The Academy Chapter 3 Daylight's End

Dabom444

[colour=#ff0000]"I made this decision Liesha. I made the choice of evil, I took everything I had and gave it up. Maybe theirs a happy end for spirits and changelings, but there is no happy end for Demons." [/colour][colour=#000000]Deity sighed as he looked to the all grown up Mare but he still saw as a little filly.[/colour]

[colour=#000000]He looked down.[/colour][colour=#ff0000][she thinks she can save me..."] [/colour][colour=#000000]He thought to both Spitfire and Time Spinner.[/colour]

Twilight had trotted past them all, She looked to the group and nodded Sleepily. She continued on her way.

The shield continued to pulse energy as it protected everything beneath it. Spitfire Heard the stone power down as Flashbomb and Velocity Left. She looked over to Diety [colour=#FFD700][There might be a possability but im not sure, I figure it might happen when the time is right.] [/colour]She thought to him. She looked to Carmus, [colour=#ffd700][its morning, We have been all night. What is up with us being such nightowls?][/colour]

The birds began to Chirp as the new Day was brought. Ponies whom hadnt taken place with the becon had started waking up. Canterlot began to bustle slowly but surely. Spitfire let out a yawn, her fatigue getting the best of her.

Rainbow dash found Soarin again, She hugged him happy that everything had Returned to normal.

(Im running out of ideas. I think the end is niegh.)

(I have been struck with slight writer's block, hence my not commenting sooner. I apologize for this.

Since we're running out of ideas, do you figure I should just explain the whole boot camp sequence and skip past that to the next thing, which we can then play through or just have explained? I'll explain the boot camp thing in my next post, depending on the answer.)

Carmus stood silently by as Horizon trotted over, and began speaking to Spitfire. He glanced away for a second and suddenly felt his arm go dead. He 'glared' at his fellow Raptor, [colour=#b22222]"Heey! Just what the heck're you doing?!"[/colour]

[colour=#000000]He chuckled quietly and shook his head, waving to him as he left.[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Carmus turned his attention to Spitfire as she 'spoke', [/colour][colour=#b22222]["That would probably be wise.. a lot has happened today."][/colour]

[colour=#000000]Shimmer had been standing silently in place, going over what Time had told her multiple times in her head. She was shocked back to reality when Spitfire hugged her. It took the steel coloured mare a second, but she smiled and returned the hug, [/colour][colour=#696969]"Good luck."[/colour]

[colour=#696969]S[/colour][colour=#000000]he said, as she released the hug. From there she walked towards Time, but stayed a few feet back, simply waiting for his business to be concluded.[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Carmus shrugged, burying his nose in her mane for a second as he responded, [/colour][colour=#b22222]["I honestly cannot answer that. Perhaps we just have an appreciation of beautiful things?"][/colour]

[colour=#000000]The stallion himself looked up and yawned. He shook his head, [/colour][colour=#b22222]["Right.. Let's get some sleep before one of us just falls over right here."][/colour]

[colour=#000000]He wraps a wing around Spitfire and begins to guide her away from the beacon, towards their home.[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Now that any immediate threat was no longer in sight, Jet-Stream gave the 'at ease' order, and the Raptors began to disperse. The Commander looks over at Spitfire and Carmus, chuckling as he calls, "You two get as much sleep as you can! That's something that will be sorely missed when you're back under my program!"[/colour]

[colour=#000000]He grins at them for a second before making his way out.[/colour]

(Alright Saronyx, You can explain the training Regimine and how it affected both Carmus and Spitfire since you know they are connected. You could choose Anything you like, Injuries, Rank, Explaination of Bootcamp Activities. The rank she gets up to After bootcamp is up to you to. Whatever you like. Also this is the last time Jump! The end of The Academy is upon us. :) )

Spitfire nodded to Jet stream as He told them to get as much rest as possable. She Sighed and turned to the direction of home. It was going to be a tough road but she would try her best to Join the ranks of the Raptors, She thought about fighting next to him in battle. How they would handle it. She rested her head on Carmus as they went home, the shield above glowing Brightly.

