The Revolution Saga, Part Two: Invasion OOC (Open for Applying!)

"This has been a difficult few years for myself...indeed, a distressing time for all of Equestria. Six years ago, the land we once knew was ravaged, forever warped by the swaying tides of revolution and change. The Principality is gone, replaced by newer ideals and greater technology. Many of Equestria's old cities and towns are either gone or rebuilt, and even more new settlements are made every day. Equestria is no longer the wild, untamed wilderness it once was...but is now under control, touched by the hoof of civilization. The legacies left behind by the Revolution shall remain for centuries, if not millenia, to come. While many know what had transpired during that unfortunate period, you may not...so I shall inform you, so that you may understand.

It was shortly after the Canterlot Royal Wedding when questions began to be spoken amongst the Equestrian populace. Inquiries as to how the current government could defend the entire nation, if it cannot protect its own capital; or why the Principality holds back the advancement of technology and magic, demanding control over many aspects of civilian life. I, myself, had similar thoughts, but I never voiced them. It was during this time that a mysterious, age-old society emerged from the shadows of the criminal underworld...the New Equestrian Order. Born from loyalists of a kingdom long forgotten, they sought vengeance against the Princesses for their brutal take-over of Equestria thousands of years ago, and thus waited for a long time for the right moment to strike...the instability caused by the Changeling attacks offered an opportunity they couldn't ignore.

For several months the N.E.O. (New Equestrian Order) gathered followers, preaching a peaceful march toward Canterlot in the hopes of changing the old laws and make government reforms. The N.E.O. knew that the Principality would never submit to such actions...and were glad when the Princesses ignored the protestors and dispersed their crowds with R.E.A. (Royal Equestrian Army) soldiers. With this open intoleration of peaceful assembly, Equestrian dissent towards the Principality grew...until finally Manehatten and Stalliongrad, centers for the growing political movements, seceded from the ruling government. The act of rebellion immediately spurred the Princesses to action...and after a few failed negotiations, the Principality committed its worst atrocity; the Great Purge. When the R.E.A. soldiers abandoned Manehatten and Stalliongrad...all that was left behind was ruined buildings and bloodied streets, corpses piled into bonfires...the sight of such cruelty made my choice for me: I would fight against the Principality.

After searching out and eventually finding the N.E.O., I took the reins of leadership and began preparations for war. The only way the Princesses would see the error of their ways now, would be through greater bloodshed. Thus began the Revolution of Equestria...and a string of terrible battles that would later lead to the destruction of several cities, the Everfree Forest, and Canterlot itself. The war did not end until the Princesses were executed in the ruins of Canterlot, and my thirst for blood quenched. With their deaths came about a new era for Equestria, one that would rise from the ashes of the past and bring about a stronger, greater Equestria. The Grand Equestrian Federation (G.E.F.) was born, and every pony under our jurisdiction was equal, free to do as they wish under the law. A senate was created, and a court system established...it was a glorious rebirth, but was it worth the bloodshed spilt for it? As the chosen leader of the new Federation, I rebuilt Equestria from the new capital of Equinia, squashing all former resistance by royalist fanatics. You may wonder who exactly I am...the mystery is over. My name is Twilight Sparkle, Commander in Chief of the G.E.F., and mistress of Equestria. My word is law, and my strength unrivaled.

On the fifth anniversary of the G.E.F., several events transpired. A purge against the rebel faction known as the Royal Liberation Front (R.L.F.), numerous raids by the mysterious Freelancers, and treason by the Changelings who had allied themselves with the Federation. It wasn't long before I revealed myself to Equestria, and called for a peace conference to put an end to the needless bloodshed. Granted, it ended in the destruction of Equinia at the hands of the rogue Alicorn, Pierrot, but it brought the many factions together to fight against a growing, greater evil.

With Equinia's destruction came the loss of my foal, Azure...even today, my dreams taunt me for what had happened. I will never forgive myself for leaving my foal at the Citadel, even if he was theoretically safer there. For two weeks Equinia was rapidly rebuilt, improved from its original design, along with the forging of the current, fragile alliance between the many factions that exist in Equestria. During this period of stasis and reconstruction came the mysterious pegasus by the name of 'The Prophet of Redemption', spreading propaganda against the Federation and the other factions in Equinia. Eventually, the Prophet had such a hold on the civilians that he practically summoned the leaders of every faction, including myself, to him. Once we had arrived, he revealed himself to be Lunar Cross, former Captain of Princess Luna's guard and a leader amongst the N.E.O. ... of course, I had known that already, for he aided me in founding the Federation, but had disappeared. He spoke of the Alicorn named Pierrot, and a growing army to the far North, which had conquered the Crystal Empire and was expanding its' influence. Shortly after his revelation, Cross disappeared once more...to where, I cannot say. Alarmed at the possibility of Equestria's destruction, we all increased our efforts in preparing for the worst...a week later, news of the most horrifying nature reached us.

The Changeling Royal Hive, along with Chrysalis, was destroyed without issue by the mighty armies of Pierrot, led by a pair of twins who are said to be his foals. Rumors and reports suggest little as to their reasons of attacking the Royal Hive first...but surely it must be something sinister. With the Changeling race nearly extinct, many of the remaining Changelings have withdrawn themselves into Equinia's walls or delved into the far wilderness. I had never seen such a despairing sight. Now, the war with Pierrot is beginning. A clash of magic and science, good and evil, has begun...but who can say which way it will go? I do not know whether you will join our side or Pierrot's own...but hopefully, you now understand what has happened to Equestria...and what you must now do."

