The Academy Chapter 3 Daylight's End

Dabom444

Carmus grimaced as Spitfire and the officer went back and forth. Granted, they did have it planned out pretty well. But still... ten years? That seemed almost to long. Especially if he and Spitfire were going to start a family.

He glared darkly at the stallion, still standing. He was mainly mad at the way the officer spoke to Spitfire, [colour=#b22222]"Why not evacuate any civilians that might be there, and just sink the continent?" [/colour][colour=#000000]Carmus muttered darkly, before clearing his throat and shaking his head. It wasn't befitting for him to think that way.[/colour]

The Pegasus Looked around for a moment longer he turned and left.

Spitfire sat dumbfounded, They were going to their own deaths on this mission and for what? The anger and dispair flowed from her. She got up And trotted outside, She needed to Vent her anger. She Left Carmus in the room, she didnt mean anything by it at all. She trotted at a brisk pace. [colour=#FFD700][ Great plan they have going, How hare we going to get by? How are we supposed to set Up a base let alone form an assult in the volcanic wastes!?] [/colour]She sent a thought to Carmus. She trotted past other Raptors keeping her gaze forward. She reached A field nearby the camp. She Felt her emotions spike with pure rage, The side of Diety took control. She found a nearby boulder and ran to it. She grabbed it, with the help of her wings she flipped it over with much effort. Her muscles stung as it rolled and finnaly fell over the cliff, It rumbled as it fell hitting other rocks as it went. She watched it with red eyes, eventually the rage subsided. She sat on her haunches watching the boulder sadly. How could they raise a family now? She felt a few tears fall from her. [colour=#FFD700][I just dont know about this Carmus.][/colour]

Deity heard a beckoning. He looked up from his sorrow and heard the words of Spitfire cry out in sadness. He sighed and moved into the mind of the Pegasus, soldier. In a moment he was flooded with thoughts and feelings until he got control over himself. [colour=#ff0000][They want you to do what now?] [/colour][colour=#000000]Deity looked back through her thoughts between herself and Carmus. [/colour][colour=#ff0000][No! No, you go up to them and tell them to burn in oblivion, that's a suicide mission, alright, you'll die if you go there!][/colour]

Carmus stayed back in the meeting room for a minute more before following Spitfire out, [colour=#b22222]["I don't see how it's possible. It's a stupid plan, that much is certain."][/colour]

[colour=#000000]Carmus drew in his breath sharply as his heart rate sky rocketed, and a flooding feeling of anger swarmed his mind. Spitfire definitely wasn't happy. After the anger subsided, he picked up his pace until he was out of the building, where he lifted himself into the air and scanned the surrounding area for his wife.[/colour]

[colour=#000000]It wasn't long before he spotted her. Gliding down gently on outstretched wings, Carmus landed and sat beside her, sighing slightly as he replied to her thought in a hushed tone that only she could hear, [/colour][colour=#b22222]"I disagree with it myself. I don't see much we can do though.. Short of trying to get ourselves transferred to a different squadron, or resigning so soon. Though I doubt they'd let that happen. Maybe we could speak to the Commander about it?" [/colour][colour=#000000]He sighs, [/colour][colour=#b22222]"Perhaps we could request leave.. I just don't know."[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Carmus looks over at the mare, smiling sadly, [/colour][colour=#b22222]"I want to keep Equestria safe.. But I don't want to risk our family.."[/colour]

Spitfire continued to Cry, it had been a long time since she let herself shed tears. She Bowed her head sadly as Carmus landed next to her. She Listened as he gave her some suggestions but she knew that they wouldnt let them go. Diety had spoke to her, She felt Herself tear up again. [colour=#FFD700][Diety, i know you have concern but your immortal. You dont have much to Worry about. I.....I just.] [/colour]She thought to Diety. Carmus had stayed near her trying to comfort her the best he could. [colour=#FFD700]"Carmus......I think that being a Raptor is one of the best decisions of my life. I enjoy being here, under your command. I feel like im making a difference. But now they are sending us to nopony's land to our own deaths. There is no way we could survive there. Even if we do the Crimson company have set up so well there that We would be at a great dissavantage. If they dont do us in, the environment will. And for 10 years, 10 Years!" [/colour]She said to him. She knew that she should quiet down but they were a good distance from the base for nopony to hear them. She sighed, [colour=#FFD700]"I Dont know.......I figured we wouldnt be sent away like this.......I Want to raise a family, i want to have a seperate life....with you.... But now it seems impossible. This mission will be a one way ticket to Caelum." [/colour]

