The Academy Chapter 3 Daylight's End

Dabom444

Lyria gasped, staring at the bright pegasus in awe. What was happening?

[colour=#800080]"H-Hello?" [/colour][colour=#000000]She asked again, staring at the pony with her ears laid back. [/colour]

Shimmer landed softly behind Cloud, chuckling quietly, [colour=#696969]"Change your stance a little bit, and you could go from looking partially heroic, to villainous."[/colour]

[colour=#000000]She steps up beside her, [/colour][colour=#696969]"You doing OK?"[/colour]

Carmus nods, [colour=#b22222]"Sure, they can be a bit brash, but they'll be capable."[/colour]

[colour=#000000]He nods to Horizon, [/colour][colour=#b22222]"Thank you."[/colour]

[colour=#000000]The Captain falls silent and begins to eat, listening in on Spitfire and Horizon's conversation. He chuckles at Horizon's final comment, [/colour][colour=#b22222]"Aah, she'll be able to handle it... Maybe for the first week or so."[/colour][colour=#000000] He says casually before looking back down to his food.[/colour]

[colour=#000000]A few minutes later, Carmus looks up from his plate to see Time. The Captain nods, [/colour][colour=#b22222]"Of course. What's on your mind, Time?"[/colour]

Across the room, the old members of Ensis Squadron were all gathered around their own table, discussing the new recruits they were receiving, their assignments and the like.

Alkaline, still bearing scars from his skirmish with the corrupted Commander, leaned over to a mare who bore a striking resemblance to him, and whispered to her, [colour=#cccccc]"Hey, Thallium, watch this," [/colour]He taps the table, chuckling, [colour=#cccccc]"So, Shrike, how're those newest additions to the team treating you?"[/colour]

The Sergeant forcibly smacks a hoof against his forehead in exasperation, [colour=#40e0d0]"They are driving me insane! One of them questions every order I give, and constantly tries to flirt with just about any mare he sees. I swear, I am going to kill him someday. And then there's the other guy. He was fine, at first, but he's constantly sucking up to me, and I think he's trying to be my best friend or something. I'd be OK with that, I mean, I'm friends with you guys, but he is, simply put, an idiot."[/colour]

He shrugs, and sighs, [colour=#40e0d0]"He's strong though. I think that's his body's way of compensating for his lack of brain."[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Alkaline looked back to Thallium, who was laughing alongside some of the others. [/colour]

One of the other Sergeants, Chevron, who was also bearing scars from the conflict, chuckles gruffly, speaking in a gravelly voice, [colour=#ff0000]"We've got some pretty similar recruits it seems! One of mine is a major suck up, and the other one is a slacker. He is easily the laziest pony I have ever met. But I'll break him before to long, believe me!"[/colour]

The Raptors continued to speak, joke and enjoy each other's company.

The pegasus stays silent for a few moments continuing to look up at the stars above, It finnaly lets its gaze fall. It looks over its shoulder at Lyria, It watched her for a few moments before it turns to face her. [colour=#0000FF]"Hello Lyria, Wonderfull night we are having. Why are you crying?" [/colour]It asks Her, its tone of voice familiar to her.

No way.

[colour=#800080]"I... I... killed my friends over me trying to help some Nightmares... You Flashbomb... You know it was me. It was all my fault. I killed Dawn. Velocity... I just can't take it!"[/colour] She cried again. [colour=#800080]"I just can't believe that ONE stupid decision I made was the one that killed my best friends!"[/colour]

[colour=#696969]"Well...Shimmer and I have been dating for a while and...I was wondering if I could have your blessing to propose to her." [/colour][colour=#000000]Time said sitting at the table and sipping at his coffee.[/colour]

