The Academy Chapter 3 Daylight's End

Dabom444

Carmus nods slowly, looking up at the device, [colour=#b22222]"Yes... It is quite a sight."[/colour]

He says in response to Spitfire. He braces himself when the floor rumbles, keeping his eyes on the machine, a mix of awe and apprehension flashing behind them.

Carmus glances over at Spitfire, wrapping one hoof around her's, [colour=#B22222]"It'll be fine... The Princesses know what they're doing."[/colour]

Spitfire stared at the beacon for a few more moments, She held Carmus's hoof tightly each time it emmited a pulse. Celestia had appeared along with luna, Leisha, And Twilight. She looked down upon the crowd with vigil eyes. The ground shook again which brought her attention to it. She watched it for a few moments before she spoke.

[colour=#FFD700]"Citizens of Equestria, Do not be alarmed by the large manifold before you. It is perfectly safe i, we can assure you. [/colour]She announced to them. Several others formed below her. Horizon, Jet stream, and a few other Raptors. [colour=#FFD700]"This device, this beacon is The beacon of Harmony. It has been in the making ever since The battle of the skies at the Academy so long ago." [/colour]She said to them all. [colour=#FFD700]"It was an idea as well as a project of Dawn's Sadly she couldnt finnish it. But with the help of Princess Twilight, Leisha, Luna and myself As well as many Of the Military scientists it is now in its final stages."[/colour]She said.

Twilight stepped forward and nodded to The princess. The Machine rumbled yet again shaking the whole building. [colour=#800080]"Thank you Princess Celestia, And thank you all for coming. Now as you can see the beacon is not yet finnished but it soon will be. Dawn had Designed everything about it, Down to the articulate Detail. It harnesses the powers of the Elements of Harmony It then dissalutes it And Disperses it in ultrasubsonic frequencies."[/colour]

Spitfire raised an eyebrow, [colour=#FFD700]"I dont have a single clue what that means." [/colour]She whispered to Carmus, Dumbfounded by the very large vocabulary.

Twilight continued, [colour=#800080]"The Large gem you see in the middle is an Archaleum Serpentus stone, Very, very Rare. It has the power capacity to Hold, Charge and Resulitify Any magical power within its Shell. In order to Keep it from well.....Exploading in on itself we needed a rare mineral metal to House it. Luna provided us with Shade Strife Mentalum. It Restores and checks the power waves to keep it from destroying itself. The rumbles you feel are the Gem trying to do so." [/colour]

Rainbow dash stepped up [colour=#00FFFF]"So your telling us that you brought a Dangerous Artifact into Canterlot that in any moment could hurt somepony?"[/colour]She called up to Her friend.

Twilight shook her head[colour=#800080]"No not at all Rainbow! We wouldnt bring in something like that unless we knew it was controlled, Its in a stable stasis right now." [/colour]She reassured her.

ponies in the crowd began to murmer and talk amongst eachother. Many of them didnt like it.

Spitfire looked to Carmus[colour=#FFD700] "Carmus....I hope Jet stream and Horizon know what they got us into."[/colour]

Carmus listened to and watched the presentation in relative silence, merely holding Spitfire's hoof.

When she mentioned her hope that Horizon and Jet-Stream knew what they were getting them into, he nodded slowly, "Yeah.. I hope so to. I trust them, but that doesn't mean I'm not skeptical about this."

Angel trotted over to her. "[colour=#800000]I do too..[/colour]" He told her. He sat next to her and pulled her into a hug. "[colour=#800000]I. Do.. To.." [/colour]He told her.

CloudDasher sighed "[colour=#00ffff]Guess I better go back inside, Im the life of the party after all.[/colour]" She joked. Trotting back inside.

Twilight looked around the crowd She was loosing their favour.

[colour=#800080]"Now Everypony listen! It is perfectly 100 Percent safe! It has been reviewed and checked multiple times. It wont hurt anypony whatsover!" [/colour]She announced to everypony. The beacon shook once again and subsided.

[colour=#00FFFF]"It seems to me its about to Blow Twi!" [/colour]Rainbow dash called.

