The Academy Chapter 2

Dabom444

Flashbomb heard yet another set of wings behind him, He looked over his shoulder and saw it was Lyria. [colour=#0000FF]"Oh hey Lyria! Nothing much just teaching these cadets some simple weather maneuvers." [/colour]

[colour=#800080]"Need any help? My wings are ready for any go. I'm really hyper right now. Want me to go get something? Want me to clear the skies?" [/colour][colour=#000000]She flapped her wings in impatience. [/colour][colour=#800080]'What can I do?!?!?" [/colour][colour=#000000]The cadets giggled at her hyperness. She looked at them, then back at Flashbomb. [/colour][colour=#800080]"I can show them how to clear the skies quickly. I need to excersize my wings!!! Give me an destination. Give me a errand to run, er, fly. ANYTHING!!!!!"[/colour]

Angel nodded to Flashbomb. Lyria landed short after "[colour=#800000]There practicing Special FX's, Looks simple enough, Ive got to go help that lone mare over there though, The group has a odd number of students, so.. Guess Ill help.[/colour]" He told her. Angel nuzzled Lyria and smiled. "[colour=#800000]Ill talk to you in a bit ok?[/colour]" He trotted over the the cadet. She looked up at him, her eyes widened with excitement. "[colour=#add8e6]Your... Your..[/colour]" She stuttered "[colour=#800000]AngelSnapp..[/colour]" He finished her sentence. "[colour=#800000]Whats your problem? Its not like im celestia.[/colour]" He laughed "[colour=#add8e6]No, But your like. The most interesting out of all the wonderbolts. I don't know, Its just, Never mind.[/colour]" She looked at her hooves. Angel looked back at lyria. "[colour=#800000]You could help me and[/colour]" He turned back to the recruit. [colour=#800000]"Whats your name again?[/colour]" She looked up and smiled "[colour=#add8e6]My name is CloudDasher[/colour]" She smiled

CloudDasher looked at lyria "[colour=#add8e6]Who's...This?[/colour]" She asked. "[colour=#800000]This is Lyria, Shes my special Some-pony.[/colour]" He smiled.

Edited by IIID3LTAIII

Looking around, Marble giggled silently when he noticed that the whole gang was back that day. Shadow seemed to beckon them down, so Marble naturally flew down. [colour=#ff0000]"Hey Shadow." [/colour]He greeted him. While their first meeting wasn't exactly great, Marble not being good with new ponies and all, after becoming Wonderbolts they became much more acquainted. [colour=#ff0000]"It's been a while. How're you?"[/colour]

Flashbomb chuckled at Lyria's excitement He was going to respond soon but she was called over by Angel. Flashbomb turned his head and continued to help the 2 cadets. After awhile ofg quick reinstruction and a few crashes It seemed as though the cadets had it down. That is until the black colt who was spinning around the cloud lost it and crashed into Flash. Flashbomb landed with an oof and chuckled. [colour=#B22222]"Oh my Celestia are you ok? Im so sorry Flash dont hate me." [/colour]The colt yelped and scurried off of Him. Flashbomb got up still chuckling He rubbed the cadets red mane [colour=#0000FF]"You will get the hang of it no worries." [/colour]He said to him with a smile. The cadet nodded and returned to his partner. Flash watched from a distance. [colour=#0000FF]"Now remember lad that its all in the control, not so much the speed. Just focus and you will get it." [/colour]he Advised. The cadet nodded again and Tried it again this time succeeding and showering the area around him in a wonderfull rainbow. Flashbomb applauded him. [colour=#0000FF]"Excellent job!" [/colour]He said to him. He continued to watch the other cadets to make sure they were getting it.

[colour=#0000cd]"Meh. I know we came here to be wonderbolts and I should be really grateful and excited for it...but I just don't feel that way. Is it just me or are you feeling the same way?"[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Gadget asked his friend.[/colour]

The black coated stallion smiled and gave Marble a small hoof bump as a greeting.[colour=#0000cd] "Iv been rather well, and your right its been quite a while. I got asked to come here by spitfire, so just kinda waiting for orders and all ya know?"[/colour] He grinned looking at the mare he was with. [colour=#0000cd]"I see you two are quite close now"[/colour] he teased as he watched the cadet lose control and crash into Flashbomb bringing a pale of laughter from Shadow. He answered Gadget then [colour=#0000cd]"I can understand what you mean, when i first earned my rank and was placed it wasn't all that different but after getting to travel so much in such a short time, help other ponies, and get to create new beats and rythems all the time its got its perks"[/colour] He grinned and added [colour=#0000cd]"plus we don't have to listen to[/colour][colour=#ff8c00] "Get over here maggots, step in line![/colour][colour=#0000cd]" [/colour]he said the last part in a voice perfectly matching Spitfire's and added a few of her facial expressions with it.

