The Academy Chapter 3 Daylight's End

Dabom444

Liesha stared out her window toward the shield and sighed, "It has been so long yet it feels as if nothing has changed," she shook herself off, doned her emerald crown and put on her gold gown and headed out to the streets of canterlot.

Silver chain jumped excited as she made her way through the plaza with her sister Seeker. She was really excited about her new spell she had learned, Time Stop. It was difficult, and silver couldn't perform it by herself but she was so happy that she and her father did do it. Time Spinner was a stay at home father, after all he wasn't in the military and his office was in the house they lived in. It changed a lot since before. Auntie Blitz would come to visit and stay in a purple room that the foals would play in sometimes. It had something that Blitz said she got from a friend called a turntable. There was another room, bright blue that their father kept locked, as well as a dark black room. The house got extended so that Silver and seeker could have their own room. Swift Blitz taught Seeker how to do some tricks every know and then but it was Shimmer who taught her the most. Time Spinner taught Silver how to use her magic at least what Time could teach her. It seems that she could still use the clarions magic, and not suffer from most of the problems that happened after. Silver could stop time with another normal Unicorn for 5 seconds! It would also seem that Silver was gifted in healing magic and with a little help from the auntie Luna and auntie Celestia, she was able to get into Celestia's school for gifted Unicorns. While not as serious as Twilight was, Silver was a very good student. They were both excited to see their mother but something caught their eye, it was a book, that read "I make Time Spin." Silver though it was odd and put it in her pack and they kept walking to see their mother.

(Hey look, I'm not taking a full day.

And don't sweat it about controlling Carmus, it's fine.)

"... And that's the story of how your mother and I met."

Carmus said, landing lightly on the ground before the two young colts, "Again."

He added, with a slight chuckle. The Commander looked at his sons, who despite having heard the story multiple times before, still seemed to enjoy hearing it. Vel really did remind him of his little brother. His appearance was closer to Spitfire's, sharing a slightly darker tone of her yellow coat, while his mane was a white streaked orange, which he wore in a style akin to his father's. Flash looked slightly more like Carmus, bearing a red coat. Though his mane was the the same colours as Vel's, the pattern was switched. Despite this, he shared some tendencies of his namesake, Spitfire had said. Since their birth, Carmus had become a believer in the Power of a name. Each son wore around their neck a piece of the Soul Stone that the original Flashbomb had given Spitfire. The colts didn't fully know the significance of these stones, but they would in time.

He cleared his throat, glancing up at the sky as he crouched down before his sons, "Anyway, I think it's about time we get going, eh? Your mother's probably waiting for us."

The colts gave him a somewhat sloppy salute each, and began to help clean up their lunch area, Flash chattering away as they went, "So is it all true? I mean, we've heard the story a bunch of times, but did you really carry mum all the way through a falling building?"

Carmus chuckled, and was about to respond when Vel cut in, "Of course it's true! mum and dad are awesome!" He looks at Carmus as the stallion leans down to pick up the cooler in his teeth, and pokes him in the neck, "Hey dad, when're you and mum gonna tell us about what happened the rest of that day? I've heard Aunt Shimmer mention it as one of the most memorable days of her life. Musta been pretty awesome to get her to talk about it like that!"

Carmus glanced at his older son with a slightly pained look. He knew Shimmer still took the events of those particular few days pretty hard, when she thought about them to much. He shook his head, "The events of that day were certainly something. But they weren't all 'awesome'."

"You gonna tell us about them?" Flash asked, blinking his orange eyes at his father expectantly.

Carmus gave him a solemn smile, "Maye when you two are older."

He picked up the case, spreading his wings, "Now lets get going! Don't want to keep your mother waiting to long. We all know who'll get punished for that!" He gave a jovial wink at his children as they climbed onto his back and clung tight as he took off. While the two of them were excellent flyers already, they weren't quite able to match his speeds just yet, and he wanted to get back to his wife as soon as possible, so they could all be together while they were still able.

As Silver and Seeker neared the section of the plaza where their mother was, they were able to see her, wearing her full armor - minus the helmet - that signified her position as head of Twilight's Guard, explaining a few things to an assortment of Pegasi, Unicorns and Earth ponies, all wearing armor akin in design to her own, but less gilded. The newest recruits.

Before they were able to get to close to her, a beige unicorn stepped out in front of them, grinning. It was Rune, the son of the former Commander Jet-Stream.

The young unicorn continued to smile broadly at them, "Hey you two! On your way to visit your mum, huh?"

He chuckled, shaking his head, "Ah, what am I saying? Of course you are!"

Rune turned his attention towards Silver Chain, "You learn that spell you were telling me about yet? Judging by your excitement, I'd say you did!" He chuckles, waving a hoof, "Anyway, I should get going. I just had to pick up a few books for Zecora. I don'f want to make her wait, or keep you two from seeing Shimmer. Silver, you'll have to show me that spell next time, huh?"