Twilight shook her head [colour=#800080]"Its Stable Rainbow! How many times do i have to say it?" [/colour]She shouted to her friend. The crowd murmered again this time a little more Anxiously.

Celestia stepped forward. [colour=#FFFF00]"Everypony Please, Twilight Is a reliable pony. She wouldnt put any of you in harms way!" [/colour]She said to them all. [colour=#006400]"What about that time She used that doll of hers to put everypony under a spell so she could fix it huh?"[/colour]One bystander shouted. Celestia looked to him [colour=#FFFF00]"That was just a slight mistake! She has grown in knowlege! She just wants to help everypony." [/colour]She assured him.

Spitfire Stepped forward with a raised eyebrow [colour=#FFD700]"And whats the catch for this Protection? There is one i can tell."[/colour] She questioned them.

Celestia got a look on her face that put Spitfire off ease. Celestia looked back to Twilight with a concerned spark. Spitfire felt frantic, [colour=#FFD700]"Well then What is it!?" [/colour]She demanded.

Celestia closed her eyes and turned back to the crowd. Twilight stepped up next to her. [colour=#800080]"The catch.......Well.....Like the Crystal in the crystal empire it will protect us from evils that Wish to hurt us. But unlike It......The crystal in the empire Feeds off of the love and enjoyment of the Ponies around it causing no withdraws whatsoever."[/colour] She said.

[colour=#FFD700]"What are you getting at?" [/colour]Spitfire demanded.

Twilight looked to her [colour=#800080]"This gem.....Its so powerfull....Able to hold anything and destroy any evil with the shield it provides....it requires something to keep it going."[/colour]She said to her.

Spitfire stepped back as it rumbled again. [colour=#FFD700]"W.....what....."[/colour]She studdered.

Twilight sighed [colour=#800080]"Life force....."[/colour]She said to them. The crowd started to Frantically chatter among themselves. fear pulsed through spitfire.

Horizon stepped forward. [colour=#008000]"Now hold on! It does need lifefoce yes...it would completly drain just a few ponies if they were alone! But with the size of the crowd it will evenly take what it needs without anypony falling! It will only cause slight harm! Sacrifices need to be made to keep the evil away! Its either this or risk another war!"[/colour]He shouted.

Spitfire glared at him [colour=#FFD700]"You said it wouldnt hurt anypony! Are you telling me you gave us food and got our hopes up just so you could sap us for this Beacon!? You dont even know if it will work!!"[/colour]

[colour=#000000](Teleporting Time to the front of the crowd...)[/colour]

[colour=#696969]"Your a fool Twilight Sparkle! You always have been and you always will be!" [/colour][colour=#000000]Time yelled in anger. [/colour][colour=#696969]"Why won't your little precious [/colour][colour=#ff0000]Elements of Harmony protect us?" [/colour][colour=#000000]Time, for just a split second looked exactly like Deity but quickly it subsided. [/colour][colour=#696969]"This Gem might even be a lie, this Gem [/colour][colour=#ff0000]may even call upon evil [/colour][colour=#696969]instead of deflect it. [/colour][colour=#ff0000]Why should we trust [/colour][colour=#696969]you?"[/colour]

[colour=#000000](I'm going to go off on a limb and say that since he proposed already, Shimmer's family, rainbow dash, spitfire, and any pony who has seen Time change knows who Deity is and what sparks him. So Angel, Leisha, Celestia, anyponies I'm forgetting.)[/colour]

(EDIT: Also remember that unless Time lets him, he can't take over. No Pocket Watch.)

Twilight Felt a sudden Burst of Anger [colour=#800080]"Im a fool? Your no better than anypony in here Time! I know your complete and utter Distrust and mislike for me but That doesnt Dictate Name calling! And if you dont see that The elements only Waver off the Evil that Subdues this land! And since Fluttershy is gone We barely had it in us to Send the darkness away Time!" [/colour](Since i forgot that Flutters was Lyria's mum and she had passed away which i sincerly appologise.) She stamped her hoof down. [colour=#800080]"And why should you trust me Time? Because i have done noting but put myself on the line! I gave it my all trying to help everypony and all you do, You time! Is disrespect me and only see my flaws! Im not perfect! I try ok? I consolidated Celestia, Luna, Leisha and Dawn before she Passed! I studied these gems for a lifetime or more! I know that it will work! All it asks is for a small price! It wont Kill anypony, it will take an even amount of energy from everypony! It needs this energy to work or We could risk Another war time! You need to see that i am trying to help you all! That we are trying to help you all!" [/colour]She shouted.

