The Academy Chapter 2

Dabom444

The stallion sat his tray down sitting across from them and had a shocked look on his face, like he had seen a ghost [colour=#0000cd]"Guys, have you seen this food! Where was this stuff when we were in training?"[/colour] he hadn't noticed Spitfire there yet and used her voice [colour=#daa520]"You maggots will eat what your served and......"[/colour] He froze as he saw the mare sitting there and shuddered before smiling [colour=#0000cd]"..aaaannd it was the best possible thing for us at the time, come on everyone lets dig in!" [/colour]he quickly lowered his head and stuffed some food in his mouth to shut himself up. Though he was one generation behind the others he did manage to get on a more friendly terms with Fire, though she didn't enjoy his impressions of her. [colour=#0000cd] "So...whats with this fog, i was appreciating the wonderful night Luna had provided us." [/colour]

[colour=#800080]"Yeah. I've flown through fog before, but that's some nasty fog." [/colour][colour=#000000]Lyria said, taking his hoof and standing. She flapped her wings a little bit to help her stay on her hooves.[/colour]

Flashmb smiled to Shadow, he was amused at his impersination of spitfire. He ate the great food set before them, He took slow bites and enjoyed it.

Lightning dust was puzzled about the fog around the academy. She looked out the window, she gazed at how thick and unnatural it was. She swore she could have seen A flash of something go by the window. She was uneasy.

(Cue trouble)

Outside of the Building the fog got much more thicker. A purple mist formed nearby the entrance, it took form of 3 pegesai. It was the Shadowbolts. They walked slowly around the building, A larger stronger looking one pulled his mask from his face He had a black coat with a red mane. His Dark red eyes glowed in the dark. They moved silently and quickly around the grounds. One of them trotted silently behind the black coated one and Whispered.[colour=#A52A2A] "Thunder Swift... what are we even looking for?" [/colour]The shadowbolt inquired. Thunder Swift turned his head,[colour=#FF0000] "We are looking for the gem."[/colour] He growled. They continued to look around keeping to the shadows. Thunder hated the smell of this place. It stank of weakness and incompetance to him.

(A little clarification. When celestia went to war with Nightmare moon, Nightmare made the shadowbolts to fight along side her. I made it though so that the shadowbolts were indeed real and not just a illusion when Nightmare is trying to mess with Rainbow dash. I also made it so that they stil have the curse from Nightmare moon became to be. They can mind wipe and infect other pegesai with the curse causing them to turn evil. They need the gem to expand the curse to further pegesai so they can bring on a new rule of darkness. I thought of it on my spare time. what do you think?)

(Lol you make me happy, i honestly was thinking of having shadowsound wearing a shadowbolt uniform at the start of this.)

Shadow had finished eating and was looking out the window with a sigh. [colour=#0000cd]"Man, look at that fog. I was going to head home too, ah well."[/colour] he stood getting up and yawned looking to spitfire. [colour=#0000cd]"Hey, mind if i take a staff bunk?"[/colour] He asked as he stretched his wings covering his mouth with at another yawn. He began walking to the mess hall door and waved.[colour=#0000cd] "Hey, i'll catch you all later"[/colour] With that he left the hall with a bass drop hitting from his saddle bags speakers.

Marble took a seat at the staff table, and began digging in. The food was MUCH better than he remembered. Spitfire explained that they were getting much more funds. That made Marble pretty happy! He basically forgot about the fog and his recent engagement as he helped himself to just about everything. He hadn't realized how uncouth he was eating, until he saw his reflection in the window and saw everything all over his face. He laughed nervously, then wiped it off with a napkin. He looked out the window again. The fog was unnaturally thick, and was almost getting creepy. He shuddered and looked at Lightning. [colour=#ff0000]"First we had an unnaturally strong thunderstorm, and now unnaturally thick fog. Are we being chased by weather monsters or something?"[/colour]

((Ima join , this seems fun! ))

A 23 year old colt Pegasus entered the cafitria . He seemed terrible from the sweat that was dripping from his body . He was wearing sweat bands, so he just got back from working out. He was going to get some lunch before he left again .

Angel trotted inside with Lyria.. He trotted into the mess hall to meet his friends. "[colour=#800000]Hey guys... Looks like were all stuck here hu?[/colour]" He laughed.

CloudDasher looked up from her food. Her eyes widened with excitement at the sight of angel. She looked back down, She didnt want to make it obvious.

(Blue streak you could be a cadet if you wish, you gotta be acociated with the Academy somehow. Like a instructor or a guard. But its up to you.)