With one small adjustment to his pack, Rune smiled and his horn glowed briefly before he vanished, having teleported away.

His action of stepping in front of the twin fillies had been well timed, as Shimmer had finished up her lecture to the recruits while he was talking, and had turned away from the initiates as soon as the young colt teleported away. Spying her daughters, Shimmer's serious expression melted into one of joy, and she galloped over to them, pulling the fillies into a hug as best she could, given the armor, "Girls! My goodness, you two are a nice sight! I've had to deal with some new recruits all day. Which is, quite frankly, exhausting."

She kisses each of them on the forehead before releasing them, still smiling, "What brings the two of you out here? Where's your dad?"

Spitfire continued to dwell in the past, She let her memory flash with multiple images about that cruel unforgiving night. She Closed her eyes and looked away to try to let it fade. She saw many Millitary personel Moving What seemed to be immagrants. Things must be getting really bad outside the barrier.

She trotted to the display case that held momentos like Armor pieces, weapons, Com pieces, And Flashbomb's and Velocity's masks. She smiled slightly and placed her hoof on the glass. Warheros.....thats what everypony who gave their lives were. She thought of Her children. They knew only a little of what happened that night. They didnt know about where they got their names from. She felt guilty for not telling them, but they were young and didnt need to be burdened by such memories. Not yet.

She backed away and looked back to the barrier, it was holding true. It glew with a vibrant rainbow colour, It portrayed an illusion of a clear sky. But she knew that the world outside was in chaos, Ash falling from the skies from mt froth. Ponies turning to crime to make up for their lost lives. Such evil wasnt allowed in the dome, If somepony with intent to Harm entered the barrier, It would either Taze them into submission or Cause them to leave due to Outside Intervention. She felt that evil was taking hold of the land outside, how long could they keep this up? She remembered the easy life of being just the wonderbolt captain. Watching others become wonderbolts, Flashbomb, Angel snapp, Lyria, Gadget, Marble, Lightning dust. All gone in one way or another. She Yawned loudly, she was quite tired. She waited for Carmus to Return with The kids. She needed to see them and get her mind cleared.

As she waited she contemplated her bond with him, Shimmer, Diety, and time. She had felt that over time the bond grew so emmence that they could see eachother's dreams, See what they could see, and even control one another for a short time. She knew she was only alive due to a spell, and the Caelum. Without it she wouldnt be there, to raise a family and to command an army.

All of these thoughts had burdened her. She needed to clear her mind. She leaned on the statue of Velocity and Flashbomb. She looked at the barrier and continued to wait for Carmus and them.

It wasn't long before Spitfire's patience paid off. Carmus fell from the sky, performing one of the Wonderbolt stunts turned combat maneuver as he went - though considerable slower, due to his passengers. He landed on the ground a short distance from his wife, trotting slightly to work off the excess momentum while their sons flew from his back, laughing excitedly. Carmus smiled at Spitfire as he got closer to her, setting the cooler down and giving her a quick nuzzle, [colour=#b22222]"Hey there, beautiful. They survived."[/colour]

He stepped next to Spitfire as their children came racing over, and with a collective shout of 'mum!' threw themselves on her in a little group hug. Flash was the first to release, hovering in front of her and slowly descending as he spoke, [colour=#ffa500]"Dad told us the story about how you guys met! How he carried you through a falling building! And we were wondering,"[/colour]

[colour=#DAA520]"Is that all true? Did that really happen? Dad says it did, but we wanted to hear if from you, just to be sure he wasn't joking us."[/colour]

[colour=#000000]While the two spoke to their mother, Carmus had let his attention drift briefly to the memorial. There they were, his 'brothers', standing vigil over the old Academy grounds in that statue. Sure, Flashbomb wasn't really related to the family, but his little brother had thought of him that way, so Carmus would as well. He smiled as he looked from the statue and memorial down to his sons, who bore their names. These were the future of the Sentinel line, alongside Shimmer and Time's daughters. Silver Chain was one of the first none Pegasus to be born as part of the Sentinel continuity, at least as far as Carmus knew. The Commander connected him mind to Spitfire's, shifting his gaze from his family to the barrier, gazing through it at the atmosphere beyond the sphere, [/colour][colour=#b22222]["They've been asking about what happened the rest of that day. I have a feeling it's only going to grow more frequent as they get older.[/colour]

How are you doing, Spitfire? I was getting some negative vibes from you.. about the past. The dreams are getting worse?"]

[colour=#000000]It had gotten to the point with the connection that Spitfire and Carmus could communicate through their telepathic connection, while speaking clearly aloud. Multiple times they had used this when meetings concerning the CC had begun to grow out of hand.[/colour]

(Rune X Silver Chain, ship it like FedEX!)