Celestia put a hoof on her shoulder and calmed her. She looked at time [colour=#FFFF00]"She is telling the truth, She works hard for us all. Now isnt the time for Conflict."[/colour]

(I'm going to cheat Shimmer into the room with Time)

Shimmer looks to her fiancé as he shouts at Twilight. She was aware of the distrust between the two, and it was something that saddened her. She loved Time, but still had an obligation to Twilight as her guard. Shimmer places a hoof on Time's shoulder, speaking calmly, "Celestia is right, Time. Please, calm down."

Carmus remained silent throughout most of the 'conversation', merely standing by Spitfire. He did agree with her, though. Especially when Twilight mentioned the price of the gems. After Celestia calms Twilight and, alongside Shimmer, addresses Time, he speaks, "These gems are like a larger version of the shield used by my brother. What I am mainly curious about, is do these gems need a constant feed, or do they store excess energy for later use? They would seem pretty impractical if we needed to have a constant group of volunteers standing before it!"

Twilight let out a sigh when Shimmer attempted to Calm Time. She looked to Carmus when he brought up his question, [colour=#800080]"Yes it is the same technology as The masks Carmus, Dawn wasnt able to perfect it and sadly neither was i. It....It will need quite a bit of Life energy, I found out that if it attached to one or just a few Ponies that it would Drain them till they were no more, I didnt test it i just read about it. Then i found that if a large enough mass of Ponies came together and Let the gem drain them all evenly nopony would be seriously harmed. It would gain all the power it would need. As long as no pony draws to close to it, it will Evenly take what it needs. If though somepony got to close it would focus on them and Sap them to nothingness."[/colour]She explained. She took a breath [colour=#800080]"It should only need one Charge to power the barrier, But if it needs another charge it wont need it for over 50 years." [/colour]She said to them.

Spitfire continued to look up at her, her emotions and questions were pulsing through her mind. [colour=#FFD700]"So what now? I hope you are a hundred percent sure." [/colour]She said to her. Rainbow dash nodded in Agreement [colour=#00FFFF]"Twilight are you sure?" [/colour]She asked her.

Twilight Nodded [colour=#800080]" It will work i know it will."[/colour]She said to them all.

Spitfire sighed, She gave a look to Carmus the Fear in her eyes was quite visable. [colour=#FFD700]"Carmus....What if we loose somepony in the process, i couldnt live with myself knowing that We could have prevented it. What about those with weaker endurance? What if one faulters? But if we dont then we Might have the Darkness return and we will lose so many more." [/colour]

[colour=#000000]Time was fueled by anger, making deity smile at the thought of fresh blood. [/colour][colour=#ff0000]"How dare you speak to an ancient of Power like that!?! In one spell I could end your miserable existence! I believe you were made a princess because you were so Perfect! Because you displayed all the qualities of Harmony! Is mercy and truth not considered part of that? Royalty can never be Trusted! First Discord, then Sombra, then Leisha, it's all the same with all of you! Each and ever-" [/colour][colour=#000000]Deity looked to the pony who put her hoof onto his shoulder. His cold, dead, pure white eyes started into Shimmer's warm ones and in an instant, Time returned to control and appearance, his eyes staying on Shimmer. His normal Blue and intelligent eyes returned and had a very apologetic look to them. Not to Twilight but to Shimmer. [/colour][colour=#696969]"I'm sorry..."[/colour]

Carmus looks into her eyes, and hugs her, "We won't. The gem should fill soon enough, and we won't have to worry about it anymore."

He gave a look to Twilight that clearly read 'It'd better be full soon'.

Shimmer smiles at him, "It's alright.. I'm here."

She hugs him, "You just need to keep calm."

