The Academy Chapter 3 Daylight's End

Dabom444

Horizon stared at the masks in the case, He sighed and felt more guilt waver over him. He looked up at the memorial and Felt his heart grow heavy with deep regret. He hadnt felt this in a long time but now he couldnt cope with it. He felt tears roll down his face[colour=#008000] "Its still my fault.....Velocity shouldnt have died.....I know he says it wasnt my fault, that he chose to do what he did....but Cud i should have Had my squad help him! I should have stopped him! We could have contained Swift and He wouldnt be gone! I just didnt see it until it was too late. Im fighting one moment then the next....I hear Shimmer crying Over his lifeless body. I feel so much regret, If that mask was so amazing as it is supposed to be, it shouldnt have killed him!" [/colour]He said. Spitfire's expression turned and she looked to Horizon as he let out the bottled up stress. She looked to Carmus and trotted closer to Horizon. [colour=#FFD700]"It wasnt your fault....it was nopony's fault."[/colour]She said to him trying to soothe him. Horizon looked to Spitfire, his dispair burning into her. [colour=#008000]"I could have done something! Anything! We couldve held Thunder Swift."[/colour] He argued. Spitfire looked at Horizon and felt deep regret for him [colour=#FFD700]"Thunder swift was not himself, The darkness had him possesed, He killed many with a single attack. Your squad would have been destroyed as well as the mane 6." [/colour]She said to him. Horizon kept silent for a few moments. Spitfire looked to Carmus for help.

Rainbow dash lay in her bed curled up next to Soarin. They had been living with eachother for a long time, She had grown closer and closer to him each moment they were together. She Had loved him with all of her heart, the magic essence had fed Soarin and kept him well. She was happy to be with him. She drew closer to him and cuddled him. She sighed and Continued to snooze.

(OOC: You're gettin' engaged! And you're gettin' engaged! Alla ya'll are gettin' engaged! couldn't help it)

Carmus stepped to the other side of Horizon, putting a hoof on the back of his shoulder, [colour=#B22222]"I understand where you are coming from, to a degree. Shortly after I first signed on with the Raptors, I was on a stealth-recon mission with my team, which included my brother before Vel. Things went awry, and the team was compromised, save for my brother and I. He went back to try and save them - which was against orders - and I could have gone with him. But I didn't. I chose to continue on with the mission." [/colour]

[colour=#000000]Carmus sighs slightly, [/colour][colour=#b22222]"The entire squad. My CO, my brother, all of them, were killed. If I had been there, I could have done something. If I had disobeyed orders, they would all be alive..."[/colour][colour=#000000] Carmus kneels down beside Horizon,[/colour] [colour=#b22222]"But I'm deviating. What Spitfire says, is true. Thunder Swift was like a Demon. You saw what he did to Shimmer, and that cost the life of another 'brother'. He killed a Flight worth of our Defense Squadron with barely any effort. You can't know the outcome of the battle had you and your squad intervened with Velocity. And if I know my brother, he probably would have told you to back off. He understood the risks, and he was willing to pay them, if his death meant the benefit of many. It's the Sentinel way.[/colour]

[colour=#B22222]"I'm not sure what I have to say is even helping matters, but you have to stop blaming yourself Horizon," [/colour][colour=#000000]Carmus looks at Spitfire, and from her he looks to the Statues and Memorial, [/colour][colour=#b22222]"Velocity was battling with a corrupt spirit ever since Cloudsdale. If he didn't do what he did, he may have turned and struck down the Bearers himself, as much as it pains me to say."[/colour]

Carmus himself was unable to keep from letting tears escape his eyes as he spoke.

(OOC: I am happy(ish)! I explained somewhat more in depth(not really) Carmus' reason for disobeying Shining's order to pull out, and other stuff!

I am also now entertaining the idea of a thinger going more in depth on the whole Sentinel family origins... hmm)

(Well cud, Looks like I went AWOL for a bit there, But.. I cant let the story end with Angel and Cloud being MIA... I just cant! :sniff: SO, Ill make up a excuse XD)

The fight was... Interesting, But mostly confusing. All angel could remember was the sound of glass breaking, Then falling, Then blackness. Apparently Cloud Dasher had carried him to a hospital for help. Angel slipped in and out of conciseness for weeks, But the time finally came. He recovered and was told he had to stay in the hospital for his wounds to heal. And the broken bones to mend again. Cloud Dasher kept him company through the process, Telling him stories and bringing him books. Stuff like that. It was only until 8 months later he was allowed to leave. First on his list to do was to make sure Lyria was alright, He was released from the Canterlot Hospital and he began to fly around, Trying to spot her. "[colour=#800000]Maybe CloudsDale?[/colour]" he thought to himself. Then, Out of the corner of his eye he saw the familiar shy looking mare sitting on a park bench. He smiled, He swung around and landed behind her Trotting up and sitting next to her. "[colour=#800000]H..Hey[/colour]" He said awkwardly.