[colour=#ff0000][You don't get it do you? I have Emotions now! You know what that means? Carmus Dies, You Die, I Die, Time Dies, Shimmer's heart stops AKA she dies. Besides, even if that wasn't the case, your my host now. No one is allowed to kill you but me and age itself! Not even Nature can!] [/colour][colour=#000000]Deity thought loud enough to shake a building.[/colour]

Carmus sighed, pulling Spitfire into a hug. It wasn't proper protocol to perform such actions in uniform, but comforting her as best he could was more important to the stallion, [colour=#b22222]"I know... It seems hopeless..."[/colour]

[colour=#000000]He sighs and looks out over the hill, his tone is solemn, but with a hint of determination, [/colour][colour=#b22222]"I'm going to try and talk to the Commander. See if we can't sort this out some other way."[/colour]

(Deity makes a good point. Just tossing that out there.)

Spitfire closed her eyes feeling her comforted by Carmus's Embrace. She finnaly broke away knowing that it was wrong for them to embrace like this. She Smiled slightlwiping a few tears from her cheeks. She heard Diety scream at her which made her wince. She knew that He was right, but now how could he die? Wouldnt he just wander to find a new host?

[colour=#FFD700]"You know that they wont agree Carmus. Atleast not most of them. I have no say and you only have Jet stream and Horizon to back you. Dont get me wrong Carmus but I think that the odds are against us. I hope....."[/colour]

[colour=#00FF00]"Sargent Spitfire Report to your Squad immediately for Fly in and pick up!" [/colour]A higher ranked pony yelled.

Spitfire glanced over to See that The pony wasnt alone. Several of Celestia's Generals were there watching her. She guessed that they were there to oversee Carmus's Tactical movements. [colour=#FFD700]"What of Carmus sir? And Fly and pick up?" [/colour]She Yelled back.

The pony shook his head, [colour=#00FF00]"Doesnt matter What it is, its an order. Carmus is to report to Generals Hawkfire and Skyline, Now Go!" [/colour]He shouted.

Spitfire looked to Carmus, She knew in the back of her mind that they were Already loading them up to go. She looked back to the Generals, They were Blinded by the want to fight the Crimson Company that they too didnt see the foolishness of their ways. She saluted and ran to the Flight pad.

General Skyline chuckled [colour=#00FFFF]"Silly mare has alot to learn." [/colour]He said.

General Hawkfire nodded [colour=#A9A9A9]"She will in due time. So Captain Carmus i presume? Its good to meet you! We have come to Help you manage this mission. With luck that mare and the rest of your squad will be out in as little as 8 years!" [/colour]

General Skyline trotted with Hawkfire up to Carmus, [colour=#00FFFF]"We as well have come to tell you that since you and what is her name? Shimmer are the last strand to the Sentinel line we have deemed it that you are to stay here and provide tactical orders via Vidoc. You and her have the Talent of true leaders. Plus with the ability to stay here you will not have to worry about The Atmosphere there."[/colour]

The two Generals Led Carmus to the base away from the Flight pad. They kept talking about Carmus's Carrier and how far he could go with it.

Spitfire trotted to the Flight pad to see her Squad being suited up in Enviromental Hazard Battle suits. She felt her ears go down. They were being Shipped out! And without Carmus's Discression! She was slowly led closer down the line to the Suiting pavilion. [colour=#FFD700][Carmus! They are sending us out! I thought they couldnt unless it was An Executive order!][/colour]

Deity was in trouble now. They were going to send spitfire off and Carmus was no where near them. What was he to do? He had to think of something but what? He searched around for something, anything that could help him. One thought came to mind...a thought that could risk everything he stood for and may cause a bit of pain to Spitfire. He pushed himself forward, not to Spitfire, not to Time Spinner, but to Carmus himself. He felt a void of nothing and then a flash as he entered the mind of Carmus himself. Deity felt the draw back as he winced a bit. He heard the whole conversation and an Idea hit him. [colour=#ff0000]"Listen to me Carmus, if you want your wife to remain here with you do as I say. First if they want the line of the sentinels to mention children to them. Spitfire wants kids, no? If you two do that, then the line will continue. Not to mention Shimmer and Time's marriage is also sure to bring Foals along with it[/colour][colour=#000000]."[/colour]

After she released the embrace, Carmus had been about to intercept Spitfire's speech when she was called away. He smiled at her and gave her a sad nod.

