[Cloudsdale] My Town is my First Love (Private, Jane & HighRoller)

Jane

7oLky.png

Whirligig had never been a strong flyer, but that didn't mean she didn't enjoy it. She was a Pegasus, flying was and always would be a part of her. The problem was, she sometimes didn't pay attention to the rest of the world when she flew. The wind rushing through her mane was exciting, so sometimes she just closed her eyes and flew...

Ooof!

She came into contact with something solid and instinctively flapped her wings to steady herself. It was a pony; a Stallion, and a very good-looking one at that. He was tall and sturdy, with a deep blue pelt and a ragged-looking grey mane. And he had piercing blue eyes that Whirligig met awkwardly. She instantly felt frazzled and embarrassed.

"Oh, I'm so, so very sorry I didn't see you there. I was on my way home from work and just so happy to be out of the dingy factory and I wasn't watching where I was going. I-I suppose I'll get out of your way now." She fluttered awkwardly to the side to let the stallion pass.

post-2778-0-75476700-1335939773_thumb.jp

Stalwart managed a slight smile. 'This is a rather pretty mare...' he thought to himself.

[colour=#0000cd]"Oh, um...it's quite alright, miss," [/colour]the sturdy and apparently gentlemanly stallion said politely. [colour=#0000cd]"You're not delaying me in the least. I'm on vacation up here...but thinking about moving back. Do you know of any places that could use the services of private security or a bodyguard around here?" [/colour]He continued smiling, and flew alongside the mare.

He wasn't about to risk boring her with his life's story, but he earned a living in Canterlot currently, as a sought-after personal bodyguard for snooty rich ponies. It paid well, but it wasn't exactly fulfilling work; he was usually more of an accessory than a source of protection.

7oLky.png

Whirligig was somewhat taken aback when the stallion forgave her so quickly. "Well, you've chosen a lovely place for your vacation, I'm sure. Cloudsdale is a beautiful city - I've lived here my whole life. But as for bodyguards and security I-I can't really think of anypony. I'm mostly just working class, don't know any of the big ponies who would need anything like that. Sorry, Bluebird." She stopped, wishing she could help him more. Folding her wings, she settled herself on the cloud below and tried to think.

"The factory does have some security, but I'm fairly sure they're all hired through an agency of some sort. You could check out the Cloudeseum - they bring Celebs in all the time from around Equestria and I'm sure security agents are needed there. See, our main industry is, of course, the weather, and there's not much of that that needs guarding. We do have some royal guard ponies around town, though it doesn't sound like that's really what you're looking for..." she trailed off, noticing his cutie mark for the first time.

"Or maybe it is?" she gestured vaguely at his cutie mark, a questioning expression on her face. "What's that about, Bluebird? What's your special talent?"

Stalwart blushed a bit at the cute nickname the mare had given him.

[colour=#0000cd]"Well, you see, my late father was a retired royal guard who settled on the Northwestern frontier...and my special talent is acting as protection and a refuge for other ponies."[/colour]

He smiled a bit once more. [colour=#0000cd]"Of course, I'll take just about anything I can get...it beats being stuck on the ground in Canterlot acting like a burly decoration to the high and mighty nobleponies there."[/colour]

7oLky.png

Whirligig nodded. A protector, a fortress of security; She certainly liked the idea. And a father in the royal guard, how exciting! She wished she knew what sort of pony her own father was.

"That does sound like a bit of a bummer, though I don't think it'd be much different here. I don't know if I'd like it much in Canterlot. I mean, it's a nice city to visit, but I wouldn't really want to live there. I wouldn't really want to live anywhere other than here, actually - I love Cloudsdale, it's been my home for my entire life, and I like it that way. It's sad, a lot of my friends are leaving. My brother moved to Trottingham, my friend Skybright to Fillydelphia. I have a cousin in Ponyville and another friend is at University in Canterlot. Everypony seems to be in a hurry to get out of this place..." she trailed off.

"I'm sorry, I don't mean to bore you. I'm usually more optimistic than this and I really have no reason to complain. I have everything I need and I'm well on track to achieving my goals. Anyways, have you had a tour of the town? I could show you around if you like. I work at the factory, and there's plenty of shops, restaurants and bars in town. There may be a flight show on at the Cloudeseum tonight; not the Wonderbolts, probably a lesser-known group. You could inquire about jobs there. Cloudsdale is a multi-layered city, so it's kinda easy to get lost. My name is Whirligig, by the way. What's yours?"