The Academy Chapter 3 Daylight's End

Dabom444

[colour=#800080]"Velocity..." [/colour][colour=#000000]Lyria whispered. Oh no.... Was Angel here?! [/colour]

[colour=#800080]"Guys... I... I... I don't know if I can continue on with all of you gone... You were like my family... What am I going to do without you...?"[/colour]

Lyria whispered, staring at her fallen friends sadly. She turned towards her family, and broke down in tears... How could she survive... Was Angel up in the sky with her...? Had he passed in a tragedy she could've helped saved him in...?

Lyria's body started to falter as the spell that was casted on her started to wear. [colour=#800080]"No..." [/colour][colour=#000000]Lyria whispered, looking at Flashbomb and Velocity. She hugged them both, and sobbed heavily[/colour][colour=#800080]. "I-I can't do this guys... I'm not going to be able to carry on... Not without you two..."[/colour] She continued to hug them, as the tears flowed down her cheeks. [colour=#800080]"I can't do this... Please... I have to take you back... There has to be a way... To bring ALL of you back..."[/colour]

Swift woke up next to the corpse of Gadeget. She knew what had happened almost instantly. She shook his body, but it felt hollow and cold. She tried again, but got the same emptiness. She cried for as she looked to the dead body of her brother...she lost those close to her again.

----------------

Time looked up at the Steel Mare. [colour=#696969]"Hey your awake." [/colour][colour=#000000]He got up and saw where she was looking. [/colour][colour=#696969]"We both lost our brothers today...do you think the chaos will ever end?" [/colour][colour=#000000]As if answering the question[/colour] Deity spoke up. [colour=#ff0000]"There is no such thing as harmony." [/colour][colour=#000000]Time looked to Diety for a short while then back to Shimmer. If he didn't say it now, there might not be a next time. [/colour][colour=#696969]"Even if it doesn't, I'll always, be here for you...there's....*Inhales a deep breath.* theres always room for love in chaos, right?"[/colour]

Flashbomb Looked to Velocity and smiled, [colour=#0000FF]"We all will watch over you." [/colour]He said to Lyria. The crowds began to die down until it was just them standing in the etheral plane. He looked to Lyria, She was starting to break down about losing them[colour=#800080]."Guys...I....I dont Knowif i can continue on with you gone....You were my Family....What am i going to do without you...?" [/colour]He Felt his heart hang heavy as he watched her.[colour=#0000FF] "Lyria.....I....." [/colour] He heard hoofsteps once more behind him and his parents had Shown up. He turned his gaze, His expression had changed to a more lighter one. He felt Lyria grasp him and Velocity, He felt his heart yank at him with sadness as she held onto their Transparent forms. [colour=#800080]"I-I cant do this guys...I'm not going to be able to carry on...Not Without you two...."[/colour] She sobbed to them. Her tears Fell through their shoulders, He closed his eyes and sighed, great sadness had overtaken him. He returned the hug with his Left foreleg, Being how Velocity was on her left. [colour=#0000FF]"Lyria....You must be strong....I wish there was another way....but whats done is done." [/colour]He said to her, He felt himself flicker as his Essence was starting to fade. [colour=#800080]"I cant do this....Please....I have to bring you back...There has to be a way...To bring you ALL of you back." [/colour]She sobbed as she held them tighter, her grip beginning to losten as they started to Fade slightly. Flashbomb felt a few tears fall from his cheeks. He held onto her as tight as he could, their timw would be short. [colour=#0000FF]"Lyria.....Remember back at the Academy? When you joined you were all alone, Lost in a sea of Lonelyness. We became friends just as soon as i said hello." [/colour]He said quietly to her. [colour=#0000FF]"And remember when you contemplated Suicide when you preformed the Sonic rainboom? We cared about you so much and Marble and i Diverted you from that path." [/colour]He said. [colour=#0000FF]"you may think that You were weak, but you wernt Lyria.....You were the kindest soul there....You Brought happiness and support to Us when we needed it."[/colour]He said as more tears strolled down his face. His form began to Falter again and he Held her tighter as he felt himself fade evermore. [colour=#0000FF]"Everypony needs you Lyria! Your support is what they need right now! You must be strong!"[/colour]He said to her. He released the hug, His being now almost vanished. Lightning wind his father stepped forward and Smiled to her, His darkblue coat Transparent like the others. [colour=#000080]"[/colour][colour=#000080]Lyria....thank you for Watching over our son. Your friendship had helped him along, to look froward to the horizon." [/colour]He said in a low tone, his Golden mane flowing slightly. Flashbomb smiled to his father as he said those kind words. His mother stepped forward (Windgust) She had the biggest smile on her face as she tried to comfort Lyria. [colour=#0000FF]"You are a strong one lyria....You have the look of a leader...You are an inspiration to all. My son Looked up to you....He strove to be as good of a pony as you were. Your heart is pure....it will take you far...." [/colour]She said to her. They both turned around and trotted behind Flashbomb again. He looked at her with absolute Friendship. [colour=#0000FF]"Lyria....I wish for you to Bury me In the same Cemetary as Velocity's and his parents.....Since my parents graves no longer exist.....I consider them as much as my family as any...."[/colour] He said to her. He smiled as he began to fade from Existance. [colour=#0000FF]Protect Equestria.....So that This wont ever happen again. Say to The others that i Had a great ride....and im greatly sad that it is over.Tell Shimmer that...Im sorry and that She should stay strong as well. "[/colour]He said as his form Stopped at Barely being visible. His willpower kept him there, he wanted to wait for Velocity. His parents Faded and Dissapeared. He watched silently from the side.

