The Academy Chapter 3 Daylight's End

Dabom444

Arc glanced around the place again. He just wanted to check his surroundings. Though he had done this several times he felt that it calmed him down. But now he was beginning to get impatient. He was not about to talk back to his superior but he was afraid for Flashbomb's life now. Arc looked back to the Overseer and spoke to him in a hurried tone. "Well go build one sir! I believe I can perform the operation but I want to bionic limb as well! Hurry!". He gave an eager smile to the Overseer.

The overseer raised an eyebrow at Arc, He felt slightly uneasy at his total eagerness but he supposed it was better than him Not doing the surgery. He Trotted away to the Convoy [colour=#A9A9A9]"Alright i need 4 servos 2 pistons and a couple Gyros. And a magic emmiter." [/colour]He said to the Medic whom was orginizing the Supplies. He looked over to the Overseer, [colour=#FF8C00]"What are you doing sir?" [/colour]He asked. The overseer chuckled [colour=#A9A9A9]"Making a leg lad." [/colour]He said with a smile. The medic looked at him questionably [colour=#FF8C00]"You do know that the chances of that pegasus over there getting used to this leg are slim. Are you sure its not better to end his misery. He is just a soldier after all." [/colour]He said. The overseer growled [colour=#A9A9A9]"You watch your tounge Medic......Never do we ever "put a pony down" If there is a chance he could be saved."[/colour]He said. The medic flinched and handed all the parts to him. The overseer Started his work, He grabbed a toothpick and put it in his mouth to chew on. He Connected Servos to The pistons with reletive ease. He wired together the Magic emmitter to the Metal bindings and As well Assembled everything to the shoulder component. He had Found a piece of Flashbomb"s armor that had the number 444.(le smile) He picked up the piece of blue tinted material and smiled. He took a sodder welder and sealed it onto the Leg, He figured it would provide protection to the components as well as a decorative piece. He checked to make sure that the Leg was fully functional and nodded at his handywork. He trotted over with the limb in his mouth, He placed it on the table next to Flashbomb. [colour=#A9A9A9]"Here you go, like all bionic legs thoygh it needs magic to complete the connection to the brain so he can use it."[/colour]He said pointing to the emmiter.

"Rainbow Dash, relax, it's ok, It's just Soarin" he said to her quickly as he pelted across the room, "Look there is no time to explain all of this, we have to get you out!" he said as he weaved in and out of the debris and looked at her real quick then back, "But...I'm glad your alive" he said warmly. He rounded a corner, "Stallion, there!" he pointed to a large wall that had been destroyed, he looked up to see a bit of debris making its way down to block it, "Window of opportunity is leaving, time to bolt!" he said getting into a slight crouch before bolting off toward the gap making it out and spreading his wings and turning around, "Come on!"

Carmus sighed, calming himself as he inspected the rubble, calling back to her, [colour=#b22222]"I know... And I'm sorry. This is really all my fault. Just.. stay calm, Spitfire. I promise, I'm going to get you out of here..." [/colour][colour=#000000]He chuckles, quietly and mirthlessly, [/colour][colour=#b22222]"And I never make a girl a promise I can't keep."[/colour]

[colour=#000000]He tapped the rubble, [/colour][colour=#b22222]"I could blow it away... but that'd be the final nail in the coffin for this place. Celestia... how am I going to get her out of this...?"[/colour]

Carmus began charging his armor from the power gems. The energy arced over the steel carapace as he stepped towards the wall of debris, placing a hoof on it and feeling it sink into it slightly. A small smile appeared on his face as he forced his way slowly through the rubble.

Stepping through the hole he'd made, his armor smoking slightly, Carmus took in the scene with a single glance. Spitfire's leg was impaled on a piece of broken steel, which was lightly coated with liquid sunlight, and was causing her immense pain. He cringed on the inside, and took off his helmet. His armor was shot, having used up all the power from his spare gems to generate enough energy to burn through the wall. Carmus stepped towards her, unaware of a puddle of the burning element directly in front of his left foreleg. It sank through up to the joint, and he cried out in alarm, looking at his limb. It was still there, but the steel had melted and fused itself to his leg. The pain went away as quickly as it had come, his adrenaline kicking in. He bolted over to Spitfire, glancing her leg and then looking her in the eyes, [colour=#b22222]"This is going to hurt, a whole lot more than it does now..." [/colour][colour=#000000]He put his fore legs on either side of the piece of metal, behind her leg, [/colour][colour=#b22222]"I'm going to pull forward quickly, and cleanly, be ready..."[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Carmus[/colour][colour=#000000] waited till she braced herself before going through with what he'd said, pulling her injured limb off of the broken steel with one quick movement. Without wasting any time, he wrapped both forelegs tightly around her and bolted out of the room through the hole he'd made, carrying Spitfire with him as he made his way towards the nearest possible exit, his mind working quickly aided by the adrenaline coursing through his system. [/colour]

(OOC: His armor that is fused to his leg ends just below his elbow, to put it into human terms.)