The pegasus tilted its head as though the name rang a bell. It looked at her for a few moments before it spoke again,[colour=#0000FF] "These nightmares....They controlled you....your friends......Us.....It was the darkness not you." [/colour]It spoke to her. It flashed and dissapeared, It reappeared to her right 10 feet away, [colour=#0000FF]"You blame yourself for the loss of your friends." [/colour]It said to her. It dissapeared and reappeared To her left now only 5 feet away. [colour=#0000FF]"But in truth you were unable to prevent it." [/colour]It dissapeared again. Silence for a few moments then it reappeared ontop of a wall 40 feet away. [colour=#0000ff]"Their.....our deaths.....Were not by your hoof." [/colour]It spoke to her. It looked up to the skies above, [colour=#0000FF]"It wasnt your fault. You were controlled."[/colour] It dissapeared once more. The voice rang in her head [colour=#0000FF]"You were controlled....you went yourself.....Its not your fault......" [/colour]The Voice died away. A small aroura of magical light formed beside her. A pegasus stepped forward from it, An etheral. It looked at her and smiled [colour=#0000FF]"Hi Lyria. Its good to see you." [/colour]It spoke to her. This one was different though, It was friendlier, It was Flashbomb. He looked at her with a Concerned look. He had no idea what happened to her. [colour=#0000FF]"Why so down?"[/colour]

Carmus taps his hoof on the table in a slow rhythm, chewing his food slowly as he thinks it over. He swallows, takes a sip of his drink and nods, [colour=#b22222]"Of course. I don't see why not. She seems happy around you, and her spirits seem to have taken a turn for the better. Yes, I give you my blessing to propose to my little Sister." [/colour]

[colour=#000000]He leans forward slightly, dropping his voice, [/colour][colour=#b22222]"You treat her good now, y'hear?"[/colour]

CloudDasher let out a sigh, Shimmer landed next to her but she kept looking up at the moon. [colour=#696969]"Change your stance a little bit, and you could go from looking partially heroic, to villainous." [/colour]CloudDasher laughed at the comment. "[colour=#00ffff]Its because im too hard headed.[/colour]" She joked. "[colour=#00ffff]You know.. I keep telling myself im ok, But in reality.. Ive been better[/colour]" CloudDasher looked down at shimmer. "[colour=#00ffff]I quit the SERS you know.. Im a fast flyer, But no RoyalGuard.[/colour]" She joked trying to lighten the mood.

Angel trotted around trying to find Lyria. "[colour=#800000]Lyria, Hey.. Where are you?[/colour]" He asked calling after her.

Shimmer chuckled at Cloud's comment, though her one changed slightly as she spoke, "Did you now? That's to bad. It was nice being able to call you a sister in arms I'll probably keep calling you that, but hey. What'll you do now? Just run with the Wonderbolts?"

She steps slightly in front of Cloud, "Do you want to talk about it? I mean, how you've been feeling?"

"[colour=#00ffff]I love to fly shimmer, I loved scouting. I was top scout in the SERS, but when CloudsDale was attacked..[/colour]" She pauses and lookes down at her hooves. "[colour=#00ffff]I was with him.. With Flash, He was... Messed up pretty bad. I should have stayed and helped him but.. I.. I left him. And now hes gone.[/colour]" She pauses and takes a deep breath "[colour=#00ffff]I just... I just dont want to have to look into another dying friend's eyes.. Ever, Again.[/colour]" CloudDasher puts face into her hooves. A few tears start to drizzle down her cheeks.

Spitfire Listened to Time as he asked for Carmus's favour, She smiled and continued to eat. She was almost done, She looked up to Horizon whom was still sitting there Eating his own food. She heard a slight commotion from the Raptors Further down the way. She laughed slightly at Shrike as he complained about his Squad. It was quite ammusing to her, she figured that Somepony in her squad would give her a hard time when she Joined. She finnished her food, She wiped her face clean of any leftovers and looked to Time, [colour=#FFD700]"She is a beautiful Talented mare, She is perfect for you time." [/colour]She said to him. She took her plate up for the cleaner, She then trotted back to the table. She felt a sneeze coming on. [colour=#FFD700]"Achoo!" [/colour]She sneezed into her hooves making a high pitched Squeak. Horizon laughed at her cute little sneeze, [colour=#008000]"Im sorry but that was adoreable." [/colour]He said to her. She was beat red but managed to chuckle along with him.

Rainbow dash nodded to Leisha as she sat down, [colour=#00FFFF]"Heya there princess, How are you enjoying your night?" [/colour]

Flashbomb glanced over his shoulder when he heard Angel snapp call for Lyria. He glanced back to her with the concerned look in his eyes.