Soon Leisha walked up beside Lyria and gently put her hoof on the mare, "come now little one, they are never truely gone, there in our hearts, i have lost many family today, each and every old changling was one to me," she closed her eyes for a swcond then looked back, "but we must carry on for there sake, so a bit of them lives on in us," Leisha smiled warmly.

Shimmer didn't look at Time when he spoke to her initially. She kept her gaze on Velocity's dead body. That was, until he mentioned there always being room for love in chaos. She smirked and gave a small chuckle, looking at the unicorn stallion, [colour=#696969]"Taking it a bit quick, aren't we?" [/colour]

[colour=#000000]She gives a genuine laugh, though there is still some sadness evident behind it, and leans over to him, giving him a small kiss, [/colour][colour=#696969]"But you're right. Always in chaos, there is love. With that, we can get through just about anything, can't we?" [/colour][colour=#000000]She huffs, wiping her free hoof across her ice blue eyes swiftly,[/colour][colour=#696969]"Sounds like something Velocity would've said." [/colour]She commented quietly.

Shimmer narrowed her eyes, looking into Time's. She sighs after a few seconds of this, and smiles bitter sweetly, [colour=#696969]"I'm glad to have met you. I only wish that it had been sooner, and under better circumstances."[/colour]

~*~

Velocity stayed silent for the most part, merely holding the mare hugging him and Flash as close as he could while Flash and his parents spoke to her. After they were finished, Velocity gave a small sigh, [colour=#daa520]"There's not really a whole lot that I can say to top that, other than agreeing, huh?" [/colour][colour=#000000]He grinned, despite the situation. [/colour]

[colour=#000000]His expression returned to the somber one he'd been wearing earlier, [/colour][colour=#daa520]"Lyria... You listen to Flash and them now, y'here? You're going to have to stay strong, if not just for yourself, but for everypony. Life will get you down from time to time, and there are pains that we must all endure, but they will always lead to brighter and better days in the end.[/colour] [colour=#DAA520]When you see Shimmer, and Carmus, I want you to give them my love, and let them know that... Well... I'm proud of them," [/colour][colour=#000000]He gestures behind him to the slowly fading Sentinels, [/colour][colour=#DAA520]"We're proud of them."[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Velocity tightens his grip on her one more time before stepping back, giving the same bitter sweet smile he wore as he died, [/colour][colour=#daa520]"Dry those tears now.. Tell them not to mourn for us. We're in a better place now, and you'll all see us again, when the time is right. I'll be sure to save you all a spot at the banquet table, eh? We'll have a big old family reunion. We're all Brothers and Sisters in Arms after all, aren't we?"[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Velocity stood beside Flash, giving Lyria a salute and smile as he slowly began to fade.[/colour]

[colour=#696969]"Maybe it was destined this way, though I do not know a cruel mistress who would have put us through...this." [/colour][colour=#000000]He said still looking in shimmer's eyes.[/colour]

(During the im proud of you song, the piano part at the end is playing here.)