[colour=#000000]Silver chain blushed as Rune disappeared, causing seeker to roll her eyes. [/colour][colour=#006400]"What's with you and him?"[/colour]

[colour=#40E0D0]"He's kind of cute, okay."[/colour]

[colour=#006400]"How can you think that's cute?"[/colour]

[colour=#40E0D0]"How can you think other fillies are cute?"[/colour]

[colour=#006400]"That was too far."[/colour]

[colour=#000000]The smiled as they saw their mum and were about to speak when Time interrupted.[/colour]

[colour=#696969]"I'm right here, Honey." [/colour][colour=#000000]Time said as he trotted from behind the twins, out of breath. [/colour][colour=#696969]"The girls...just got away from is all." [/colour][colour=#000000]He looked from one of his daughters, to the other, then to his wife.[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Seeker was really excited as she pulled her pack off and started to dig through it. [/colour][colour=#40e0d0]"Auntie Blitz helped us pick it out!" [/colour][colour=#000000]Seeker pulled out a dazzling quartz yellow necklace, it had five stones on it and each one had a cutie mark, one had a pocket watch, a chain, a key, a feather, and an ice blue bird. [/colour][colour=#008000]"Happy birthday mum!"[/colour]

[colour=#40E0D0]"Even though it's not her birthday..."[/colour]

[colour=#008000]"Happy late birthday mum!"[/colour]

Spitfire heard the flap of wings, she allowed her gaze to look up to see her family landing. She smiled brightly at all of them, They were the thing that she always looked forward to. She returned the nuzzle to Carmus, she hugged Flash and Vel with a laugh.

Flash asked about a tale that Carmus had told them about how she and Carmus met. She nodded [colour=#FFD700]"Yes its exactly all true, We saved eachother that day." [/colour]She replied to them. [colour=#FFD700]"Your dad is a hero." [/colour]She said to them. She Glanced to Carmus as he took note of the memorial behind her and the barrier that shielded them from the horrors outside. She listened to Carmus's question Both telepathically and Physically. [colour=#FFD700]"They will learn about the rest of it soon." [/colour]She said as she looked to The stones around her sons necks. [colour=#FFD700][i.....i dont know....they are getting more and more frequent. I think it has to do with the connection between us all and the connection to Caelum. Im still tethered as i believe you are.] [/colour]She thought to her husband. She looked to her sons again, [colour=#FFD700]"I hope you had fun eating lunch together. Sorry i couldnt come, somepony needs to watch over everything around here eh? If not they would throw a party or something." [/colour]She said to them. [colour=#FFD700][Your a wonderfull father Carmus.] [/colour]She thought to him quickly. She laughed, [colour=#FFD700]"I heard that the wonderbolts were going to be preforming tonight.....Bummer we cant see them.....Guess we better just slouch around and...." [/colour]She said as she fished out 4 tickets from her pocket on her uniform. She kept her gaze away for a few moments before letting her gaze fall upon them again with a snicker. [colour=#FFD700]"Oh what are these? They just magically appeared out of nowhere!" [/colour]She said to them. She knew how much they wanted to see a Wonderbolt show and how she hadnt been able to find time for all of them to go at once. [colour=#FFD700][i moved some things around...thought we could deserve a treat."] [/colour]She thought.

(Load the head canon! Aim! FIRE!!)

But gosh dangit that's cute when I imagine it)

Shimmer smiled at Time, chuckling. She turned her attention to Seeker, one eyebrow slightly raised on curiousity, "She did?"

Her ice blue eyes widened as Seeker pulled the necklace from her pack. It was gorgeous. Shimmer was broken out of her awe when Seeker wished her a happy birthday, giving her a look of confusion, which changed when Silver corrected her. Shimmer laughed as she took the necklace, slipping it over her head, letting the gem rest on the center of her breastplate. She pulled Seeker and Silver into another hug, nuzzling each of them, "Well, sometimes late birthday gifts are the best, hmm?"

She chuckles once more as she stood, adjusting her mane to cover up the necklace's chain after releasing her daughters and standing. Shimmer clears her throat. Technically she wasn't supposed to be hugging anybody in her armor, but there was nopony around that she had to worry about. Leveling her gaze on Time, she tilted her head, "So, how've you been holding with me gone? The girls being kind to you?"

(I hate posting from mobile sometimes. I miss things)

Carmus chuckled, "Only as much of a hero as you."

He looks at her eyes as he responds telepathically, while their sons discussed whether or not the other was right about the story being the truth, ["We'll figure it out, Spitfire. We always do."]

Flash and Vel turned their attention to Spitfire when she spoke to them, apologizing for not being able to make it to lunch. Flash shook his head, "Oh! You don't need to worry about it, mum. We understand." He smiled at her.

Carmus laughed at her joke. He knew there was some newer recruits that would love nothing more than to do just that. The presence of either Commander usually staved that off no problem.

["Aah, only as amazing as my wife.]