Liesha looked down, "I dont deserve to be called a princess, I..I was so useless," she sighrs and slowly ate a little food, "No one wants me here, whats passion anyway, we have love...somewhere," she looked around wondering what ever happened to Cadence.

Time smiled. [colour=#696969]"Thank you, carmus...So how did your little plan go?" [/colour][colour=#000000]Time smile turned into a sly one. [/colour][colour=#696969]"I heard about your proposal plan to spitfire."[/colour]

Shimmer wraps her hooves around her friend, pulling her into a sisterly hug, "I know how you feel... I've seen that look more times than I would like. In my brother, in Flash."

She sighs, "Throughout the entire conflict."

Carmus watched Spitfire get up before finishing off the contents of his plate. When Spitfire returned, and sneezed, he tried his best not to laugh, but her facial exppression proved to much, and he laughed alongside Horizon.

The Captain put a hoof around Spitfire's shoulders in a mock possessive manner, "Tread carefully now, friend," he says to Horizon, before laughing again, "But you're right. It was incredibly adorable."

Carmus looks over to Time, "Not a problem, bud. Oh, you knew about that?"

He raises an eyebrow, before nodding, "Eh, no matter. It went well, all according to plan."

The stallion gestures to the band around the Wonderbolt Captain's leg.

Lyria looked at Flashbomb. Even though she wanted to believe that it really wasn't her fault, she couldn't.

[colour=#800080]"I could've prevented your deaths! I could've! There is always a way to prevent stuff like that, and I know I could of prevented the deaths!" [/colour][colour=#000000]She sobbed. [/colour]She cloud have tried harder. Why didn't she? [colour=#800080]"I could've tried harder, and I didn't! I'm sorry..." [/colour][colour=#000000]She sniffled, tears still flowing down her cheeks. [/colour][colour=#800080]"You guys shouldn't of died... It was all my fault.." [/colour]

Spitfire Smiled Brightly at Carmus as he showed Time her wedding band, [colour=#FFD700]"All acording to plan." [/colour]She chuckled. A sound of an announcer came up. [colour=#D3D3D3]"After your all finnished eating please return to the main lobby, Princess Celestia, Luna, Twilight and Leisha Will then adress you all." [/colour]The announcer pony called across the room. Horizon looked over, [colour=#008000]"Here we go....The defensive barrier will be up soon."[/colour] He said. He looked over to Spitfire, Carmus as well as time. [colour=#008000]"I will see you later, i gotta help with the precessions." [/colour]He said to them. He nodded to time [colour=#008000]"Best of luck to you pal." [/colour]He said to time. He got up and left out the exit to the main lobby. [colour=#ffd700]" I still wonder if this barrier defence system that he keeps telling us about will actually work." [/colour]She said to Carmus. She decided to wait for carmus to funnish before they followed Horizon.

Rainbow dash Patted her on the back, [colour=#00FFFF]"Liesha, you know that Every princess big or small holds some role. If you were gone Liesha, the balance of harmony would be offput. And yes Cadence is the Princess of love, but Without Passion how could love Flourish?" [/colour]She Said to her. She glanced over to Soarin, [colour=#00FFFF]"You have a wonderfull son who is the kindest One that i know. Your needed much more than you realize." [/colour]

Flashbomb looked at Lyria with sadness, [colour=#0000FF]"We both know that The nightmares....the darkness.....and the evil were just to powerfull for anypony to stop. It wasnt your Fault Lyria, Not at all. Im overjoyed that Angel, as well as Cloud Dasher are ok. You still have them, An you will always have us." [/colour]He said to her. [colour=#0000FF]"Lyria, i came here to make sure your alright, Dawn allowed me passage for only one more time. Velocity, Dawn and i dont want you to Cry about our deaths. It was 8 weeks ago. I know how you feel Lyria, I really do. Look to the Future, with Angel. He loves you Lyria and now he is back with you."[/colour]He said to her. He heard another sound Come from an area nearby. The bright Glowing Pegasus had been watching him. He knew how much his Ancestors as well as the Guardians of Calcelum Hated his Trifiling to Come back to talk to his friends. [colour=#0000FF]"The Guardians wish for me to leave Lyria, but i wont until i know you will be happy. I cant rest in peace until you are." [/colour]He said to her. He reached out to her, Surprisingly his hoof Actually touched her. He smiled at her [colour=#0000FF]"Please Promise me that you will let this Burden fall. Its not good."[/colour]