Time Spinner moved towards Shimmer and stood next to her. [colour=#696969]"Deity, you need to return." [/colour][colour=#000000]Deity gave a quick sigh and moved next to Time Spinner. [/colour][colour=#696969]"Well this has been an interesting journey."[/colour]

[colour=#000000]EDIT:[/colour][colour=#000000] (Saronyx could you send me a pic of Shimmer and velocity Please? If you don't have one could you just send me appearance stuff about them. I'm sure I could make both in Pony Generator. Those are the only two I need to finish this pic of my timeline.)[/colour]

Shimmer nods, [colour=#696969]"Yeah... It certainly has been."[/colour]

[colour=#000000](Aaaaand time skip!)[/colour]

(Taking a lot from the Army Ranger training program, minus the Mountain and Desert phases, for this. I kind of imagine the Raptors being the Equestrian's Rangers, in a sense.)

(I would have gone into further detail about the training in the actual post, but I am running low on time to do so.)

[colour=#000000]To say the next two weeks were hard, would have been an understatement.[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Jet-Stream prided himself in how tedious the Raptor training program had become in his time as Commander.[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Carmus had been tasked with running the course with Spitfire as well. While her Wonderbolt training had helped her, along with Carmus' previous knowledge of the course, starting each day before the sun rose, with only an hour of sleep the previous night, and being made to begin drills immediately after awakening began to take its toll. Not to mention there was only one meal a day, and it could barely be called that.[/colour]

They hadn't gone through it without taking a few hits however. Through their connection, both Spitfire and Carmus had broken a few bones, even a wing, multiple times over, and been thoroughly battered throughout. .

But through it all, Spitfire managed to pass at the top of her class (even setting a few records), and received her first commission as a Sergeant in Ensis Squadron, under Carmus' command.

(I plan on her being promoted to Captain before this is all over)

(This would have been more in depth, but I didn't have the time to fill it all out, unfortunately.)

(Naw its all good! I like the post Saronyx. :) )

It was 2 weeks after Graduation. The sun rose slowly over the Raptor Outpost in the nearby region not far from Canterlot. The Base had its usual Bustle, Cadets running the 3 mile course, Earth ponies Moving boxes full of Gem ammunition. The Inovation of Celestian Scientists and Defence Funds had boosted the Technology Of the Military. New Brands of Defence such as new armors, Inhibitor regulators and Pusle mechanisms Had been employed. Although they were only In the Alpha stage they had their uses. Most of the Enis Squad were moved to this base for reletive Assignment.

(Ok this next part i Came up with, with the help of some Chant pages i found. I hope its good.)

The sound of running hooves had Sounded past the barracks Horizon Ran at the head of the groups of Private ranked Cadets. He led them in a cadence call

[colour=#008000]"You left a good home!"[/colour] "Your right!"

[colour=#008000]"You left your family alone!" [/colour]"Your right!"

[colour=#008000]"Your life was to easy!" [/colour]"Yes Sir!"

[colour=#008000]"You Needed a better philosiphy!" [/colour]"Yes Sir!"

[colour=#008000]"You needed something more!" [/colour]"Raptor Core!"

[colour=#008000]"Something to fight For!" [/colour]"Raptor Core!"

[colour=#008000]"Something harder than a guard!"[/colour] "Yes sir!"

[colour=#008000]"Something that would take you Far!" [/colour]"Yes sir!"

[colour=#008000]"Something Smarter than A fool!" [/colour]"Thats right!"

[colour=#008000]"This aint no ordinary Army school!"[/colour]"Thats right!"

[colour=#008000]"1 2...3....4!" [/colour]"Raptor Core!"

[colour=#008000]"1 2...3....4!"[/colour] "Raptor Core!"

They Shouted as they ran past. The door to the barracks opened, Spitfire stepped out in her usual Raptor Atire. She had Camoflauge on From head to hoof. A Military cap on her head. She had many new Wounds on her from Boot camp. But she never felt better in all her life. She Had Gone through everything with Carmus, He had endured every scratch, Break,Scrape,bruise and Burn she had endured. Diety on the other hand had done nothing but Plauge her Dreams with Images of Darkness and evil. She figured that he hadnt even tried to help her at all. At least not to her knowing of it. She peered around the camp watching Everypony working hard. She knew Carmus was somewhere in the Camp overseeing New recruits that had come by the base to get a taste of Military life there. She Tilted her head, her neck cracked a little. She Had a hitch in her getalong but now she had the mind of A Raptor. And the Ability to back it up. She Trotted off To find her superior. She wanted to see him and as well gain her orders for the day.