The excitement on the two colts faces was evident when their mother, the former Captain of the Wonderbolts, mentioned that the team would be performing. Carmus could sense that she was hiding something, but he didn't let on. If he hadn't known, his heart might've shattered at their disappointment.

He couldn't help but laugh when Spitfire produced the tickets, and their sons shouted in joy, high hoofing each other with enough force to stumble.

["That was pretty cruel.. I love it. See what I mean? You're a great mother. I think this'll be a good thing for them. See what their mother used to do."]

(The wonderbolt show is gonna need soarin.)

Spitfire smiled and giggled slightly to Carmus, she nodded to him then let her gaze fall on her sons. [colour=#FFD700]"I think that the show is going to be spectacular. They always are." [/colour]She said to them. She Heard hoofsteps running their way. She glanced over her shoulder to see a raptor running to them. She turned and saluted back to him when he saluted her. He handed her a Note and ran back to his post. She looked to her family and then back to the note. She excused herself a moment as she read it. "Meet me in the Academy military wing, Something has happened." Horizon

Spitfire looked slightly puzzled, she then looked to Carmus. [colour=#FFD700][That cant be good Honey, Horizon wants us to meet with him. Something is going on.] [/colour]She thought to him. The kids seemed confused, She smiled to them [colour=#FFD700]"Its just work buissiness, it will get sorted out." [/colour]She said to them reassuringly. She glanced to a Raptor guard nearby, [colour=#FFD700]"Soldier! I have a task for you, I need you to watch Flash and Vel until Carmus and I get back. We need to clear something up real fast." [/colour]She said to the soldier whom saluted in responce as he came near. She looked to Carmus and motioned for the building. [colour=#FFD700]"We will be back soon, then we can go to the arial show." [/colour]She said to her sons. She trotted over giving them a hug. She released and smiled. She trotted to the building and stopped just a small ways away from Carmus waiting for him.

[colour=#696969]"Well, the girls been fine and you forget that until yesterday, my sister's been here. Seeker had someone to fly with and Silver's been learning some more time magic. Though two days ago they were harassing some boy and claiming that he was lying about something." [/colour][colour=#000000]Time shook his head. His daughter's talents seemed to work together. Silver chain could tell when someone was lying as some type of chains would "appear" over them and Seeker could get them to tell the truth, but they seemed to use this power a little too much.[/colour]

[colour=#B22222]["Wonder what could have come up..."][/colour]

[colour=#000000]Carmus trots over to Spitfire after giving each of his sons a pat on the head, [/colour][colour=#B22222]"Just give us a sec you two. This shouldn't take long."[/colour]

He smiles and enters the building with Spitfire.

Vel and Flash wave to their parents. They stand in awkward silence for a few seconds before Flash finally asks the Raptor, [colour=#ffa500]"Sooo, you're one of our parent's soldiers?"[/colour]

---

[colour=#696969]"Oooh that's right! I feel kinda bad for that now."[/colour] Shimmer chuckles, shaking her head, [colour=#696969]"Sorry. I've been a little flustered lately. These new recruits have been driving me up the wall."[/colour]

[colour=#000000]She turns her attention to her daughters, one eyebrow raised. Her expression was stern for a second before asking, [/colour][colour=#696969]"Well, was he?"[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Shimmer shrugs, [/colour][colour=#696969]"But in any case. I'd like to see what you two have been learning first chance I get. I should be off duty soon."[/colour]

Spitfire trotted with Carmus down the hall. She kept silent as they neared Horizon. When they finnaly reached him she spoke.

[colour=#FFD700]"Whats the matter Horizon? Why the message?" [/colour]She asked with a tilt of her head.

Horizon turned to her from a large map that glew faintly. The map showed all of Equestria. The bubble around the 3 cities, Aquillis and what seemed to be a large black cloud around the bubble. He sighed. [colour=#00FF00]"Its not good. The Crimson company is behind all of this." [/colour]He said to them. He brought a file from a cabinet beneath the table. He opened it showing the contents to Them. [colour=#00FF00]"It seems their motives have all been achieved. The eruption of Mt Froth was just a cover. We recovered this intel from a crimson band whom strayed to far from Aquillis." [/colour]He said to them.

Spitfire looked at the papers, she Read much of the writing then looked up to Horizon. [colour=#FFD700]"What do you mean cover? They were wiped from the planet with the eruption." [/colour]She said to Horizon. She now was feeling fear boil inside her.

[colour=#00FF00]"Well yes....But its what they had planned. Remember the battle of Canterlot 5 odd years ago?" [/colour]Horizon asked.

Spitfire felt her gut sink. The battle that claimed Flashbomb, Velocity, Argon and so many others. She nodded keeping her gaze on him.