~*~

Shrike dodged to the side as the makeshift battering ram came crashing through the debris. He swooped down till he was an inch from the floor, [colour=#40e0d0]"Good thinking..."[/colour]

[colour=#000000]He glanced down the hallway, [/colour][colour=#40e0d0]"And lets get out quickly!"[/colour]

~*~

Sage watched in silence as Whisper bid one last farewell to Gust, before walking back over to her. The Trottish mare nodded, [colour=#006400]"Stick close, and try not to get separated. We'll get out of here."[/colour]

[colour=#000000]She turned and began to make her way out of the room, beckoning for Whisper to follow her.[/colour]

~*~

[colour=#cccccc]"I'm Barrager Alkaline, a Sky Raptor! You're being carried by Soarin'. The Academy is coming down all around us, hence the running and such, and you're asking a bunch of questions because you're panicking," [/colour][colour=#000000]He dodged to the side as a bit of the ceiling fell.[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Soarin' had explained to her as well, but Alkaline figured he might as well say it himself. Soarin' pointed out the exit, as well as a large piece of rubble about to block it. Soarin' dashed forward, making his way out and wheeling around to face him, shouting for him to come. Alkaline put in a burst of speed, lifting himself into the air and focusing the energy coursing through his armor in the ends of his armored hooves. He rocketed out in a blur of colour, skidding to a stop, the energy in his hooves digging furrows into the cloud beneath him. Alkaline looked back at the Academy as it began continued to crumble, whispering to himself, [/colour][colour=#cccccc]"Come on guys... You can make it out of there. Come on..!"[/colour]

Arc smiled at the new limb. He took it and levitated it over near the table where Flashbomb was. He figured he would need it close and all. Arc looked over at the Overseer. "Well guess it's time to start." He chuckled nervously and then took a deep breath and levitated a saw and a few other tools over to him. He picked up a cutting tool and sighed. He knew that Flashbomb was out so the pain would be subsided for him. Well...he was sure that Flashbomb was already in a tragic amount of pain so if he did wake up and he did feel him cutting the leg then it would feel like a paper cut compared to his other wounds. But then again..paper cuts hurt like hay.

Arc took the cutting tool and moved it closer to Flash's foreleg. He gauged the right area he would need to cut and connect the bionic leg. He would still need a muscle or two..maybe.

He then moved to tool down to the leg and proceeded to cut. The leg itself was in horrible shape and the blood loss was rather low. Arc figured this pony had already lost a large amount of blood. Oh well..less of a mess for them to clean up.

Just then Arc finished cutting. He figured he should be grossed out by this but he needed to save a life. Arc removed the old leg and saw a few things he need to connect. He then levitated over the bionic leg and gave the Overseer a quick glance. He then moved leg so it was facing the right way and placed it down so he could see it properly. He placed it next to Flash's mutilated body and judged where he thought the leg would go. The leg was a perfect fit!

Arc turned to the Overseer and said, [colour=#daa520]"You said this thing runs off of magic correct? Well to get it to work?"[/colour] He just assumed he was correct. So Arc proceeded to connect the leg with Flashbomb. It was a messy process but eventually he got it on there and he got it secured. He just hoped that it wouldn't fall off anytime soon. He was sure it was secure though.

So then Arc charged up a small charging spell and zapped the leg with it. The leg sparked a bit and Arc looked away and covered his eyes. Arc looked over to the Overseer and smiled.[colour=#daa520] "Welp! I hope that works! We won't know until he wakes up...well if he wakes up."[/colour] Arc kept his half smile on the Overseer. He was proud of what he did...he just hoped what he did was the right thing to do.

Spitfire Had yelped in pain as her Leg was freed from the metal piece. Her muscle burned with the sunray fluid still Burning it. She had smiled when she was freed and Carmus had began to carry her. [colour=#FFD700]"You saved.....my life Carmus.....thank you.."[/colour]She said through the pain. The building began to give out one last cry as the main supports began to fall. The hallway began to Invert itself sending Rubble and items alike sliding twoards The tipping end.