Flashbomb Continued to smile at Lyria, [colour=#0000FF]"We will meet again someday Lyria Tell the story of our lives and the fun times we had. Dont forget us now Ya here? .....Thank you for everything.....Goodbye....." [/colour]He Said in a saddened but Lighthearted tone. His Legs began to blow away like dust in the wind He kept his gaze on her for a few more moments. He and velocity continued to Dissapear until they were gone. Lyria was now alone.

Horizon trotted over to Shimmer and time. He sat on his haunches and smiled at the two, [colour=#008000]"Do i sense a connection between you two? Heh....." [/colour]He Said with slight ammusement. He saw that Shimmer had Been patched up by The griphons as did time. He pondered though,[colour=#008000]"Shimmer? How did Flashbomb Pass? What happened here that led to his death?" [/colour]He asked her. He needed to make a record of Kia specifics so he could keep it logged.

Celestia smiled to her Sister and stood. [colour=#FFD700]"She is in a better place now Sister.....We need to Clean this mess up and Bury the dead." [/colour]She said. She turned and Saw a guard, [colour=#FFD700]"You there! Get a construction crew here and prepare To rebuild." [/colour]She ordered. Celestia peered around at the dead bodies here and there, [colour=#FFD700]"And get a group to round up all of the dead, search for any and all survivors whom are in need of assistance. Place them in the middle of this courtyard for the Mouge to take them and prepare them for Services." [/colour]She ordered as well. The guard nodded and trotted off. Celestia looked to Twilight and The Mane 6 [colour=#FFD700]"Take the elements back to your chamber Twilight. Keep them safe, You did well." [/colour]She said as she sighed. She trotted to the Destroyed throne room to begin Work.

Spitfire saw the medical team arrive. Arc and Deus stepped out along with 10 or more medical officers. [colour=#A9A9A9]"This place has seen better days hasnt it?" [/colour]Deus called to everyone. He had the team unload carts, medical supplies and so much more things. He trotted over to Carmus and shook his hoof. His grizzled face smiling to them, [colour=#A9A9A9]"Ah So your the commander eh? Ive heard of you,Shimmer, and her brother Velocity. Grand pack of officers you are. I.....Hey! Dont drop that you fool! Its worth more than you are!" [/colour]He said but shouted at a medic as he dropped a crate of Morphine. He chuckled and looked at carmus, He saw Sagebrush, and Shrike in the back as well as Spitfire as she examined Whisper's wing. [colour=#A9A9A9]"It seems everypony is getting a little training in medical arnt they?" [/colour]He said. He Released Carmus's hoof finnaly and put a toothpick in his mouth. His tail swished and he Looked at the Once proud Academy. [colour=#A9A9A9]"Wow.....ive heard reports of the Shadowbolt bomb here....but didnt know it did this much damage..."[/colour]He said. He peered at it in pity, [colour=#A9A9A9]"Hey! Is that mare over there (sagebrush) Have medical training? We could use her help on loading the wounded into the convoy, Then maybe you could help us with The wounded in Cloudsdale? What do you say Carmus?" [/colour]He said to Him. A griffon flew above head as he worked diligantly.

Shimmer shrugged, [colour=#696969]"Fate can be an interesting thing sometimes."[/colour]

[colour=#000000]She was about to say more when Horizon trotted over to them, [/colour][colour=#008000]"Do I sense a connection between you two? Heh....."[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Shimmer blushed slightly, but quickly shook it off as Horizon asked her how Flashbomb passed. She sighed slightly, [/colour][colour=#696969]"To be perfectly honest, I'm not entirely sure... I think he gave his life for mine." [/colour][colour=#000000]She sits straight, brushing her silvery blue mane out of her eyes as she speaks, [/colour][colour=#696969]"I had been trying to stop Thunder Swift out of vengeance, and he ended up throwing me into rubble, where I got impaled... I was nearly dead when Flash found me. He cut me down, removed the steel and did his best to save me. I think I actually was dead for a few seconds before Flash brought me back. I think he used an ability in his mask, or something along those lines, to pull me out of the dark. Bought me enough time before... well, Time, got there and finished up."[/colour]

[colour=#000000]She wipes her eyes as a few more tears well up as she recalls the sight of her brother's body falling to the ground as his shield crumbled. And the sight of Flash lying beside her after restarting her heart. Shimmer gave a heavy sigh, getting her emotion back under control before looking at Horizon again, [/colour][colour=#696969]"Is there anything else I can do for you?"[/colour]