Flashbomb Smiled at how funny Marble was being eating all of his food in hungry gulps. He got up, [colour=#0000FF]"Excuse me for a moment please i have to go check out this crystal that Spitfire is telling me about." [/colour]He said to everypony. He trotted away and exited the mess hall he saw just as Shadow entered the staff barracks. He trotted down the hall to the Gem in its display. He saw a mare examining the exact same gem. She looked to be a cadet who was in a young stage of her life. She was light purple and had a silver mane. Come to think of it she reminded him of Cloud chaser. He even noticed that her cutie mark was a feather which was kind of interesting. He examined the crystal just a ways away from her. It had a spooky glow about it, It had its magic slowly floating Candles down the hall way. It had to have a long lost power of some sort because something about it made him shiver.

Lightning dust glanced back to Marble she giggled when she saw the food all over him " Wow who knew you would enjoy academy food so much!" She teased him. She took a napkin and wiped a bit of food from his nose. She giggled again. She saw Flash excuse himself and leave. She caught herself looking out the window again trying to figure out what she had seen. " It seems like we are being watched." She admitted to the others.

The Shadow Bolts continued their search Thunder Swift grew Restless. [colour=#FF0000]"Those vermin must have hidden the gem inside." [/colour]He growled. He then heard a couple foot steps behind him. He whipped around and saw a cadet who had lost his way. Swift grinned widely. He whistled a low whistle. The cadet looked afraid He looked around with frantic eyes. "Whos there!?" He yelled. A shadow bolt landed behind him and Grabbed him. "GET OFF ME WHO IS THIS!?" The cadet squeaked as he flailed. Swift Approached him, he laughed evily in a low tone. [colour=#FF0000]"Stop squirming you cant break free." [/colour]He mocked the poor helpless cadet. [colour=#FF0000]"Soon you wont remember a thing...." [/colour]He chuckled as he aproached closer. He held up his hoof and A dark red aroura glowed around it. The cadet began to scream. It was loud enough to echo around the skies. Swift's hoof touched the cadets forehead. Suddenly the cadet's eyes flashed red as his memory was wiped. He fell to the ground quiet, and unmooving. The purple mist surrounded him and when it cleared the cadet rose in full shadow bolt attire. His eyes opened and were now a dark red tint. They glowed in the darkness, just as the others did. Swift smiled again they decided to Give up for the night. The purple mist surrounded them all and just as quick as they were there they were gone, with a new pegasus added to their ranks.

( may I be a cadet flyer)

After getting his lunch, he ate on the go. He went to the staff Baracks to get changed. (he does part time gaurd watch to keep his funds high). as he was walking to the Baracks he saw a pony on the ground, knocked out. He ran back just to be interrupted by a pony wearing a skin tight suit. "Who are you?"he demanded. "Oh just some pony " she said evily . She raised her hooves to hit him , but he quickly turned around to kick out with hind-legs her.from that she went flying . The pony countined to run down the hallway shouting for help."HELP,HELP!!!"

Shadow had been asleep for a few minutes when the screams of terror woke him. He shot out of bed and quickly looked around frantically. [colour=#0000cd]"W...what the heck?"[/colour] He quickly got up and trotted outside looking around in the fog. He made his way into the main building not seeing anypony. [colour=#0000cd]"Not ganna lie, this place is pretty dull when you don't see anyone." [/colour] He turned down the hall and saw Flash and trotted over.[colour=#0000cd] "Flash! You hear that scream ma......whoa"[/colour] He stopped in his speaking as he saw the glowing gem. [colour=#0000cd]"..When did they get that"[/colour] He shook his head as he remembered why he had left the barracks. [colour=#0000cd] "Flash, you hear that scream? I couldn't find where it came from."[/colour]

CloudDasher looked up from her food "[colour=#add8e6]Probably just some-pony who nearly hit the ground... They shouldn't be flying in this fog..[/colour]" She said. She sighed and turned to FlashBomb "[colour=#add8e6]But I guess we should see if their alright.. Lets go[/colour]" She got up and trotted out of the mess hall without letting any of them reply.

Bursting through some random doors he dosen't know how he got in to, he saw a pony walking out of the cafitria " hey!" He shouted. "Some pony in a dark suit hurt another pony I need your help!" His voice cracked from the fear.

There was a scream that pierced the foggy ambience. Somepony suggested that it was just a cadet getting too close to the ground, but it felt much more fearful than something as simple as that. He kept seated though, with a slightly panicky expression again. Somepony suddenly burst through the door. He seemed like a cadet. He panicked about somepony getting attacked by a pony in a dark suit. Marble instinctively stood up, and flew to the pony quickly. [colour=#ff0000]"Where'd they go?" [/colour]He asked, as his protective instincts began taking over again.

