Cloud Watching(Open! Join!)

Derpyy

It was another one of those days for Cloud Flicker. He had had so many days like this one. Same old same old. Cloud wakes up, flies around for a bit, does his job as a small weather pony and then just stays around for the day. Cloud had had so many days like this one he was considering adding laying on the same cloud to his schedule.

The light brown pegasus shook his white mane out of his face as he rolled over on a cloud. The fluffiness of the cloud wasn't really helping him to get active. But that's the thing. Cloud is actually a very active pony. He calls himself the fastest flyer in all of Equestria and he dreams of being one of the Wonderbolts one day. But most ponies shun him or mock him due to his sometimes rambunctious attitude. He can get rather cocky when he is challenged to a race but that doesn't happen often. Cloud rolled over again on the cloud he was on and held his front hooves off of the cloud.

He looked down at the streets of Ponyville with his deep blue eyes and saw a few ponies trotting here and there. Funny. He had lived in Cloudsdale all of his life and he had never really been to Ponyville before. It looked like a peaceful and nice place to be. But he just never took the time to visit the place.

Cloud then sat up and stretched a bit. He let out a rather loud yawn and and flapped his wings a bit. He then looked down at the streets of Ponyville again. He sighed and said, "[colour=#a52a2a]I suppose..." [/colour]He then started to hover off of the ground. He then thought about trying some new stunts in the sky...but he figured that most ponies that saw him in the sky would think he was a big Wonderbolt wannabe. Which he kind of was.

Cloud sighed again and then slowly flew down to the streets of Ponyville. He saw a few buildiings that he noticed when he was laying on his cloud. But he knew not what was in them.

Cloud sighed again and then landed in the streets. He was surprised to be greeted by a few ponies already. He almost forgot to wave back but he did.

Maybe this little town wasn't going to be so bad after all.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Minyara trotted down the streets of PonyVille,she saw a new pony in the street,she did not recongnize him. Her curiosity got the best of her,causing her hooves to turn and make her trot towards him,"Hello there!" She said as she approached him,a few steps away.

iATK8D2.png

Once again, Cherry Berry, or "Chibsy," as she sometimes liked to be called, had been stood up. She was starting to get used to it. Mares would show an interest in her, ask her to meet them at this restaurant or that bakery for lunch, to which she would agree, and then never turn up. Or she would ask them. Either way, this had been the third time in just over a month and she was sick of it. It had put her in a fowl mood, too; even fouler than usual.

Oh well, no sense in stewing over it, especially when she had veggies she needed to be stewing for dinner with Lyra and BonBon tonight instead. Most of the veggies were from her own garden; carrot, tomato, broccoli, cauliflower, lima beens, beetroot, some pumpkin, of course with her special blend of spices and seasonings. It was her favourite recipe. She licked her lips as she thought about it whilst wandering through Ponyville.

She was about to turn away from the main street towards the stable she occupied, when something caught her eye. A brown pegasus dove down to the ground from the sky above. Show off Chibsy thought bitterly. She liked being an earth pony, but clouds always looked so comfortable. The closest she'd been to sleeping on a cloud was floating through the air in her hot air balloon. She'd seen parts of Cloudsdale that way, but the balloon could only take her so far into the city.

She waved to the brown pegasus when he looked in her direction, and he seemed to almost forget to wave back. Must be from Cloudsdale.

Oh, what the heck? Might as well go over and introduce herself anyways. She meandered over and arrived just in time to hear another pony say hello in a cheerful voice. Oh, right, cheerfulness. Pushing her failed date to the back of her mind, she put a (rather forced) smile on her face. Where was Pinkie Pie when you needed her?

"Hey there," she said, nodding to both of them. "Whatcha doin' in Ponyville?" she asked the brown pegasus.

In the skies near pony ville floated a small group of clouds. Most of the clouds earlier today were cleared out by the weather team to allow The flowers to get sufficiant sunlight but this small group of clouds had just begun to creep their way through the sky. On one of these smaller clouds lay a Blue pegasus With scars Adorning his body. ( In Woe Flash cant have scars but in ffa where i first created him he does. His history had to be changed too. figures.) This Blue pegasus was Flashbomb, a Active member of the weather team. Except for today, for his small branch in the weather team didnt get a single thing assigned to him. Flash didnt mind the day off and he pratically enjoyed it. He Would ususaly just spend it sleeping or eating at a local cafe. But today wasent those days for the cafe, he found himself asleep on a nice warm cloud that floated in the breeze. Eventually the few clouds had floated just above ponyville, They cast some shadows down below that blocked the sun from the flowers. Some of the Gardening ponies did not care for clouds on days where the flowers needed direct sunlight. Some glared up to the clouds and cursed a little as they trotted away.