[colour=#000000]~*~[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Carmus glanced over as the medical team arrived. He nodded to Deus as he shook his hoof, [/colour][colour=#b22222]"Just Captain, actually," [/colour][colour=#000000]He smiles slightly, [/colour][colour=#B22222]"Yeah. They're good kids."[/colour]

He chuckles slightly at Deus' outburst to the medic who dropped the supplies. He nods, [colour=#b22222]"You could say that, yeah."[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Carmus winced slightly. He could lie, say that it was just the bomb... No. It wouldn't be right, [/colour][colour=#b22222]"That was partly me. The bomb had done a number on the place but... It wasn't what sent it down completely. I took... measures... to get them out, and it proved to much for the damaged building. I am sorry to say not everypony made it out."[/colour]

[colour=#000000]The Captain nodded and called Sagebrush over. She waved a wing at them to let them know they were heard, and she would be over shortly.[/colour]

Carmus nodded to Deus final question, [colour=#b22222]"Of course."[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Sagebrush finished tying off the final knot in some stitches, then flapped over to them and saluted, her mane still pulled back in the ponytail, [/colour][colour=#006400]"Medical Officer Sagebrush. What can I do for you?"[/colour]

[colour=#800080]"No!!!" [/colour][colour=#000000]Lyria screamed. [/colour][colour=#800080]"This..." [/colour][colour=#000000]She took a deep breath. She had to accept it. For her friends.

Her family.[/colour]

Horizon shook his head as he wrote down the specifics of Flashbomb's passing. [colour=#008000]"sadly.....no....im not." [/colour]he said to her as he dotted the last sentence. He looked over to where Shimmer had looked, He saw the Cart with a stallion's body covered by a cloth. He knew that it had been Velocity's body. He trotted over and sighed, He had to take note of what specificaly happened to cause their death. He looked to Shimmer, [colour=#008000]"I honestly dont believe in having to write details on all of this. Im sorry shimmer." [/colour]He said as he Moved th blanket. He Looked Velocity over and Felt his heart sink. He wrote down every injury that he could see without touching him. He grabbed the blanket and slowly draped it over him once more. He wrote down a few more notes and sighed. [colour=#008000]"He looked so peacefull. As though he was accepting his fate with honesty.....Oh gods......Im so sorry shimmer...i really am...." [/colour]He said as a tear started to roll down his cheek. He hadnt known Velocity to well but he knew Shimmer from Bootcamp. He felt great loss catch him. He swallowed and heard A guard walk in. He had taken ahold of the cart and began to wheel it to the Courtyard. He watched Him go, and turned to Find Velocity's helmet laying on the ground nearby. He looked to Shimmer and time before trotting to get it. He saw Lyria run by and into the building. He took the helmet and trotted back to Her and Time. He sat down on his haunches and Looked the helmet over, the hud still blinking the same warning message about the loss of power. He watched it blink, And waited for Lyria to speak.

Deus chuckled. [colour=#A9A9A9]"Of course Sage, We could use your help with Loading up the wounded and Taking them to a medical EVAC area. Then its just the process of searching Cloudsdale. Shall we get to it?" [/colour]

[colour=#008000]"I honestly dont believe in having to write details on all of this. Im sorry shimmer."[/colour]

Shimmer nods as Horizon stepped over to Velocity's body to examine it, [colour=#696969]"Do what you have to..."[/colour]

She turned her eyes away shortly after the blanket was moved. She couldn't bear to see him. Not like that.

[colour=#008000]"He looked so peacefull. As though he was accepting his fate with honesty."[/colour]

[colour=#000000]She gives a bitter sweet smile, [/colour][colour=#696969]"That's just the way Vel was. Even if he didn't like something, he'd usually see it through to the end... He-" [/colour][colour=#000000]She rests her head on Time's shoulder as another wave of emotion hits her. Shimmer stays still and silent for half a minute, trying to keep from breaking down. She sighs and lifts her head back up, [/colour][colour=#696969]"He was a good soldier... A good brother."[/colour]

[colour=#000000]She watches a guard come in and wheel Velocity's body outside. Shimmer looks back to Horizon, who had moved off and picked up Velocity's helmet. It seemed that the HUD was still active, showing the messages that it had showed her brother as he died. The Sentinel heard another pony enter at a quick speed. She turned her head to see Lyria. She looked sad, as was expected given the circumstances, but she looked like she had something more to say, [/colour][colour=#696969]"What is it, Lyria?"[/colour]

Shimmer asked, turning her body around to face her fully.