When Shadow gave a light teasing about Marble and Lightning, he blushed at first, but then felt the urge to nuzzle her. Gadget seemed to come out of nowhere. Or Marble just didn't see him there, whichever one. He said something about not feeling as excited for the Wonderbolts as he expected, and asked if they shared the feeling. [colour=#ff0000]"Well... Maybe it's not like most ponies glorify it to be. But now... Well, my life is much better. I remember before, nopony ever noticed me... Even though I worked so hard..." [/colour]Marble paused for a moment to wipe away some tears welling up in his eyes. [colour=#ff0000]"But it's all better now! I'm getting the appreciation I always wanted. It's definitely... Nice."[/colour]

Lightning dust kept quiet and let the others converse She blushed when Marble nuzzled her. She looked over and Saw Flash set a cadet straight. She smiled, She enjoyed the fun everypony was having. She heard Spitfire call in the class, She had looked the cadets over and said a few things about the lesson that Flashbomb had presided over. She then dissmissed the class and they flew seperate directions. One cadet seemed to stay with Angel snapp, They looked as though they were bonding well. Flashbomb came over to the group and with out warning Nudged Marble playfully. [colour=#0000FF]"How have you been bud? Havent seen you in a long while. Same cant be said for your amazing art!" [/colour]He smiled to Marble as he reconnected with his friend. Lightning dust lay down on the grass crossing her forehooves.

After explaining several thing to some of the cadets, Flashbomb flew over and joined their reunion. [colour=#ff0000]"I've been cool!" [/colour]He told Flash, as he blushed when he called his art amazing. [colour=#ff0000]"I-it's not THAT great..." [/colour]He tried acting humble. He wouldn't even admit to himself that he enjoyed the attention. [colour=#ff0000]"How've you been? You and your Flashboom have been all the talk of Cloudsdale recently."[/colour]

Flashbomb nodded [colour=#0000FF]"Only a little... It hasnt been to amazing lately, The mask that i use is kinda worn out and i gotta get it fixed. I dont have a fanbase like you do though!" [/colour]He complimented him. He smiled to Lightning dust. [colour=#0000FF]"So, How is your relationship going? If you dint mind me asking." [/colour]He inquired. Lightning dust smiled." Oh no problem at all, Its been good.... been fine." She responded to him with a slight blush. Flashbomb nodded and Looked back to Marble.

Marble blushed more as he mentioned Marble's fanbase. Marble quite enjoyed his fans. The fun thing about being in the media team was that most ponies new his name, and absolutely worshipped it, but not many knew his actual face. It made it easy to go undercover and be with fans as if he was one too, and find out how much they liked him. Of course, he'd always be discovered eventually, and then he'd be mobbed my strangers. He laughed as he remembered those memories, then returned to reality. Flashbomb asked how his and Lightning's relationship was. [colour=#ff0000]"It's been good! I think. We're taking it slow, as you'd expect. I'm still a bit unsure about some things, but I'm getting use to it. I think." [/colour]He pulled Flashbomb up so he could whisper to him. [colour=#FF0000]"I've been thinking though... I mean... Maybe I could ask her... You know..." [/colour]Even just whispering it to him made him nervous. He had been saving up to get a special gift for a special request for her, but he knew it would probably be taking it too fast. He still always had his mind on it though, and wanted to see if Flash could help him. [colour=#FF0000]"M-marriage..." [/colour]Even at the lack of distance between them, it would probably be tough to hear the noise Marble made. [colour=#FF0000]"I mean... What else is there to do? We've seen each others families, and... Known each other a while... I just... Think it might be time to speed things up. Is there something else I'm suppose to do before... I ask?"[/colour]