Argon Nodded and followed Shrike through the Narrow Corridors to find an exit. It seemed like they were running out of options and soon they would be buried alive if they didnt move quick enough. They only had one route to escape now, A vent that led to the Main entrance hall. Argon Grunted in frustration, He looked at Shrike whom seemed Unsure. [colour=#008000]"Well what are you Waiting for young one! Get goin!" [/colour]He yelled as he shoved him in. He crawled in after him and heard the Room they were in Fall apart. The vent vibrated with The last Cries of the building.[colour=#008000]"Crawl faster Military Colt! Unless you want to become pony in a can!"[/colour]

Whisper followed Sagebrush in silence. The going was pretty easy and their path seemed clear. Whisper stopped Suddenly and her ear twitched with a unheard sound. [colour=#EE82EE]"Sage wait.....I hear somepony...." [/colour]She said. Her talent was the Ability to pick up very faint noises that others couldnt hear. She stood still and listened through all the sounds around her. [colour=#EE82EE]"My friend Lusk is in trouble! He has 2 others with her! They are just down this hall, Please i already lost Gust i dont want to lose them too!"[/colour]

Rainbow dash's mind raced hard. She couldnt piece together what was happening. Soarin Had a darker Essence about him and this pony.....Alkaline had Been here, why was all of this happening? She Looked at Cloudsdale and her heart sank, It was shrouded in the dark light of the moon but it burned and Flared with destruction. She looked back to The Academy and watched as it began to slowly fall off of the edge of the floating Platform. A anger came about her as her Loyalties Screamed at her. [colour=#00FFFF]"Who the Tarterus did this!? Who destroyed Cloudsdale!? Who Destroyed The Academy!? Who would be so evil to destroy all of it!? Whoever did this is gonna get a lick of my mind! Soarin what happened to you!? Why do you feel as though you are hallow!? Who did this to you!?" [/colour]She demanded. Her mind raced, she wanted to Lash out at whoever Did all of it. She wanted to charge headlong into The void itself if it meant her being able to Hurt whomever caused all of this. She looked off on the horizon and saw Ponyville in flames as well. Then her heart stopped, a sadness overtook her. She had tears beggining to stream down her face. [colour=#00FFFF]"Its all gone.....All of it gone......Spitfire, Cloud dasher.....My friends..... Its all gone." [/colour]She muttered. She Tried to stop herself from braking down but couldnt, she Hugged Soarin and continued to cry.

Flashbomb's wounds had begun to Mend with the Help of another medic whom casted a serinity spell upon him. He had finished and bowed to The overseer. He nodded to him and looked at Arc, he grinned very Widely at him And patted him on the shoulder.[colour=#A9A9A9]"You did very, very well Arc... Consider yourself promoted. This is the 4th Bionic leg put in use that i know of and i have gotta say i wouldnt have done any better. Now we wait for him to wake, And see if he can use it properly." [/colour]He said taking a seat next to Arc. He sighed and looked around at the once proud city that was now brought to ruin. [colour=#A9A9A9]"It is a shame, years of pride, years of work and it all was taken in one night. Im sure we can rebound but it will be a tough Journey." [/colour]He said.

(Changeling time)

A changeling after a couple moments of Hard searching with his Comrades had Given up. There was not a single bit of love, it was all gone and what was left was Anger and dispair. He flew to his queen and bowed. "Your Highness there is no love here! Its all gone dry!" He said to Chrysalis. He kept his gaze low and waited for her responce.

Arc was sitting next to the Overseer and he was watching Flashbomb. He had no idea how long it would take him to wake up..but he was anxious to see him wake. The Overseer said that he had only seen 4 bionic limbs in play before...does this mean that Arc is the fourth? Or Fifth? Pony to apply a bionic limb to another pony in all of Equestria? It made him happy when he thought about that.

As they sat their Arc realized that nothing would really be the same. Arc looked at the Overseer. [colour=#daa520]"I'm just sad that we couldn't be there to save more of them you know?" [/colour]Arc looked down at the floor.[colour=#daa520] "What are we going to do Overseer? Like when the fighting is all over?" [/colour]