(Gahaha! Sorry for not posting yesterday. I'm one of those people that when I get struck by writer's block, it sticks around for a lot longer than it should. :( )

[colour=#B22222]"As soldiers, we will be made to march to war. However, we do not seek it out. We do not wish for conflict, or hardship to arise. Our goal is peace, and the safety of our citizens. That is what we fight for. While war may not bring about peace and harmony forever, it at least reminds us to cherish it while it lasts."[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Landing softly on the platform, Carmus nodded to the ponies he was speaking to, [/colour][colour=#b22222]"That is part of our code of honor we uphold, as Raptors. Now, if you'll kindly follow Sergeant Kyre, she'll show you where you'll be staying during your time with us."[/colour]

T[colour=#000000]he recruit saluted and stepped over to the Griffon who Carmus had indicated. The Captain turns and spots Spitfire heading towards him, and he glides over.

Carmus smiles as he lands before her, [/colour][colour=#b22222]"I don't think I'm ever going to quite get over how good you look in that uniform," [/colour][colour=#000000]He says, with a small chuckle, [/colour][colour=#b22222]"But you didn't come over here just to be complimented by me, what is it you were after?"[/colour]

(Nah Saronyx, post when you can, i wuz just letting everyone know.)

Spitfire watched as Carmus Talked to the Cadets. She smiled slightly at His leadership ability, it was one of the things that Drew her to him. She trotted over to him as he Glided over. She Chuckled When he quoted on her Appearence in The uniform. [colour=#FFD700]"Well thank you Captain." [/colour]She thanked him. She sighed when he inquired about What she needed. She motioned for the far Building that held the Briefing Room. [colour=#FFD700]"We are All to Go to the Briefing room for Orders. Something about moving Our Squadrun To The far north. Ive heard of a Large Group of Hostile Pegesai and Gryphons Whom had made their own Settlement up there." [/colour]She said to him. She Caught sight of Horizon Chiding a large group of Cadets for their lack of Endurance. [colour=#FFD700][He seems to be having fun] [/colour]She Thought to Carmus. She looked back to him and Nodded to the building again. [colour=#FFD700]"We should get going." [/colour]She said to him. She Began to trot, keeping her eyes forward. [colour=#FFD700][its kinda nice having this ability, We can say things that nopony else can hear. Im glad Im here under your command, there is nowhere else i would rather be. How are you copeing with the bruised ribs? Sorry bout that.][/colour]

(Wanted to get some closure on Time's family, so this final post from him and Swift.)

Swift Blitz had just arrived in Trottingham when she was in the station. Trottingham needed more police and Swift, with very little to do, had offered her services. She sat in the lounge reading a file when a Police Mare walked in. [colour=#a52a2a]"Uh...miss Blitz? There's these two foals asking about you...do you want to see them?" [/colour][colour=#000000]Swift put her file down, it was about a strange flash of magical energy that had shown up, but their was nothing there when the deputy arrived. Swift had known a lot about magic and took on the case. [/colour][colour=#800080]"Foals?" [/colour][colour=#000000]She got up and followed the Mare cop to the front room, where their were two Fillies sitting on the bench. The first one looked a bit tougher then the other and had a brown mane and tail that were a bit more fine then the other. Her eyes were a dark blue that looked very warm and caring, she also was a pegasus. The other was a bit smaller and her mane and tail were silver and dark purple. They were also more curly then the other and her eyes were ice blue. She was a unicorn. Both of their coats looked like Time and Shimmer's. In fact they...[/colour]

[colour=#40E0D0]"Auntie Blitz!" [/colour][colour=#000000]The unicorn said and stood up. [/colour][colour=#006400]"We found you!" [/colour][colour=#000000]The pegasus also stood up and the pair ran over and hugged Swift Blitz. [/colour][colour=#800080]"Who are you!?" [/colour]

[colour=#008000]"She doesn't know who we are?"[/colour]

[colour=#40E0D0]"Hmmm maybe we went too far back..."[/colour]

[colour=#000000]The pegasus turned too her. Her voice was very loud and commanding. [/colour][colour=#006400]"Too far back? How do we get home then?"[/colour]

[colour=#000000]The Unicorn's voice was soft and sweet. [/colour][colour=#40e0d0]"I don't know! We have to figure something out Sis!" [/colour][colour=#000000]She said back. [/colour]