Flashbomb Leaned in when marble told him to. When he heard about his plans his eyes widened. He stepped back and saw that Lightning dust was looking at them with a raised eyebrow. Flashbomb grabbed marble, [colour=#0000FF]"Excuse me a sec everypony ive got to have marble look at the Mountain i want him to carve my face into....yea..." [/colour]He said with a chuckle. He flew up to a cloud and landed with Marble. He made sure Lightning dust wasnt following and turned to his friend. He pulled his goggles above his eyes to let the orange tint of them show. [colour=#0000FF]"Wow....you want to marry her." [/colour]He said with seriousness. He then smiled, [colour=#0000FF]"Thats great Marble! you two are perfect for eachother." [/colour]He patted him on the shoulder. [colour=#0000FF]"When are you going to pop the question?"[/colour]

Marble was a bit worried when he saw Flashbomb's wide eyes. He quickly was able to find an excuse for them to fly off. Marble flew up on a cloud with him, and Flash seemed enthusiastic about the idea. [colour=#ff0000]"I'm not really sure. I still have a bit of saving up to do to buy an engagement necklace for her [/colour]('cause rings are too mainstream). [colour=#ff0000]I could make her one I guess, but even then, that would take time and money. I'm just... I feel like I'm rushing it a bit? I don't really know. I haven't even read a romance novel before, let alone, been in a relationship." [/colour]He looked up at Flash as he prepared for the question he really needed answered. [colour=#ff0000]"Do you know what I'm SUPPOSE to do next? Or at least know somepony who does?"[/colour]

Flashbomb stared at Marble as he confessed his feelings about what to do. Then he brought up what he Supposed he was supposed to do next. Flash looked sideways and down trying to think. He Never had gotten married and had no idea what to do when the Question popped up. He decided to wing it and give the best Awnser he could give. [colour=#0000FF]"Dude.....Honestly i dont know. She.....She is perfect for you in so many ways. She loves you alot... and i know this because of just the way she acts around you. I beleive that you Follow your heart and hers will follow suit. I would Try and find a cloud or a great place where you to had a bonding situation or shared a memory or moment with eachother. You could look at the night sky, Have a nice little dinner or whateves. Then when she is showing her Affection for her.....pop the question. Im 100% sure she will say yes."[/colour]He said to Him. He put his hoof on his shoulder yet again. [colour=#0000FF]"As i said before, She is in love with you Marble. I dont know what happened between you two but i believe that it was beautiful. You two are meant to be. I saw that ever since you got together. You have my support if you need it." [/colour]He said with a smile. He couldnt help but hug his friend. He released it and patted him on the back. He leaned back and relaxed.

(kind of corny but i think this is good.)

Flashbomb gave another helpful lecture to Marble. Although it was rather cheesy, Marble, like the last few times, found it very helpful. He began thinking about what Flashbomb said. [colour=#ff0000]A place where he had a bonding situation... A moment with each other... [/colour]While his thoughts drifted off, his eyes wandered down towards a nearby rainbow waterfall. [colour=#ff0000]Maybe... I don't know... I'll have to think more later. [/colour][colour=#ff0000]"Sorry to hold you up, I guess I should let you get back to the cadets." [/colour]He finally stood up, and stretched his wings preparing to fly off. [colour=#ff0000]"And... Thanks. I don't think we'd be like this if you didn't help me." [/colour]He gave Flash another hug before flying back down to the others. [colour=#ff0000]"Perhaps after I carve your face in it, we could rename it Flash Mountain." [/colour]He pretended to suggest, to go along with his story from earlier.

Angel turned to the sky "[colour=#800000]That looks like a good one, Here let me grab it." [/colour]He flew up, CloudDasher looked over at Lyria, She looked at her, studying her features and eyes. Then she let out a simple "[colour=#add8e6]Lucky[/colour]" Angel returned with the cloud. "[colour=#800000]You want to take it from here Lyria?[/colour]" He asked her.

