offered her the smaller of a set of vases. The larger of which Creme had broken. He told her he didn't want the small vase to be alone, and that he knew she'd either take good care of it, or find it a new home. Creme thanked the old stallion and went back to school, vase in tow. There she told her classmates a splendid tale of how she found the vases and realized... they housed a genie stallion and his mare. With breaking the larger vase and saying a magic spell, the genie and his love were free. Creme's teacher, whether from the story, feeling sad for the filly, or the ornate red and white vase's beauty offered to buy the vase. After which Creme's cutie mark appeared, a red and white vase, in front of a blue circle.

After school Creme told her mother and father what happened, and they took her to the shop, Brass Antiques, to apologize. Instead Brass invited them in for tea and told them how thrilled he was to have met such an amazing young filly. Especially one who kept asking questions about the items in the shop. Soon after, Rose Silk and Haze, agreed to let Creme Brulee work at the shop, as a sort of apprentice. There Creme worked until she graduated school and went to a college.

Creme did well in college, but kept to herself there as she was there to learn. She had a few friends, whom she was close to. But it wasn't until after college, when Brass Antique gave her the money from all the items she'd sold the entire time she was at his shop. The money, she used to travel all over Equestria. She went from the usual cities: Cloudsdale, Manehatten, Delamare, Appleloosa, and to jungles, ruins, she even spent some time living with Zebras. The entire time she collected antiques, or relics, learned of the mythos for each place and wrote stories for the items she collected.

Years later she has returned to Canterlot as Brass Antique is getting old and ready to retire. She bought the store from him, even though he insisted she could have it and has started running it herself, stocking it with her items, complete with a scroll for each and every story.

Personality: When left to her own devices, Creme Brulee tends to read. When there's somepony to talk to, though, she'll talk. She loves meeting new ponies as their personalities may spark inspiration for one of her stories. When she's in work mode she's charming and more than willing to share the story of any of the amazing objects in her store.

During down time, as in when home, or between customers she's either writing new tales. Or she can be seen with her nose in a book. She reads mostly mythology and history for inspiration for her stories. Which is one of her main flaws, she's so focused on getting to know ponies for her stories, that often times she's not good at being an actual friend. Though, with her charming personality and stories, no one generally notices. She also has a habit of pulling a scroll and quill out and writing about an item no matter where she is.. such as a street in Manehatten.

Summary: Creme Brulee has met her life dream, to travel and collect items. But that isn't enough to live off of since she needs a place to put things while she tries to sell them. She's finally decided to try her hoof at staying in one place for more than a week. The unicorn is very determined that the store be just as, if not more, successful with her as it was with Brass Antique running it. She doesn't want to let him down.

Should the shop fail, her mother has assured her there's a place for her at the salon. Though, Creme would much rather not work there. She's horrible at doing anything aside from braiding manes and tails.

Creme also takes care of Brass Antique, though he rarely goes to the store. He's used the money Creme Brulee paid him for the shop to travel Equestria himself and regularly sends her items with a challenge to write about it and then sell it.

---

I'm ready for my closeup, Mr. DeMille! As in, bring on the critique!

Hey FlinkPamingo! You've got a good character here, and I like her unique Talent. But after talking to some of the other RP Helpers, there was one thing that didn't seem to fit right: Compass Rose's cutie mark doesn't seem to match her talent. He talent is being a merchant, and being able to create stories to sell her wares. A compass would normally symbolize traveling, navigation, map making, or something similar. The easiest way to fix this would be to change the cutie mark (you wouldn't have to change the character's name) or add something into the application to say what the cutie mark symbolizes to the character and her talent. Please let me know how you want to proceed.

She travels to get her wares that she sells, hence the Compass Rose. Thought I added that. Quite sorry. Haha. Added it to the description of the cutie mark and what it symbolizes. :)

If it still isn't good enough, I can try to think of something else. It'll just take me a bit.

Huh... I'm not sure exactly what was changed or why, but looking at this now I'm really not seeing the connection the current name has to this character at all. The name should relate to something, be it the pony's talent, their cutie mark, their personality or their appearance. I'm not really seeing how any of that related to the dessert she was named for. Perhaps you could explain it?

It could also use a touch more detail in the character summary, I think. What does she do outside of the shop? How is she with friends? As a traveler, what sorts of places does she like to visit? Does she have any fears or worries? What about hopes for the future? You don't have to answer everything, just give us a slightly more complete view of who she is as a character.

Other than that, it's a good app. I imagine it'll be stamped soon. ;)

I put the wrong coat colour, meant to put a light brown, not pink. It has to do with her colouring, the light brown and the dark brown of her mane and tail. I guess I could remove the pink streaks, if it's too bothersome.

I swear I'll get this app to where it's at least decent.

• 3 weeks later...