- Twilight Sparkle, Commander in Chief of the Federation, Grand Magus of the Citadel, Caretaker of Equestria.

(Exposition by Valencetiger, Creator of the Revolution Saga.)

Hello, everyone! Part One of the 'Revolution Trilogy' has finally ended. In this new chapter of the story, there will be all kinds of new struggles, drama, romance, and violence...mmm...yummy violence. Anyway, there will be some special new additions to the second chapter, Invasion:

1. Brand new Character Bios which will be displayed on this OOC. This way, character information can be organized easily and available to the current RPers. Plus, this would leave space for more to be added later!

2. New Faction details and Sub-Factions will also be added, so that there is a wider variety of positions and subtypes for new players to join.

3. Special Story Arcs will be created for players to sign-up for and participate in, some of which can be hosted by fellow RPers! Each Story Arc will significantly impact the progress of 'Invasion', and can influence the main plot as well. Anything can happen.

4. With the new Sub-Faction system, players can now form their own 'squads' for use during the 'Invasion' conflict. Since this is a full-scale war, there are bound to be many missions and battles that will occur, each with their own endings. This is linked to the Story Arcs, and there can be exclusive Story Arcs for certain 'squads' who ask for it.

5. Pierrot, the main villain, also has need of a few allies...would you care to be one of them? The hunt for the Goliath is dangerous indeed, and the ignorant Equestrians stand in your King's way. Aid the Heir to the World in his quest to conquer Equestria...and obtain the power and wealth of your dreams.

Next come Applications, and here is what I am looking for:

Name:

Race:

Faction:

Sub-Faction:

Place of Birth/Starting Location:

Physical Appearance:

Cutie Mark (If available):

History (Back Story):

That is pretty much it so far. If you'd like to add an illustration to it, please do :)

Greetings, Recruits! My name is Lord Morrowind, but feel free to call me Cyrus. I know that some of you may have questions as to the current condition of Equestria and it's populace in this RP, the Factions, the Sub-Factions, and other important information. Hopefully, I'll be able to answer some of your questions before you feel the need to ask.

First, I will address the main Factions in the Revolution Saga. Each have their own characteristics, independant military forces, and leaders. I will list them and give their basic, need-to-know information.

The Grand Equestrian Federation (GEF): Formed six years ago after the fall of the Principality, the Federation is the official government of Equestria. Born from the revolutionary faction known as the New Equestrian Order (NEO), they are a pony-prioritized organization, similar to Freelancer. Being the faction with the largest military power amongst the Allied factions, they maintained a strong control over Equestria. Under their rule, Equestria has seen a golden age of science and industry. The GEF's current rulers are:

Twilight Sparkle (Unicorn) - Grand Chancellor of the Federation; formerly the Red Fox.

Rainbow Dash (Pegasus) - Chancellor of Equinia, High General of the Federation's Forces.

Chronarch (Unicorn) - Archmage of the Federation; Twilight's right-hand stallion.

Federation Sub-Factions include;

- The Moon Guard (Twilight Sparkle's Elite Guard)

- The Shade Corps (The GEF's secret police/special ops force)

The Royal Liberation Front (RLF): Formed from remnants of the Royal Equestrian Army (REA) and Principality Loyalists, the RLF is known for it's guerilla-fighting tactics and their fanaticism in combat. They once operated in cells and fought against GEF-held territories, but now have their own quarter in Equinia to fight alongside their former enemies to combat the greater threat that is the fallen Alicorn, Pierrot, and his looming armies. The leaders of the RLF include:

Applejack (Earth Pony) - Commander of the RLF.

Col. Striker (Earth Pony) - Second-in-command of the RLF, member of the 'SPARTAN' division.

Free Quickhoof (Earth Pony, Deceased) - former Commander of the RLF and ex-Guard of Canterlot.

RLF Sub-Factions include;

- The Eternium Brigade (Aggressive guerilla fighters and special ops force)

- 'SPARTAN' Agents (Biologically-enhanced soldiers; "stronger than the average dragon")

The Last Equestrian Hope (LEH): Formerly a collection of renegades and bandits, they have since been turned into a formally-neutral organization that focuses on the improvement of Equestria as a whole. Mostly formed by dragons or draconically-enhanced ponies, they are small in number but fierce in battle. They have their own quarter in the city of Equinia, and are giving aid to the combined forces of Equestria to repel Pierrot and his armies. The LEH leaders are:

Kaarthus (Hellkite Dragon) - Leader of the LEH and dragon-trainer.

Kaalia (Draconic Pegasus) - Mate of Kaarthus and co-leader of the LEH.

LEH Sub-Factions include;

- The Dragon Knights (Draconic ponies trained to ride their dragon compatriots into battle.)

- The Swiftscales (Skillful rangers that are used as special ops forces.)

The Freelancers: A mysterious and dangerous organization of pony-supremacists, they are the most technologically-advanced faction in Equestria. Originally a small scientific group whose existence was hidden by the Principality, they have since become a powerful force to be reckoned with. Not only are their agents skilled in both infiltration and combat, but they supply the Allied forces with the best aircraft pilots available. The Freelancer's leader goes by the title 'The Director', a figure shrouded in mystery.