The Cadet told CloudDasher that some-pony was attacked. "[colour=#add8e6]Heh, Dont worry kid... Ive~[/colour]" Before she could finish her sentence Marble dashed to them nearly bumping into CloudDasher and took control "[colour=#add8e6]HEY... Watch where your flying[/colour]" She said. At this point Angel had trotted over and couldn't help but overhear about the problem at hand. [colour=#800000]Calm down everypony.. We need to organize a search party.. otherwise we will get no where.. Now.. Marble and.. CloudDasher Was it? You two go and try to find the missing cadet.. Ill inform SpitFire.[/colour]" Angel Trotted down the North hall. FlashBomb was there "[colour=#800000]Flash. Did you see anything?[/colour]" To witch he replied no. Angel And FlashBomb parted ways and he continued down the North hall way. He could hear the sound of the ponies searching for the cadet. He was halfway down the hall when he heard FlashBomb scream. He turned and bolted down the hall... Nearly crashing into multiple things.. He found his friend laying on the floor.. "[colour=#800000]Hey.. Flash.. You alright?[/colour]" He asked.. Poking him with his hoof.

Flashbomb turned his head to shadow, [colour=#0000FF]"Hmm? oh i didnt see anything." [/colour]He mutered to Angel snapp, he noticed that shadow was there as well. Cloud dasher came out of the cafeteria and a pony ran up to her. He frantically called for help from her. He looked back to the crystal and examined it some more. he heard Marble run out which then caught his full attention. He nodded to the young Mare with the feather for a cutie mark. He trotted over to the frantic pony and looked at him seriously. [colour=#0000FF]" Lets go check it out, You others can come as well if you wish. Dont want to get lost in the fog." [/colour]He said to them. He saw Lightning dust trot out of the mess hall. " i saw something and now there are screams, Lets go see what happened." She said to them. Without a responce she trotted outside. Flashbomb sighed, [colour=#0000FF]" I swear nothing is dull here." [/colour]He muttered to himself. They had gone outside and looked around. Flash trotted off on his own, he couldnt see anything. He found a large tree and searched there. [colour=#0000FF]"Lightning Dust do you see anything!?"[/colour] He shouted. It was awhile then he heard a faint reply. "No......Nothing Yet!" She replied. Flash shook his head, he should have known it was a prank.

The purple mist arose again. The shadow bolts appeared, They were drawn by the yells. Thunder swift chuckled, [colour=#FF0000]"This will be easier than i thought. Rookie, your time has come."[/colour] He muttered to The corrupted cadet. The cadet nodded and vanished into the mist. Thunder swift picked out a lone Blue coated pony with a blond mane. [colour=#FF0000]"Fresh blood." [/colour]Thunder muttered. He saw the cadet take his place. He whistled the same dreary whistle that he did before, he readied himself fot the ambush.

Flashbomb heard a whistle nearby, it put him on edge. [colour=#0000FF]"Guys! Over here! I...."[/colour] He was cut off by Hooves on his hind legs. They pulled him down. He tried to yell but was Silenced by Thunder Swift. Flash struggled to get free but Thunder Swift and the corrupted cadet held him down covering his mouth. He activated the mind wipe spell and touched Flash on the forehead.

Flash Felt the spell hit him, All of a sudden his memories of his friends and life melted away. His self will was sapped and he lost control of his own mind. He Felt a force push itself into his mind, What little effort he had, Had started to drain.

Thunder swift heard hoofsteps of the blue pegasus's friends approaching. He had no choice but to bail, He left Flash on the ground out like a light.

The cadet told Marble. Without hesitation, he flew down the hall, going out the door. He hit a wall nearly instantly as he flew off in a random direction he believed to be the barracks. He still couldn't see a thing with the thick fog. Feeling stupid, he turned back, and flew into another wall. [colour=#ff0000]At least it's the wall of the main hall. [/colour]Marble rubbed his head where he hit it, turned to go through the door, and entered again. He went back to the mess hall where everypony else was. [colour=#ff0000]"I don't think I can catch the attackers in this fog..."[/colour]

[colour=#0000cd]"Flash!" [/colour][colour=#000000]Gadget said as he approached the body on the ground. He had heard the scream and decided to try to help the pony who did it but only found Flashbomb's body. [/colour][colour=#0000cd]"Come on flashbomb, Get up! I use a storm cloud as a defibrillator if I have to." [/colour][colour=#000000]He said shaking the unconscious Flashbomb. He thought he heard something out in the distance, something like a...deep voice? Gadget couldn't tell and right now only his friend mattered.[/colour]

There was another scream. This one was much more masculine, and even more familiar. [colour=#ff0000]"Flash!" [/colour]He yelled, flying off to where he heard the screams. The others seemed to hear them as well. He entered the room, ignoring the magnificent magic happening at that moment, and the lovely gem, as he went to Flash. There was something... Wrong with him. He looked fine, but gave off a dark aura. Marble hardly noticed. [colour=#ff0000]"Flash! What happened?" [/colour]He asked, as he crouched down to attempt to help support him if he needed it.