He was not pleased. About the way the Generals were speaking of his wife, and how nonchalantly they were sending her, and by extension him, to their deaths.

Carmus stopped behind Hawkfire and Skyline as Spitfire 'spoke' to him, feeling her panic. He was going to respond, when a short burst of pain struck him. Wincing, he listened in confusion as somepony else speak to him. It was... Deity? Carmus wanted to tell the demon to shut it, but what he spoke made sense. Absolute sense, even.[colour=#b22222][Why I'm listening to you.. I'll probably never know. But if your idea gets Spitfire to stay here, I'll take it.] [/colour][colour=#000000]he thinks in return to Deity.[/colour][colour=#b22222] [/colour]

To Spitfire, he 'says', [colour=#b22222][Just stall them! Do anything you can to keep them from shipping you off! They're trying to keep me here.. But don't worry, I've been given an idea.][/colour]

The Captain lifts himself into the air, landing heavily in front of the two generals, [colour=#b22222]"Wait! First off, you two must be forgetting that, one, Spitfire and I are connected. If she dies, I day, and vice versa. Her odds of survival where you're sending her are one in a million, and through extension, as are mine.[/colour]

[colour=#B22222]"Furthermore, you two wish to keep my sister here as well, to preserve the Sentinel line. But what you're doing, sending Spitfire on this mission, will doom it. Spitfire and I are.. Planning on having children. Extending the line," [/colour][colour=#000000]His voice begins to gain confidence as he speaks, [/colour][colour=#b22222]"Spitfire dies, and the chances of the Sentinel line continuing deplete by half. Shimmer may stay alive, but what's to say she'll be able to handle losing her only remaining brother, and having no control in stopping it? What if that proves to much? You'll have effectively wiped out the entire line.[/colour]

[colour=#b22222]"I'm not normally one for threatening my allies, but if you do not see reason, I swear on my ancestor's names I will not hesitate to do all in my power to get Spitfire out of here,"[/colour] [colour=#000000]He narrows his eyes at the generals, standing to his full height before them, [/colour][colour=#b22222]"Court marshal me if you will, but there is no way in Tartarus you are sending my wife to that death trap. If you two need further reason, I have a suspicion that Spitfire's death will cause complications with my sister's health. Spitfire shares a common bond with Shimmer's fiance, Time. What's to say if she dies, that common bond will not cause Time to die? Spinner and Shimmer share a bond, much like Spitfire's and mine. If Time dies, I have reason to believe my sister will as well."[/colour]

Across the base, where Spitfire and most of the rest of the squadron were being loaded up, Commander Jet-Stream made his way towards the loading dock. He raised his voice to speak to the higher ranking ponies that were overseeing the process, "What's going on here? Was the Squadron Captain consulted about this beginning? Where is Captain Carmus?"

The stallion had exited his quarters to see them off. But when he noticed that Carmus was not with the rest of the squadron, he grew confused. Jet had known Carmus the Captain's entire life. He'd even raised him and his siblings for a time after the Sentinel's parents passed. He knew how Carmus operated, he would never leave those under his command to embark on any mission without his presence.

[colour=#ff0000][And considering Time's luck with danger, that might not be a just a threat.] [/colour][colour=#000000]Deity 'mumbled.' [/colour][colour=#ff0000][Alright you remembered to not let them on to my existence. Oh and the reason your listening to me is we have a mutual goal. I won't let them kill any of my hosts. I have something better planned for them...and- no I won't spoil the surprise." [/colour][colour=#000000]He snickered.[/colour]

(dat responce Saronyx.)