[colour=#00FF00]"Well......When the peace agreements and alliances with the gryphons took place the group had been formed as a rebellion against it. They had set up shop in Aquillis covered by the soot and Siesemec activity. They hadnt just been preforming Sabotage to our Country but something darker. The darkness hadnt been all eradicated with the elements of harmony. Well they were but not some relics of theirs. When Thunder Swift was obliterated Pieces of Armor, goggles whatever the shadow bolts had, Had been thrown across the land. The Rebels were indoctronated by these when they found them. Causing them to Become the Crimson Company. They.....Well they were tasked by the Darkness to do one final favour for them. To make Equestria fall, They had been tasked to Reactivate Mt Xelon." [/colour]Horizon Explained.

Spitfire couldnt believe her ears. The Darkness had still lingered, and had taken control of the rebels. They must have seen the Darkness as A prophet. [colour=#FFD700]"Mt Xelon is the most dangerous and Destructive Volcano known to pony kind. Its been inactive for billions of years. There is no way the could awaken it." [/colour]She said to Him.

Horizon nodded, [colour=#00FF00]"Well they have......Mt Froth was a mistake but a Reliable mistake. Their trifling with Mt Xelon had casued the first eruption Destroying themselves. It though had provided enough distraction for Mt Xelon to Gain power. Its going to Go off soon, and i mean soon. We hadnt seen it due to the Immigration of so many inside of the Shield. It will obliterate everything." [/colour]Horizon said to them.

Spitfire shook her head, [colour=#FFD700]"No.....This cant be right. The shield would hold...." [/colour]She said in dissbelief.

[colour=#00FF00]"No it wont Commander! It will fall, it cant take this much of a blast!" [/colour]He said to her. [colour=#00FF00]"We are out of time, the end is coming. Their is no escaping it. If we forsaw it we could have tried to endure with Bunkers and shelters but now it is too late. Ponykind, Griffons, Diamond dogs, Everything will be wiped. The world will fall into a Ice age so quick that any survivors will freeze. We, if we do have one or 2 survivors would be thrown back to the Dark ages. The Darkness had an ace in the hole, to destroy everything it couldnt have." [/colour]He said to her.

Spitfire began to tear up, Everything was for nothing? The losses, The rebuilding, Thier hard work and all of it to be taken away? Just like that? What of her Family?" [colour=#FFD700]"No.....No....No! it cant end like this! We worked so hard! And now.....Oh my stars......" [/colour]She mumbled as tears left her. [colour=#FFD700]"There has to be a way......Something! We cant just accept our fate! We need to do something!" [/colour]She said.

Horizon shook his head more, [colour=#00FF00]"There is nothing Spitfire! Dont you think i tried!? What could we possably do to save just a few? What is it Spitfire!?" [/colour]He demanded.

Spitfire kept quiet for a few moments before she spoke quietly, [colour=#FFD700]"The shield, What if we Bolstered it?" [/colour]She said.

Horizon looked at her with confusion and dispair, [colour=#00FF00]"What in blazed do you mean? " [/colour]He asked her.

Spitfire looked to Carmus then to Horizon, [colour=#FFD700]"As the name implies......Bolster the shield somehow." [/colour]She said.

Horizon finnaly got what she meant. [colour=#00FF00]"No way spitfire! We cant risk the lives of other ponies! That beacon nearly killed you as well as the others!" [/colour]

[colour=#FFD700]"Well its a shot! We would all just dissapear if we dont do anything! There is a small hope there! Why not try?" [/colour]She asked. She looked to Carmus trying to gain some support.

Outside the guard stayed with Flash and Vel, he smiled to them. [colour=#ADD8E6]"Why yes i am. its a tough job to do. Your Mother and Father are very thourough when it comes to Guards. I still enjoy serving under them." [/colour]He said.

The rumble of the skies took his attention to the barrier. The smoke and ash had begun to build up again. [colour=#ADD8E6]"What in the name of Celestia is happening out there?" [/colour]He pondered. Frantic cries came from the Refugee Area near the Academy. The guard glanced over to hear a few words. [colour=#A9A9A9]"The end is here! Xelon is going to blow! All is lost!" [/colour]One shouted. Chaos began to ensue as the Raptors tried to maintain control. Shouts errupted from the Com on the guard. The three cities were amass with Confussion as well as Panic. The Reffugees were planting the seeds of Turmoil. Suddenly the world shook, The coms went wild as the shouts of Military Yelled out that Rocks were raining from the skies above. That the Ash was unbearable. Then they went dark.

The guard turned to Flash and Vel. [colour=#ADD8E6]"We need to get you to your parents ASAP!" [/colour]He shouted. He hearded the two to the building where Spitfire and Carmus had went. The world shook again as Xelon Began its final stage.

(gah, two days. Far to long. Sorry for the wait.)

Carmus kept his silence while they were discussing the happenings. While he didn't show it, he knew that Spitfire could feel his anxiety. All they had done... and for what? To be destroyed, with nothing they could do.