[colour=#000000]The Pegasus turned back and gave a confident smile. She said something...something that...well...I'll just save what she said for another story but let's just say that it caused the Unicorn to smile and caused Swift to just stand their in awe, like it was something out of the Evening Zone.[/colour]

[colour=#006400]"My name is Seeker!"[/colour]

[colour=#40E0D0]"and my name is Silver Chain and were Twins!"[/colour]

[colour=#40E0D0]0nxOalG.png[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Time Spinner had just walked into his house in Canterlot. It was quiet since Gadget and Swift were gone and Time always noticed it whenever he walked in. Except for the sounds of the arcade cabinets in the corner of the living room, everything was quiet. Time sighed as he put a brown bag of fruit onto the counter of the kitchen and walked into the small library he kept to hold all of his history books, codes, and property histories. He walked into the room and went to the window seat he had. He opened the bottom of it and inside was a book, a book which mentioned everything that had happened. Time sent to the future, his suicide attempt, Gadget becoming a shadowbolt, Gadget dying, Twilight's shield, Time Spinner's marriage, all of it was going to happen or had happened. He was unsure if it was all true or not until Twilight's shield happened. Then he realized that it was true. After all it said that in one week Time would be married and it just so happened that in one week Time and Shimmer would get married. He opened the book and read the chapter after.[/colour]

[colour=#696969]"A legacy comes true." [/colour][colour=#000000]He read out loud. [/colour][colour=#696969]"On the year of the eclipse the legacy will bring with two children of power returning to the year that sparked the legacy to inflame They will push for a new thing to happen that will change the future. Once they return to the future the legacy will come true with 13 lights fighting 13 darknesses. The lights opposite the dark and vice versa. The lights are Power, Trust, Wisdom, Ages, Life, Redemption, Stars, truth, memory, Honor, Spirit, courage, and Passion." [/colour][colour=#000000]Time slammed the book down. [/colour][colour=#696969]"But what does that mean?" [/colour][colour=#000000]He turned around and went upstairs to his room. He put on a set of clothes and looked into a mirror. He was wearing a dark black suit, one that he would wear on his wedding. He didn't have many best men as his brother was dead as well as some of his closest friends but Luna, Celestia, and Swift Blitz all were going to stand with him. After all they were his closest family now. He smiled as he looked at a picture of him and shimmer and laughed at it, forgetting almost all of his troubles.[/colour]

[colour=#000000]n8LcvNF.png[/colour]

Liesha stared off toward the Everfree from her lower castle balcony and sighed as she thought on her current life: one of her few friends was traped in a Unicorns body and she still felt un needed.

(OK, so any posts I make (until Sunday) will most likely be later at night. I'm in the eastern timezone, if that helps at all.)

(Also, dat foreshadowing)

(On another note, I finally came up with Carmus' cutie mark: A Banner, waving in the wind, to represent his leadership.)

Carmus heaves a sigh, flicking a bit of his white mane from his forehead, [colour=#b22222]"Even now, there's still malcontents? Very well. Let's get going."[/colour]

[colour=#000000]He began to walk with Spitfire towards the main building, following her gaze when she 'commented' on Horizon, [/colour][colour=#b22222]["He certainly does! There's a strange thrill that comes from commanding a group of ponies like that. Especially recruits. You'll come to learn that yourself before to long"] [/colour]

Is his chuckling response.

Carmus would have nuzzled her as he responded, but doing so in uniform (in the sight of recruits, no less) was not often smiled upon, [colour=#b22222]["It is really nice. I'm glad you're comfortable here. As for the ribs? Eh, no need to apologize. They're fine. Had worse my first run through."] [/colour][colour=#000000]He was, however, allowed to smile at her.[/colour]

[Happy 4th!]

Spitfire Kept moving to the building. [colour=#FFD700]["Yea if im able and qualified to Even lead a large group of ponies into battle. Probably lose half of them on the first minute of battle.] [/colour]She thought to him. They had gotten married after her Graduation not 1 week after. She had the band further up her leg under her uniform. She Continued to trot with Carmus, She thought about when they would actually get a break from it all. [colour=#FFD700][um.....Carmus? I was thinking......Well......Do you ever want to be a father?"] [/colour]She asked him. She then quickly retracted the thought slightly. [colour=#FFD700][That was kinda dumb to ask you outloud. Im sorry!] [/colour]She appologised. She was going to say more when a Officer held the door open for them. She saluted him and continued inside. [colour=#FFD700][i dont know what Came over me Carmus, Sorry for asking if its too soon to ask.] [/colour]She thought to him. They rounded a corner and entered the Briefing room. Alot of Carmus's Squadrun even Private ranked were there. A Large orange pegasus turned around. He Smiled slightly showing them 2 seats near the front. spitfire Sat down leaving an empty seat open for Carmus.