~*~

Sage nodded, [colour=#006400]"Of course sir. I wouldn't mind it at all."[/colour]

[colour=#000000]The griffin who'd caught Sage after she blew the hall section from around her stepped up, "I'll bring a couple of my boys with me and help you to, if y'like." She said, gesturing behind her with a talon.[/colour]

Celestia peered back to soarin and smiled, [colour=#FFD700]"Of course you can stay with her Soarin if you so please." [/colour]She said to him as she continued to trot away. Rainbow dash looked to soarin [colour=#00FFFF]"Why did you have to ask? I figured that you could all along if you wished." [/colour]She said with a light tone. Guards trotted around left and right Moving bodies, Clearing debris and other such things. The process of all of this work would take a very long time to complete, Years would be needed just to bring Canterlot back to its original form. The guard Pulling Velocity's cart had stopped, He had let the cart set there as more bodies were wheeled in and placed around his. To his right, Flashbomb was moved in, The guards looked to one another as they continued to move the deceased. One found a mask nearby the building where Horizon, Shimmer and Time were. He picked it up and had looked it over, a small splatter of crimson was on the inside. He shrugged and set it aside inside the building. He turned to continue to help the others with their work.

Deus nodded To the griffon, [colour=#A9A9A9]"That would be most excellent." [/colour]He said as he prepared a cart with A wounded pegasus, There were not to many, he had to be carefull not to hurt them any further. He grabbed the cart on one side and nodded to Sage, [colour=#A9A9A9]1.....2.....4! i mean 3!" [/colour]He said in a joking tone. He and sage lifted the cart up and into the convoy. He turned to Carmus as he continued onto the next injured pony. [colour=#A9A9A9]"When all of this is done we will have to have a drink with Flashbomb,Shimmer and Velocity eh? He kept on saying as we drank cider that he needed to help those two. I wonder how his leg had held up in battle?" [/colour]He said as he grabbed another cart, a Griffon took the other position and he nodded, [colour=#A9A9A9]1.....2.....3! [/colour]He said. They carried the cart and placed in in the convoy. He chuckled [colour=#A9A9A9]"I have always wanted to get to know the Raptor team better! You and your team seem quite capable of solving anything. Or so im told." [/colour]He said as he closed the doors. He went to another cart, only a few more to go. Spitfire turned her gaze upon Carmus [colour=#FFD700]"Who is this Velocity and Shimmer i keep hearing about? Were they the two that had accompanied Twilight? I Didnt really speak to them but They seemed like good ponies. Flashbomb seemed to get along with them very well, Did you say he was in canterlot Carmus? along with them?" [/colour]She asked as she wrapped Whisper's wing up.

Deus and Sage had loaded the last of the wounded into the transport, He looked over to Carmus and smiled to him. He opened the door to the empty one and radioed Pick up and drop off [colour=#FFA500]"Understood Overseer, Report to Cloudsdale to Pick up and extract any Survivors. Clean up crew will arrive shortly to take any bodies." [/colour]A voice responded. Deus nodded and pointed over to the other open transport that he had left for Carmus's team.[colour=#A9A9A9]"Since we dont have any pegesai to spare you will have to use the Back up, Its not to hard to maneuver. As well if you wish to go to Canterlot first be my guest." [/colour]He said smiling to him. [colour=#A9A9A9] [/colour]He said as he entered the transport. The transport activated its Back up transport system, The magical energy coursed through it as it lifted off to go to Cloudsdale. The ride wasnt to long as they came to land. Carmus opened the door and stepped out, He Looked around and still saw that it was a mess. Clean up crews were loading up the fallen into their multiple Transports. Deus shook his head [colour=#A9A9A9]"Seems like we wont find anypony." [/colour]He said. Nonetheless he chewed on the toothpick and trotted out with his team to search.

(Hey i wanted to Fast forward this 3 days to the funeral so if thats ok just let me know, anybody want to say anything before the jump could do it now.)

