Cloud Watching(Open! Join!)

Derpyy

Angel looked at the pony covering his muzzle, "[colour=#0000cd]​You sure your okay...you sound like you caught something?" he asked.[/colour][colour=#000000] [/colour]

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

iATK8D2.png

Cherry Berry frowned again when the pegasus sneezed. "You may want to get that looked into," she said, adding on to the words of the white pegasus. She was trying to be a bit more gentle in her tone. She wasn't a grump on purpose, she just didn't like it when ponies were annoying idiots. Also, maybe she was still a bit upset about being stood up after all. She really just wanted to enjoy her evening with her friends and not think about everything else that was going.

And as much as she loved Ponyville, she was feeling a little bit homesick for Dodge Junction.

She turned her attention back to Cloud. "We're a pretty small town, so there's not a whole lot to see. Just some shops and markets, one or two restaurants and cafes. If you like cupcakes, Sugarcube corner is a good place to visit. There's also the theatre, but there's nothing playing there until this evening." she shrugged. "Ponyville's pretty small; you want sights? Try Las Pegasus or Canterlot, or Manehatten."

Right. Manehatten. That was home too - no matter how much she tried not to, she still spoke with a pronounced manehattenite accent. And she still thought of the bustling city, the shining lights of the theatre district and, of course, her parents. She shook her head to clear it of these thoughts. She liked Ponyville. Ponyville was home now, she had friends and a life here, after all. She smiled faintly at the pegasus.

Canterlot!, where he use to live, he loved it, where he and his brother always went to see the castle, and go see the Royal Guards. Competing on who is going to be the Captain of The Guards First....he missed home , but since his brother joined the Guard he had no one but himself, so he decided to move to ponyville, hoping to make some friends at least..[colour=#0000cd]"[/colour][colour=#0000cd]Well nice to see you all...good day." he smiled[/colour]

Cloud flicked his tail a bit. "[colour=#8b4513]Yeah I'm new here." [/colour]He then realized that the ponies were talking about how the Flashbomb might have caught something. Cloud kept his distance. He didn't want to catch a cold or anything. If he did then he would have to not fly..or worse..not stunt!

Cloud backed even more. He then looked over at Cherry who told him everything about Ponyville. It sounded kind of boring really. Just shops and stuff? The only interesting thing is the theater?

Cloud didn't much care for the theater. But he would go to one if he had someponies to go with. Cloud then fluttered his wings and said, "[colour=#8b4513]So..um..besides all that...does anything interesting ever happen in this town?"[/colour] He hoped for a good response. But he had the feeling he wasn't going to get one.

Cloud looked over at the pony that said it was nice to meet all of them. Cloud saluted him and said, [colour=#8b4513]"Nice to meet you."[/colour] He then thought to himself, [colour=#8b4513]See Cloud? You're already making some friend! Don't screw this up! [/colour]Cloud shook his head and smiled slightly at the group.

Flashbomb shivered slightly and nodded when the others said he could have caught something. He shook himself and Released some more water. He flapped his wings and let the sun warm him.

Angel smiles "[colour=#0000cd]want to hang with me![/colour]" he flaps his wing in excitement, " [colour=#0000cd]We can go to the Apple Farm and eat the best apple pies you have ever tasted or go see the play this evening[/colour]!" he rambles on.

iATK8D2.png

[colour=#8b4513]So..um..besides all that...does anything interesting ever happen in this town?"[/colour]

"Interesting? Oh, yes, interesting things happen here all the time. We've been nearly destroyed by stampeding cattle, and definitely destroyed by bouncing baby bunnies. Then there was the rampaging dragon, and the draquonequus who more or less destroyed the place. We have winter wrap-up every spring, and the running of the leaves every fall. If you stick around, something ridiculous is bound to happen. I just can't show you anything like that right now."

She paused, looking around. Minyara and the white one were shouting introductions and discussing sweet apple acres, and the sopping-wet pegasus was trying to shake whatever water was left on his coat and dry in the sun.

"Sweet Apple Acres apple pie is good. I just baked some Cherry Pie last night, you're welcome to try some of that as well, if you like," she said to Cloud. "I'm actually needing to be getting home anyways. I have guests coming over for dinner tonight."

[colour=#b4b4b4] ((Not my best RP post ever, but I'm tired. :P )) [/colour]

Cloud raised one eyebrow. He didn't speak but he thought. Baby bunnies? Dragons..what? This town seems crazier than he thought.

Cloud then glanced over at Minyara and the other pony who were shouting at each other. He wasn't a big fan of yelling. He only like yelling for himself whenever he pulled off a stunt. Cloud then looked back at Cherry who asked if wanted to try some cherry pie. Cloud looked around nervously. He didn't want to be mean.

"Um..well..". He smiled sheepishly and scratched the back of his head with his hoof. "To be honest. I've never had cherry pie before..". He glanced up at Cherry then away. "I'm sure it's great..I'm willing to try it.". He smiled at her again.

Angel continues to ramble on, until his cousin Sun flare landed by him, he went over and covered his mouth, "[colour=#ff8c00]Calm down Angel...no need to get hype up ha ha ha, your always energetic"[/colour] he smiled

[colour=#0000cd]"It's just fun to meet new ponies![/colour]" Sun rolled his eyes "[colour=#ff8c00]Well hurry up and get to Cloudsdale, I have entered in a race, and I don't want to miss it...also your brother sent you a message...it's in your room"[/colour][colour=#000000] Angel flapped wing s of excitement, he then looked at the other ponies...he didn't want to leave his new friends...[/colour]

Flash sat quietly still watching the others talk about how fun ponyville was. He never figured that so many things could go on in a little town like this. He liked the quiet and calm of Cloudsdale but hey this wasnt to bad. He sneezed again and shook himself, He tried to keep to the sidelines of the conversations going on. He opened his eyes and looked up at the sky and the warmpth of the sun as it beat down on them. He smiled and looked back to the others.

