Roleplay Type: World of Equestria

Name: Keyframe

Sex: Male

Species: Pegasus

Eye colour: Green

Coat: Blue

Mane/Tail: Powder Blue / Icy Blue

Physique: Small, relatively fit.

Keyframe's physical stature is fairly delicate by comparison to some Stallions. His features are well-rounded and soft, giving him a very youthful glow.

Residence: Manehatten

Occupation: Vaudeville Entertainment - "Keyframe's Magic Moving Pictures".

Keyframe makes a living by traveling around Equestria to sell his vaudeville act, Magical Moving Pictures. It's a difficult life that does not lend itself to great wealth, but nevertheless, it is his destiny. The act consists of flying in a circle to produce a localized whirlwind. The wind moves Keyframe's drawings in a rapid circle, providing the illusion of motion. It functions like a Zoetrope. As such, the animation is very simplistic.

Cutie Mark: A picture frame with a key in the middle.

History:

Keyframe was born on a cactus farm in the Painted Pinto Desert. His mother was a painter, whereas his father earned his keep as a rough and tumble cactus farmer. The story of how the two met served as a natural influence for Keyframe throughout his youth, providing him with the inspiration to become a traveling artist / adventurer. His mother, Lilac Blush, encountered his father, Cactus Jack, while searching for a fabled cactus known for having the most beautiful flowers in the desert.

As a young foal, Keyframe showed little interest in the hard labor of his father. He chose, instead, to spend his time exploring the land around their farm to uncover interesting pieces of nature. He took an interest in his mother's painting, and ultimately set out to train as an artist with her.

Cutie Mark Story -

During Keyframe's foalhood, the family farm fell onto hard times. Keyframe was enlisted to help his father around the farm, much to his dismay and to the family peace. The tension grew worse when a debt collector threatened to take the farm were the debt not settled by the end of the week. Ashamed that there was nothing he could do to help his family, Keyframe ran away from home during the night. While traversing the desert, he witnessed a dust devil winding across the land. Flowers had been caught in its path, and when the petals spun about, the illusion of something very beautiful caught his eye. Inspired by this vivid sight, Keyframe experimented with his drawings, creating a series of them which played like motion when spun in a circle very fast. He ventured to one of the nearby rustic towns, and sold his act as Keyframe's Magical Moving Pictures. In such a small town, the act was mystifying. It became a mild success, and provided the funds for Keyframe to save his family's farm. His cutie mark appeared shortly thereafter.

Later History - Present -

After the issue with his family's farm was resolved, Keyframe began to focus on his life's ambition. He wanted to travel the world, bringing joy to everypony with his work. With the hesitant support of his family, he set out for Manehatten --- the city where dreams come true --- in hopes of making a name for himself. His Magical Moving Pictures have not brought him fame, nor fortune, but to this day he continues to perform around Manehatten and Equestria in an attempt to share his joy with everypony.

Character Summary:

Keyframe is a humble pony from a small corner of settled west. His demeanor reflects that ten-fold. He is the sort of pony who finds everything around him beautiful, mysterious, and worthy of love. While outwardly optimistic, and genuinely cheerful, he is often subject to the fear of failure. There is an ever present need to succeed. In particular, he strives to make his family proud of him and the work that he does.

Overwhelmingly nice, and hospitable, Keyframe wants nothing more than to see everypony around him smiling. Unfortunately, this means that he tends to be a bit of a doormat. While not inherently shy, Keyframe is deathly afraid of confrontation. He did not inherit his father's rough-and-tumble attitude. Thus, he is often timid in the presence of assertive company. He enjoys quick-paced activities, and exploration. In particular, he loves plant life, having grown up with a scarcity of it on his family's farm.

Likes - Art, Cactus Flower Pudding, Flying, Wind, Wide Open Spaces, Music, Dancing.

Dislikes - Large Crowds, Aggression, Pickled Vegetables or Fruit.

Edited by Keyframe

;3; I'm not exactly sure how to edit my topic title, so forgive me for the multi-posts. I'm following info I found in the Questions and Answer section about it, and it said I need 3 or more posts to edit my title (seems a little inconvienent, if it's true).

Keyframe, you have to have more than 3 posts on the site, not in this topic :) To edit your title, click the Edit box on your application post, then click the "Use Full Editor" button. I'm going to report your extra posts here, but don't worry, that won't count against you.

Eep! Thank you very much for the clarification. I'd spent a good half hour trying to figure out how to edit my post title when I came across that help topic. It was a little vague, so I assumed it was per topic, not the site over-all, which makes much more sense. I should have figured, given I jumped the gun a little on writing out an rp application. ha. Thank you, though. I'm really appreciative.

• 4 weeks later...