She gentlely patted him on the head, "Yes, I see," she then flew a bit higher and yelled out, "CHANGLINGS HALT THE ATTACK AND AWAIT MY ORDERS," she barked asshe turned back to where the darkness clouded in the corner and flew over, "What is this foolish trickery!" she spat at it, "My family says there is no love! You promised me enough love to feed us for many years to come!" she growled as she narrowed her eyes, "This may last 1 year!"

~~~~~

Soarin released the small bit of magic that Held Rainbow Dash lightly to him and looked at her, "Rainbow Dash, relax, I saw Spitfire She was fine, I'm sure she is just helping some oter survivors escape," he said comfortingly, "And sorry if I seem off, I..it's just a lot on me," he closed his eyes and looked away, "I thought I lost you,"

Carmus smiled slightly, but kept facing forward, [colour=#b22222]"Promised you I would... I'm not letting you die here." [/colour][colour=#000000]He said slowly[/colour].

He stayed airborne as the hallway began tilting. Carmus glanced around him, then at the pouch with the breaching charges, then at the ceiling, before looking where he was going, formulating a plan to himself, [colour=#b22222]"We should be right below the roof of the building... If we can break through it, we'd be free. But is blasting through it worth the risk?" [/colour]

[colour=#000000]He sighed slightly, dodging a piece of rubble as if fell. He wrapped his forelegs around Spitfire a little tighter, making sure she was still secure as he continued to speak with himself, partially unaware that it is out-loud, [/colour][colour=#b22222]"If I can find a window, I could probably break through it without much damage to her if I use my back as the battering ram... Or if I hit the oncoming wall with enough force, should have the same effect."[/colour]

Carmus began to fly for the back wall of the hallway, keeping his calm and determined expression as his eyes continued to search for an easy escape route.

~*~

[colour=#40e0d0]"I'm wearing armor, I'm already in a can!"[/colour][colour=#000000] Shrike shot as he crawled forward at an increased rate of speed.[/colour]

~*~

Sagebrush took a second to run over their options before nodding with a slightly smile, [colour=#006400]"First thing they teach you in Medical Training: If you have the option to save somepony, never leave it. Lead the way."[/colour]

[colour=#000000]~*~[/colour]

Alkaline bit his cheek. It was the Shadowbolts that had sent the Academy to its last legs, but it was his Captain that had sent it into its death throws. He figured Carmus had accepted this, and would take anything Rainbow gave him in stoic silence, [colour=#cccccc]"That's just Sentinel Honor I suppose."[/colour]

Alkaline thought to himself, watching the Academy.

Dawn looked at Twilight. [colour=#40e0d0]"I'll distract her myself." [/colour][colour=#000000]Dawn took off into the air, and kicked Lyria back, knocking her into the ground. Lyria growled, and shot back up at her, knocking Dawn out of sight.

Lyria turned towards the group of ponies. [/colour][colour=#800080]"Now listen here My Little Ponies, the night shall last forever, and you. Can't. STOP ME!!"[/colour]

The changeling horde stoodby and Watched as their queen Cofronted the Shadows swarming around Canterlot.

The shadows mearly stopped and stared with dark red eyes at Crysalis They laughed in a low tone and multiple voices echoed around her. [colour=#FF0000]"Foolish Queen, You believed that there would be love here after all this? No......there is no love, Lyria will suceed in her quest to Banish Luna. She will become the new queen of the night and you and your changelings will become slaves to the night. There is No stopping it now." [/colour]It breathed. The changelings all hissed and growled at the shadows, they had been fooled!

Spitfire gritted her teeth with the throbbing pain in her leg. She Watched as Carmus tried to find an escape route. Their chances of Escaping were slimming down. She heard a rumbling as a large barrel of an unknown element rolled twoards them. Spitfire cursed under her breath and kicked off of the wall pushing Both her and Carmus away from the barrel. She sighed[colour=#FFD700]"That was close." [/colour]She said.

Argon followed Shrike through the cramped space, [colour=#008000]"Well complainin aint gonna help us now! Just keep...." [/colour]He said to him and just then the vent let loose further down the way and fell. It landed and they slid down it [colour=#008000]"Ah horsefeathers!" [/colour]He shouted as they rolled out of the vent and landed With Shrike on him. [colour=#008000]"Get off me please!" [/colour]He yelled and got up. He Looked to see the exit just 60 meters away, everything was falling apart now and Caused a feeling of Haste. [colour=#008000]"COME ON YOU LOONY! WERE GOING TO BE CRUSHED IN ERE!" [/colour]He shouted as he grabbed Shrike's Tail and Flew hard for the exit.

Whisper bobbed and weaved through the Ruins as they crumbled. She came to a doorway and put her ear to it. She heard her friends just beyond it and tried to open the door. It would not budge, [colour=#EE82EE]"SageBrush Give me a hoof!" [/colour]She asked in a quick polite tone.

Rainbow dash Listened to Soarin and nodded, [colour=#00FFFF]"Well whomever started this will pay!" [/colour]She said as she hugged him tighter. He then spoke again. "I thought i lost you." Rainbow dash's eyes opened and she looked up to him [colour=#00FFFF]"Im sorry Soarin, i thought you were here after you dissapeared. i looked for you and tried to find you but i couldnt." [/colour]