Sun looked at Angel.... "[colour=#ff8c00]FIne you cans stay....I knew this would happen, so here[/colour]" he gave Angel the letter from his brother, Sun waved to the everypony "[colour=#ff8c00]Good bye everypony have a wonderful day![/colour]" Angel yelled as Sun flew off to Cloudstale, "[colour=#0000cd]Good Luck at your extreme racing![/colour]" Sun yeleld back, "[colour=#ff8c00]You know I will!"[/colour] Angel looked abck at the other poines.

[colour=#b4b4b4]((OOC: Time out, I'm confused. I'm not trying to give a lecture here or single anyone out (I've proven several times in the last few weeks that I'm not very good at paying attention to what's happening much myself either), but I'm having a hard time following the chain of events, as well as who is talking to who.

In post #40, an invitation is put out to someone to hang with Angel at sweet apple acres for pie. It is not clear whether or not that invitation is for everyone, or just for Minyara; for the last 8 posts a dialog has been happening between Minyara and Angel exclusively, so to me it read like that invitation was just for Minyara.

So, in post #41, Cherry Berry turns her attention to Cloud to answer his question and tell him that, as Angel has just told Minyara, he can get good apple pie at Sweet Apple Acres. Or, if he prefers, she has some leftover cherry pie at her place. Cloud replies that he's never tried pie, but is willing to try it. Since this was directed at Cherry Berry, It's fairly safe to assume that he's taking her up on the Cherry pie offer.

In #43 and #45 we have a random character come and go. This is fine, we are in the FFA section after all, but introducing the orange one interrupted Angel's conversation with Minyara. His coming and going also didn't add much to the progression of the thread.

Flashbomb, say something to somepony else so we can include you, pretty please. :) Whirligig may have gone out of her way to make sure everyone was included, but Chibsy's not as friendly or extroverted when it comes to talking to strangers. ;)

So now, in post #46, I don't know if Minyara is answering Angel's invitation to go get pie at Sweet Apple Acres, or Cherry Berry's offer of leftover pie at her place.

And Angel, who in post #40 said that they should get pie at sweet apple acres, is now in post #47 asking where the pie is. :P

RPing is about working cooperatively with others to tell a story, so about 99.99% of forum RP is good communication. Replies aren't instantaneous and it may even take days or weeks for someone to come back to a thread to post their contribution. The story that you're telling doesn't have to be a big, epic adventure story, and in this case it isn't. This story is about a bunch of Pegasi from Cloudsdale who have come to Ponyville to explore, meet other ponies, show off their flying stunts (or, in Flashbomb's case, lack therof) and, evidently, eat pie. Which is fine - we're looking for a fun, non-dramatic slice of life RP here. All I'm asking is that when you're posting something, think about how clear your post is; especially in regards to who is speaking if you have two ponies in one post, and who that pony is speaking to. Also, try to remember what has been said by other ponies, and especially yourself, previously. (I kinda fail at this part myself, too) I'm going to try to work with what happened in the following post, so please don't feel the need to go back and change things now. Just please take this as a gentle reminder, and try to keep this in mind for future reference. Especially those of you who want to eventually RP in the WoE section of the board. :)

Also, Chibsy is a bit of a grumpy pony (think Cranky Doodle Donkey grumpy) so just keep that in mind when reading her posts, mmkay? ;) ))[/colour]

iATK8D2.png

Chibsy looked at Cloud Flicker incredulously. "Never had pie before? My goodness, what do ponies eat up in Cloudsdale? I never thought Clouds had much nutritional value, being mostly composed of vapour." she shook her head at the travesty. She could not imagine a life without pie.

Cherry Berry hardly took note of the - fourth? Fifth? She had lost count - pegasus who came and went. He was going on about some race in Cloudsdale that was of little consequence to her. She was too busy trying to imagine not spending Thursday evenings with Mamie Marmalade baking pies, cakes and cookies, or rainy summer afternoons in Cherryetta's kitchen stewing the cherries to make the pie filling, then sitting down with her family for dessert. It always tasted better to her when she had helped make it.

"Never had pie?" she repeated, still a bit awed. "Boy, you gotta fix that problem of yours, and quickly too. You are coming to my house, and I am going to get you some pie. I would say the best darn cherry pie you've ever tasted, but since you've never had any before, that's going to be a given."

"Pie? Where? I love pie!"

Chibsy turned. One of the pegasi had left (she still wasn't keeping track), and now this stallion wanted to know where the pie was. The pink mare shot him a quizzical look. "Weren't you after Granny Smith's pie over at Sweet Apple?" she asks him, "or are you after cherry pie now?"

((OOC :) ))

Cloud stared at Cherry. It wasn't really an invitation to come over..but more of a command. Well Cloud didn't really care what it was. He was a bit nervous now. He smiled at Cherry.

[colour=#a52a2a]"Well if you're alright with having me over then I'm alright with it!"[/colour] He smiled at her again

Cloud was a bit anxious as well. Since he had never had pie Cherry promised him that she could make the best pie. Now Cloud loved to eat don't get him wrong. It's just he always liked to anticipate flavours of foods. But he couldn't with pie because he had never had it before. But Cloud wasn't about to say not to free food.

Also hanging with Miss Cherry could be fun! He could learn about this town and maybe one day come to like this town

This day was not turning out like how Cloud had expected.

He liked it.