Flashbomb Snored slightly as the cloud he was on broke away from the group and floated a little lower to the ground. He fliped over and lay on his back, wings fully extended to soak up as much sun as possible. Today was turning out to be a very nice day for him.

Cloud was certainly not expecting this. Was this little town expecting him or something? He had just landed and already got greeted by two mare! Who he had also...never seen before. Still Cloud was still thinking. He glanced back and forth between the two mares and examined them both.

The one that had greeted him first ((I don't know what Minyara looks like...so insert details about your OC here)) She seemed rather cheerful. Cloud looked away from her rather quickly.

He then looked over at the other mare. She had a yellow mane and her coat colour seemed pinkish. She didn't seem AS cheerful as the first mare but that didn't bother him.

Cloud then sighed a small sigh and stepped back so he could see both of the mare. [colour=#a52a2a]"H-hello.."[/colour] He wasn't nervous. Just not sure what to think. "[colour=#a52a2a]Nice to meet both of you. I am Cloud Flicker." [/colour]He thought about saying[colour=#a52a2a] I am Cloud Flicker! Fastest flyer in all of Equestria! [/colour]But he didn't. He was sure he would brag on himself sometime today.

Cloud then looked over at the mare that asked him what he was doing in Ponyville. He went to open his mouth to say what he was doing...but he had no idea what he was doing. He instead laughed a bit and said, [colour=#a52a2a]"I don't really know! I've never been to Ponyville before. I live in Cloudsdale.[/colour]" He then smiled a bit. But then it hit him! He HAD seen this mare before! he put his hoof up to his chin and said, [colour=#a52a2a]"You wouldn't happen to be the mare that flies the hot air balloon would you?"[/colour] He raised one eyebrow in question. If the mare answered yes...he would feel rather smart. Even though it was just a fact of remembering somepony.

Minyara smiled,her pinklady apple mane covering over her shoulders,she smiled as her steel grey coat shined in the brighteness of the daylight,"Nice to meet you Cloud Flicker,I am Minyara," She chuckled,at her name,she loved the way it rolled across her tounge when she would say it.

iATK8D2.png

Cherry Berry was somewhat surprised that the brown pegasus had recognized her from the balloon trips, especially since he'd never been to Ponyville before. She allowed the other mare to introduce herself. She seemed to smiling too much, and she laughed when she said her own name. Cherry Berry failed to see what was funny about 'Minyara.' It was strange, yes, but it wasn't really funny.

"'n' I'm Cherry Berry, and yes, I'm the pony with the balloon." she paused. "So, you've never been to Ponyville? Well, it's a nice town; not too big, not too small." she said, gesturing around at the marketplace full of ponies buying or selling their goods. "Can't complain really. You got any plans as to what you want to do or see while you're here? I may be from Manehatten, but I've been here a few years and I sure know my around."

Cloud looked at both of the mares. Minyara and Cherry Berry hmm? Well he was right about Cherry. She was the mare who ran the hot air balloon. He felt smart. A bit. Cloud then looked over at Minyara and said, "Nice to meet you.". He then looked over at Cherry and said, "Nice to meet you Cherry.". He somewhat smiled at the two and then glanced up at the clouds. He then looked back down at the mares.

He had no idea what he was going to do. Might as well learn the town of Ponyville.

"Well I don't really know what there is to see..or do..here.". He chuckled a bit. Then he smiled a bit and said, "Fastest flyer in all of Equestria and I've never been here before.". He chuckled again and smiled at both of the mares.

"Hey,maybe we could give you a tour of PonyVille!" Minyara smiled and hopped up into the air,her wings flapping like a big mess,she landed on the ground,"Sorry,sometimes I get a little excited..." She sheepishly smiled at the two.

Angel Wing, or Angel for short, was doing his normal thing. Eating a yummy muffin on a bench and reading, he looks at everypony, thinking "Wonder who knows the place very well," after all he was new, for he just moved here. He continued to eat his muffin, and the same time reading the new book of Daring Doo.