Spitfire Watched as the ponies ahead of her were placed on the platform, The magic activating and Placing the battle suits upon them. She Felt pain sting through her mind, something had happened. She glaced over her shoulder as the line moved up. She heard Carmus yell for her to Slow them down. She had no idea what to do, what could she do? She glanced back and saw that she was next. The raptor technisions waited for her to step on the platform, She refused to do so. Eventually they became impatient, Spitfire stood in place, [colour=#FFD700]"Cant you all see that we cant hope to survive there!? They had set up far long ago than we ever knew they were there! This is not the way to approach this and you all know it! I know you want to Help The common good of everypony and i know you have a duty but listen to me! What use are you if your lost before the ball even gets to roll?" [/colour]She said to them all. Some looked at her with understanding, some just kept their gazes low. While others became angry at her for her attitude. Spitfire stood before the platform trying to stall longer. She was just about out of time when Jet Stream stepped in. [colour=#FFD700]"Oh thank the stars youre here Commander." [/colour]She said to him. [colour=#ADD8E6]"Hey Sargent! We have a job to do! Like it or not we have to obey orders and thats what we will do! If the Generals wish for us to go in then by Luna we are going to do it!" [/colour]One of Her Squadmates yelled. Spitfire looked to him [colour=#FFD700]"But thats just it! We are soldiers but we have opinions as well! We have lives to live! I would follow all of you to Tarterus and back as long as the goal was in reach! If it wasnt i would have tried different ways but this mission of ours is Forefit! We will all Be obliterated if we go there." [/colour]She said to them all. Now some of them had begun to agree, until another obsticle came in the way. The sounds of hoofsteps came from nearby. Spitfire looked to see Noneother than Shining Armor himself. He looked at her with a stern gaze, he had a newly adorned scar over his muzzle. She saluted slighty to him to try and show respect. He sighed, [colour=#000080]"What seems to be the issue Spitfire, And hello Jet stream, good to see you." [/colour]He said to Her and the Commander. Spitfire looked to him, [colour=#FFD700]"What are you doing here Shining armor? I thought....." [/colour][colour=#000080]"Cadence is watching over the Crystal empire as we speak, I was informed by The generals that i was requested to come and Help Carmus with Tactical Movements and Help command this operation. Now i will ask again what is the problem?" [/colour]Spitfire winced again, she felt her voice slightly dissapear. She looked to Jet stream for support. Then she Told Shining of her thoughts on the mission, its flaws its lack of thought and insight. Shining armor listened intently as she went on. When she finnished he sighed, He rubbed his eyes. Her leadership had shone true, This mission was surely a failure waiting to happen. He looked at her then to the troops, He had no jurisriction over them, He was and advisor nothing else.

The Generals stared at Carmus with total bewilderment. He had gone off and completely told them off. They stared at him for a few moments before they Looked to eachother. They then looked to Carmus once again. Skyline didnt look to pleased but Hawkfire had a more passive look to him.

[colour=#00FFFF](Skyline) [/colour][colour=#A9A9A9](Hawkfire)[/colour]

[colour=#00FFFF]"Captain Carmus, I understand your feelings for Your Squad. But we are fighting a very dangerous company and we cant simply stand by dilly dallying with petty affairs! Spitfire.......odd name.....Will do just fine in Aquillis. Im sure that there is now "Connection" Between you all. There is no possable meaning to it! So what of she dies? She is just a mare Carmus! There are plenty more like her out there! I am sure you wont die if she does."[/colour]