The Crystal Army (Pierrot's Forces): The armies of the Alicorn Pierrot, they hail mostly from the Crystal Empire and the regions surrounding it. To the Crystal Ponies, Pierrot is the rightful ruler of not just their Empire, but the world as well. Using a mixed contigent of dragons, ponies, and other...darker...creatures, they possess incredible technology and magical ability. The leaders of the Crystal Army include;

Pierrot (Alicorn) - King of the Crystal Empire and relative of the Princesses.

Misery (Alicorn) - Daughter of Pierrot and the 'Mother' of the Chevaliers.

Despair (Alicorn Chevalier) - Twin brother of Misery and Chevalier Commander.

Luna (Alicorn Chevalier) - Former Princess of Equestria and Chevalier Commander.

The Crystal Army Sub-Factions include:

- The Chevaliers (Supernatural beings revived from Tartarus who possess incredible powers in service to Misery, the one who brought their souls from Tartarus using the Tartarus Gate)

- The Magus Consortium (The Crystal Army's greatest magicians and sorcerers, they provide all of the Crystal Army's magical needs)

Salus Umbra: A secretive organization created thousands of years ago to protect the legendary GOLIATH from evil beings. Seperated into eight different branches, each branch watches over their given domains and their inhabitants. Considering themselves the guardians of not just Equestria, but the world itself, they consist of some of the strongest creatures in the world. They currently have a Bund (a small piece of land) outside of Equinia and are building a massive fortress there. Some of this organization's leaders include;

The Oracle (Unicorn) - Millenia-old mage who can see the future, and is the unofficial head of the organization. He serves as the Grandmaster of the Day.

Shining Armor (Unicorn) - Former Captain of the Guard and husband to Princess Cadence, he serves as the Grandmaster of the Underworld.

Salmhofer (Changeling) - Speaker for the Oracle, she serves as the Grandmistress of the Night.

Azriel (Griffon) - General of Salus Umbra's armed forces and its' most skilled combatant, he serves as the Grandmaster of the Skies.

The Sub-Factions of Salus Umbra include;

- The Grand Guard (Segregated into eight distinct groups, they serve as the captains of Salus Umbra's forces and oversee their chosen domains)

- The Jian'dal (the assassins and special forces of Salus Umbra, they enforce the organization's rules and also conduct missions that serve the organization's purposes...including infiltrating allied factions)

Well, that's pretty much all there is to it! If there are any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Throwing my hat into the ring

[colour=#282828]Name: Lyra Heartstrings[/colour]

[colour=#282828]Age: Mare[/colour]

[colour=#282828]Gender: Female[/colour]

[colour=#282828]Race: Unicorn[/colour]

[colour=#282828]Faction: Crystal Empire[/colour]

[colour=#282828]Sub-Faction: Civilian[/colour]

[colour=#282828]Place of Birth/Starting Location: Lyra was born in Canterlot, but will start in the Crystal Empire[/colour]

[colour=#282828]Physical Appearance: Mint green coat, with a pale mint and white mane of medium length. Her eyes are a amber colour just a bit more dull than her magic aura.[/colour]

[colour=#282828]Cutie Mark: a golden lyre symbolizing her ability to play the lyre with enough ability to effect those who hear the music[/colour]

[colour=#282828]History: Lyra was born and raised in Canterlot, where she grew up with her family. She quickly amassed a large amount of friends and loved to be surrounded by others. Being with her friends and family was something that she truly enjoyed. When she was young, a lyre was placed in her hooves and she took to it quite well. Although it wasn't until she started studying mythology that she truly mastered her instrument. Now it may seem strange that mythology aided her in her music, but one creature in particular, the human, quickly became her muse. She even managed to master a new spell called magic hands that allowed her to play multiple notes at once[/colour]. Her talent quickly accelerated her to greatness, but she found the stage to be [colour=#282828]a lonely place that she didn't care for. Though she was surrounded by other ponies, when Lyra was on the stage, she didn't know anyone.[/colour]

[colour=#282828]In an attempt to find a place where she could never feel like that again, she moved to a small town named Ponyville. The small town quickly allowed her to befriend most of the townsponies. However, there was one particular pony that caught her eye, a candy maker with a pale coat and a pink and blue mane. The two of them were soon inseparable, building a happy little life together. Lyra played the small venues around town, looking at the small crowds full of ponies she had know to become her friends, she had truly discovered her paradise.[/colour]

[colour=#282828]Then everything changed during the revolution. The war had spread to Ponyville, and destroyed the little life she had built. In an bid to save her life, Lyra fled the town, but got separated from BonBon. Before she even knew what was going on, she had managed to make her way up to the Crystal Empire. The Empire had changed from the stories she had heard, it had started to grow in technology. It was amazing to her, seeing what ponies could do. While the war was going on, she tried to lay low and safe with the Crystal ponies, though she never forgot the one she loved. Once things calmed down, she returned to Ponyville, only to find a wasteland. With no clue of where BonBon could have gone to, Lyra had no other choice but to return to the Empire and hope their paths would cross again.[/colour]

[colour=#282828]As time passed, she soon started to get acquainted to her new life. The music she wrote and preformed was full of loving ballads and somber tragedies. She even made some new crystal friends, though it didn't fully put her at ease. Whenever she was alone, which was quite often, she started to resent the whole revolution. She didn't know the politics behind it, but she knew that if it never happened, she would still be happy. It was then that she heard of a new ruler of the Crystal Empire, Pierrot, who wanted to recreate the monarchy that had stood before the war. Though she didn't care much for the politics or turmoil, she felt that he may be on a path that would help her. Lyra had no real desire to join in any battles, but the promise of a new world like the old one gave her hope. She spread her hope through her music, and, though she was unaware of it, she spread his message as well.[/colour]

Ah...a tragic tale of a lost romance between two hearts, torn apart by war and conflict. That makes for a wonderfully intricate element in the story...but a few things, though;

I like how you have Lyra's story so far, but perhaps you can add a few details:

• What was it like for her when Pierrot took over the Crystal Empire? How did it effect her everyday life and career?

