A trip to StallionGrad (Open Join!)

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chuckles before offering, "I have a couple extra blankets if anypony needs one." He smiles, happy to be possibly helpful. He scoots as close to the front of the tour as he can.

Flake blushed just slightly at what Whirligig said. True he should have made himself more identifiable..but he figured it wouldn't matter. He would look into getting a new hat soon.

Flake smiled and said, "You have a good point.". He laughed a bit. "But sadly I do not have one. Rotten tourguide aren't I?". He laughed harder this time.

Flake then moved a bit closer to the front. He was about to start but he wanted to make sure everypony was paying attention. Or at least some attention. He too found it easy to get lost in Stalliongrad's wonderment.

7oLky.png

After laughing with Flake about the absence of his hat, Whirligig looks on in mild bemusement as everypony complains about the cold. Saddleblankets and winter coats are brought out. The dark blue one, the last to disembark from the train, offers up his extra blankets.

Whirligig considers the offer. The wind does have a bit of a bite to it, but it's nothing that you wouldn't get early on winter morning in Cloudsdale. The city in the sky may not get much in the way of precipitation (too busy making it for the rest of Equestria) but they still got warm and cold fronts.

"Thanks for the offer, I may take you up on that a little later on."

She turns her attention back to Flake, who seems to attempting to call everyone to order so the tour can get started.

"Excuse me, Flake, I hate to be a bother, but do you think you could help me find the weather station? See, I was meant to come with my friend, we've been planning this trip for weeks and when he heard about our trip, the delivery director who is also Merry Day's cousin asked if we would bring along this small order of Rainbows," she motions to her yellow and red saddlebags. "When Days had to cancel because of her sister, I decided to come on my own anyways. I've brought these with me but they're kind of big and I'm sure your local weather team will be eager to receive them.

((OOC: So yesterday when I went through the thread to truly catch up on everything I missed, I noticed Ziggy gave you a tour guide hat. Must've left it on the train. ;) ))

Flake was admiring the city lights and Stalliongrad in general. Flake then turned his attention back to Whirligig. Luckily he managed to hear her whole conversation. She said that she wanted to know where the weather factory was and that she had to deliver some...rainbows? Flake raised one eyebrow and said, [colour=#008080]"R..rainbow?" [/colour]He then stopped thinking about what ever a rainbow was. He figured he would learn eventually.

Flake then moved closer to the front of the group and said, [colour=#008080]"I'd love to show you where the weather factory is![/colour]" He laughed a bit and then said, [colour=#008080]"Dah. Your delivery does not have a certain time it has to be delivered by correct?" [/colour]Flake needed to know if these..."rainbows" had to be delivered either right now...or later today. Flake was trying to base his tour off of this. Besides..he was ready to start this tour anyways.

7oLky.png

Whirligig noticed Flake's hesitation at the word rainbow. She had thought it was an odd order. Maybe there was a new pony in charge of the weather in Stalliongrad who was hoping to add some colour to what was otherwise a very white and barren landscape. "Yes, Rainbows. I don't imagine they make many of them out here, probably why the director didn't send an actual delivery pony. But no, I don't suppose it does matter when they get delivered. We mostly just ship snow up here, as you can see. Did you know that we hoof-make every snowflake in the factories of Cloudsdale? I probably made several hundred of the ones you're looking at right now."

She stops for the first time to admire the city. The old, industrial architecture of the train station was grey and looming, but there were also several more modern buildings. And the crowds weren't just ponies; she could see a pair of griffons on one street, a small blue dragon chatting with an earth pony at the end of the platform, and over the tracks she could see a zebra chatting with a pink Pegasus as they entered a small corner store. Everything was of course covered in a light dusting of snowflakes making the scene quite a beautiful one.

"There's so much more diversity here than there is in Cloudsdale. We only have Pegasi," she breathes to nopony in particular.

Flake glanced over at the falling snowflakes. [colour=#008080]"Hoof made? Impressive." [/colour]He smiled and chuckled. Flake moved around a bit and said, [colour=#008080]"Well if you all are ready then let's start this tour." [/colour] Flake then trotted to the very front of the group and started to trot towards the streets. He saw a few griffons and a dragon chatting with each other. He was used to those kinds of creatures by now. There were lots of them in Stalliongrad.

Flake then kept trotting and eventually found a very Stalliongrad stereotypical building. The building had no real significance but he just wanted to point it out. He stopped and pointed his hoof at the building. [colour=#008080]"Dah. This building serves no significance on our tour but I just wanted to point out that you will need to get accustomed to these types of buildings."[/colour] He then trotted closer to the building. He was admiring its architecture. Flake then turned to look at all of the ponies and smiled at them.

[colour=#cc66ff]"Okay? That's a building, alright!" [/colour][colour=#000000]Speed Heliotrope then trots, since he was getting a little bit behind in the tourist crowd. [/colour][colour=#cc66ff]"It's probably a bit early for this tour since we haven't reached that part yet, but what are some of the restaurants here? I'm getting hungry."[/colour]

Dusky smiles at Whirligig and says, "Whenever you want one just ask." He notices the group begins to move and trots hastily to keep pace on his stubby legs. This was going to be a workout for the young stallion. He listens closely to the guide as he tells them about an unimportant building.

((sorry for being absent,been a really busy bee lately :( ))

Before following along for the tour,Zig flew into the train quickly and got the hat that she had made for Flake.She flew back and saw the building,she flew up behind Flake and gently placed the hat on his head. Zagg looked at the sights[colour=#800000],"Wow.." [/colour]She said aloud as Zig landed next to her.

((sorry for being absent,been a really busy bee lately :( ))

[i swear, that OOC message seems to give me a deja vu. Maybe it's just me.]