Twilight Trotted past Liesha's room. She peeked in seeing Liesha on her balcony. She trotted in [colour=#800080]"Hello Liesha! Whats wrong?"[/colour]

[colour=#b22222]["Don't think like that. You'll do great as a leader. I can help you along, if you need."][/colour]

Carmus replied, gently.

To be completely honest, he was taken aback by her question. He would be lying if he said he hadn't think about it in the past, but he refrained from bringing it up until she felt was ready.

He was about to reply when the officer held the door for them. Like Spitfire, he saluted him and continued on, [colour=#b22222]["It's times like this where I wish I could hug you. There's no need to apologize, Nare. I've given the matter some thought before.. It would be a nice to have a child,"][/colour][colour=#000000] [/colour][colour=#000000]Carmus smiles at her, and turns the smile to the assembly, giving them a nod as he sits alongside her and continues his thought, [/colour][colour=#b22222]["I feel you'd make a great mother. if you think you're ready."][/colour]

[colour=#000000](Aaaand my mind instantly gets slammed by potential designs for their offspring. Overactive imaginations, I'm tellin' ya.)[/colour]

( :-o I forgot deity's epilogue!)

Deity stewed in his muck of the mind room he owned. One door was on the left which lead to Time Spinner and the one on the left led to Spitfire. He stayed where he was, though he could hear the words of every thought, spoken word, or thing heard. He could control it, of course. Five years of doing this does this to you. His room consisted of dark walls, the two doors, and a bed. Deity stayed there thinking when a 'shink' sound could be heard. Like iron sliding out of iron. Deity opened his eyes to find a third door. One he had never seen before. What did it do? Where did it go? Curiosity took hold of the demon and he arose and walked to the door. It looked like his others but it was...odd. He opened the door to find a grey room, that held one thing, a full body mirror. It stood in front of Deity like a gaping hole, beckoning for his attention and yearning for his gaze. Deity, still filled to the brim with Curiosity, approached the mirror. It appeared normal and showed Deity's reflection. Then it turned, and began to show everything that made Deity angry. His curiosity changed into a combination of anger, pain, and sorrow. He was so frustrated over everything that happened he took his hoof back and brought it into the mirror, causing it to shatter. He looked down at the pieces and smiled. He stopped as he stared at a shard that had a pupil. Deity quickly picked it up and put onto the mirror, it stuck. He did this for every piece and recreated it like a puzzle. He stared in horror at the thing in front of him. It was a dark blue alicorn wearing some type of sleep wear. It was fierce depart, his old self. He looked saddened and Deity looked that way as well. [colour=#008080]"Why are you so sad?"[/colour] [colour=#000000]Fierce told the Demon. [/colour][colour=#ff0000]"I...I..." [/colour][colour=#000000]He said before he was interrupted by a calm, female voice. [/colour][colour=#0000ff]"Fierce!" [/colour][colour=#000000]A dark blue alicorn mare with short light blue mane and tail had sweetly called. She came into view and caused Deity to wince in pain. [/colour][colour=#0000ff]"You look fine, sweetheart! Except for the pajama's." [/colour][colour=#000000]Fierce chuckled at the joke and the two embraced with a short kiss. [/colour][colour=#0000ff]"I have some royal duties with my sister and the rebellion but afterwards we can go take a walk around white tail woods. You said you wanted to go there right?" [/colour][colour=#000000]Fierce smiled. [/colour][colour=#008080]"Well...the doctors did say that walking would help with the twins." [/colour][colour=#000000]Luna smiled and looked down to her swollen Belly. She kissed Fierce on the cheek. [/colour][colour=#0000ff]"You should rest a bit dear. Yesterday was a hard day." [/colour]

[colour=#008080]"I can't. I'm going to check out this weird temple today. Supposedly it causes hallucinations. Can you tell Liesha, I'm sorry I won't make it for our tea party." [/colour][colour=#0000FF]"Your so good with her. I will, let Equinox or solstice know when you get back. They'll be able to tell me." [/colour][colour=#000000]Luna walked out the door and Fierce turned to the mirror. [/colour][colour=#008080]"Where'd you go?"[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Deity stood up, tears running down his eyes. [/colour][colour=#008080]"What's the matter?"[/colour]