• Other than the destruction of old Ponyville during the Revolution, what else might have effected her during the past six years? Does she harbor any resentment to the Principality for it's once-harsh rule, or maybe against the Federation for rising up against the Princesses in the first place?

• What exactly has kept her from getting directly immersed in the war going on? Is she for Pierrot, the Equestrians, or simply neutral?

If you could develop a bit on those points, I would greatly appreciate it. Other than that, it looks good so far :)

Name: Colonel Star Striker

Race: Earth Pony

Faction: Royal Liberation Front (RLF)

Sub-Faction(s): RLF (former REA) 75th Ranger Regiment, "SPARTAN Iniative" Control Group (only member to date), RLF 2nd Special Forces Operational Detatchment - Ghost Recon

Occupation: Former REA Ranger Captain. Current Colonel and 2nd in command of the RLF military.

Place of Birth: Canterlot

Physical Appearance: Massive muscular structure to his body and very toned. He has a tan coat with a browish mane styled in a standard short military fashion. His eyes are a deep dark emerald green.

Cutie Mark (If available): REA Ranger Emblem. A gold-outlined silver star infront of two crossed M4 rifles. Appeared once he offically graduated from basic training.

***(Updated) Goal/Motivation: To uphold the oath he took when he enlisted a long time ago... to protect Equestria from all threats, both foreign and domestic. This new threat of Alicorns are no exception. He also want's to come to terms with his past failings and his current romantic issues.

Background Story:

Sensitive Intel: Authorized Eyes Only

Level 3 Clearance Required*

*Colonel Star Striker

*Former Royal Equestrian Army, 75th Ranger Regiment, 2nd Ranger Battalion, Echo Company.

*Service Number: 36-512-748

Call Sign(s): Hunter 2-1, Reaper 3-2

*Tours:

- Second Nighmare Moon War --- Operation "Forward Unto Dawn"

- NEO Conflict --- Operation "Iron Pony", Operation "Snatch n' Grab", and Operation "Ursa Major"

*Known Accolades/Awards in no particular order:

- REA Service Ribbon

- Nightmare Moon Campaign Ribbon/Medal

- Distinguished Service Cross

- Legion of Merit

- Bronze Star

- Purple Heart (3)

- Army Commedation Medal

- Army Good Conduct Medal

- Distinguished Rifeman Award

- Distinguised Pistol Shot Award

*Current Status: Active

*Known Intel:

Colonel Star Striker was soldier of the Royal Equestrian Army. Star was born into a proud military family of Earth ponies. He enlisted just before and quickly rose through the ranks in the Second Nightmare Moon War. During the conflict Striker was awarded many ribbons and medals for valor and distinguished service in loyalty to her majesties. Princess Luna personally awarded him the Distinguished Service Cross for his honorable service, the second highest award given to Army personel. This was because of his valiant effort in Operation "Forward Unto Dawn." The operation was an all out assault on Nightmare's heavily fortified captured city of Baltimare. Striker's platoon was the spearhead of the attack. His fireteam broke into Nightmare Moon's position but she was waiting. She used her magic to incapacitate his comrades. Striker fired a round that pierced her left shoulder. This is when he ran up and secured her until evac. Striker was promoted from 1st Seargent to Captain for his service.

When the NEO Conflict began Striker and his platoon of Rangers quickly began counter operations against the new threat. However their efforts were in vain when they had to retreat to defend Canterlot which was under seige. When Capt. Striker was defending a choke point he was wounded by grenade shrapnel, his wounds were moderate. This is where Striker had a mental breakdown when his platoon medic and special somepony, Corporal Tender Care, was killed while she was treating Striker for his injuries. Seeing her killed in action sent Striker over the edge as he got up and proceeded to kill every NEO contact he could sight on. However, he and what remained of his platoon had to escape Canterlot, leaving the corporal's body behind. What happened to the Captain after this is unconfirmed except his final and offical active military action which was the field promotion of his love Tender Care to Staff Seargent.

***Dossier Update***

Now in league with the Federation and Freelancers. Star puts all his efforts into finding a way to stop and eliminate the new strange threat to Equestria. Also, with the passing of Gen. Free, the Captian was promoted to the rank of Colonel and is 2nd in command of the RLF next Maj. Gen. Applejack. Even with the promotion and the current "Spartan" augmentations being performed on him, Star is having some serious issues. His already weakened mental state seems to be deteriorating steadily after a chain of events involving Twilight and Queen Chrysalis. The soldier has a romantic interest in Twilight but is also haunted by his failure to protect Staff Sgt. Tender Care as well as the love he still has for her. The fact that Chrysalis was interested in him did not help the situation either, especially after presuming her to be KIA after the massacre at the Changling Hive. His inner wounds are becoming more apparent everyday. Regardless, the Colonel is still a great leader and a strong soldier with a powerful force of will and lots of heart. The question is not whether this new enemy will defeat him; its if his will is strong enough to prevent him from defeating himself. Only time will tell.