As the tour went on, Speed kept going between trotting and running. [colour=#cc66ff]"My, oh my...I could use a bite of something right now. Oh well, maybe I should take a few snacks to keep myself up and running." [/colour]

7oLky.png

Whirligig paused to admire the architecture. It was so dark and, she shuddered, solid. She flew up to the building and touched it gently with her hoof. She knew full well it wouldn't have the same springy quality of a cloud, but it's hardness still astonished her. The stone walls of the looming industrial buildings were even more intimadating to the Cloudsdallian pegasus as the solid ground.

I think I liked it better in the pictures, she thought to herself. She turned back to the others, only to discover that suddenly Flake was wearing a Tourguide hat. It looked homemade, with the word stretched along the front in big blue capital letters. Whirligig smiled. "Nice hat!" she told him.

Flake noticed that Zig had come up to him. He had no idea what she did so he just assumed she did nothing. He went on to trotting along the streets slowly so the tour could stay with him.

Flake then heard Whirligig come up to him and say, "Nice hat.". Flake looked at her with a strong look of confusion and said, "What?". He then looked up and noticed that he was wearing that same hat Zig gave him earlier. Flake let out a sigh and smiled. He kept the hat on and said, "Well. I got my hat.". He chuckled a bit.

Flake then turned back towards the city and said, "Anyways. Moving on. Stalliongrad is one of the coldest places in all of Equestria". He glanced back at all of the ponies. "As you all can tell.". He smiled and then kept trotting. He spotted a few other ponies and shouted some things in a different language to them and laughed. He then looked back at the group. "Stalliongrad is one of the most diverse cities when it comes to species. We have ponies and dragons and griffons and others even!". He smiled at the group.

As everypony was walking, the smell of cake was in the cold air. It wasn't even close to the smell of cake baking in the oven, but it was still the smell of cake. [colour=#cc66ff]"Hmmmm...is that cake I smell? Mmmm! No, really. Where is that smell coming from, maybe it's from one of those buildings somewhere?"[/colour]

Dreamy was trying to mind his own business. He was trying not to think about how weird riding six string was. Then the unicorn digs into a pouch and voila more cake! Dreamy tries his best to not laugh. Failing miserably as Speed starts commenting on cake smell. His attempts in vain as he bursts into a fit of; extremely masculine, giggles!

Whirligig tries not to laugh at the rather comical sight of Dusty Dreams riding on the back of another stallion and fixedly turns her attention back to the tour guide as the group keeps moving. She follows along in midair, always remaining a few feet off the ground so as not to dirty her boots.

The gently falling snowflakes go unnoticed by most of the other ponies - it's just part of the scenery, after all. But to her, hours and hours of hard work are drifting to the ground around her. She spots a few flakes that definitely were made by Snowstripe - her impeccable technique was unmistakable. And Frostflake's were also just as impressive (those two actually had cutie marks in snowflake shaping). She saw some of Northern Lights's works as well, and that one was Eastra's, and those two belonged to Parasol. Every once in a while she spotted one of her own designs and felt a small surge of pride.

Stalliongrad was Cloudsdale's main consumer of Snowflakes - always the first to order snowflakes in the fall and the last group to cease orders in the spring. So she knew exactly what Flake was talking about when he said that it was the coldest city in Equestria. She had also noted previously the high diversity of the town's population. It was still such a foreign concept to her, seeing young griffons socializing with Zebras (originating from such a warm climate, how could the zebras possibly stand the cold?), cattle and ponies alike. She even spotted a funny looking dog-like creature with gems on his collar and vest down one street. And dragons! Whirligig had always thought dragons to be dangerous.

"Are they safe? The dragons, I mean? They won't burn the place down with their fire breath or try to eat the foals, will they?" she asked Flake rather nervously.

Flake still had his head in front of the group. But when he turned his head back around he saw the pony riding on the others back and how they were talking about..cake? Flake chuckled a bit and was surprised at what he saw. He was not expecting that at all.

Flake then kept trotting and admiring the city. He then heard Whirligig's voice speak up again. She asked him if the dragons were dangerous or not or if they would eat the foals. Flake chuckled and right when he opened his mouth the speak a snowflake fell on his face. It landed on his nose. He laughed at it and then shook it off.

"No! No no no. The dragons here a very very friendly!". He smiled and then looked over at one of the dragons. He was speaking to Whirligig but he wasn't looking at her. "Here watch this.". He the took a small step towards one of the dragons and said, "Hey!". The dragon turned to Flake and then the two started to have a conversation in Russian((assuming that since this is Stalingrad lol))

Flake ended the conversation with laughter and turned back to Whirligig. "See?". He shrugged happily and laughed again.

Flake then figured he should get the tour going. He needed to show a famous restaurant, that art museum and certain other things. He was a bit nervous though. But then Flake spotted something. He saw the large rotunda buildings that were towering above the streets and other buildings. Flake smiled and stopped and pointed at the rotundas. "Those buildings are usually only really seen in Stalliongrad.". He smiled at the group. "Those buildings are actually connected to the building where the chancellor, president, mayor, whatever you want to call him/her carry out their business and help run this place.". He smiled happily again. He always felt like a bad tour guide. Then again...he had only done this a few times. His cutie mark wasn't in tour guiding anyways. He was a librarian. Flake let out a tiny sigh and looked down at his cutie mark. Which was a book with a snowflake on the cover. He then sighed happily.

As Zig and Zag continued to trot along,they were lightly bumoing onto eachother's sides playfully,flinching everytime a pony spoke up,causing them to let out giggles. Then they heard of cake,then more laughter,which only caused them to laugh even harder than they were before.