A trip to StallionGrad (Open Join!)

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7oLky.png

Whirligig didn't much like the ground. The solid, permanence of the earth daunted her. It was solid and unforgiving and so very hard. Clouds were constantly changing. They were springy and forgiving and easily moved and moulded. She worked in the weather factory on more than one occasion and cloud making was refreshingly simple and pliable. She knew where they came from and how they were made. The origins of the soil was a mystery to her.

That being said, she was slowly becoming used the idea of solidness beneath her hooves. Her friends in Cloudsdale were always encouraging her to leave the sky for a daytrip here or an excursion there. Having a brother living in Ponyville helped, of course. Her close friend Merry Day had been meant to accompany her to Stalliongrad this weekend, but had to cancel at the last minute leaving Whirligig alone at the last minute. Her saddlebags were filled with Rainbows - when the factory manager heard she was planning a weekend trip to the town, he had insisted she take with her a couple of cans that Stalliongrad's weather ponies had ordered. This meant that Whirligig felt obligated to go.

She knew Ponyville quite well. She had visited Canterlot once before, and Trottingham twice. But she had never been this far north before, let alone this far north on her own. The landscape was strange and unfamiliar, but mingled with her anticipation and uncertainty was an adventurous excitement. If she didn't love Cloudsdale so much; if she didn't simply adore living and working in the city in the sky then perhaps she would venture out of her home more often.

The weather ponies had created a marvelous air current this afternoon, and a flight that ought to have taken hours was much quicker once Whirligig found the wind and settled herself into its steady circuit. She was practically gliding on the southerly breeze as it carried her along the Delamare towards the bay.

As the clouds shifted and the ground slowly drifted in and out of her view, she noticed the ribbon of shining steel stretching towards the town and saw the locomotive barreling swiftly along. She had never ridden a train before and found herself wondering what it would be like to be inside one of those rapidly moving cars. She didn't think she would much fancy being boxed in like that, limited to the confines of the carriage which in turn can only go where the tracks lead, but it would be fun; a new experience for her.

Smiling to herself, she bent her head down and carried herself to the ground.

Laughs out loud at the mane related antics. Even throws in a pestering, "OoooOoOOh!" when Saronyx helps Zag. Chuckles at himself as he tosses a spare blanket from his saddlebag over Six String.

Flake had stayed quiet through most of the whole ride.

He assumed he would be doing a lot of talking once they got into Stalliongrad. Or he could do little talking. He had no idea.

He just knew he was excited. He glanced out the window and saw the snow slowly built up on the window. He smiled at it. He figured the train would be stopping very soon.

Flake kept his gaze out the window and he saw something. It looked like a Pegasus flying towards the train. Flake rubbed his eyes and focused them on what he saw. But it was still blurry. The light blue unicorn moved his white mane out of his face and looked again. But he had lost whatever he saw.

He sighed and then turned away from the window. He glanced at all of the other ponies as they were chatting amongst each other.

He smiled at all of them.

Zag turned around and saw Zig smiling weirdly,she blushed quickly before hitting her older sister on the arm[colour=#800000],"Get that out of your head!" [/colour]She said,Zig looked at her,amusement flied across her face,before she said[colour=#8B4513]," In the love of Celestia,you actually uncovered your eye!" [/colour]Zag smiled sheepishly[colour=#800000],"I guess so,"[/colour] Zig smiled at her [colour=#800000]sister[/colour][colour=#8B4513],"I'm glad,and now you can see,with both eyes! Plus,now everypony can see your different coloured eyes," [/colour]Zag hit her sister again," I[colour=#800000] don't want them to notice now shush," [/colour]She narrowed her eyes,as did Zig,before they both smiled and chuckled at eachother[colour=#800000],"No,for real,I wasn't kidding though,"[/colour][colour=#8B4513] Okay okay,I understand,"[/colour]

Flake glanced over at the pony that asked him a question and said, "[colour=#008080]Oh..um..I thought I did. But I guess I didn't"[/colour] He chuckled a bit and then turned back to the window for second. He had hoped he would see the thing he thought he saw but he didn't. He then put a smile back on then turned back to the ponies.