(OOC: I am completely fine with the jump. Obviously, we need Lyria to say something to Shim and them, and I want to have Carmus show up and see that Flash and Vel are dead first, so I will do that in this post.)

The griffin nodded and signaled to her subordinates, and they began to assist.

[colour=#A9A9A9]"When all of this is done we will have to have a drink with Flashbomb,Shimmer and Velocity eh?"[/colour]

Carmus nodded in response, smiling slightly, [colour=#b22222]"I'm sure they'd appreciate that."[/colour] [colour=#000000]He said, assisting the teams with loading the carts.[/colour]

[colour=#A9A9A9]"I have always wanted to get to know the Raptor team better! You and your team seem quite capable of solving anything. Or so I'm told."[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Carmus chuckles, [/colour][colour=#b22222]"We try our best!"[/colour]

[colour=#FFD700]"Who is this Velocity and Shimmer i keep hearing about? Were they the two that had accompanied Twilight? I Didnt really speak to them but They seemed like good ponies. Flashbomb seemed to get along with them very well, Did you say he was in canterlot Carmus? along with them?[/colour]

[colour=#000000]The red stallion looks over to Spitfire, smiling with what could be called pride, [/colour][colour=#b22222]"They're my kid brother and sister. They told me they were her personal guards two years ago, so I would believe so," [/colour][colour=#000000]He nods, [/colour][colour=#b22222]"Yeah, I could tell that they were on real friendly terms with one another. And yes, I'm pretty sure that's where he ran off to after he healed, going by what Deus said."[/colour]

[colour=#A9A9A9]"Since we dont have any pegesai to spare you will have to use the Back up, Its not to hard to maneuver. As well if you wish to go to Canterlot first be my guest."[/colour]

[colour=#000000]The Captain nodded and signaled for the remainder of his team to pile in. He had stayed in Cloudsdale for only a few minutes before deciding to go to Canterlot to check up on his siblings, though Sage stayed behind.[/colour]

Upon arrival, they were greeted by the sight of teams lining up the deceased outside of a few buildings for extraction. Carmus, Shrike, a few griffins and whoever had come with them looked about at the ruins of what had been Canterlot. Carmus stopped a guard as he passed, [colour=#b22222]"Could you tell me where I could find Sentinel Shimmer, and Sentinel Velocity?"[/colour]

[colour=#000000]The guard winced slightly at the mention of Velocity, but gestured to the building where Shimmer and the rest were, [/colour][colour=#ffa500]"Over there..."[/colour] [colour=#000000]He said.[/colour]

[colour=#b22222]"Thank you." [/colour][colour=#000000]Carmus said, not entirely registering the guard's wince, and trotted over to the building. He hadn't seen his brother and sister since Cloudsdale, so needless to say he was anxious to see them. Upon entering the room, he was met by the sight of Horizon, Time, Shimmer and Lyria, but no Velocity. He furrowed his brow, walking forward a few steps before he saw the helmet in Horizon's hooves, the mask that had been set aside by a guard a few minutes earlier and the general sadness his sister and the others seemed to be radiating. He swallowed, and asked in a slow, uneasy tone, [/colour][colour=#B22222]"Where's... Velocity? Flash?"[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Shimmer looked at her brother. She blinked, a few tears managing to slip past, before shaking her head slowly. Carmus felt like he'd been punched in the gut. He stumbled, leaning against the nearest wall, [/colour][colour=#b22222]"Oh.. I see..."[/colour]

Lyria looked at Shimmer, and began to deliver the news. [colour=#800080]"I was able to talk to Velocity... In the after-life. As well as our fallen comrades, such as Flashbomb... Velocity wanted me to tell you, and Carmus[/colour], [colour=#800080]that he want's to give you guys his love, and that he is proud of you. That everypony that has fallen is proud of you."[/colour]

[colour=#800080]"Shimmer, Flashbomb also wanted to say that he is sorry.[/colour][colour=#800080], and that you should stay strong and well."[/colour]

[colour=#000000](I'm back. Sorry, couldn't get online for a bit.)[/colour]