Flashbomb watched his friend go, He couldnt believe that Marble was jumping into marraige. He smiled warmly though and felt happy for him. He flew off of the cloud and landed on the ground. He trotted over to his Small saddle bag and rifled through it. He heard hoof steps behind him and heafrd a familiar voice.[colour=#FFD700] [/colour][colour=#DAA520]"Good job teaching that class, You got a knack for this sort of thing it seems." [/colour]Spitfire spoke to him. Flashbomb smiled to himself,[colour=#0000FF] "Yea i just dont see myself doing this every day though." [/colour]He said as he continued to look through his bag. He pulled out the beat up scratched remains of his old Flight mask that Lyria's sister had Fabricated for him. Spit fire trotted next to him to get a better look at it. [colour=#DAA520]"Whats this you have here? May i see?" [/colour]She inquired him. Flashbomb handed it to her, She looked it over dumbfounded to what it could be. [colour=#0000FF]"Its a Flight mask. Lyria's sister made it for me. It helps me preform sonic booms." [/colour]He explained to her. [colour=#DAA520]"Wow... really? Why?" [/colour]She asked him as she looked inside the mask. Flashbomb hit a sweet spot on the mask causing what little remains of magic energy it held to Flicker the altimeter and the other hud displays on. It flickered very faintly and Popped a bit. [colour=#0000FF]"It stops the effects of the Flashboom, You see what it does to ponies."[/colour] He muttered to her. Spitfire flipped it around in amazement and handed it over. [colour=#DAA520]"Its a shame that its broken." [/colour]She admitted to him. She cleared her throat,[colour=#DAA520]" Well anyways its time for you to be assigned a student for you to mentor." [/colour]She said to flash. She looked over to Shadow and saw that he was there too. [colour=#DAA520]"Go fetch Shadow and meet me in my office in 10 it will be all set up for when you two arrive."[/colour]She said to him. Spitfire flew away to the main building. Flash messed with the mask a bit more and decided to just hook it around his neck for now. He trotted twoards Shadow.

Shadow had been watching the class but was now taking it easy, his saddle bag next to him and his goggles around his neck he lay on a cloud his hooves behind his head. [colour=#0000cd]"Man, nothing like nice puffy cloud to lay on"[/colour] He smiled to himself as his raven hair blew slightly with the cool wind, it was warmer above the fog than it had been in it, and as he enjoyed the warm places he made this his resting spot. He had fallen asleep for a short time but woke up when his stomach started to growl and he sighed.[colour=#0000cd] "I wonder if the mess is open?" [/colour]

CloudDasher trotted passed Lyria, Brushing her tail in her muzzle. "[colour=#add8e6]Im not kid[/colour]" She said taking off, A cloud of dust was left behind from her accent. She grabbed a cloud and squeezed the rain out of it. The mostiare made a rainbow. She landed "[colour=#add8e6]Please, that was easy. I could do that in my sleep[/colour]" She said, Looking at her hoof.

Flashbomb found Shadow and Hollered to him, [colour=#0000FF]"Hey Shadow! Spitfire wants us to go to her office! your in trouble!" [/colour]He joked to him. He trotted with Shadow to the main building to Report to Spitfire. Flashbomb opened the large doors to the main hall. He saw that the main hall was different, It was taller and Had thousands of records on the walls. He trotted up to them and placed his hoof on one. It read " To the strongest of the 34th academy class of the acadamy. Flashbomb." He smiled and stood back to look at the records beside his. He saw Lyria's Marble's And the others. He laughed slightly, he then felt a satisfied tear roll from his eye and fall. He still missed those times. He turned and continued to Spitfire's Office. Him and Shadow had entered the office, Spitfire was sitting down with her hooves crossed on the desk. She took off her sunglasses and smiled, [colour=#DAA520]"Thank you for coming you two. I have brought you here today for two things. One, Flashbomb you need a Student to take under your wing. And Shadow i need to talk to you about your position on the team. Nothing bad just a talk."[/colour] She turned her chair to turn on the intercom. [colour=#DAA520]"Cloud Dasher Report to Spitfire's Office." [/colour]Her voice rang around the Academy for all to hear.

Lightning dust perked her ears at the intercom message. She glanced back to Marble and smiled to him. She was curious though at what Him and Flash had really sponken about. She decided to put it off for now but she would inquire about it later. He got up and streched her wings. "I need some Exersise. Lets fly for awhile Marble. If you would like to."

Spitfire called Flash and Shadow over for something. Marble waved goodbye to them as he trotted back to Lightning. [colour=#ff0000]"Perhaps we can catch up after they're done with work." [/colour]He said to her. She then offered to fly around with him. Marble smirked at her. [colour=#ff0000]"That sounds fun." [/colour]Marble began hovering above the ground as he waited for her to fly up with him. [colour=#ff0000]Hopefully she doesn't ask about Flash...[/colour]