Twilight Finnaly let out a sigh Her explainations of the gem Had exhausted her. She looked at Time with slight anger, she was frustrated. She looked to the other Royals about her [colour=#800080]"Alright i will activate the gem, When i do everypony stand 30 feet away, no more no less." [/colour]She Quoted her Directions to everypony. Everypony nodded and awaited for her to start.

Twilight stepped Forward, her horn had begun to glow. The Beacon shook once again which put everypony on edge. She Trotted a litle closer until the magic Arched to the gem. It glew a bright blue and flashed. She jumped back and stood 30 feet away waiting for the spell to register.

Time looked at the gem in disgust. Just how much Time did he have left? Eventually the time he skipped would come back to him. If his theories were correct, his life span is shortened when he uses Time magic and when time is affects him. 2000 years is a long time, the kickback would be very rough. He felt deity try to jump out of his throat but he kept him contained. Deity took a shape to his left. (Can only be seen by Time, ghosts and alicorns. Everyone can see Time talk to the air though.) [colour=#696969]"What is your problem." [/colour][colour=#FF0000]"She is my Problem!" [/colour][colour=#696969]"I know we don't like her but you could have contained yourself!" [/colour][colour=#ff0000]"That was all you, I just saw an opportunity." [/colour][colour=#696969]"Your not exactly innocent there. I didn't want to go that far!" [/colour][colour=#ff0000]"Well we did!" [/colour][colour=#696969]"Why can't you just behave?" [/colour][colour=#ff0000]"Asking a fallen Royal knight turned into a Demon to behave is like asking a royal to not ask for Tea and scones, like asking a pegasus to not fly, like asking a murderer to not kill. It does nothing!"[/colour]

Spitfire looked to Time as he spoke to something that he called Diety. She had no idea what in the world a Diety was but that was the least of her worries.

The gem flared and began to glow insanely bright. Twilight stood 30 feet away watching as it cycled. [colour=#800080]"Stand strong everypony! Stand 30 feet away!" [/colour]She shouted over the humming. The gem in the beacon flashed once again then the spell came about.

It hit everypony in the room like wildfire, Spitfire felt instant discomfort Hit her like a brick. She cluched onto Carmus In fear of loosing him somehow. Her muscles began to Fatigue, her Breath was cut short as it sucked the life straight from her. Everypony even the princesses were being Drained. [colour=#800080]"Hold Fast! It will need a substantial amount of Charge to Fuel the harmony shield!....Dont Loose hope!"[/colour] Twilight yelled. The discomfort overbearing her.

Rainbow dash had begun feeling The Discomfort intensify, she stood closely to Soarin as she was drained as well.

Spitfire felt the Discomfort fade and what took hold was worse, Pain. She felt her body screaming at her to run as the Adrenaline kicked in. She stood gritting her teeth still holding onto Carmus. The gem had gotten to a third full at this point Drawing energy from everypony in the room. It was horrible to withstand this but it was for a greater good. The crowd stood holding the Spell true.

Spitfire felt her muscles begin to sting, it wasnt bad at first but began to intensify. She felt everything. [colour=#008000]"This is to stave the Darkness Everypony!.....No more struggles....Just keep it up!" [/colour]She heard Horizon yell. She didnt want to continue but she knew that this was a chance at Harmony, for the evils to be pushed away.

Soon though she felt her Muscles begin to Give. She looked through one eye to see ponies faultering. She groaned and began to feel light headedness take over. She held Carmus Closer to herself as she began to fear for them all. [colour=#FFD700]"Carmus....I...I dont want to lose you...."[/colour] She said to him through breaths. The gem had reached 2/3 point. But now many had begun to fall The spell draining them more. Rainbow dash saw as they did it Drew more energy out of them. They wouldnt make it. Spitfire took note of this too, Something had to be done, Somepony had to Step in.

Twilight had begun to Faulter as did the other Royals. The gem flared again as it drew the needed energy in. 7/8 full almost there.