[colour=#A9A9A9]"Now hold up Skyline, Ive heard of this before. Spitfire had died not to long ago but through magic a unicorn named Time had brought her back. She used herself to powet the shield above the 3 major settlements. I think that they could be connected in some...[/colour][colour=#00FFFF]"Perposterous! Why in the world why they all risk their lives to save her? She chose to go why not let her go? And on other terms you are out of line Captain!"[/colour][colour=#A9A9A9]"Skyline! Calm yourself! See reason. He is the leader of his squad let him speak his mind! Your being very brash right now!" [/colour][colour=#00FFFF]"This whole operation, This whole mission had taken weeks to get pulled together, we got Permission from Celestia herself to Help oversee this and now its crumbling due to a yellow mare? Do you know how many bits we have put into this?" [/colour][colour=#A9A9A9]"Yes i do Skyline....You need to see more than this though, Aquillis is a harsh land. The Crimson Company had already set up there. Maybe he is right. [/colour][colour=#00FFFF]"Hawkfire, What do you suggest we do? This little rebellion that the Cc have set up will widdle us down! We need to Act!" [/colour][colour=#A9A9A9]"By sending our troops to immesuable odds. That does seem like it would work, As well more that i think of it, it is seeming more and more impossable." And another thing, the Sentinel line, We do need it to keep our armies in check. Ever since they have been around they have been the backbone of leadership, We need more. Not like your Resources. We need leaders, strong leaders." [/colour][colour=#00FFFF]"So now your telling me that we let this opp go and risk more attacks just so they can have thier love story? Hawkfire whats happened to you? We need to...." [/colour][colour=#A9A9A9]"We need to stay here, Build up defence, more security......allow The sentinel line to prosper....Then when the time is right we can strike or wait them out......Im pulling the plug on my side, Half of the funding as well." [/colour]

Hawkfire nodded to Carmus. Skyline was breathless, He had just been undercut by his own friend. He grew red with embarrisement. There was no way he could count on pushing into Aquillis now. Not without the support of the 2nd General. He sat on his haunches and sighed. [colour=#A9A9A9]"Now do you see?" [/colour]Hawkfire asked. The general kept his gaze low, [colour=#00FFFF]"Tell everypony to unload.....The mission is a no go..... I hope your happy with her Carmus.....You costed the military millions of bits just to be with her.....She seems like she is worh it." [/colour]

Jet-Stream remained relatively silent as Shining Armor appeared, and began to speak with Spitfire.

He agreed with the mare, nodding slightly before turning to the technicians, "Cease action! Await the Captain of this Squadron!"

He began to trot towards them, "I need to see the generals overseeing this operation."

When Skyline began to speak, Carmus nearly punched the stallion. Before he could however, Hawkfire cut in, and the two began to debate. Carmus watched them go back and forth before Hawkfire stated he was pulling his support, and Skyline gave in. Relief flooded throughout Carmus, a smile beginning to spread across his face, "Thank you... Both of you."

He looks directly to Skyline as he begins to back up, "Trust me, General. She is."

He saluted before turning fully around and shooting off towards the loading docks.

Not only had he managed to keep Spitfire safe in Equestria, but the rest of his squadron, and so many more. He had to remember to thank Deity. Whatever the demons reasons for helping him, they worked.

Carmus hit the ground running upon reaching the loading dock, making a beeline for Spitfire and Shining Armor. He gives the unicorn a rushed salute, before placing both his hooves on Spitfire's shoulders as he faced her, "We did it! They pulled the plug! You're all staying!"

In his excitement, he'd missed what Deity had said, about having something else in store for his hosts...

Deity face-hoofed mentally. He looked around at the mind room he was in. It was different from Spitfire's and Time's. Time had a bunch of clocks and some distant pictures of canterlot back in the discordian era. Sometimes it would shift to a room in a orphanage and a blue filly could be seen in the distance. Spitfire's looked like caelum, possibly due to her dying but Carmus made him feeling like he was in the air as he saw the sky and the clouds and the floor looked like a town in the distance. He looked for a door but found none. He pushed himself forward, back into Spitfire's mind and felt a bit of pain that Spitfire would feel as well. [colour=#ff0000][Your welcome.][/colour]

(It was intentional Chrysalis)

Twilight had grown silent with thought, She thought back to how she had become Celestia's apprentice, How she had failed in so many ways and impressed her all the more. She remembered to when she gained her wings and her abilities increasing 10 fold. Then she thought about how she had taken Diety's life away. She never Knew that she caused so much harm. She then closed her eyes flashing back to when she and the others fought Liesha as Crysalis. She felt a twinge of goodness in her heart when they fought. She was Cursed, not herself. Then she thought of all the royalty That had fallen to evil, Diety, Luna,Liesha. She knew it was only a matter of time until she turned as well. But when she couldnt guess. She opened her eyes, Liesha seemed in deep depression. She felt so bad for her. Liesha thought she was useless, uneeded. She could understand somewhat now. [colour=#800080]"Liesha, I know i cant convince you otherwise. I want you to know that everypony in this world serves a purpose. Be it in battle, making the sick better or Otherwise. Liesha, i wish i could help you more....i wish that i could help you see that you too serve a purpose. You make everypony feel better, your the element of passion But you are so much more. Your a friend, a mother a leader. Your my friend Liesha, your Spitfire's Savior. Your a pinnacle of happiness. You are not alone....Ive repeated this many times...but it seems you think the opposite. I just wanted you to know...." [/colour]She said to the princess. She trotted closer and hugged her in a friendly embrace.