The overseer sighed [colour=#A9A9A9]"I dont know, we might just be put on standby. Or i might just retire, for the rest of the ponies i dont know. It will never be the same i can tell you that much." [/colour]He said. He then looked at Arc [colour=#A9A9A9]"And please call me Deus. im tired of being called by my tittle." [/colour]He said. He heard Flashbomb begin to wake up behind him but decided to let him get up at his own pace.

Arc agreed with..Deus completely. His life would never be the same and neither would any ponies. All of Equestria would never be the same. He was going to have to get used to this new world.

Just then Arc noticed that Flashbomb started to wake up and stir a little. He noticed that the Overseer saw it as well. He prepared himself to jump up and help but the Overseer remained seated.

Arc stayed put as well. [colour=#daa520]"Deus huh? Wow that feels strange."[/colour] He laughed a bit. [colour=#daa520]"I really hope he is ok. I mean I hate to keep bringing him up..but I just hope so." [/colour]Arc wasn't going to be the first to say he hadn't save a lot of ponies in his days as a medic. He had save his fair share..but not it seemed that every life was even more precious than it had been.

Carmus blinked hard, his mind actively racing to think of a way out. He felt Spitfire kick off the wall and opened his eyes as the barrel went rolling past. He nodded in agreement, "Yeah..."

He looked towards the end of the hall, and began formulating a plan once more as he made his way towards it, "Spitfire... The wall at the end of this hall leads directly outside, correct? If we were to stick a breaching charge onto it, or at least let it detonate near it, we should be able to bust through and get out of here..." He sighed slightly, "I'm hesitant on using those again, though I probably won't matter much anymore," He gave a short chuckle, a sadness evident behind it, "I've caused this much damage already."

Carmus dodged as another offending object went falling past them. They were quickly running out of options.

~*~

Shrike was about to give a snarky reply to Argon when the vent gave way and they fell out, Shrike ending up on top of the Doctor, who promptly shoved him off and stood. Shrike hovered as he was pushed off, glancing around him. He had been about to make a comment about leaving when Argon grabbed him by his tale and dragged him along as he flew towards the exit. Shrike shouted, "Hey, Doc! I can fly myself--! Ah forget it.."

~*~

Sagebrush followed Whisper closely a she led the way towards her trapped friends. She stopped at a door, saying they were just beyond it. Whisper tried the door, but it wouldn't move. Whisper asked Sage for help, and she quickly obliged, pushing her gently aside and turning her hind legs towards the door, giving it two solid bucks, causing it to crack down the center. For a mare of Sage's slim figure, she was deceptively strong. The Trottish mare beckoned towards the door, "There you are, one less door to worry about."

~*~

Alkaline lifted himself into the air and flew towards the Academy slightly. He didn't feel awkward standing around with the romantic implications between the two behind him... Ok, maybe a little, but whatever. He wanted desperately to fly in and try and help the rest of them out, but it was undoable. He couldn't risk distracting them by contacting them, and without doing that he didn't know where they were. He gave a frustrated sigh.

Soarin smiled at her warmly and heard the scream, the ear splitting scream of his mother, of Queen Chrysalis!

Chrysalis's eyes glared pink and her body was covered in a pink aura, "That's what you think, but I realized that one thing could stop even the most powerful darkness..." she glared and grinned, "love!" she screamed out as a large sphere blasted out of her pushing all the darkness and dark creatures back to one side and the allies and protectors to the other, with the changlings in the middle with Chrysalis under them. A large pink barrier appeared behind her that stopped anyone except changling from passing through it. She looked to her hive, "My hive, we were tricked and fooled, and it is time we return to what we used to be," she glared at the darkness, "The darkness's betrayal has lifted the curse on us, we are free!" she yelled out and soon the hive rushed at the barrier and as they passed through they became normal ponies, mostly pegasus or Unicorn, of various colour and all with Cutie marks. Chrysalis glared once more at the Darkness before turning to go through the barrier, "Thank you for freeing me!" she said and jumped through. Upon landing on the other side, the barrier broke, and soon Chrysalis appeared a normal Alicorn, her pelt was pink, lovely smooth, soft, and flowing. She had perfect sapphire crystal eyes and her mane and tail were lime green with some pine green highlights. She appears much like Cadence in form but a bit taller and slender, and her Cutie Mark is the same as Cadence's but with wings folded over the lovely crystal heart.

Soarin's magic folding Rainbow Dash was broken as he turned to a normal pegasus, but her hugging him held her close to him.

Twilight watched in horror as Dawn was dispatched, She cried out for her only to be knocked back by a barrier of sorts.