[colour=#FF0000]"I...I just want to see my kids again..."[/colour]

[colour=#000000]He flashed back to his spot in the room and the door that led to the mirror room was gone. Deity looked down and then headed for Spitfire's door, but stopped in front of it, he turned and went for Time's door and did the same thing. He moved to the center of the room. "[/colour][colour=#ff0000]I'm alone now..."[/colour]

1PHnlXv.png

Spitfire sat next to Carmus keeping her gaze forward to the front of the room. She felt her emotions of Relief and happiness well inside of her. He said that He was ready, He was ready to be a dad. She had Contemplated the idea of them being parents. She felt her emotions bleed out to him. She kept her Straight face but inside she was Smiling. [colour=#FFD700][Youre ready? I am too......I wonder how it would work out....What the future would hold for us.] [/colour]She thought to him. Suddenly A bleeding effect of sadness plauged her mind. She Felt utter Agony of aloneness hit her. What was it? Was it Carmus? No....no it was Something else. Diety. She wondered what had happened to him, He usually only had sheer anger. He took control of her everynow and then, She tried her best to fight him off but she couldnt resist. What was plauging his mind? She tried to shake it off and look back to the front.

The large orange pegasus had finnaly cleared his throat. He looked around the room quietly as the group quieted down. [colour=#FFA500]"Alright everypony! I guess you all know why you are here. We have something dire that needs to be adressed."[/colour]

He turned on a gem nearby, a unicorn powered it for a moment and let it go. A large hologram appeared on a board before everypony. It showed a large map of Equestria, A marker was placed Far east off of the coast of Equestria. [colour=#FFA500]"In the past few months we have had much progress made with The gryphon empire. We have set up trade, Alliances and Support routes with them. We have been able to expand our reach to much further lands than just Equestria alone. With the development of New techs we have been able as well to boost our defences. Things though are always harder than they initially seem to be." [/colour]

The hologram shifted to reviel 5 ponies and 3 gryphons standing alongside eachother. Each wore Battle arnaments. They had a red insignia on their shoulders and wielded type 45 b Deterence Phasers. Spitfire leaned forward to get a better look.

[colour=#FFA500]"A large scale orginization called Crimson Corperation or Cc For short have formed in retaliation to Our improvements. Many of these insurgents are Ex raptor, military, Valkarie guard and others. They dont agree to our laws with the new freedom we have made for ourselves. They have formed and attacked our trade Caravans, as well as prefomed under the radar operations. This has hindered us greatly."[/colour] The orange pony said. The hologram had changed again showing Small blips nearby The coast as well as south of Canterlot. A large circle encompased Canterlot, Coudsdale and Ponyville. Which must have been the shield.

[colour=#FFA500]"300 attacks in the past 4 weeks.....much of it all military caravans. We have tried to catch them in the act but they are stealthy....Tough to trace. We cant detect when they will strike next. The shield around the 3 cities have stopped anything inside its walls. But this needs to be stopped. After weeks of debate with Celestia and many other Officials we have gotten the greenlight to Travel to Aquillis." [/colour]He said. The hologram switched back to the blip east of Equestria, Out in the ocean of Winds. [colour=#FFA500]"Their main base of operations is there, We have sent scouts, tracked frequencies and have pushed to find this info." [/colour]He said. He motioned to Carmus, [colour=#FFA500]"Captain Carmus...Your battalion is going to be the first armed force to land. Your squad is the most Covert of the Raptor Squads we could find. You will lead your force in secruing a home base there in Aquillis. We then can form a counter attack and move in to stop this." [/colour]He said to him. The crowd murmered amongst eachother. Spitfire watched quietly then she spoke.

[colour=#FFD700]"Sir, What are the conditions there? The terrain? How long will we be posted there?" [/colour]She asked him. The orange pony looked at her, The hologram Changed. [colour=#FFA500]"Aquillis is a Rocky, mountainous terrain. It is burdened by earthquakes and Volcanic activity. You are to land via Sky Hawk and establish ground base. There is a large Resivior of water there that needs to be constantly filtered due to volcanic ash. The crimson company have chosen their base well due to these factors. Time.....You will be there for an estimated 10 years at most." [/colour]He said to them.