As for CloudDasher, she quit the SERU, All she wanted to be was a wonderbolt. After helping angel, she was told about her friends and how they gave their lives for Equestria, She didn't want to see anypony close to her have to go through that again. After helping repair the academy, Life went back to normal for her and her stuck-up attitude, She showed off and stayed up late reading romance novels. Though, She would never know if Velocity did have a crush on her. But FlashBomb? Now that was just obvious. She laughed a little, She knew that her friends wouldn't want their deaths holding her back. That they would want her to keep going. So she would show them her stuff. That was a promise.

(Still a little awkward barging in on the end of the story like that.. I apologize again :( )

Liesha saw no reason to sulk around her room and went outside andbegan to teot the streets of Canterlot as she looked around. So much had changed, she wore her elegant crown and spotted a bridal store and sighed abd walked by, remembering her almost husband that was Soarins father, whatever happened to.him, she may never know.

(Out of the blue. :) )

Horizon Looked to Carmus and took in what he had said, as well as what Spitfire said along with him. He still had the spark of Regret pulse through him though and still blamed himself slightly for the deaths of Vel and Flash, but he wanted to try to push forward. [colour=#008000]"I guess your right yet again. Just like the Book said, Life rises from the Ashes of the lost." [/colour]He said wiping away a few tears. He got up and Let out a huff. He looked to Spitfire and smiled to her. He trotted away further down the memorial looking at the MIA Wall. He scanned each name until he found Angel Snapp and Cloud Dasher. He pondered what had really happened to them. They had vanished, Possably hanging low. He looked to Spitfire, [colour=#008000]"You dont know where they are huh?" [/colour]He asked her. Spitfire shook her head, [colour=#FFD700]"I Havent really searched all that well. Their bodies were never found." [/colour]She said to him. Horizon looked back to the wall and Raised an eyebrow. He turned back to them and smiled [colour=#008000]"Well thoughts aside do you have any plans for tonight now that the memorial is finnished?" [/colour]He asked them.

[colour=#000000](I think I'm gonna do one more RP and then end the Legacy storyline. Though I left a lot of lose ends. I mean The pocket watch is still gone and Time's not even freaked out about it yet.)[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Time thought about what Carmus said. [/colour][colour=#696969]"I wonder what my suit's ability is?" [/colour][colour=#000000]He thought. He looked around at the ponies around him. He realized something though. Angel, Himself, and chry-...I mean leisha, were the only ponies left that were there from the very beginning, with the exception of Deity. The memorial had a picture of the heroes on it, on there was Flash and Gadget. He remembered some things he had done before he got here.[/colour]

[colour=#000000](Flashback again!)[/colour]

Time approached a grave in the courtyard, it was a small grey tombstone and when he got there he sat down. [colour=#696969]"Hey there Gadget. Things are really starting to look up for us. Swift Blitz is getting shipped to Trottingham here soon and I'm going to propose to Shimmer...I haven't touched your since you left but Swift keeps wanting to change it. I know you'd want the same thing but it just doesn't feel right to not have your room be there. I still haven't found my pocket watch but maybe it's for the best that I don't. After all I have a life here now. The store is doing fine and I do wonder about some of the other ponies I have met along my travels. Some pony named Echo Forte keeps ringing a bell. I...don't know why but it sounds familiar."[/colour]

[colour=#000000]He sighed and got up. He had a sad look on his face but it quickly turned into a happy one when he looked at the rose in his hoof.[/colour]

[colour=#000000](Flashback end!)[/colour]

[colour=#000000](Also now it's time for Hipster Neo, "I got engaged before it was cool." XD)[/colour]

(OOC: Huulloo!)

[colour=#B22222]"As would a Pheonix." [/colour][colour=#000000]Carmus says after Horizon seemed to have come to terms. [/colour]

He himself wasn't fully sure what had happened to them, but he had a feeling that they were still alive. Velocity and Flash surely would have mentioned if they'd seen them in Caelum.

His face took on a knowing smirk when Horizon asked if they had plans for the night. Carmus kept it hidden from Spitfire until he got it under control, [colour=#b22222]"Well, I was planning on taking Spitfire somewhere pretty special to my family tonight in celebration..."[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Shimmer shrugs, leaning against him, [/colour][colour=#696969]"Well, I'm kind of like the Rogue, and Vel was the Tank... Maybe you're our white mage?" [/colour][colour=#000000]She blushes for a split second when she realizes what she said, facehoofing, [/colour][colour=#696969]"Well that's awkward.."[/colour]

[colour=#000000](OOC: I really need to develop more of the Sentinel's origins. Random thought)[/colour]

Lyria gasped. Was it?