The gem had took so much that now many had begun to fall as well. Rainbow dash Tried to step forward to take more of the brunt but she fell to her knees like so many others. [colour=#00FFFF]"Darn....It!....." [/colour]She growled as the gem took more from her. She heard a hoofstep and opened one of her eyes, through blurry vision she saw somepony moving forward Twoards the crystal. Spitfire.

Spitfire had seen what was happening she had let go of Carmus and began to move closer to the beacon. It took note and began to drain Alot from her. She felt Every moment of it, she slowly made her way closer until she was 15 feet away, the gem directed most of the Drain on her. [colour=#00FFFF]"S....Spitfire! Step.....Back!" [/colour]Rainbow dash pleaded. Spitfire couldnt hear her, the spell had taken mostly all of her senses except sight. Her vision a massive blur. She felt her last drops of energy being taken from her. Her body completly numb now.

The gem Flared one last time before it broke the spell from the crowd. Many were down on the floor in utter Exhaustion and pain. Horizon whom was on the floor had his eyes closed throughout the whole ordeal chuckled slightly [colour=#008000]"We......We d....did it everypony! We....." [/colour]He spoke but was cut off when he looked up to see spitfire much more Closer to the gem than anypony else. [colour=#008000]"S....Spitfire....." [/colour]He coughed.

Spitfire stood stareing at the beacon. It glowed a faint Rainbow colour. She stared at it in utter amazement, it had stopped rumbling and had become so peacefull. Her ears rang, the rest of herself Was completely numb. She couldnt feel anything at all anymore. All she saw, all she knew was that the gem was fully charged. She smiled faintly at its beauty, She felt herself slip and fell to the floor She hit the ground silent. [colour=#00FFFF]"SPITFIRE!!"[/colour] Rainbow dash cried.

Time felt the pain all to quickly it was much worse than when he stopped time, which felt like the bottom of his spine was tingling. This was much worse, it felt like his horn was being cracked and his mind was being destroyed. His vision blurred for a few seconds and came back to him. He held his grip on Shimmer tighter as the feeling continued and the pain intensified. Deity glared at the gem and soon Spitfire moved forward. [colour=#696969]"Ms...fire..." [/colour][colour=#000000]He said as the pain worsened. He took a few steps back as the pain continued and as it ended he looked to Spitfire who fell to the ground. He let go of Shimmer and moved towards Spitfire. He flip her onto her back and quickly did an examination. Her main body functions had just stopped. This caused time to try and find the source. His horn lit up as he checked her body. The source seemed to come from her stomach of all places. It was her time, she had lost a lot.[/colour]

Carmus hardened his expression when the process started. He felt Spitfire tighten her grip on him, and in turn, he tightened his grip on her. When the simple discomfort gave way to a season pain, he grit his teeth, trying not to show the pain on his face. Veins all across his body were near solid from the pressure, and it showed.

He heard Spitfire haltingly say she didn't want to lose him, and pull closer to him. He hugged her, "You're not.." Was all he managed to say.

When Spitfire stepped away from him, as closer to the gem, he attempted to follow her, but his legs refused to move, no matter how much he tried. All he could manage was to watch as the pony he loved potentially sacrificed herself for all of them.

Shimmer held into Time, her breath catching. She'd felt like this before, when she overworked her mask, but this was on an entirely different level. No matter how hard she tried, she couldn't help but let her mind wander. Was this how Velocity had felt when he maintained his shield?

Despite her best efforts, she couldn't stop the tears that began to form.

Shimmer heard some ponies calling for Spitfire, and she opened her eyes to see the fiery named mare step towards the gem. She tried to call out to her, but her throat seized, prohibiting her from speaking.

When the Gem's process ended, Carmus instantly began to try and make his legs listen to him. Without the pain, he managed, and he rushed to Spitfire's side. Time came over and turned her onto her back. She wasn't responding.

Carmus laid down beside her, looking at her in silence. Despite his body screaming at him to cry, he wouldn't. He clung to the belief she would pull through. Shimmer stepped over to her brother, placing on his on his back.

He glanced back at her shortly, before sighing and turning his attention back to Spitfire, "Come on... You can pull through this.. Don't let me lose you now."

He whispered to her.

