The Labyrinth Castle [PM to join]

Sunshine

Thread Rules

1. Make sure your character fits in the canonical MLP universe, or is at least close to something that would be seen in the show.
  2. As stated in the Title, please PM me before joining
  3. Please wait your turn when responding.
  4. Have fun :3

This RP takes place in an elaborate maze constructed by Queen Chrysalis herself. In order to make this thread work, I had to take the liberty putting any character who is a participating in a similar scenario. It shouldn't be something that forces any out of character behavior, though, so feel free to just react as you think your character would react given their situation. Meeting up with other ponies is not only optional, but encouraged. I'm hoping this could be a possible bonding experience as the ponies go through the twists and turns that Chrysalis has planned.

Hope this turns out well!

Once again the queen stood, gazing outward to the sea of blue orbs that stared back to her. They all expected something, a speech, a command, anything to guide them through action and motivation. Despite being a creature of change, Chrysalis was quite predictable to her own species. She stood tall on her balcony overlooking the vast amount of changelings that inhabited her kingdom. With her chest out and her head high she delivered a speech that could move mountains.

[colour=#006400]"Subjects, today we shall begin our revenge on Equestria! Ponies may have stopped our plans before, but each time we have gotten closer and closer to our goal. This time we will gain what is owed to us. Their land and their castles will become our homes, their streets will be riddled with swarms of our species. All of ponykind will be drained of their love, and we will rise above all as the most powerful species in the world!" [/colour]The queen's wings fluttered with adrenaline and she hovered above her balcony. [colour=#006400]"We will prove to them that they are not as powerful as they think they are, that their bonds can form and break as easily as any other. We will prove that without their precious Elements of Harmony, ponies are nothing but prey for us changelings to feed off of!" [/colour]

After finishing her speech the mass of changelings livened with the sounds of chirps and buzzing. They appeared to be as excited as she was about what they were going to do. Chrysalis' eyes scanned the crowd with a fanged smile. Even after all this time, and all her failures, she still had the charisma to rally her kingdom. It was something that she knew she could be proud of.

[colour=#006400]"With our labyrinth, we shall show these ponies what it is that we are truly capable of!" [/colour]The queen let out a soft chuckle, [colour=#006400]"now let's not keep our beloved guests waiting." [/colour]

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

The Labyrinth is the newly conquered territory that changelings re-purposed for their own evil doings. It is a mess of stairs, some leading to doors, others to hallways, some even leading to more stairs. Their destinations, though at first random, can be learned if explored enough. However, even one who has seen quite a few oddities may be surprised to see that some of the staircases are hanging from the ceiling, and are just as easily traversable.

Various doors lead to various locations. Some may be filled with dangers, others may lead to what your heart desires most. Which ones are which could be any one's guess. The unfortunate souls chosen for this maze are merely average citizens of Equestria. Ponies of any species were abducted at random to be put through this little experiment, not only because some may become a source of love for them to drain, but just for the entertainment of ponies bonding or possibly even arguing. Ever since putting Twilight and her friends through their tensions, Chrysalis found herself yearning to recreate that magic..

[colour=#006400]"Wake up, my pretties,"[/colour] the queen said in a whisper, her voice echoing throughout the labyrinth to her unconscious victims. [colour=#006400]"It's time to play a little game."[/colour] She cleared her throat and spoke up a little more, [colour=#006400]"allow me to introduce myself. I am the great and powerful ruler of the changeling race...but many of you may know me as the one and only Queen Chrysalis. I formally welcome you to my humble abode; it is truly an honor to have such prestigious creatures walking through my castle. Nopony has set hoof in here since the Elements of Harmony themselves, so excuse the dust and cobwebs."[/colour] The malicious creature was smiling wider than she had in a while.

[colour=#006400]"Now, I know that many of you may be wondering why I have brought you here. The truth is, you were lucky enough to be chosen to participate in an activity that I have been planning for quite some time. You will find your way, either alone or with friends that you meet, through the various stairs and hallways I have put in place just for you. The doors you find may be worth looking through...for one of them will lead to your freedom. The first pony that finds said door will be allowed to go free. If you fail to escape, or simply give up, then you need not fret. I will send some of my guards to personally see you out of my labyrinth."[/colour]

Chrysalis laughed, then drew in a breath, [colour=#006400]"oh how like me to ramble while you ponies have choices to make. Don't let me keep you from beginning your search. Remember, I will be watching."[/colour]

[colour=#006400]Wake up, my pretties,"[/colour]

A White Pegasus mare's ears twitched, and her eyes slowly opened, emerald green pupils looking in front of her.

[colour=#0000ff]"W-what...?" [/colour]her voice came out like a croak, and just as she planned to say more, that voice continued.

She heard it introduce herself, and mention the Elements of Harmony.

[colour=#0000ff]"Queen.. Chrysalis...Elements...?" [/colour]Her mind was still starting to work, and what she heard wasn't making sense.

Eventually, the voice vanished, leaving the mare with just herself and her thoughts.

[colour=#0000FF]"O-ok, so, i've been kidnapped by..Changlings..and now i have to wander a maze.....Ok...keep your cool Lightning..Don't freak out....don't panick..."[/colour]

Despite what she was telling herself, she had started to take short, sharp breaths and moving her head around, looking at the stone walls around her.

Slowly, she started walking backwards, out of the corridor she had been in, and turned the corner. Closing her eyes, she rested against the stone wall, trying to get her breathing under control