[colour=#800080]"Angel!!" [/colour][colour=#000000]She smiled, and hugged him tightly. She started to sob lightly. [/colour][colour=#800080]"I thought I lost you!!"[/colour]

Horizon nodded, He kept silent and Looked out over Cloudsdale, Ponyville and Canterlot. [colour=#008000]"We will find them hopefully, For all we know they are right under our noses." [/colour]He said to them. [colour=#008000]"There is a Party in Canterlot for the completion of the reconstruction. It will be big. But i will let Jet stream know that you are busy, Although you could stop by if you deem it so." [/colour]He said to them both. He looked over his shoulder and smiled[colour=#008000]" Sadly though i will have to return with the last main raptor Squad." [/colour]He looked out over again, the sun had begun to slowly sink. [colour=#008000]"Even though we have our backs to the wall, When It all seems hopeless we will comeback. We wont dissapear, only Regroup." [/colour]He said to Them. He then focused on Carmus and trotted over to him and gave him a look of Brotherhood,[colour=#008000] "Fly true, Through dispair and Chaos. Forever pushing for Victory that seems evermore out of our Grasp." [/colour]He said to Him. He smiled[colour=#008000] "Remember that Carmus? One of the many sayings that us Raptors hold true." [/colour]He said to him. Spitfire stood aside and smiled warmly at Horizon, She looked to Shimmer and motioned for her to come say goodbye. Horizon chuckled [colour=#008000]"Im not leaving just yet Spitfire, I still have the party to Attend to." [/colour]He said to her.

Rainbow dash smiled and looked at Soarin with her rose eyes. [colour=#00FFFF]"My arnt you a flirt?" [/colour]She chuckled. She hugged him and nuzzled him. They continued to lay in bed. [colour=#00FFFF]"love you." [/colour]She said to him. She rested her head on his chest.

Angel Smiled to himself. He wrapped his forearms around Lyria "[colour=#800000]You didnt think you could get rid of me that easily, Did you?[/colour]" he joked.

CloudDasher woke up in her cot. A book covered her muzzle, She must have fallen asleep reading again, Something about reading made her tired. They had finished re-building the academy yesterday. So she was free to go home, Or to the party at canterlot. The party sounded fun so she decided to head to that. She got up and trotted to the new mess hall.

Rainbow dash's eyes snapped open when Soarin popped the question. She looked at Him and sat up, She couldnt believe her ears. She had a look of Sheer surprise. It seemed she was going to say no. Then the surpised look Turned into that of sheer happiness. She squeed [colour=#00FFFF]"Ohmygoshohmygoshohmygosh! Yes soarin! Of course i will!" [/colour]She hugged him and smiled [colour=#00FFFF]"Ive always wanted this day to come!" [/colour]She took the band and kissed him.

Liesha wondered why there was no one around then she remembered the party and sighed as she sat on a bench and stared off to toward the sky and sighed

Soarin held her, and the kiss for whay seemed like forever, before slowly letting it go and slipping the ring ontl her hoof

Carmus nods to Horizon, looking over at Spitfire, [colour=#b22222]"Yeah, we could probably stop by there. What I have in mind probably shouldn't take to long."[/colour]

The Captain listened as Horizon spoke. He looked him in the eye and placed hoof on his shoulder in a brotherly gesture, [colour=#b22222]"One of the best. Good luck with your return." [/colour][colour=#000000]He removes his hoof and looks up at the memorial.[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Shimmer lifted her head and noticed Spitfire waving her over. She stopped leaning on Time and stood straight, discreetly slipping the rose and beneath her wing - figuring she'll keep her engagement a secret until the party - before trotting over to her brother, Spitfire and Horizon, [/colour][colour=#696969]"What do you need?"[/colour]

She kissed him happily, then smiled. [colour=#800080]"I love you... So very much." [/colour][colour=#000000]She looked at him. [/colour][colour=#800080]"That's all in the past now. We just have to worry about the future."[/colour]

Spitfire looked to Shimmer [colour=#FFD700]"Well i figured that Horizon was leaving right this moment but it seems like he likes our company." [/colour]She said to her. She leaned in and whispered to her [colour=#FFD700]"Congratulations on the engagement. I kinda overheard, sorry." [/colour]She said to her so Carmus wouldnt hear. She leaned back and looked to Horizon. He smiled at all of them [colour=#008000]"I guess i also heard that Celestia and luna are getting a defence system so that we wont have to worry about enemies for a good long while. But that doesnt mean that the lands to the west or north are safe. Just ponyville, cloudsdale and Canterlot." [/colour]He told them. Herolled his eyes though [colour=#008000]"But we all know how "defences" Can work." [/colour]He said to them. Spitfire smiled [colour=#FFD700]"Yea i know all to well." [/colour]She said to him. (ok since we are 8 months into the future, magical tech has gotten more advanced.) A rumbling sound emmited from behind Horizon, He turned his gaze to see a personal transport land. The magic it emmited popped and sparked until It shut down. It opened and 2 Raptors stepped out. [colour=#008000]"Sargent Horizon, we are here to take you to Canterlot." [/colour]The green one spoke. Horizon looked to Carmus, [colour=#008000]"I still dont trust non pegasus propelled aircraft, but what the hay." [/colour]He said with a smirk. [colour=#008000]"Hope to see you at the party." [/colour]He said to all of them. He trotted to the craft and saluted the 2 raptors who respectively returned them. He trotted into the craft, the 2 guards followed. The hatch shut, the machine powered up. It emmitted a loud noise and took to the skies above, flying on course to the city on the mountain. Spitfire scrunched up her nose, [colour=#FFD700]"Flying Aircraft....What a joke." [/colour]She said with displeasure.