Although.. maybe Spitfire was right? Maybe bolstering the shield could at least save the three settlements beneath it... But what of the rest of Equestria?

Carmus had been about to speak when he felt the shockwave... [colour=#b22222]"We may already be to late! We have to come to a decision now!![/colour][colour=#B22222]"[/colour]

--

The two colts merely nodded to the guard, hearts racing with excitement, and fear, as they were brought to their parents

Time was confused by the random, loud noises. Though he was a smart stallion and when he looked up he was able to come to a conclusion, the world was going to be destroyed. He had to think of something fast but what could it be? The book never mentioned the world being destroyed! It wasn't until he looked into his mind that he understood everything.

(Time's Mind room.)

(Also I like this music for this moment:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fZNB6YlB5c

[colour=#696969]"What do we do?" [/colour][colour=#000000]Time asked as the internal clock of his belled loudly.[/colour]

[colour=#FF0000]"It's all over...Not even Celestia herself could save us if she were still around."[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Time broke down as he heard those words. He always came to Deity in troubled times but now what? If Deity couldn't think of anything then what would happen?[/colour]

[colour=#696969]"No...no...this can't be it, there has to be something, anything that we could do...what about ancient form? I-I could go into it and stop time around the destroyed area. Then we-"[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Deity cut him off. [/colour][colour=#ff0000]"How long would that last Time Spinner? Hmmm? You haven't even ascended into alicorn hood and even if you did you couldn't hold a time stop that long. Maybe a year, but what's the point in delaying the inevitable?"[/colour]

[colour=#696969]"But...flash, Vel, Rune, Seeker, Silver chain, what about the children? Do we just leave them to die too?"[/colour]

[colour=#FF0000]"...as much as I hate to say this...yes..."[/colour]

[colour=#696969]"We have to do something!"[/colour]

[colour=#000000]And it was in that last moment of sanity, that last moment of quiet, and that last moment of peace when everything was broken. The clock chimed and the floor beneath them cracked. Time was hopeless.[/colour]

[colour=#696969]"I won't give up my kids so easily..."[/colour]

[colour=#000000]That was when the clock struck 12 and everything fell into place, every spell, every mask, every love and loss, every dream, every mentor, every dawn, and every evening all were cast into the dark abyss below. The room was enveloped by Darkness and soon the scream of every last friend, family, and loved ones echoed in that deep pit of despair in the room that they dared to call Time Spinner's mind...and yet...something happened. It was a small glimmer at first but grew and filled the room with light again and everything was back into place. It was all a lock, a chain of events that set off these moments that could somehow be molded by the fabric of space and time itself. All they needed was the essence of two powerful beings, all they needed was the best of the best, all the needed was a species that the clarions and the sentinels could call their own, and they just so happened to have two along with them. Time was the last of the clarions and Shimmer was a descendant of the first sentinels, with story foretold, and fate sealed, Deity came to the final conclusion. [/colour][colour=#FF0000]"Get Shimmer, Silver chain, and Seeker to the core..."[/colour]

[colour=#696969]"Deity..."[/colour]

[colour=#FF0000]"Do you remember what I said when we first met?"[/colour]

[colour=#696969]"Blood writes history, blood can rewrite history..."[/colour]

[colour=#FF0000]"And blood is what we're going to have to pay..."[/colour]

[colour=#696969]"What of Shimmer and the connected? Will they live?"[/colour]

[colour=#FF0000]"Only if the heroes can make it to safety."[/colour]

[colour=#696969]"How many can we send?"[/colour]

[colour=#FF0000]"We can only do what Jamora did to you, we can only send children. You were barely a child at that point. I'm sure companions can join."[/colour]

[colour=#696969]"How. Many."[/colour]

[colour=#FF0000]"Maybe five children."[/colour]

[colour=#696969]"Thank you...Deity..."[/colour]

[colour=#FF0000]"You know when you perform the spell...all of the kids can see me...and they're going to need a spirit guide."[/colour]

[colour=#696969]"Who will it be?"[/colour]

[colour=#FF0000]"He saved you life, became a wonderbolt, went to the darkness and came back...and it seems he's calling us."[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Just like that a phone rang near Time Spinner and he went to pick it up. [/colour][colour=#696969]"Hello?"[/colour]

[colour=#0000CD]"Hello Time-"[/colour]

[colour=#696969]"Gadget it's been a long time."[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Just like Gadget saw...a phone call to the future....[/colour]

[colour=#000000](Reality)[/colour]

[colour=#696969]"We need to get to the core! Come on."[/colour]

The Building Rocked hard As a large typhoon of sound and noise overtook it. Spitfire Tumbled slightly at the sudden shock. She got to her hooves, the end was here. She didnt know what to do, what to say. She whipped her gaze to Horizon, [colour=#FFD700]"WE NEED TO MOVE!" [/colour]She shouted to Carmus and Horizon.