The room had grown silent, Many of the ponies had all turned their pained attentions to Spitfire, Carmus, Time and shimmer. They watched in fear of what had happened to her. The room stayed silent as Nopony said anything.

Spitfire lay completely silent her Vitals were gone. It seemed that she was dead, No breaths, no heartbeat.

Horizon had tried his best to struggle to his hooves, he felt a hoof of Another raptor on his shoulder, [colour=#A9A9A9]"Sir she is gone, should i get a body bag?" [/colour]The soldier asked. Horizon looked back to him, [colour=#008000]"Dont ever say that unless we know she is gone!" [/colour]He yelled at him. He felt slightly bad for the Pony but he had gone frantic. He struggled to his hooves and slowly tried to move forward, his legs buckling below him. He gritted his teeth, he looked up at the group and Prayed that she was ok. [colour=#008000]"Darn it Spitfire! Your stronger than this! Wake up! Please Wake up!" [/colour]He shouted. The events played out like when Flashbomb passed. Everything grew quiet as Carmus held Spitfire.

Twilight watched from where she knelt with tears in her eyes, She had caused a death of the Wonderbolt Captain. She couldnt bear to watch.

(Afterlife)

It was dark, no sounds were heard, no heat nor cold. Just pitch black nothingness. Spitfire stood Staring into the dark void, She looked around Carefully with much fear. She heard whispers now echoing around her. [colour=#FFD700]"H......Hello?......Carmus?......Time?......Shimmer?" [/colour]She whimpered. Her ears were laying flat against her head now. She stepped forward, when her hoof met the darkness below a large door opened infront of her.

(Insert im proud of you extended.)

Everything around her flashed and opened up into a large Shrouded area. So much fog that you could cut it with a knife. She peered around once again, She spotted a small group of Ponies standing together Lyria, And 2 Others. They were to faded for her to see. [colour=#FFD700]"Lyria! Lyria?" [/colour]She called out to her but no responce was given. She watched as Lyria Cried and held onto them both. [colour=#800080]"I cant go on guys....I just cant." [/colour]She heard Lyria say, it was so quiet though she could hardly make it out. She looked more closely at the 2, her heart dropped with sadness. It was Velocity and Flashbomb, When they gave their goodbyes to Lyria. She remembered when they appeared to them in the graveyard.

The world bended around her again. She was now in what seemed to be ponyville. Many Buildings seemed to be Destroyed, Remenants of what used to be. She heard sobs echoing behind her. She looked over to See the Cmc minus one, the pegasus. They trotted away slowly as they cried. She also heard other sobs and hoofsteps. There were many Ponies trotting back from canterlot, it was the day of the funeral. She held back tears as she watched the ponies trot past her. She tried to speak to them but to no avail. She allowed tears to fall from her cheeks.

The world Fluctuated and melded again. Now it was a great Hall, she stood outside looking up at the Towering building in awe. What Or who could have built this place? The fog continued to linger around her and the hall. She peered around trying to place herself when she heard Something behind her. She looked to see a Etheral guard, [colour=#FF8C00]"Hello there, Come to Gaze upon the mighty hall of the stars?" [/colour]The guard spoke. Spitfire stood looking at the guard with Confusion. He laughed [colour=#FF8C00]"Its alright now Young one, your safe here." [/colour]He said to her. He looked over to another area as a few more etherals Appeared. He nodded to her and trotted off to join them. Spitfire watched him go, Was she truely dead? Was this the hall of Calcelum? (Misspell i know) She trotted forward twoards the hall. She hit a barrier with a oomph. She rubbed her nose of the sharp pain that came soon after. She put out a hoof and felt it hit a barrier, an invisible barrier. What in the name of Celestia was going on here?