Flashbomb continued to sleep soundly on the cloud as it carried him through the skies above ponyville. He rolled over and scratched his nose a bit, He Snoozed for awhile longer until the cloud Buped another. Flash rolled a little to far and fell off the cloud, He opened his eyes in surprise [colour=#0000FF]"Oh not again!" [/colour]He yelped. He hit a Water basin for a garden with a splash. He flailed and jumped out of the freezing water. He saw a pony whom was using the water to water her garden, she didnt look to ammused. Flash chuckled poorly and trotted away. Why did he always do that? He Trotted to the main road in ponyville and shook the water from himself. He felt Dumb, really dumb. He sat down and sighed, He looked around ponyville and took in the bustle of the town.

Minyara had heard a crash of sorts,imediately she started looking around,seeing a soaking wet pony,she derailed off over to him,"Hi there,what happened,all I heard was a big splash,did you hit water?" She asked,trying to sort out her question and make it sound right,which she did not do very well...

Cloud heard the splash and saw the pony that fell in the water basin. He laughed a bit as he watched Minyara fly off towards the pony and start to comfort him. Cloud stretched his wings a bit and looked over at them. He smiled smugly.[colour=#a52a2a] I never crash. [/colour] He thought to himself as he watched his wings flutter a bit. He sighed a bit and then folded his wings back in. Cloud then looked back over at the crashed pony and Minyara.

He glanced over at Cherry and felt as if she was spacing out so he decided to liven things up. He moved towards Minyara and the crashed pony. He chuckled a bit and said, [colour=#a52a2a]"Nice landing." [/colour]He chortled and then started to hover above the ground a bit.

Flash looked up at the 3 ponies that had gathered near him. He was still soaking wet and felt kind of awkward about how much attention he got. The mare tried to Comfort him and he felt a little better. [colour=#0000FF]"Y....yea im fine, just had a little fall off a cloud thats all." [/colour]He sighed. A stallion behind her seemed ammused, Flash felt himself grow red with Embarrisment. He looked down in shame, [colour=#0000FF]"Sorry if i interrupted anything. I was just being dumb...." [/colour]He said. He glanced up at the ponies.

iATK8D2.png

A tour of Ponyville? As much as she liked the town, she wasn't sure she would make much of a tour guide. I mean, what was there of any significance in Ponyville? It was mostly just shops and houses and parks. But the over-excited pegasus pony seemed to think that giving the show off (and bragger too, it seemed. He wasn't the first pegasus she'd heard claiming to be the fastest flyer in all of Equestria) a tour of the town was a wonderful idea. Chibsy shrugged, beginning to wonder why she'd bothered.

Suddenly their conversation (if you could call it that) was interrupted by a loud splash. She turned to see Daisy, one of the three florist sisters, glaring at yet another pegasus (why were there so many of these winged ponies running around all of a sudden?) who had evidently just decided that the florist's front garden was an excellent location for a crash-landing. Daisy was dripping wet from the splash, as was the blue pegasus who was sheepishly trying to flee the scene of the crime. Unfortunately for him, Minyara decided at that particular moment to interrogate him on what had just taken place.

"Surely those wings of yours aren't that difficult to operate, are they?" The question was half-directed at the dripping-wet pony, and half directed at the other pegasi who had surrounded her.

Cloud chuckled a bit at what Chilsby said. He agreed with her. It wasn't that hard to work your wings. But he had a small amount of sympathy for the pony. Maybe he fell or something.

Cloud remembered the time that he fell from the clouds. And then the other time. And the other time.

Cloud shook his head and growled slightly at himself. He then glanced over at Cherry and Minyara and the two new ponies that trotted up.

Cloud then turned his gaze to the streets of Ponyville. He only saw a few stands of ponies selling things and a few buildings. Though he had no idea what the buildings held..the curious part of him wanted to know.

Cloud then looked back at all of the ponies. He really had no idea what to say. "So. Besides from crashing ponies. What else is there in this town?".

Flashbomb glanced up at Minyara [colour=#0000FF]"Im.....Flash.....Flashbomb....." [/colour]He said to her. He Still felt the Embarrissment still burning in him. He Looked over to the mare who had mocked him about not being able to control himself. He felt a little worse after her comment but kept quiet. He Felt like he should leave but he Sneezed when he went to leave. Great, now he probably had a cold. He sneezed again covering his muzzle. [colour=#0000FF]"Sorry......." [/colour]He said.