Horizon nodded and ran to the door. Spitfire followed close behind hoping Carmus would follow. The door opened and the guard whom guarded Her children ran in [colour=#ADD8E6]"Commander Spitfire! The world is being torn apart!" [/colour]He shouted. Spitfire nodded [colour=#FFD700]"As though i didnt know! Listen to me, I need you to find a safe place for Vel and Flash! Find a bunker or shelter! Anything at all!" [/colour]She commanded.

She looked to Vel and Flash, She knew they would object 100 percent to this. She knelt down, [colour=#FFD700]"You two Will be fine i promise, Whatever happens, stay with the guard. Dont leave his side do you understand? We will be back for you i promise!" [/colour]She said to Them. She hugged them both, [colour=#FFD700]"You two make me so proud, you make us so proud. We couldnt ask for better children in the world. I need you to be brave, Dont look back and keep running with the guard. I love you." [/colour]She said to them as she released Them. She had tears rolling down her cheeks. She Smiled to them before nodding to The guard. The guard saluted and led Vel and Flash away.

Spitfire watched them before she ran after Horizon. They rounded the corner and burst out of the exit. The Skies were red with fire and smoke. The shield Crackled and popped under the extreme heat, and it wasnt the main Blast. The Rocks from mt Xelon Fell against the shield, each hit Caused the shield to shake and flare. It wouldnt hold long.

Spitfire heard over the comms around the base, The world around the shield was dissapearing. Yells of help cried over the radio frequencies as Xelon Erupted. One by one the coms went dark, Spitfire grunted at the losses they were sustaining. Evac raptors flew into the shield badly damaged from the Outside land. One of such Exploaded losing its main engine. It fell Into the grounds below.

Horizon nudged Spitfire, [colour=#008000]"Lets get a move on! We need to Get to the Beacon! Time might be there along with shimmer!" [/colour]He shouted as he ran for The edge of the landing strip. The world rocked again as more torrents took hold.

Then a loud Screeching noise screamed through the air. Spitfire covered her ears trying to shield them. She opened her eyes to see A large rock had torn through the shield. She Saw it plummet straight for them. She Shot off into Carmus to get them out of the way. The rock hit the land mass causing it To Shift and crumble. They rolled on the ground, everything flashed white for a few moments before Spitfire's Gaze regained. She gazed around to See the land that the Academy once stood on was Cut down to little more than a small island. She looked to see Horizon laying a short distance away. Spitfire Cried out in dismay As she ran to the Raptor. [colour=#FFD700]"Oh my stars! Horizon!" [/colour]She Cried. She rolled him onto his back, He looked up at her. He was in poor shape. Spitfire tried to Do something, anything. She looked helplessly at her friend as he looked back up at her. [colour=#008000]"G.....Ge.....Get to the beacon....Save......." [/colour]He choked. His gaze lulled off and stared into the burning skies above. Spitfire Cried out in Sadness. Horizon was gone.

Shimmer had instantly entered a soldier's mindset at the first tremor. While Time spoke with Deity within his mind, she turned and shouted various orders at the guards who were standing by, before turning and facing her husband, standing over their daughters.

At his order to get to the core, she didn't question, merely nodded and nudged Seeker and Silver Chain in that direction, [colour=#696969]"Stick close to your father and I! Let's go!"[/colour]

[colour=#000000]--[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Carmus had followed Spitfire through the building. [/colour]

[colour=#000000]When they found their sons, and she stopped, giving the guard his orders and the two colts a farewell.[/colour]

[colour=#000000]The two young ones were trying their best, but couldn't hold back their tears. They nodded, when she told them be brave, [/colour][colour=#ffa500]"We will, mum.."[/colour]

Flash said, his head buried in his mother's arms. Vel looked to Carmus, who nodded, giving them a smile, [colour=#b22222]"Be strong you two. We'll get through this."[/colour]

He turned his attention to the guard. While it wasn't fully obvious, the Commander was holding back tears. Something he'd had to do far to often, [colour=#b22222]"You heard Commander Spitfire! Get them to safety! Get them... Get them to the core! I don't know why, just.. Do it! Go!!"[/colour]

Carmus gave one last smile to his sons, unsure if they could still hear him, [colour=#b22222]"I love you, boys. We'll see you again."[/colour]

[colour=#000000]He turned to Spitfire and nodded, and they set off again, in search of Horizon. [/colour]

[colour=#000000]Carmus had been about to follow him when the world shook, and he stumbled slightly. He winced at the screeching noise, using his body to shield Spitfire's, despite the futility of such an action. He was taken by surprise by a sudden weight, Spitfire's, as she hammered into him, a large rock hitting the ground where they once stood. [/colour]