[colour=#696969]"Heh, it was only a matter of time before Unicorns figured out how to fly." [/colour][colour=#000000]Time said and humorously levitated himself up a few inches before he dropped.[/colour]

[colour=#696969]"Oh. Of course he like's our company, we're awesome!" [/colour][colour=#000000]Shimmer says in a joking tone. She whispers in response to Spitfire, [/colour][colour=#696969]"Ha, it's alright. Thank you."[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Both she and Carmus looked up as the aircraft landed to pick up Horizon. Carmus chuckled at his comment about non-pegasus aircraft, [/colour][colour=#B22222]"Good luck. And see you there, we'll probably be in the area anyway."[/colour]

[colour=#000000]He says with a salute. He looks to Spitfire, still smiling in mirth, [/colour][colour=#b22222]"Of course! If ponies were meant to fly, they'd have wings," [/colour][colour=#000000]he stretches out his wings and flaps them a few times,[/colour]

[colour=#b22222]"Which we do!" [/colour]

He chuckled, giving her a hug, [colour=#b22222]"You look cute when you do that."[/colour][colour=#000000] He said, he said in comment to her scrunched nose.[/colour]

Shimmer looked over as Time stepped up, commenting on how it was only a matter of time until Unicorns learned to fly and levitated himself a short distance before dropping. She chuckled, hitting him lightly on the shoulder, [colour=#696969]"I'll agree with that when you can levitate yourself onto a cloud." [/colour][colour=#000000]She smirks.[/colour]

The kiss was a welcome feeling for angel, But the best thing about getting out of the hospital was no more hospital food, The stuff was horrible. He looked at lyria "[colour=#800000]So, Whats been happening while I was stuck in the hospital?[/colour]" He asked her

CloudDasher finished her breakfast, Though it was more of a brunch at this point. She put her tray on top of a trashcan near by and trotted out of the mess hall, Turning down the new hallway of the west wing, The barracks were much nicer than before. She went inside and began to collect her belongings into her saddle bag. After packing she turned and went out the door. She looked out a window and saw SpitFire outside, She hadn't talked to her since the attack, CloudDasher just assumed that she was busy with paperwork and other things. She stepped outside, She assumed she should tell SpitFire she was leaving.

Lyria started to explain everything that happened, including the deaths of Flashbomb, Velocity, and all their other comrades. [colour=#800080]"Dawn's gone too... She.. Died because of me..."[/colour]

Spitfire goggled at Carmus's Jest at the ability to fly for pegesai. She gave him a Slight push when she said she looked cute with her nose all scrunched up. [colour=#FFD700]"Quit it your making me blush!" [/colour]She giggled. She looked over down the runway. They had built a small quaint Academy to keep the wonderbolt flow. It was way smaller than the 2nd one and even more smaller than the original. She hadnt really paid to much attention to anything except Carmus and the Memorial since. She thought she saw a Familiar mare in the window, but it was way to far for her to see who it was. She looked to carmus and smiled [colour=#FFD700]"Its so peacefull here, for the first time in a long time." [/colour]She said to him. She looked at Shimmer and Time [colour=#FFD700]"At least i think so." [/colour]She said to them. She streched and yawned loudly, [colour=#FFD700]"So Carmus what do you have planned eh? Im curious to see what it is." [/colour]She asked him with a flick of her tail. She felt renewed, like a soothing tone had overcoated them all.

Rainbow dash shed tears of joy, She hugged him again. She smiled as she did so, She glowed a radient pink. But this time it was alot of love, way more than usual. It flowed into Soarin and might have caused him slight surprise. She Released the hug and looked him deeply in the eyes. She locked another kiss with him, A flash occured and even more love flowed from her. After a few moments she released it and looked at the gold band around her hoof. She was so happy. She looked up to soarin, [colour=#00FFFF]"I think its time for Lunch. Im starving." [/colour]She said to him. She got of of the bed and whipped her mane out of her eyes, she was due for a manecut. She looked back to him and smiled. [colour=#00FFFF]"Lets get something to eat." [/colour]