The Shadowbolts were knocked back by the barrier and the shadow warriors screamed in Agony and rage. They writhed to get free but the barrier held true. Shining armor Glared over at the Shadowbolts trying to find away to shoot atleast a spell at them but to no avail. Chrysalis and her changeling horde had Reverted to their True forms and Twilight watched in amazement. She watched as Chrysalis turned into a form most like Cadence but taller and more slender. She heard a battle raged cry from the other end, it was Thunder Swift and his eyes burned with hatred. [colour=#FF0000]"This plan is going to Cud! And its all because our masters dont know how to pick a suitable host for a Main Incarnate for us all! If i was redeemed if i was made the One to lead us once more and i was chosen to Be the pinnacle of darkness instead of this weak minded fool! (lyria) Im tired of this! It ends now!" [/colour]He screamed as he struggled free of the barrier and Hit it with intense rage. The shadows hit the barrier along with him and it faultered. It fell allowing the Shadowbolts to Attack the royal guard once more. It was a Revolution among war. Few loyal to Lyria had fell back to protect her as the forces that joined Thunder swift attacked with intense hate. The redeemed (changelings but no more) Had joined Shining armor's forces and fought back against the tide of Shadow warriors. It was now a stalemate and a gruesome one at that. Shining armor screamed into his comm just before it got broken by a strike from a shadowbolt. [colour=#008080]"ALKALINE I NEED RAINBOW DASH NOW!" [/colour]He shouted as it was hit from his ear. He Activated his magic one more time summoning a sword and Sheild. [colour=#008080]"If we are to fall it will be for a good cause! FOR EQUESTRIA!" [/colour]He shouted as he shot forward into the chaos before him. Twilight continued to Protect luna the best to her abilities. She shot spells left and right trying to hit only enemies. Luna was still unconcious.

Spitfire heard a Sound come from behind them She looked to see that Doctor Argon had Arrived dragging a Raptor along with him. She smiled [colour=#FFD700]"Im glad you made it. i see you made a friend!" [/colour]She anounced her pleasure. Argon grunted through A mouthfull of Tail [colour=#008000]"Ah gots to Be kind to mah Young ones." [/colour]He said. Spitfire giggled [colour=#FFD700]"Dont talk with your mouth full Argon." [/colour]She said. She looked up to Carmus, [colour=#FFD700]"Yes this does but one more charge might doom us....its a 60 40 chance and its quite against us i would say. Like our chances were any good to start with but what the hay." [/colour]She said in a mello dramatic tone. The building had now inverted and more objects fell. Spitfire kept her focus on Dodging the Objects by kicking off of walls and such to Move Carmus left and right to dodge them. [colour=#FFD700]"Carmus i know this is romantic and all about to be crushed to death and all but could we please get out of here?" [/colour]She asked. Argon nodded. [colour=#008000]"We nee to ge out of ere!" [/colour]He said with his language still muffled by Shrike's tail. He felt him flailing as he flew in place. He looked down at him. He let him go and smiled [colour=#008000]"ah just wuz avin a little fun there lad. dont get yer Muzzle in a bunch..." [/colour]He said. He looked up to see A barrel tumbling down twoard them. He grabbed Shrike and moved him ever so slightly so he wouldnt get hurt. [colour=#008000]"Ye owe me a drink son. Nice Apple cider." [/colour]He said patting him on the back.

Whisper watched Sage break down the dor with ease. The building and begun to tilt and it made Her panic slightly. She flew in and saw her 3 friends all Huddled on the floor around Lusk. His wing seemed broken as well as his leg. Whisper trotted over and Helped him up. [colour=#b22222]"Oh thank Celestia your here Whisper! Where is gust?" [/colour]Lusk asked. Whisper shook her head and continued to help Lusk to the doorway. She allowed Sage to help if she so wished. A Stallion whom was one of the 2 with Lusk looked at Sagebrush[colour=#0000FF]"Who the Tarterus are you!?" [/colour]He asked. Whisper groaned [colour=#ee82ee]"Her name is Sagebrush, lets just say she is a good friend of mine and i would apreciate it if you followed us, Or you could stay here Rocket." [/colour]She said defending Sage from the Headstrong pegasus. He glared at Whisper but followed anyway. The 3rd pony only glanced at her. She smiled slightly and nodded [colour=#FFA500]"Hi sage.....Nice to meet you...." [/colour]She said in a very shy quiet tone. She followed her friends out the door as they made their way to escape.

Rainbow dash watched as Soarin took his true form. She couldnt help but Hug him more. [colour=#00FFFF]"Soarin! Your back to normal!" [/colour]She squeaked. She released the hug and Nuzzled him. She was going to say more but she heard Alkaline's Comm go off. [colour=#008080]"ALKALINE I NEED RAINBOW DASH NOW!" [/colour]It was Shining armor. the comm crakled and dissconected. She trotted over to him [colour=#00FFFF]"Was that Shining armor? Where is he? What does he need me for?" [/colour]She asked him. Just as she did though the Academy Screached yet again this time Buckling and Cracking only to collapse some more. Rainbow dash bit her lip and stared at it. She was unsure if she should help them escape.