She heard laughter nearby behind her. She whipped around to see nopony. [colour=#0000FF]"Hello there Spitfire, Didnt think i would be seeing you here." [/colour]She heard a voice say to her. She looked around Frantically trying to pinpoint the source of the voice. A form began to Develop infront of her. It was a pegasus, a blue pegasus. (Flashbomb likes to make appearences i guess sowwy) She looked at him as he became familiar to her. She smiled at him [colour=#FFD700]"Flashbomb.....Its been forever since we last spoke." [/colour]She said to him in a friendly tone. Flashbomb smiled at her, [colour=#0000ff]"It has hasnt it."[/colour] He said to her. Spitfire looked at him, she chuckled and nodded. Flashbomb tilted his head [colour=#0000FF]"So what brings you here huh?" [/colour]He asks her. She looks back to the hall [colour=#FFD700]"Where is Velocity?" [/colour]She asked him. She looked back. Flashbomb Shrugged, [colour=#0000FF]"Off doing buissiness as usual i guess. I dunno, he usualy just hangs out but i dont know where he is now." [/colour]He admitted. Spitfire looked at him for a few more moments before he repeated his question. She sighed[colour=#ffd700] "Twilight made a beacon with the other Princesses that they claimed that would protect us from the Darkness. It needed a charge, a power source.....Life energy. Someponies faultered so i took the brunt of it. And here i am......Am i dead?" [/colour]She asked him. Flashbomb shook his head [colour=#0000FF]"You couldnt enter the hall so no. in in Limbo at the moment Spitfire. Between Physical and Etheral." [/colour]He said to her. Spitfire stared at him with slight fear. He smiled [colour=#0000FF]"Dont worry Spit, it all happens to somepony at one point or another." [/colour]He said to her. Spitfire nodded trying to Calm her nerves.

"Heck, Shimmer was in here before."

Came, yet another, familiar voice, "Really was not expecting you here."

Another form materialized through the barrier, taking the shape of Velocity, "Carmus can't be taking this well."

He said, wryly.

Folding his ethereal wings, the fallen Sentinel looked from Spitfire to Flashbomb, "How did this happen? A.. Shield, did you say? I'm struck with deja vu."

He takes a few steps towards them, "Try taking a deep breath, that usually helps with the nerves."

(Continue mass effect 3 im proud of you extended. its like the etheral world's theme :) )

Flashbomb looked to Velocity as he landed. He smiled to him and nodded to Spitfire to take his Advice. She took a deep breath, she held it for a few moments before she let it go. Her breath matierializing into energy and dispersing. [colour=#0000FF]"Your still breathing life energy, this is good." [/colour]He said to her. She nodded and calmed herself. She looked to Velocity, [colour=#FFD700]"Hey Vel......." [/colour]She said to him. She smiled to him, [colour=#FFD700]"Y...yea....A shield to protect Ponyville, Canterlot and Cloudsdale from the Darkness so it may never return. It took Life energy from everypony, Twilight thought it wouldnt kill anypony. I....I saw others....Falling. i didnt want them to go. So i made a choice to try and save them....." [/colour]She said to him. Flashbomb chuckled [colour=#0000FF]"Youve got a heart of Gold Spitfire." [/colour]He said to her.

(Back in the real world)

Horizon felt himself drop a few tears, He got up and slowly limped over to Carmus. The crowd all formed around them in a circle. Rainbow dash looked to Soarin and trotted over. They all looked down at Spitfire as Carmus held her close. Her eyes were closed, she seemed so peacefull.

Twilight got up slowly, Celestia tried to calm her but she brushed her off. She trotted to the beacon. It glowed many colours as it spiraled in place. She watched it as it hummed Softly, [colour=#800080]"Whats the price for harmony?" [/colour]She said quietly. She continued to watch the crystal. [colour=#800080]"You were right Time.....I was a fool.....I caused another death." [/colour]She said to him solemnly. The crystal continued to glow . Twilight took off her Tiara and let it fall to the ground with a faint ting. She watched the crystal for longer and longer. [colour=#800080]"I dont deserve to be a princess. I never have.......I tried so hard......We lost so many.....I couldnt help Fluttershy when she was in deep depression for the death Of her husband. I watched over Lyria to make sure she would be ok.....But she was taken by the Darkness! I could have stopped it! Hearts and hooves day was no different. I just sat by and watched as it all crumbled. The battle of the skies....I should have watched Thunder Swift more. His spirit would have been saved and this would have never happened!! We wouldnt have had to fight him and the darkness ever. I should have done so much more!! Flash....Velocity......All gone." [/colour]She whimpered. She Recalled every single Event that had led up to this. [colour=#800080]"I guess.....its the price to Pay for Peace.....Nothing is free." [/colour]She whispered. She let a few tears fall. Her aching muscles bothered her but she didnt Care anymore. She closed her eyes, she went deep in thought then looked up to the Crystal. [colour=#800080]"All of it.....For harmony...." [/colour]She said as she Let her horn glow. She shot a spell at the crystal. it Glew blue again and began to hum louder. She stepped back and waited for the results.