[colour=#000000]Carmus' own vision had been blurred by when Spitfire was dazed, but it passed quickly. He stood, and felt a shot of sadness come from his wife, followed shortly by her cry. Horizon was down. Carmus trotted swiftly over to stand by him with Spitfire.[/colour]

[colour=#000000]But there was nothing to be done. Horizon had passed, the simple request to get to the beacon trailing off.[/colour]

[colour=#B22222]"In peace may you walk, and enter into the gilded halls of Caelum."[/colour]

The Sentinel whispered as he placed a hoof on his wife's shoulder, trying to keep from letting his own sadness mix with her's. In that state, they'd be useless, [colour=#b22222]"Spitfire, we have to go. You heard Horizon! We have to get to the core, and we can't do that if we stand here! There'll be time for mourning later!"[/colour]

Time rand alongside his wife and daughters to the core. He looked back at their frightened faces. Maybe if he had done a better job protecting the world, then it wouldn't end like this. As they approached the cracked core, Time couldn't help but wince at what he had to do. [colour=#696969]"Silver, I need you to charge up a time spell, Seeker stand next to your sister."[/colour]

[colour=#40E0D0]"Dad...what's happening?"[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Time didn't look at his daughters, a tear streamed down his cheek as he said the next phrase. [/colour][colour=#696969]"You girls are gonna save the world. Just like your mother and I."[/colour]

[colour=#008000]"We know your lying dad, what's happening."[/colour]

[colour=#696969]"I'm going to send you two back in time, hopefully along with your cousins. You girls are going to find Auntie Blitz and and tell her about what's happening. Then she'll know what to do from there."[/colour]

[colour=#40E0D0]"What will happen to you guys?"[/colour]

[colour=#696969]"I...don't know." [/colour][colour=#000000]He said with a sad expression on his face. The girls got into place and Time held his wife's hoof tightly. All they had to do was wait.[/colour]

Spitfire let her tears fall from her, she had gotten to know him so well. The Kids had considered him part of the family, they had all gone to dinner a few times, they had So many memories. He was a great friend to her. The world Shook again as the Flames Scrapped at the Shield. She peered back to Carmus as his hoof landed on her shoulder. She stared at him for a few moments before Letting more tears fall. She nodded to him when they said they needed to go. She let out a shakey sigh before she closed Horizon's eyes. [colour=#FFD700]"G....Goodbye.....Horizon...." [/colour]She said in a sad tone. She got up trotting to the edge, Rocks and debris fell through the shield. They plummeted down burning as they went. They struck the ground making a artillery like sound. She Watched as her world Fell apart. [colour=#FFD700]"Lets go. Cant waste anymore time." [/colour]She spoke. They took off from the land, Flying past falling Boulders and Explostions. She shot downwards to The Beacon Core. She needed to think of something to Stop all of this.

Just then a weight hit her in the back. She cried out as she plummeted to the ground below. She hit the ground with a loud Thump. She rolled on the ground Gritting her teeth. She Struggled to her hooves looking to see what hit her. A Large Piece of What seemed to Be a tower had Grazed her. It lay not far away, it was larger than She. She looked off in the distance. Canterlot was in flames. The exact image she saw when she was ressurected. Towers fell, It seemed like history was repeating itself. She Felt pain in her right Front Foreleg. She looked to see it Sprained. Carmus was going to feel that as well. She looked up to Him [colour=#FFD700]"I think im alright! We need to Go" [/colour]She yelled. She started at a limping pace to the beacon.

[colour=#696969]"Spitifire hurry!" [/colour][colour=#000000]Time called as his ethereal armor flashed onto him. The world was lit on fire or so it seemed. His horn started to glow as he readied himself for the spell, the spirit of Deity stood next to him and also had his horn lit.[/colour]

(geez, another two day gap.)

Carmus did feel the sprain, but he ignored it, for the most part. Being in a high end military division most of your life allows you to ignore most pain, both physical and psychological, until the trouble has passed.

Picking himself off the ground, having been torn from the sky by the sudden pain he'd felt when Spitfire was hit, Carmus flew himself over to her, wrapping his forelegs around her as best he could, and lifted her, flying them both towards the core at a quick pace. Despite the situation, he chuckled, whether in true amusement or simple cynicism was unclear, [colour=#b22222]"Just like the time we met, eh?"[/colour]

Spitfire felt Carmus pick her up. She leaned slightly on him supporting him at the same time. The shield above flashed left and right as it faultered more and more.[colour=#FFD700] "Y.....yea.....Kinda does huh?" [/colour]She responded to Carmus She heard Time spinner yell from a long distance away. (Gonna say the beacon is in Canterlot ya?) Due to the connection between them all had grown stronger she could hear time if he shouted hard enough.

Spitfire flapped her wings flying up to the City. She landed looking around at the destroyed Metotropolis in Dissbelief. Large debris rained from the Towers above. She glanced to Carmus and ran forward through the Crumbling passageways. they were not far now.