*** Dossier Update ***

The latest events of the war with Pierrot as well as some other personal issues that I cannot identify made the Colonel take an incredable risk. Col. Striker willing admitted himself to what I recently learned as the "Spartan Iniative." As top secret pre-war super soldier project headed by the late Gen. Free and other former top REA personel. Striker went down to the Delta labs for a span of several months but didn't return as the same pony. His body structure was significantly larger and produced a very intimidating sight however, it was his new demeanor that was the most frightening. The pony who I knew for a long time as a passionate and driven stallion, one who is always with his men keeping up morale, a beacon of the former glory of the REA, is now what I can only describe as a cold, calculated, and powerful military force. It is almost as if he is more machine that pony. He follows order to the key, always speaks professionally, but he now lacks empathy and the passion that I knew so long ago. I saw his test and training results, it will be no doubt that he will be one of our best military assets, but it concerns me what he gave up to become "better," and if he is still willing to continue to that. I hope Maj. Gen. Applejack keeps an eye on him, for his sake more than the war effort's.

*** Written and compiled by Major Briggs ***

*sigh* My final post for a little while. I'll be heading out in a few minutes for the east coast, so here goes nothing. Please note, this is my FIRST app of any kind. Please go easy on me.

Name: BonBon

Race: Earth Pony

Faction: The Royal Liberation Front

Sub-Faction: RLF recruit

Place of Birth/Starting Location: BonBon was born in Ponyville, and will start in the surrounding Everfree Forest.

Physical Appearance: Beige coat with a long cobalt blue mane, with a light fuchsia streak, curling tightly at the ends. Her eyes are cerulean blue.

Cutie Mark: Three candies in blue and yellow wrapping.

History:

BonBon, born and raised in Ponyville, lived a simple life. Her father was in the apple farming business, and her mother was in the candy business. As a little filly, she loved helping her mother in the kitchen making all manner of sweets. It was especially wonderful when her father was able to join in and they made delicious candied apples together. One day, she and her mother were experimenting with new types of hard candies with soft centers. BonBon concocted a candy of her very own that day, and they turned out spectacular! Her cutie mark appeared soon after, when she saw how happy her candies made others feel. From then on, her and her mother made them constantly.

A few years down the road, she was working full time with her mother in their candy shop. One week, she was left in charge of the shop while her parents went on a business trip with the Apple family. They would never return, however. BonBon was distraught, and closed down the shop indefinately. She was never the same after that, and became withdrawn, cold, and distant from her best friends. She turned into a shut-in, wallowing in her depression. After quite some time surviving on hand-outs, odd jobs, and the occasional assisting at Sugarcube Corner, her friends finally managed to convince her to come out with them to see a new musician in town. Begrudgingly, and very skeptically, she agreed to see this new pony from hailing from Canterlot. She was smitten by the lyrist and her work. It struck a chord with her inner self, the old BonBon that her friends had known and loved, but thought they would never see again. After that show, she began talking with the mint coloured unicorn, and they became fast friends. BonBon caught every show the unicorn played, and at her urging, reopened her family's old candy shop, creating the incredible sweets she once made, and inventing new ones as well. Back to her old self again, she was entering a new life with Lyra, and happiness began to fill her once more.

Then the revolution began. At first, it seemed like it would scarcely affect her new life with Lyra, but that quickly changed. When the opposing forces reached Ponyville, destruction, mayhem, and chaos took hold of the town, and quickly put an end to her time with Lyra. When the first projectiles struck Town Hall, she and Lyra ran for it. One blast managed to separate BonBon from Lyra. In the confusion, she was unable to search for her friend and could only flee into the Everfree Forest with the rest of the earth ponies, as most pegasi and unicorns simply flew or teleported away. She managed to meet up with the Apple family, and her old friends, and together they watched in fearful silence as their home was leveled before their eyes. They ran deep into the forest. Days after the attack, it was evident that there would be no returning to Ponyville to rebuild. With things turned upside down on her once again, and the love of her life nowhere to be found, she returned to her cold, and reclusive self. The survivors of Ponyville moved deep into the Everfree, and BonBon with them, until they eventually took up residence in an old castle, hidden away.

Over time, the Apples organized a group to fight the fiends that had taken their home. BonBon supported her old friend, Applejack, but refused to join, as she mourned everything she had lost. Over the course of the war, she would become a husk of her former self, acting as if she was already dead, only doing what she needed to sustain herself. Her friends never gave up hope on her, and she was finally pursuaded to join what was being called the Royal Liberation Front. Now she fights alongside her friends, in hopes to avenge the loved one she lost, learning to help in everything from cooking to combat, intel, and logistics.

(Apologies. Due to dumb character limit issues the History portion of this app will directly follow as its own post)

Name: (Rank?) Valour Bound

Race: Crystal Pony

Faction: Crystal Army Sub-Faction: -

Place of Birth/Starting Location: Crystal Empire

Physical Appearance: A tall wiry-muscled mare, whose size belies her strength. Her coat is pristine white and her short mane is multiple shades of pale blue. She has deep violet eyes that shine with determination.

Cutie Mark (If available): A crystalline shield wreathed in blue flames.

Goals/Motivation: Valour has sworn an oath to bring those responsible for the death of the Princesses to justice. She also seeks to locate the absentee ruler of the Crystal Empire Princess Cadance.