Soarin looked back, "I fear there is nothing more we can do," He closed his eyes, and now that RD was able to fly on her own, hugged her gently back, "Listen to me, if Spitfire doesn't make it, will she have wanted us to sit here and just wait for this building to collapse?" he shook his head, "No, and you know that," He sighed, "Spitfire is as much a sister to me as she is to you, and you know I could never leave her this easily, but we have to, to save the rest of Equestria," he looked down toward Canterlot, "Come on RD," Soarin looked at her and held out his hoof, "Higher, Faster, Further, wonderbolts to the end" he looked at her.

Chrysalis knew the barrier was coming down and fell in along side Shining Armor, "I stand beside you, my brother in law!" she nodded and her pink magic flared up as she fought the shadowbolts beside him.

Carmus gave a slightly amused smile at the sight of Shrike dangling by his tail from Argon's mouth, waving his legs around in an attempt to get the stallion to drop him.

[colour=#FFD700]"Yes this does but one more charge might doom us....its a 60 40 chance and its quite against us i would say. Like our chances were any good to start with but what the hay." [/colour][colour=#000000]Spitfire responded to Carmus' musings[/colour]

She continued to aid him in dodging the objects by kicking off the walls, commenting wryly, [colour=#282828] [/colour][colour=#FFD700]"Carmus, I know this is romantic and all, about to be crushed to death and all, but could we please get out of here?"[/colour]

Argon added his own input with, [colour=#008000]"We nee to ge out of ere!" [/colour]before finally releasing the frustrated Sergeant and pulling him out of the way of debris, stating he owed him a drink for that, [colour=#40e0d0]"Yeah, sure, you can drink till you drop so long as you don't drag me again!" [/colour][colour=#000000]Shrike shouted, flicking his tail slightly[/colour].

[colour=#000000]Carmus nodded slightly at their comments, [/colour][colour=#b22222]"Hey, it's how my parents met," [/colour][colour=#000000]He says, somewhat distractedly,[/colour][colour=#b22222] "But they made it out of... Wait a minute, Shrike!! How many Energy charges do you have left?! I think I know how we're getting out of here!"[/colour]

[colour=#40E0D0]"I have more than I probably need, why?"[/colour]

[colour=#B22222]"I need you to use all of them at once-"[/colour]

[colour=#40E0D0]"WHAT?! Carmus, I know you're a little crazy, but that's just ridiculous!" [/colour][colour=#000000]Shrike yelled to him.[/colour]

[colour=#B22222]"It will work! Trust me on this. If you focus all the power from them into your armor, you can burn a decent sized hole through any wall you touch, that's how I got Spitfire out." [/colour][colour=#000000]Carmus said in a very calm tone.[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Shrike nodded slowly, figuring out what he was getting at, [/colour][colour=#40e0d0]"Overcharge my armor, fly ahead of the rest of you and bust through the wall at the end of this place?"[/colour]

[colour=#B22222]"Exactly what I'm saying!"[/colour]

[colour=#40E0D0]"This'd better work Carmus..." [/colour][colour=#000000]Shrike sighed and began to lead them towards the back wall, charging his armor just as Carmus had, flying directly for the wall.[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Carmus followed him, still holding Spitfire against his chest, whispering to himself that this was going to work, it had to work.[/colour]

~*~

Sage assisted Whisper in supporting Lusk, smiling wryly at Rocket and nodding to the other mare[colour=#006400], "Pleasure meeting all of you, but as much as I'd like to talk, I'd prefer to do it outside where we don't have to worry about getting crushed."[/colour]

She heard Carmus voice come through the comms, explaining something to Shrike, [colour=#B22222]"It will work! Trust me on this. If you focus all the power from them into your armor, you can burn a decent sized hole through any wall you touch, that's how I got Spitfire out.[/colour]"

[colour=#000000]He was probably unaware that his comm was turned on, but that didn't matter. Sagebrush smiled slightly, [/colour][colour=#006400]"Just might have a new escape route..." [/colour][colour=#000000]She said quietly to herself.[/colour]

~*~

Alkaline winced as Shining Armor's message blasted through his comm, [colour=#cccccc]"Yeah... I was supposed to take you to Canterlot. They'[/colour][colour=#CCCCCC]re in a tight spot and they kind of need the Elements. I'd nearly forgotten."[/colour]

[colour=#000000]He began to fly for the capitol city, [/colour][colour=#cccccc]"I don't want to leave them any more than you do, but we have to. Lets go!"[/colour]

Lyria growled, and fell back from the blast.

[colour=#ff0000]"So you think your so strong Thunder Swift?" [/colour][colour=#000000]The nightmares asked, leaving Lyria's now defenseless and broken body on the broken ground. [/colour][colour=#ff0000]"Go ahead. We give you one chance." [/colour][colour=#000000]The nightmares swarmed over him, turning him into the new leader of the shadows.[/colour]

Chrysalis grinned and began to burst through the horde, making her way swiftly and easily to Lyria's body, "Not sure who you are, but being as your an Alicorn and just being uncorrupted..." She glowed a little, "I'm gonna heal you"

Soarin' looked at RD, "Ready?" he asked her

"Oh sweetie, I know a thing or two about what happens when you get tempted by power," she said warmly, "I also know about corruption" she said simply as she slowly healed the mare, her passion magic flowed through the alicorn mare, to weed out and remove the last of the corruption.