Horizon looked at Carmus as he came in. He bowed his head once more when Shimmer told him of their deaths. [colour=#008000]"They risked it all to save others, I just wish that there was another way." [/colour]He said as he felt his heart get heavy. He trotted over to Carmus as he faultered and supported him. [colour=#008000]"I didnt know Flashbomb to well, Just during our training sessions when The SERS were just starting off." [/colour]He said as he let Carmus lean on him. [colour=#008000]"But Velocity, He was a proud stallion whom believed in the well being and safety of others. I mean......I dont know Carmus......." [/colour]He said as he bowed his head and allowed himself to wallow in sadness. Horizon looked up when Lyria told them the message, He was slightly skeptical about it all. [colour=#008000]"Well i believe you Lyria, You have Alicorns in your family." [/colour]He said. He trotted forward between everypony. [colour=#008000]"Ive seen many fall at the hands of our enemies, You know this to be true Carmus. But i believe that we have to move on. They were great soldiers and they wouldnt want us to morn them forever. They did their parts for us now its time for us to do our part and make sure that whenever something else like this happens we will fight to keep Everypony safe. Velocity Had the heart of a Warrior, His strive to save others was unmatched. I will say the same for Flash because he chose to sacrifice his life to save Shimmer." [/colour]He said. He grabbed Velocity's helmet and sighed. He looked around and found Flashbomb's Mask. [colour=#008000]"Celestia has decided that the funeral for everypony whom we lost will happen in 3 days. That will give us enough time to prepare the courtyard where the main battle took place for it. As well a memorial will be built at the Academy for Rememberance. Flashbomb and Velocity will recieve a warrior's Burial, They........wont be forgotten." [/colour]He spoke. He looked over his shoulders [colour=#008000]"Take your time guys, I have work to do. Once again......Im sorry." [/colour]He said as he trotted away carrying The two items within his mouth, the tang of blood on his tounge.

Spitfire sat and watched Carmus go, She sighed as she thought about all that had occured within the last day. She got up and smiled, it would only get better from here on out. Flashbomb and the other SERS would come back with battle scars but Victory within their hooves. She turned to the remaining griffons and ponies whom continued to work, [colour=#FFD700]"Alright lets get to work cleaning up would you kindly?"[/colour]She announced.[colour=#008000] [/colour]She trotted over to a pile of rubble and began picking up.

Rainbow dash held Soarin and felt tears begin to well in her eyes as Flashbomb was wheeled into the middle of the courtyard. [colour=#00FFFF]"First Velocity.....Now him....." [/colour]She whimpered. Horizon trotted by and saw Flashbomb's uncovered body. He cursed under his breath [colour=#008000]"I said for the guards to cover him." [/colour]He said as he trotted over. He covered Flashbomb's body and looked to Rainbow dash and Soarin. [colour=#008000]"Soarin is it? Could you take Rainbow dash to her friends in the Silver Quarter for rest? She needs it." [/colour]He asked politely. He trotted off [colour=#008000]"Who is responsible for the Deceased!? I want him brought here now!" [/colour]He shouted at the guards as he trotted away to work.

Deus, Sage,Arc and the medical team had found only 5 survivors. He was greately dissapointed by the meek amount of Alive ponies. He saw the large numbers of Gone souls that The clean up mop teams had collected. He turned and loaded more wounded into the transport.

(TIME JUMP 3 DAYS!)

(dunno if the embed will work. If so good, if not no biggy. Its for the entrance into the Funeral, Saronyx if you got music you want to use for the actual Funeral i wont complain. :) ) (and if it didnt work...i put the link in for it anyways if you wanna listen to it.)

The mist over canterlot hung heavily over Canterlot, The ruined city lay silently, broken towers still littered her streets. Tunnels were collapsed as well as many statues, The blood stains of fallen Warriors lay still on the brick Roads and areas where they had gone forever silent. Masses of ponies from far and wide slowly trotted the roads, Their gazes hung low as they were burdened with great sadness. The funeral for all the soldiers and lost was going to start soon. They had slowly poured into the courtyard for the final goodbye, Rain fell from the skies.

Leisha stood atop the stand with her other sister and looked down saddly at the crowd, a single tear fell from her eye before it even began.

Soarin stood nearby Rainbow Dash as he awaited the begining, hjs head was hung and closed his eyes

(OOC: I was thinking this

for the beginning of the funeral, like when it's all getting set up or something, though thinking about it, the one you chose fits pretty darn well. Aaand this
for when it's actually all going down. The first song I introduced in this post could work for when the speech is being given as well. It really all depends on which you think fits better.