Spitfire listened as Jet stream ordered the guards and soldiers to stand aside,she knew that things were not going to well for anypony. She looked as some raptors argued over their Views of Loyalty. Shining armor stood aside trying to debunk what to do. The whole squad was broken in two.

Spitfire Stayed calm at the mess that had been made, but things were spiraling out of control. Suddenly The fighting stopped, Carmus had must have said something or another to fix this... At least she hoped he did. She Watched the Technitians salute Jet stream, they ran off to fetch the generals. Carmus ran out of the distance to them all. Spitfire Stepped forward, A smile upon her face. Carmus Had saluted to Shining armor to which he nodded respectfully in return. Spitfire felt glee rush through her as he told her the good news. She nudged him slightly before looking back to the others. Some looked dissapointed while the rest looked slightly relieved. They were staying, and none would be lost to the mission. Shining armor gave a grunt, [colour=#008080]"So my job is done, if the mission is through than i am through as well. Skyline and Hawkfire best know what to do the next time they want help from me. Nothing personal against anypony though." [/colour]He said displaying his slight displeasure. He Looked to Carmus, [colour=#008080]"What are we to do now?" [/colour]He asked. [colour=#A9A9A9]"We are to regroup, reorganize and Defend our land until the enemy wears out." [/colour]Hawkfire said behind him. Shining armor turned around to the generals as they approached followed by the technisions. [colour=#00FFFF]"And all due to the Sentinel lifeblood." [/colour]Skyline says with slight dissapointment. Hawkfire glanced to Spitfire [colour=#A9A9A9]"So your Carmus's wife.....Sorry about the rude first impressions. And its all true, the mission is a no go. We are to stay here. But now we need a new plan to help defeat the Cc." [/colour][colour=#00FFFF]"Yea and a cheeper one at that, we lost millions of bits on our last plan." [/colour]

Spitfire heard Diety's your welcome in her head to which she nodded, [colour=#FFD700][[/colour][colour=#FFD700]"Thank you diety.][/colour]

Liesha listened to Twilights words, and while it ment a lot to hear it from her it didnt make her feel any more wanted, then Twilight hugged her, this was very odd, she had, for as long as she remembered, never been hugged. She slowly wrapped her hooves around Twilight softly and lightly, and then let go and nodded to her.

Carmus stands beside Spitfire, a happy, relieved, grin still on his face. He nods to the generals, [colour=#b22222]"We've still got everything we payed for from that last operation. We'll figure something out."[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Jet-Stream trots up, nodding to each of them in turn, before looking to Spitfire and Carmus, "Would you two mind coming with me? There's something I'd like to discuss with you."[/colour]

Skyline and Hawkfire saluted Carmus, Skyline still seemed teemed about the loss of finances. They motioned for Shining armor to follow them. Shining nodded before following. The large force of Raptors began to dissperse. Spitfire wondered what would happen now. She looked to Jetstream as he asked for their ears. She smiled [colour=#FFD700]"Of course Commander." [/colour]She said to him she trotted with them to wherever they were going.

Twilight smiled slightly to Liesha, [colour=#800080]"If there is anything i could do for you let me know." [/colour]She said to her. She turned away and left to let liesha have privacy again.

"yeah..." Liesha's voice trailed off, as she turned to sit and watch the forest once more, unsure if Twilight was still there she talked to herself, "what i need is friends, a meaning, and a prince," she sighed.

Jet-Stream led Spitfire and Carmus away from the main group, back closer to the building that housed his living quarters. He stops outside, turning to face the couple. The older stallion smiles at them, "That was something back there. You two managed to stop an operation that would have cost us so many lives. I hadn't been on board with the mission myself, so I am grateful."

The stallion clears his throat before continuing, "I've served as Commander of the Raptor Division for a long time. Two generations. From Carmus' parents, to the two of you."

