War Thunder

Harv0kz

Anyone heard of or play this game? It's made by the same people who developed the Il-2 Sturmovik series of WW2 flight sims, but made for large-scale multiplayer combat,and eventually will expand to ground and naval combat (it's only open beta,but pretty much anyone can play). The game's technology focuses around WW2-Pre-coldwar. So don't expect missiles and jets. I'm looking around for some flying buddies for what it's worth.

Anyone can play with anyone anywhere, but that's just the game right now, combat isn't very lag-filled either. 380+ ping without random spazzing speaking here.

Linky linky for the interested: http://warthunder.com/

My IGN: Harv0kz

I used to. IGN: PBE_Cmdr_Boreale. Problem is, I'm no good, and I dislike the balance for the game: every Russian plane is so much better than anything else.

Also, apparently the latest patch really broke the flight models for the aircraft, too.

Tis to be expected from a Russian company. That patriotic pride.

Though I fly American/Russian aircraft, I still do somewhat fine. I usually end up top 5-10 on the leaderboard, even if the game itself was lost. The trick with Russians is that their planes just SUCK at turning without pushing their stamina, but I guess that's my deductions.

I guess flyin with G-Tolerance training pays off. I wonder about flight models though, because I haven't been on in a few days, due to bad internet.