EDIT: Oh my goodness, I completely forgot about Dawn and the D: Dabom, I'll leave that up to Celestia to deliver. Only seems right that Princess gives a eulogy for a Princess. That is, if you don't mind.)

Shimmer and her older brother listen as Lyria delivers her news. While a little skeptical at first, they decide to believe her. They lived in a world of magic after all. The two remaining Sentinels nodded, Carmus thanking Lyria for passing the message along, Shimmer pulled herself off of the cot she was sitting on and gave her friend a hug as she thanked her.

They watched Horizon give his speech, each of them smiling slightly at his words, [colour=#b22222]"Well said."[/colour][colour=#000000] Carmus says as Horizon leaves.[/colour]

~*~

Three Days Later. Day of the Funeral.

Three days. It had been three days since the battle. They had been victorious, but at what cost? The lives of so many had been lost. Lives that many believed still had so much to accomplish before their time. Commander Jet-Stream heaved a heavy sigh as he looked out over the assembly of ponies. It seemed like the whole of Equestria had pooled themselves in Canterlot's ruined courtyard. The Griffins had remained for the proceedings, serving as a sort of security, flying perimeter patrols of the area. The Commander watched a few fly by before looking at the ponies before him again. He was no longer in the armor worn by Raptors, instead he wore his parade uniform, a simply jacket of the Raptor red, white and black, adorned with the insignia of his rank. The Canterlot Royal Guard had remained in their armor, those that could still perform their job. The SERS and many of the Raptors were in their parade dress, like the Commander. Carmus was standing off to the side with his only remaining family, his sister Shimmer. Alongside them were the unicorn stallion, Time, that Shimmer had seemed to grow close to over the past few days, and the Wonderbolt Captain, Spitfire, whom Carmus had a wing resting on. Under normal circumstances the Commander would have chewed the Captain out for breaking attention in uniform. But he decided to let it slide, for every military pony there. It wasn't conventional, but quite frankly, that didn't matter at the moment. Jet-Stream and Carmus'd had a long talk, the Captain claiming he wished to resign. The Commander convinced him not to, with some help from Spitfire and Shimmer. Jet's own family, his wife and son, as well as his own three younger siblings, were there as well.

The proceedings were just about to begin. The Commander rose from his seat and stepped up the podium, nodding to the Princesses, Celestia and Luna. Alongside Twilight, her brother, Shining Armor, his wife, the Princess Cadence, and the newly restored Princess Leisha. After acknowledging them, he looks out over the crowd once more, and begins to speak, "For us, the storm has passed... The crisis, and the war brought with it, is over. But let us never forget those who journeyed into the howling dark, and did not return," He looks at Carmus and Shimmer, and from them his gaze wanders over the entire assembly. He continued, "For their decision required courage beyond measure; sacrifice, and unshakable conviction that the lives of millions, rested on the outcome of their fight... Our fight.

"As we start to rebuild, the former grounds of the Academy will remain barren, a memorial, to heroes fallen. They ennobled us all, and they shall not be forgotten. And though we still do not know the full list of casualties, even after three days, there are still ponies reported missing in action. We can only pray that they are found safely."

He gives a slight pause in his speech before continuing.

"Lieutenant Flashbomb, Doctor Argon, SERS Operative Gadget, Sentinel Velocity... And so many more, have posthumously been awarded the Honorantur, the Mark of Honor, for showing the integrity and willingness to risk their lives, for the benefit of many. Gadget, who fought bravely in combat. Flashbomb, who gave his life to save that of another. Doctor Argon, for the same reason. Velocity, who protected the Bearers of the Elements of Harmony at the cost of his own life." The Commander raised his voice slightly as he delivers his last line, the entirety of the Raptor forces joining in, "Ite in pace, milites, cetera tolle Lorem meruisset. Go now in peace, warriors, and take the rest you've earned."

Jet-Stream looked slightly to his left, where Horizon was standing with a group of seven raptors, two of which are Shrike and Alkaline, all armed with rifles. As the Honor Guard readied to give the salute, Jet-Stream turned to face the many caskets lined up behind him, each one draped by an Equestrian Banner, and saluted them, alongside every military pony there. At Horizon's command, the Raptors aimed their rifles into the sky, opposite the direction of the crowd, and each fire one shot simultaneously, three times. A Three Volley Salute to those fallen.