Jet-Stream looks from Carmus, to Spitfire before he speaks again, "I know there have been rumors surrounding my retiring since the end if the last war. Truth is, that's all they were, rumors. Until now, it seems. I've seen the leadership the two of you posses. And when you factor in the link between your minds, well, that's almost overkill. You may need a little more time to hone this skill further, but I feel it will become a powerful advantage in the future. And before I step down, I need to choose a successor."

The Commander steps up to them, placing a hoof on the shoulder of each, "But I figure, why not two?"

He smiles, "In the 900 plus years the Raptors have been in existence, they've always only been led by one pony. Over the past events, I've been watching you two, and a thought occurred to me, 'why not two commanders?' If you want to tea into it, the two of you are technically one mind. It will keep you two off the main lines of fighting if you do not choose to be there. Give you two a chance to start a family, while still serving your homeland."

Jet steps back from Spitfire and Carmus, smiling, "If you two accept, consider this a late wedding present."

Carmus was astonished, to say the least. He cleared his throat, blinking a couple times, "Er, Commander, are you sure about this?"

Jet-Stream nods.

Carmus looks to Spitfire for a second before back at his father figure, "I would be honored to take up the role," he looks back to Spitfire, "If Spitfire feels she is up for it that is."

Jet-Stream nods, "Of course."

(I apologize if this seems sloppily done. I am tired, and had to do it on my phone, rather than an actual computer.)

Spitfire followed Jet stream, she looked around the camp as the soldiers moved to their posts and daily tasks once more. She felt some pride in her and Carmus for saving them from a horrible demise. It was better for them all to stay here, on their land holding all the evil in the world at bay. She Notices they stopped by the living quarters. She listened to Jet stream as he began to elaborate his career and how he Enjoyed being in the position he was in. Then he brought up the fact of his retirement, He told them how he had finnaly decided to pass the authority of the Raptor Defence core to them. She listened still as He finnaly wrapped it all up. The offer sparked her interest, Her and Carmus commanding an army. They would be standing at the head of this force taking on Everything thrown at them and never faultering. She came back to reality as the thought of their Family Flashed past her. She looked to Carmus as he Accepted the position and now they were looking to her for her responce.

She rubbed her neck, She looked up to Jet stream and smiled slightly. [colour=#FFD700]"W....wow Jet stream.....Promotion from Sargent to Commander of the Raptors. Thats a very large step...i mean a very large step....." [/colour]She said to him. She cleared her throat chuckling slightly. She was obviously awestruck by this. [colour=#FFD700]"I didnt think that i would make it that far in the military.....To tell you the truth i had thought that i would be cannon fodder. I figured as well that....i wouldnt be able to raise a family....part of me always wanted to though. I took into consideration That the problems of service would throw so much that i couldnt hold it all" [/colour]She said. She turned looking to the sun as it was starting to sink. It was actually quite late in the day. She took a deep breath and released it. She felt her heart beat strong in its rythemetic tone with Carmus's. [colour=#FFD700]"This.....Is.....quite frankly....it makes me anxious. Why would they listen to me? Many others have much more Military experience than i. All i know to do is to follow orders and keep my head down." [/colour]She admitted.

Her thoughts had run through her like a river, she was now letting it all go. [colour=#FFD700]"Now though...I have a spark of hope.....sounds chessy right? I hadnt asked for this Connection to Carmus, nor did i want to be Sapping off of him. Sometimes i think im Feeding off of his life, not living my own." [/colour]She said to them. She Smiled [colour=#FFD700]"But I now realize that I am willing to dive into Oblivion with him, I am willing to do whatever i can to help him along. This job is a heavy burden for him to bear. I am willing to take some of it and help him carry it. I accept Jet stream." [/colour]She turned back to Them She blushed slightly. [colour=#FFD700]"Sorry....im a speech giver sometimes. Thank you Jet stream, for everything." [/colour]She said to him. She gave a salute to him and put her hoof down.

She looked over the camp, [colour=#FFD700]"Technacally your service isnt over Jet stream, Lets celebrate your farewell. Why not travel to Ponyville to Have a get together? Apple cider is on me." [/colour]She said to them both. She motioned for them to follow, the night was going to be a long one.