Valour Bound part 2

Plan to add more when I can

History: Born and raised in the Crystal Empire by two loving parents. She was raised to believe the Alicorns should be revered. When the Empire reappeared Valour was convinced the Alicorns would return to save them. When Princess Cadence came, her belief was cemented. Valour loved her new Princess, she wanted nothing more than to serve her. She trained endlessly in her youth to become a Royal Guard. She never got the chance though.

When the revolution came Valour could not believe the atrocities commited. When word of the Princesses' demise reached the Crystal Empire she cursed the names of the traitors and swore vengeance upon them. It was a natural step; when Pierrot appeared, that she pledged herself to the Crystal Army. She was among the first volunteers and has rose in the ranks due to her absolute devotion and some would even say fanatacism. She secretly hopes to find Princess Cadence once more during her crusade to bring justice to those at fault.

(Here we go, Nova's updated app I think I kinda went brain dead near the end...Also implemented MM's App formatting to help display Nova's career before the Revolution.)

[colour=#282828]Name: Nova Arkwing[/colour]

[colour=#282828]Codenames: 'Raiden' 'Agent Foxtrot-117' 'Jack the Ripper'[/colour]

[colour=#282828]Age: <RECORD LOST DURING BATTLE OF CANTERLOT>[/colour]

[colour=#282828]Gender: Male[/colour]

[colour=#282828]Race: Pegasi[/colour]

[colour=#282828]Faction: Freelancer[/colour]

[colour=#282828]Sub-Faction: Agent (Only known still operational survivor of the original Agent selection and training experimental process during PROJECT: FREELANCER)[/colour]

[colour=#282828]Place of Birth/Starting Location: Born in Cloudsdale, current location unknown.[/colour]

[colour=#282828]*Updated**Goal/Motivation: To ensure the Freelancer and Ponykind's survival at all costs, Doesn't care for such things as nationalism or patriotism due to his experiences after the Changling attack which severely traumatized his mental and emotional well being shattering his beliefs in governments, to carry on living and honouring his fallen comrades, friends and in his family's memories and name. Try to keep his split persona 'the Ripper' in check so he does not become a liability to anyone in close proximity around him.[/colour]

[colour=#282828]Cutie Mark (If available): A white sword with white wings.[/colour]

[colour=#282828]History (Back Story): [/colour]

<Equestria Air Force/Early Freelancer service record:>

<Tours served:>

Discord Insurrection - Operation: 'Storm-Shield'

Peacetime - Operation: 'Typhoon'

Royal Wedding Attack

Changeling War - Operation: "Noble" (Immediately after the Royal Wedding Attack)

NEO Revolution - Operation: 'Heavy Metal', Operation: 'Steel Rain', Broken Arrow Retreat (closing stages of Battle for Everfree Forest when NEO forces broke through and overran Loyalist forces in a grand counteroffensive)

Project: FREELANCER - Operation: 'Exodus'

<Known Awards and Accolades during active service in no particular order:>

-Celestia's Cross

-Distinguished Service Order

-Conspicuous Gallantry Medal

-Distinguished Flying Cross

-Distinguished Flying Medal

-Military Medal

-Air Efficiency Award

-Purple Heart

-Multiple Mentions in Dispatches

[colour=#282828]<Known history:>[/colour]

[colour=#282828]Nova was born to a proud militaristic pegasi family on Cloudsdale, his father was a high ranking CO and his mother led one of Cloudsdale's elite flying combat teams in the Royal Equestrian Air Force. His brother and sister were weather team pegasi working for the Cloudsdale weather committee he was a young, determined, courageous, intelligent and formidable flyer. He won many flight contests and made quite a name for himself when he was a Colt, then when he was of age he joined the EAF where his flight skills truly came to play. His career soared and rose to the rank of Wing Commander at the time of Discord's arrival, with his skills he and his team of flyers managed to secure the shield around Canterlot in and operation EAF had dubbed 'Storm-Shield'. Afterwards he was offered a chance to try out for the Equestrian Special Forces, his parents however didn't approve as their opinion on the ESF were that they had no accountability, respect or responsibility for upholding the honour of serving under the Princesses royal military. [/colour]

[colour=#282828]After a large argument between him and his parents he accepted the offer and joined the special forces while still in command of his squadron enjoying the freedoms and benefits of being in the Equestrian military elite celebrated with his wingmen and mares while they performed countless sorties including their most famous operation to date which was a peacetime operation to celebrate to upcoming wedding of Princess Cadence and Prince Shining Armour, Operation: 'Typhoon'. However this jubilant event would soon be cut short and Nova's descent into madness and the birth of a split personality in his mind would begin. T[/colour][colour=#282828]he Changeling attack at the Royal Wedding came out of nowhere, effectively paralyzing the command structure of the Equestrian military's ability to cope with the surprise attack. [/colour]

