Regal Steel [Ready]

RegalSteel

Roleplay Type: World of Equestria

Name: Regal Steel

Sex: Female

Species: Unicorn

Eye colour: Golden yellow

Coat: Steely gray

Mane/Tail: She has a short mane of violet with dark bangs that often fall into her face. Her tail is worn in a loose curl that she does her best to keep immaculate.

Physique: Taller and thinner than an average unicorn.

Residence: Canterlot

Cutie Mark: A dark purple shield surrounded by black curly q's. Regal always had a lot of trouble with her magic from a young age. Whenever she would try to manipulate delicate objects she would break them; fine china, drinking glasses, all destroyed by her telikinetic touch. Nobody understood why she had such a vicelike magical grip. That is until one day her Father returned from duty as a Royal Guard, his armor dented and banged up. While he was away haggling with a local smith. Regal; desperate to help, attempted to "make the armor pretty again" as she put it. When her father returned the armor was not in fact fixed but most likely further damaged, but Regal had found her calling; Blacksmithing.

History: Regal was born to [colour=#b22222]Fleurette[/colour]; a model, and [colour=#696969]Adamant Shield[/colour]; a Royal Guard,[colour=#696969] [/colour]in Canterlot. She has never left the city in her lifetime. She grew up with two loving; if a bit overbearing, parents in a nice house near the palace. She was an energetic little filly, and was a bit of a "tomcolt" for much of her younger life. Preffering to play with the colts than other fillies. She enjoyed making friends, and playing games. As a filly Regal dreamed of being a matchmaker; she was always trying to fix her friends up. Most often her efforts were met with mixed results at best. She tries to help others find their special someponies from time to time and she still ussually just makes a mess. When she was old enough; and out of school, Regal began to apprentice for a local smith. She worked for the Master Smith for quite a few years, learning the ins and outs of the trade. Eventually after quite a few years she managed to save up enough for her own little shop in which she still works now. Regal's Steel and Iron is located on the outskirts of Canterlot.

Character Summary: Regal Steel; Regal to most, is a very polite mare. She loves to meet new ponies whenever she can and does not hold lack of manners against those she meets. She understands that not everyone had a Mother who crammed manners into them as much as they could. She tends to be very calm and collected but gets excited easily when subjects veer to something she enjoys. On occasion she will snort when laughing; a very unladylike sound, and gets very embarrassed. Regal becomes rather clumsy when excited.

She enjoys all things metal and shiny, as well as theater, parties(the fancy kind), sugary snacks, and celebrations of all kinds. She deplores loud music. Regal cannot swim(not sure if that's normal). She also has on many occasions tried her hand at sewing, knitting, crocheting, and all manner of other fabric related crafts; every attempt only ends in ruined fabric and needle stabs. Regal is deathly afraid of Spiders. She also is afraid of train rides(part of why she has never left Canterlot).

Regal spends most of her time working but always makes time to go to the spa regularly. She also frequents other local shops, preferring those that sell sugary goodies. When she can she attends plays at the theater as well as fancy parties. Regal dreams of one day being a Royal Armorer. She has always loved seeing the Royal Guards since she was a little filly.

post-7027-0-90551000-1364856700_thumb.jp

Edited by RegalSteel

Hi there. :)

The app is pretty good. More detail could never hurt, but almost everything that is here is just fine. The one thing that does strike me as odd is the cutie mark story. It doesn't seem particularly feasible that a young, untrained filly would be able to just properly repair plate armor by messing with it. Working with metal isn't an easy thing to do, and I just have a hard time seeing a young pony both knowing what to do and having the strength to do it on the own. You should alter the cutie mark story some to make it more reasonable.

As I said, more detail could never hurt elsewhere, particularly in the history. Anything you could add to tell us more about Regal's life. It's just a little short and non-descriptive as it is. For instance, he has armor so we're to assume her father is a royal guard right? it doesn't really say. Just give us a somewhat fuller picture of the character's story and it should be fine.

Other than that, I'm really liking the character. Hope we can stamp her soon. :)

Thank you very much for the input Phil. I will definitely take some time to flesh out Regal's history further & edit her cutie mark origins some. I have had a nagging voice in the back of my head telling something was off on the app but could not pinpoint it.

Glad to hear you like her.

Made some edits. Writers block is wreaking havoc with me though. :scream:

• Cutie Mark story is more feasible yet still more or less the same basic concept.
  • Added to the history as well but it is still a bit short.
  • Fixed spelling/Grammar issues in a few places.