Etiquette regarding creator-abandoned rp's?

Sparkleheart

So, myself and a couple other ponies are taking part in this roleplay called The Test. And the person who created and was running it hasn't been online since March 13th. So now we're without a game master to direct what's happening at the facility (and I don't know what exactly he was planning) or accept any new players who might want to join.

Is there any standard procedure for this sort of thing? Do you think it would be okay for us players to take over, maybe voting on what happens next and so on?

Why not recreate a similar Roleplay with those of you who are active? It's possible the runner of the RPer has gotten grounded or had a real life emergency come up. I don't think it's really fair, given that you don't know the circumstance and if the user has actually abandoned the thread, to take over. However, I think that creating your own Roleplay using what the previous game master as a base should be fine. That way, if the user comes back, you can continue the other Roleplay where you left off. And if they don't, you've got a thread to keep you occupied. As an alternative, just come up with your own unique idea, and realize that maybe the other RP will never come to completion without the OP (original poster). It's not fun when a game runner abandons a thread for any reason, but it does happen on any Roleplay site. Sometimes, you just have to let threads die, or stay dormant for awhile.

It's really up to you, the players of the thread. I recommend making an OoC topic or PM if you haven't already, and come to a consensus about what you all would like to do. This player could very well be sick/grounded/broken PC, etc. so I would personally try playing in some other threads for a while and give them another week or so before deciding to continue.

So, myself and a couple other ponies are taking part in this roleplay called The Test. And the person who created and was running it hasn't been online since March 13th. So now we're without a game master to direct what's happening at the facility (and I don't know what exactly he was planning) or accept any new players who might want to join.

Is there any standard procedure for this sort of thing? Do you think it would be okay for us players to take over, maybe voting on what happens next and so on?

I and several other RP-ers are in a similar situation in another RP called Revolution/Invasion: Fall of Equestria series on the site, the creator's been gone for months and we have no idea on whether to continue without her or wait more months for her to return.

Personally I say take it over until the creator comes back and tell them what's happening currently or let it die.