[colour=#282828]Nova and his squadron were among several other squadrons ordered to scramble out, engage and defeat the Changeling threat in a defensive operation dubbed "Noble" which they hoped to hold the Changelings back for as long as possible. They were successful at first, the squadron scored multiple kills and seemed to be winning while the military assessed the threat and began amassing for a counter-attack. Nova and his Squadron survived, but it was hopeless. His superiors had incompetently sent his squadron to their deaths, as the Changeling creatures broke through the EAF's defensive lines anyway, his entire squadron among those left standing and operational were wiped out. He watched helplessly as the Changelings ripped his comrades, [/colour]his friends[colour=#282828] some who he knew since his foalhood apart, the Changelings just wouldn't stop as he spotted other squadrons being similarly torn apart mercilessly like animals. He still fought the the Changelings valiantly in a fit of pure agonizing anguished rage and didn't stop until every Changeling was dead, then a shock wave coming from the main chamber of the castle itself banished the Changelings out of Canterlot and saved the city from certain destruction. However while the rest of the Equestria celebrated[/colour][colour=#282828] it was on that day as he lost his friends that a spark of insanity of what would later evolve, began to dwell in his mind growing ever so slightly effecting, corrupting him subtly as time went on.[/colour]

[colour=#282828]6 months had passed since the Changeling attack, his sister had died from a heart condition which caused her heart to stop pumping life around her body and ultimately fail. She was laid to rest in Cloudsdale, the funeral was a personal family matter. Nova continued to fly the skies for the Equestrian Special forces, but he felt empty like it wasn't the same without ponies he could relate to. He was eventually selected to take part in Project: Freelancer, a secretive government science project that required 300 volunteers from the Equestrian military. He joined up hoping that he could become something greater, something that would help ponies achieve something better after the misery they've suffered. [/colour]

[colour=#282828]He trained and endured the brutal training and psycho-conditioning, they broke him physically, mentally and emotionally and remade him constantly to reach the achievements they aimed to reach. Some didn't make it, other washed out and declared as failures. Not Nova, he just kept going and survived as best he could because what else did he have left to lose? his friends were dead and his family was dwindling and distancing themselves from him believing him dead, and at this point all Nova really knew was fighting and that little voice in the back of his mind telling him to keep going and never falter. Time passed until he [/colour][colour=#282828]became a Freelancer Agent, although he technically still served the Princess and the Special forces, what happened regarding Freelancer was a mystery but as time progressed he became faster, stronger, meaner and by the time of the Revolution. He was a fully fledged Freelancer Agent, a one-pegasi army in his own rite out of the handful of survivors of the Agent selection experiments.[/colour]

[colour=#282828]When the Rebellion reached it's climax at the Everfree Forest, Nova had already claimed a very impressively high tally of NEO kills during the revolution, he was known as 'Jack the Ripper' by the NEO forces often called a myth brought up by the low ranking grunts of the enemy. He with three other Freelancer agents as a four-man fireteam scouted the area. Their objective was to destroy key NEO assets and neutralize a large number of NEO forces in the area, his mission was a success the other Freelancers had fled the area. But for Nova came the ultimate test, the voice in his head grew into it's own personality inside his mind calling itself 'The Ripper'. Surely he had gone insane, driven mad by the grief of his losses but the voice urged him to continue, continue to kill and slaughter. His senses were begging for it, the rest of a mission was a blur to him but all he remembered was screaming, blood and pleasurable joy. He never felt so alive as he tore through NEO soldier watching them die in agonizing pain, just like how his friends felt when they met their ends by the changelings all those months ago. It wasn't until his Freelancer allies had pulled him out of the field that he had to stop himself, he realised what the madness had turned him into. He became something of a demon from old tales of the supernatural.[/colour]

[colour=#282828]As they fled they witnessed the Changelings appear once again and wiped out Loyalist forces, including his mother's squadron who were killed by the Changeling waves, The Broken Arrow Retreat was when the NEO had finally broken through the loyalists defences and marched to Canterlot to finish what they started. They rapidly took control of Cloudsdale and took the Loyalist Air Force High Commanders prisoner and executed those who didn't choose to defect to their cause, they executed Nova's his father in one fell swoop, the Freelancers withdrew to safety. It wasn't until much later Nova had heard the news of his entire family being well and truly dead, branded as traitors and their legacy removed from history. Now he had nothing whatsoever to lose, his beliefs shattered and his hopes crushed and his life forever changed. He embraced his place in Freelancer as nothing else was left for him to go back to.[/colour]

<New Intel:>

Now the most deadliest Freelancer Agent in the organisation, Nova spends most of his time as a mentor to the new generation of Agents, teaching them how to be true Freelancers while constantly perfecting his own combat skills and learning how to control his mind and focus it into a formidable weapon. He has become one of Equestria's most greatest and agile swordsman, After the events heating up on the mainland and rumours of forces from the north in the Crystal Empire rising to overthrow the current government, terrorist attacks and talks of civil war rise once more Nova has dreading what could possibly come next. Fearing what could happen if his split personality arose from the shadowy depths of his mind like a slumbering leviathan of untold wrath about to awaken and engulf him, has war come to Equestria once more? the loneliness and boredom started to take their toll on Nova's steadily depleting mental and emotional state as he started becoming more aggressive and bitter about his past. Feeling like he failed his friends and family, he is driven to keep training and training until maybe he could be strong enough to prevent the same thing happening again to him. Maybe this will all come into play in the next war, after all it's what Nova was training for. Something felt missing though, he was fighting for ideals that he believed in but not for something or someone personal to him.

Nonetheless his prowess and skill as a tool for war is utterly fierce, devoted to the Director and Freelancer his resilience and determination among other traits could prove useful if he ever gets called to war again. Some day he might find something or someone truly worth fighting for...

My, oh my...you've out-done yourselves with these applications, fillies and gentlecolts. I'm glad to type these words below;

Star Striker; Reaccepted!

BonBon; Accepted!

Valour Bound; Accepted!