Time looked to Twilight, his eyes glimmered in as he heard what twilight said. [colour=#696969]"You forget one thing, [/colour][colour=#ff0000]your majesty." [/colour][colour=#000000]Time shook his head as he regained his composure. [/colour][colour=#696969]"She lost her time, she only has a few minutes left. Time can be taken and reduced as long as we have a Time Unicorn at the peak of his powers. I...I might be able to go into overdrive and save her if I can do that...the risk is small, I'm not even sure if we can but...I just might be able to. There is one problem with it though. I don't have everything I need. I need a large burst of magical energy to be able to shoot me into my limits, I won't be able to do it on my own." [/colour][colour=#000000]He looked to Deity who gave a small nod. [/colour][colour=#696969]"And I'll need..." [/colour][colour=#000000]Time knew this would be hard but he had to come out and say it to save Spitfire. [/colour][colour=#696969]"I'll need a fallen artifact of power. The only two I know of is my pocket watch and...the element of Kindness. Those are the main components."[/colour]

Twilight looked back At Time, She had great regret in her eyes [colour=#800080]"Time, there is no way to get those. Fluttershy is gone, As for your pocket watch i honestly have no clue as to where it is. Its your keepsake." [/colour]She said to him. She glanced down to Spitfire, in her eyes she was gone. She felt deep sorrow come over her. She glanced back to the Beacon as it hummed, the spell she had casted had finnaly streched over the beacon. She shook her head [colour=#800080]"I wish there was something i could do Carmus....I really do......I messed up again......She is Gone because of me......Blame only me not anypony else if you must....." [/colour]The beacon began to rumble and flash. She casted another spell upon it and it subsided. It hummed once more waiting for her to finnish her work.

Celestia stepped forward weakly she looked down at Spitfire with sadness, she hated seeing her ponies passing away. She closed her eyes [colour=#FFFF00]"Spitfire was a strong mare, she believed in the well being of others, Strove to Lead them and always made other ponies laugh. She will recieve a hero's burial. Like The others from so long ago." [/colour]She said quietly.

Horizon looked up to Celestia [colour=#008000]"Your Highness! There is still a chance! She could be saved by Time! Let him try!" [/colour]He said to her.

Celestia sighed and closed her eyes, her mind was plauged by Thoughts.

Carmus silently held Spitfire as the others conversed, stroking her mane gently. He glanced up when Time mentioned possibly being able to save her. Twilight explained how it couldn't work, and apologized to him. Carmus shook his head at her, "She made her choice. She cared for the ponies of Equestria, enough that she would die for them. As a soldier should."

His voice was withdrawn.

Shimmer looked over to Time, her mind racing, "Did you ever find out the properties of your mask? You saved me, twice, on your own. Perhaps... Your mask's property is a healing spell? Mine and Flash's were combat, Vel's was defense.. Do you think it's possible?"

(Ethereal Realm, Halls of Caelum)

"I can see why Carmus chose you."

Velocity says, smiling. He looks into the swirling sky, seemingly just off into space, but in reality through a window into the living world, "You caused quite a stir down there with that little stunt, Spitfire. You're not fully dead yet, given your breath converting to life energy, but they don't know that."

He looks back down at her, "This'll be a story to tell, huh?"

(I imagine Caelum looking something like Sovngarde from the Elder Scrolls, what with the sky and the landscapes, but that's just me.)

(Also, reason I have been so slow in responding recently is because I am down in Virginia Beaxh, and the only Internet access I have is my phone, hence my being slow, and lack of coloured text. I apologize, and will have access to a computer Saturday or Sunday)