Time smiled at the band. [colour=#696969]"It's very nice." [/colour][colour=#000000]He looked at[/colour] [colour=#000000]the happy couple. [/colour][colour=#696969]"I heard Soarin was gonna propose to dashie, you two know if it's true?"[/colour]

Lyria sighed. She looked down, and another tear slipped down her cheek. [colour=#800080]"Okay... For you Flashbomb.." [/colour][colour=#000000]She smiled slightly, looking back up at him. [/colour][colour=#800080]"I'll try to get over... I'll get over it."[/colour]

Angel kept looking around for Lyria, Eventually he spotted her sitting the the garden. He began to trot over to her. "[colour=#800000]Hey, Lyria. Are you alright?[/colour]" He asked. Approaching her from behind.

CloudDasher felt Shimmer pull her into a hug. She wrapped her hooves around her neck. She tried to hold back the tears the best she could. "[colour=#00ffff]Ill be fine.[/colour]" she said through Shimmers mane. "[colour=#00ffff]​I'm too cool for tears.[/colour]" She joked. Again her cockeyness had gotten the best of her. "[colour=#00ffff]Thanks, Shimmer. For everything.[/colour]" She told her. Releasing from the hug.

Liesha nodded To Rainbow Dash as she slowly headed out to fake her place beside the other princesses, not to eager to, she still felt a pit of emptiness.

Soarin watched his mother go and held Rainbow Dash's hoof, "your so sweet,"

Flashbomb had nodded to her, He heard Angel's voice behind them, He dissapeared into the dark,[colour=#0000FF] "Thank You Lyria." [/colour]His voice echoed before it vanished. It was unknown if he had seen him.

(Ever so sorry for the long wait. I was at Hershey Park all day, and my phone died on me half way through. Anyway, to business,)

Carmus listens silently as the announcement was made, and the short conversation between Horizon and Spitfire. He nods to Spitfire as he clears his plate, standing and picking it up, [colour=#B22222]"Same here. But, we'll never know until we check, huh?"[/colour]

[colour=#000000]He carries his dish over to the pile before walking back over to his fiance, [/colour][colour=#B22222]"Alright then. Let's be off."[/colour]

The Raptor Captain looks to Time as he walks, [colour=#B22222]"Wait, really? Huh, guess it's the time for ponies to be getting engaged, eh?"[/colour]

Shimmer chuckles at Cloud's comment, giving her one more squeeze before releasing her. The Sentinel smiles to her friend, [colour=#696969]"Not a problem, Cloud. Good luck, with everything."[/colour]

Spitfire Followed carmus into the first room that everypony had been in before, But something was different, A large beacon of sorts stood before them. Spitfire Gawked at it and how tall it was, It seemed that it was made of some sort of metal, a large Crystal had adorned the middle of the metal pinnacle. [colour=#FFD700]"Sweet Celestia, Its incredible." [/colour]She said as she looked upon it. She looked to Carmus then jumped when the ground shook with a pulse of energy That emmited from it. She quivered slightly and took a deep breath. [colour=#FFD700]"It seems unstable." [/colour]She said to Carmus. It pulsed again this time less violently but the rumble ran on for what seemed forever. She examined the Beacon for a couple moments before she heard the crowd of ponies trot in behind her. They all look at the Beacon with utter amazement. It gave off a humming noise before it pulsed yet again. Spitfire felt uneasy and it showed. Her Feathers Ruffled, and her eyes slightly dialated. She didnt have a fear of the object but Uncertainty.

Rainbow dash got up, she trotted into the room where everypony were now. She looked at the large object up on the stage. She drew close to Soarin as it pulsed. [colour=#00FFFF]"W....what is it?"[/colour]