Spitifre watched Shrike Start to burn through the wall. her jaw dropped as his armor sparked and popped as it Went through it as though it were butter. [colour=#ffd700]"Thats incredible!" [/colour]She said. She smiled at the thought of getting free of the building. Suddenly The main hall broke free of the strut and Started to freefall. The floor rose up and hit Carmus and spifire sending them tumbling through the air. Time slowed down for Spitfire as Adrenaline kicked in. She looke up and saw Carmus in a daze flipping Twoards a piece of Cloud Rebar. He would surely be impaled and killed if she didnt act now. She Put her hind hooves on a wall behind her and kicked off with all of her might. Her leg screamed at her but she Growled to Ease her mind. She Caught Carmus right before he hit The rebar spike. The Main Hall continued to freefall. She looked around and saw that Although Shrike suceeded in burning through the wall he was sent tubling back into the falling Wrechage. She Saw Argon flying for him and decided to Get Carmus out. [colour=#ffd700]"HOLD ON TIGHT CARMUS!" [/colour]She yelled to him. She unfirled her wings and calculated the moment to go. She shot forward holding onto Carmus. They barely squeezed through but Spitfire got Nicked on her side by a piece of rubble. She gritted her teeth and Flew up to the Ground that the Academy's main hall had once been.

Argon Had tumbled like the others but had managed to recover and Fly enough to Not be in total crysis. He watched Spitfire get Carmus out of a situation and She had taken off with him. He saw Shrike tumbling, hitting his head and Body on multiple parts of the hall. He shot forward and Grabbed him by the tail again. [colour=#008000]"Dun wowwy lad Ah got ya!" [/colour]He shouted through His tail. He Faultered slightly with the added weight and fought to keep upright. The Hole had spun around them making it very hard to pinpoint an exact time to escape. He heard a clanking, his eyes dialated as he saw a shippment crate with Barrels of unknown substances Game barreling at them. He Cursed under his breath and Spun around swinging Shrike like a ragdoll. He Took a guess at when to let go and Released him. Shrike had tumbled with great force and by sheer luck had made it through the hole. Argon was about to follow when the Barrels above him burst open, He looked up to see Liquid thunder coming right at him. [colour=#008000]"Cud...." [/colour]He breathed as he was Doused in the hazardous liquid. Ha bolt of energy Shot straight through him and His Nerve endings fried. His body siezed up and he fell tumbling with the main hall down to the ground. The structure hit and exploaded in a large cloud.

Whisper heard a large groan and the building rocked once more. The main hall had fallen and sent the wing that she and the others were in Spiraling away. The main support had swung the wing out and back into the land, It slammed against the side and began to Faulter. Whisper growled [colour=#EE82EE]"Sage do you got a plan or did it just go up in smoke?" [/colour]

Rainbow dash nodded solemnly and took Soarin's hoof. She flew with him twoard Canterlot. She saw Alkaline taking the lead and they followed him at a brisk pace. She didnt dare to look when she heard the Academy expload behind her.

Thunder swift Chuckled as the shadows took him. He felt great power take ahold of him and he Laughed even more menachally. The Shift in power had Put all shadowbolts and Shadows to his disposal. The shadowbolts eyes Glowed so bright red that it shone through their goggles. They had found newfound anger and had Fought so Ferociously that Many ponies fell to the onslaught. Shinging armor took blow after blow from the oncomers.

Flashbomb had awoken and groaned slightly. His body no longer ached but he had fatigue beyond belief. He used his left foreleg to pull himself off of the table. He put his hooves down to catch himself only to find himself on the ground. He Sputtered and looked at his right Foreleg, Why couldnt he feel it? His eyes snapped wide open when he saw the bionic Foreleg that had taken the place of his old one. [colour=#0000FF]"WHAT IN THE NAME OF CELESTIA HAPPENED TO MY LEG!?" [/colour]He shouted in alarm trying to grasp the moment.

"Now fight with us!" Chrysalis said and smiled, "By the way, I'm Princess Liesha, the royal sister of Passion," she said as she looked back to the fight and her body cloaked in pink as ahe rushed through, knocking away a few attackers on Shining Armor, "I'm here," she smiled at him with a curt nod before blasting away another shadowbolt.

Soarin nodded to RD and shivered as he heard the Academy's last screech before it exploded, he knew there were gonna be a lot of KIA. He shook his head and sped up with RD, "come on, I know you can go faster," he winked and sped up again

Lyria smiled, and shot up in the air. She took off down to Thunder Swift, and knocked him to the ground. [colour=#800080]"It's you and me. I. Will. WIN!!!" [/colour][colour=#000000]Lyria growled, and kicked him in the chest.

Dawn blinked a few times, and stood. She screamed, and fell back down. Her heart was racing, and her body wouldn't let her move. [/colour][colour=#40e0d0]"TWILIGHT!!!"[/colour][colour=#000000] She screamed, and whimpered. She tried to see what her body was caught on, and started to sob when she saw the trauma in her body.[/colour]