(Ok Final time jump and ending. when you guys awnser. gonna do a thing with Spitfire's and Carmus's Children. Make a good ending. :3)

(I was putting this off until I was able to get acess to a computer, but I've waited long enough, and I apologize for this)

Jet-Stream had nodded in response to Spitfire's surprise, "I realize that it is. Personally, if it were up to me, I would've made you a captain straight outta basic. But the higher brass didn't want to let me. I did manage to convince them of this though."

He and Carmus fell silent when she continued to speak. Jet-Stream returned the salute, smiling.

Carmus wrapped an arm around Spitfire, "Give it a couple weeks. Your speech giving's going to be useful in the future."

["Don't worry about it to much, Spitfire. Some of the troops may have some sort of complaint about your promotion, but I'll handle that. You'll do great. I love you."]

Carmus released her shorty before she looked over the camp, and spoke to Jet-Stream again.

The dark coated stallion chuckled, "Well, I can never say no to a cider. Lead the way. Commanders."

He gave a small smile as he fell in behind Spitfire and Carmus, satisfied with his choice.

(I am so terribly sorry for the delays as of late. I've had family visiting for the past week)

TIME JUMP

The air was cool in Equestria, Birds chirped, Bunnies hopped along their way. Peace had stood dominant for the past 3 years. The shield above the 3 settlements stood vigil, holding out all evils that attempted to cause harm. Although the land below the shield had been harmonious, the land outside of the shield had Hardships. The Crimson Company had assulted several times, the land marred by battles and scuttles that had taken place. Every time though the favour was for the Raptors. The company had suffered Tremendous losses and had receeded back to Aquillis. Nopony Knew what Drove them to such Hatred and such perservierence to throw themselves at the shield in an attempt to Destroy it all, Only to be driven back again and again. The Wonderbolt Academy Had now become A much stronger and vigil defending branch of the Raptors. Rainbow dash, Soarin and the others on the flight team continued to Preform shows, But now had become more militarised. (bad spelling) The Crimson company vanished not 2 weeks ago when a large erruption from Mt Froth had shook Aquillis. The affects had Spread to Equestria, Ash fell every now and again. Boulders lay in fields and in Small villages. The shield protected all below it, Keeping them safe from the outside world. The land lay in turmoil around it but regrowth would run its course.....Like it always had.

The airstrip near the Academy Was breezy and cool. The Sun shone through the shield above, Shedding light down onto the hard Surface. The Memorial had stood as it always had. Moss grew on the statues as well as the name wall. Its once Shining material faded. The rock sunbleached and cracks adorned them.

Ponies Walked back and forth down the Airstrip not paying attention to the Ghosts of the past. Many had so much to do and in so little time. Supplies came through the shield and to The Airstrip for Examination and proccessing. The Raptors had changed when Jet stream stepped down and allowed Spitfire and Carmus to Take his place. Regulations became more thurough, Production increased. But Management of Outside affairs suffered. Many questioned The Commander's Choice of Allowing Spitfire to Step up to power from just a sargent. Some rioted, some kept quiet. But in the end Carmus had settled the problems. Nopony Knew how or why they both got the promotion. How they were so In Sync with eachother, They seemed to be in connection to others as well as an outworldly Presence that gave them intence Strength. They had both raised a family together 1 year ago, they had 2. (Gonna go with our idea.)

Flash and Vel. They Had grown rather quickly and had Suceeded in making their parents proud in more ways than one. Although their parents are now Military leaders, they had always had time for them. Today was one of those days where The foals came to see Their mother and father work.

Spitfire stood watching the Memorial, She stayed silent as she recalled the events so long ago. Flash and Vel had gone off with Carmus to Lunch. She Loved Him so much, he was a great father as well as a Leader. She saw so much in him that she didnt see in others. She sighed ruffling her feathers as the breeze made her shiver. She looked over the names on the memorial over and over again. The list was huge, It still amazed her how Many they had lost. She Noticed that she always dwelled in the Past, She couldnt ge the image of the Academy Burning to the ground. She Watched the memorial waiting for Carmus to return with Flash and Vel.

(Sorry for controlling Carmus, Just had to set the setting. You can describe the foals looks if you like!)