NovaArkwing; Reaccepted!

As for the status of the Crystal Heart...it still exists, but has been amplified and changed into a crystalline super-weapon. Now a marvel of magic and science, the Crystal Heart has become a celestial cannon, capable of making orbital strikes on locations of importance. This also includes magical teleportation shipments and troop transportation.

The war is just about to begin, everypony. Are you ready for what is about to come next? I don't think you are... *Queue evil laugh*

Valour Bound; Accepted!

Woo! Acceptance feels good. Now I have to do the Alicorns proud and smite the non believers.

[colour=#99ccff]Prepare thine selves sheep for I come a reaping with destiny at my back and great purpose in my blade![/colour]

I may need to create a side character to pass the time until Striker is finished with his transformation. If that is ok. Just a minor soldier to accompany and socialize until a certain amount of time has passed. May need two in-story months. Is this ok?

• I have a few small questions:
  • What is the ranking system of TCA?
  • Would it make sense for a squad/task force to have a Chevalier and a Magus assigned to them? Effectively filling specialist roles.
  • Do we/I make up the uniforms, armaments, etc of my faction or is there pre-established lore on the Crystal Army?

Whew...you had to make me work for this one, Regal :P had to contact Val and world-craft a bit. Now, let's see...

The Ranking System amongst Crystal Army soldiers is similar to standard in a few ways, but they possess some rather unique ranks for different positions, as well as different names for standard military groups. I'll list the rankings from highest to lowest;

1. Grand Crystal General (Pierrot)

2. Lieutenant General (Misery, Despair, Luna, etc.)

3. Banner-General

4. Colonel

5. Lieutenent Colonel

6. Major

7. Lieutenant Major

8. Banner-Captain

9. Banner-Lieutenent

10. Sergeant

11. Corporal

12. Private

13. Trainee.

Also, the Crystal Army has different names given to groups of their soldiers, depending on their size and equipment. Examples from highest to lowest are;

1. Army (50,000+ Soldiers)

2. Corps (20,000 to 45,000 Soldiers)

3. Command Banner (10,000 to 15,000 Soldiers)

4. Brigade (3,000 to 5,000 Soldiers)

5. Command (300 to 1,000 Soldiers)

6. Banner (62 to 190 Soldiers)

7. Platoon (16 to 44 Soldiers)

8. Squad (9 to 10 Soldiers)

As for the rankings of Chevaliers and Magus', the strongest usually rank between Major to Banner General, while those of lower ranks often lead special squadrons. Chevaliers act as the special operations forces of the Crystal Army, while the Magus' serve as medics and typically as magic-technicians...and in rare cases, as artillery.

The uniforms of the Crystal Army are considerably old-fashioned in appearance, but are made from magically-enhanced steel plating that has reduced weight and increased deflection. Their armaments are similar to that of the other Factions considering firearms, but each soldier wears their own melee weapon of choice, which more often than not is enchanted with various spells. Rather than the gunships and artillery the other factions possess, they use the Crystal Orbital Array, dragons, and ursa minors/majors as their main means of transportation and vehicular warfare. However, at sea, they have a secret kind of ship that I'm unable to speak of at this point in time.

Whew...I hope that answers all of your questions, Regal :lol:

My internal world builder is pleased. I thank you greatly for the time and effort put into your response. You have very much answered my questions as well as some I had not thought of yet. This information be put to good use.

Fillies and gentlecolts, the first of the Revolution Saga: Invasion Story Arcs , Rise of the Chevaliers, is about to begin.

Despite the main bulk of the Crystal Army remaining in the frozen tundras far to the north of Equestria, a small detachment has been sent ahead of the main body to eliminate a key objective in the war...that objective, is New Manehatten. Being one of the leading industrial cities in the Federation, it is heavily populated and manufactures many of the Federation's weapons and vehicles. As rumors begin to circulate through the large metropolitan city, the civilians grow uneasy with each passing day. With word of the disappearance of Outpost #3617, the current New Manehatten Chancellor (Nickel Brand) has issued a military lock-down of the city and surrounding region, Federation forces being placed on high alert. As the forces of both sides prepare themselves, both call out for an increase in their numbers. The following details for each side will be detailed below;

Allied Equestrian Forces: Led by Chancellor Nickel Brand and Salus Umbran Grandmaster Azriel, Operation Blindlight is beginning. Due to the mysterious disappearances of the Federation Outposts on the nearby mountain range to the north of New Manehatten, a special reconnaissance team has been formed to find traces of enemy activity in the region, as well as to find any survivors. The discovery of an enemy army is crucial to the city's survival, and to that of the inhabitants. If you are of the Allied Equestrian Forces, and wish to participate, sign up for this new advancement in the war!

Crystal Army Forces: Led by the newly-raised Chevalier, Luna, a small detachment of Chevaliers have been ordered to secure a foothold in the mountains outside of New Manehatten and to create supply bases in preparation of the main body of the Fifth and Ninth Crystal Armies. Labeled as Operation Stonemason, the soldiers and Chevaliers sent on this mission must protect their growing bases at all cost, so that the reinforcements will be aptly prepared to eliminate the heathen city of New Manehatten. If you are a loyal servant of Pierrot or Misery, sign up for this new advancement in the war!

Remember; any side can win these conflicts, and thus your actions in these campaigns do matter! Do not ruin this opportunity for your side, otherwise the consequences could be enormous. Good luck, and fight well!