Spitfire Felt her heart sink, 10 years.....10 years in that place.....And no knowlege of the terrain any further than that. [colour=#ffd700][There is no way that we could Survive there! We need better intel! Its a death trap!][/colour] She thought to Carmus. The orange pony let the hologram fade,[colour=#FFA500] "It seems risky. We cant get any better intel on the land, the enemy or the Time frame. Its covered by so much volcanic activity and over cover we cant scan any further. We dont even know the Name of the leader. We are sorry but its the best we got and if we dont go in, it wont stop. Any questions?" [/colour]

Spitfire glanced to Carmus, She hoped he would have something to say about this. Something to lighten the load of worries she had.

Twilight trotted closer to Liesha, [colour=#800080]"Liesha you are not useless, you brought spitfire back to life. You do belong! As well im your friend, Your not alone."[/colour]

(Would have commented last night, but at 2 in the morning after a 5 hour Age of Empires session.. my mind was kinda fried)

["A couple late nights, and the clipping of small hooves throughout the house."] [colour=#000000]He thinks in response. He would've expounded in a less joking sentence when he felt a small sense coming from the mare next to him. It took a second for him to deduce what caused it. Carmus placed a hoof on her's beneath the table, before turning his attention to the orange pegasus, who'd stood and begun to speak.[/colour]

[colour=#000000]When the stallion had finished speaking, and Spitfire asked him what the environment was like... Carmus didn't like the answer, [/colour][colour=#b22222]["I know, Spitfire. I don't like it either."][/colour]

[colour=#000000]He stands, [/colour][colour=#b22222]"Forgive me if I am speaking out of turn, but I want to get a couple things straight. You're sending my squadron into a veritable tartarus opening- hostile territory - for ten years, on our own? I understand the oath we took as Raptors, to follow orders, but that just seems a little extreme to me."[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Carmus clears his throat before continuing, [/colour][colour=#b22222]"How did we acquire this intel in the first place? Perhaps we will need to get into contact with our Zebra friends. They are more well versed in stealth. But what's more - how do we know the CC aren't expecting us?"[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Carmus sighs, [/colour][colour=#B22222]"I'm merely thinking of what's best for my family."[/colour]

["I'm thinking I might be ready to retire after this operation, if it really does take us a full ten years.."]

Spitfire watched As Carmus asked his own questions, She felt wary of What was to come for them if the operation did move through.

The orange Pegasus sighed, He rubbed his neck for a few moments before he spoke.[colour=#FFA500] [/colour][colour=#FFA500]"The intel that was Provided for us comes from local shareholders. We had varified the information through extensive research. As well the new drones that had been put into service have brought back some info as well. Although they had been brutally damaged along the trip." And as well Captain you wont be the only squad placed within the area. You will land help set up ground base and gather some scouting information for CVAC then We will Form our forces and bring in the Main force. We just need you to get our roots planted so we can get started." [/colour]He said to him.

Spitfire stood up next to Carmus, [colour=#FFD700]"Will we have any way of Protecting against the volcanoes? What if a eruption takes place? We will all be destroyed in a matter of moments. As well all the volcanic ash and i assume toxic air over there. What about that?"[/colour]

The pegasus looked to her for a few moments, He seemed slightly irritated. [colour=#FFA500]"You wil be outfitted with rebreather tech that is now assigned to your Environment suits. It will help keep the toxins at bay. We as well have a Shield deterence barrier that will cloak the base to hide us from the enemy as well as keep a subtle atmosphere. As well it will deter any debris from the volcanoes." [/colour]He said to her.

Spitfire shook her head [colour=#FFD700]"Sounds like a suicide mission to me. We dont have to good of a chance in such a harsh environment. We should Put up defences and keep the Cc at bay! They will widle down and give up!" [/colour]

The pegasus glared at her, [colour=#FFA500]"I apreciate your Concern Sargent but you are paid to Obey orders and not voice your opinion! We wont be able to fund such a wide scale defence and you know that! They wont give up they will only grow! Now i am ordering you to stand down!" [/colour]

Spitfire winced slightly. She looked to Carmus, he was right. He was a higher rank than she. She glared up to the pegasus with slight distaste before sitting back down.

The pegasus cleared his voice, [colour=#FFA500]"Now if there are no more questions or outbursts, you are all dissmissed!"[/colour]