The Academy Chapter 3 Daylight's End

Dabom444

The two Faded and Finnaly dissapeared, The group watched as the two stones Fade. Then they were gone, no longer among them. Spitfire listened to Carmus Sing softly, A song that calmed her, soothed her. She wrapped her hooves around his as he held her from behind. She continued to let tears fall but smiled at knowing she got to say her goodbyes.

Horizon stared at the tombstones and finnaly joined in on the song. He sang it a little louder as did the others. They sung for a good long while, every Lyric flowing as though it were a river. The rain had stopped and it had began to clear up. A beam of sunlight Flowed down and into the land below. They continued to sing, their voices as one. A single Flower sprouted In the middle of the Graveyard, it was surrounded in a semi circle by the graves of Velocity's family. Their song began to die down and Then silence. The flower blew in the breeze, Horizon figured it was Dawn's doing. He smiled as a few tears fell. Two heroes were now at rest. Horizon took a deep breath and exhaled. [colour=#008000]"Their happy where they are....." [/colour]He said as he turned to the others. He smiled at them, they all having somepony. He nodded to the raptors who were assigned to him [colour=#008000]"Come on, we got more work to do."[/colour]He said to them as he trotted past Carmus, He placed his hoof on his shoulder. [colour=#008000]"And a memorial to build." [/colour]He said to Carmus. He continued on with his squad and flew into the skies above to work on repairs along with the Workers.

Spitfire looked up to Carmus and kissed him, They held it for a couple moments before they released. [colour=#FFD700]"Im gonna miss em, We should probably get some rest. Jet stream mentioned to me that we are having a Memorial dinner tonight." [/colour]She said as she trotted to the exit. She stood by and waited for him, Shimmer and time.

Rainbow dash Looked up to the skies as they cleared. A golden pillar of light had flowed to the ground in the distance. She smiled [colour=#00FFFF]"We should rest. The funeral took alot out of me."[/colour] She said as she kissed Him once more, the pink energy flowing into him. She released the kiss and smiled. She grabbed his hoof and began to pull him. [colour=#00FFFF]"Lets go."[/colour]

The song ended, as did the rain. Carmus smiled as the days of sunlight began to burst forth through the clouds. He nodded solemnly to Horizon as he passed. Carmus would have placed a hoof on his fellow Captain's shoulder (I am assuming Horizon is a Captain, I forget if mentioned that directly. If not, then congratulations Horizon, you've been promoted), had Spitfire not been holding them.

After Horizon and his Squad had left, he looked down to Spitfire, and she gave him a kiss that lasted for a decent period of time. She released him, stating that she would miss them, and that they should get some rest, Jet-Stream having told her about a memorial dinner that evening, "I'll miss them to," Carmus said, following her to the exit, "Come on then.. I think a nap sounds wonderful right now."

Shimmer stayed by the graves, hugging Time, for a few minutes more, before the Griffins began to fill them in. After they did, she released the unicorn and turned to leave, "Let's get going."

As the left and the Griffon soldiers shoveled the loose earth into the graves, the sky continued to clear, the sun's rays catching the water droplets on the leaves and blades of grass, causing the graveyard to gleam.

Soarin smiled at the kiss and nodded as he followed along with her and blushed suddenly, "Oh um about resting, " he looked to her, "Will we be sharing a bed now?" He asked her honestly and curiously, "If we do i dont mind your home," he smiled sweetly, "mine probeley isnt anywhere near as cool as yours."

Liesha sighed as the funeral was concluded and turned around and hung her head as she slowly left, taking soon to ths skies and heading toward her room wifhin the castle where she may hide. She didnt deserve to bd seen, she was a disgrace, she had caused y by being blind, she could never live that down. As she returned to her room she looked out toward the sky from her patio and then to Canterlot below, "Celestia has Luna and Luna has Celelestia, Cadence has Shining armor," she turned and began to head back in, "and who do I have?"

(He was a sargent before, only had control over a few troops but now Captian sounds good! Promotion Accepted!)

Rainbow dash giggled at Sorin's remark. [colour=#00FFFF]"Well......that was kind of the plan silly! Unless you want to sleep on the floor. And yea we could go to my place." [/colour]She said to him smiling. They took off and headed twoard their destination.

Spitfire followed Carmus out of the graveyard. She yawned audioably and they continued down the road. They eventually took off and into the skies above.

(Time jump Really soon)

[colour=#696969]"Yeah...let's get going." [/colour][colour=#000000]He said as he blushed from Shimmer's hug. So flashbomb had a crush on her...in a way that makes sense. Flashbomb was close to Shimmer and he did revive her. If only Time had known...maybe he wouldn't be in this relationship, but would he have wanted to not be here? Maybe if the circumstances were different...[/colour]

[colour=#000000](I'm okay with time change. I have an idea for the last post of Time.)[/colour]

(Time jump)

The Building of the monument took longer than expected, The dwindling recources and pony labor greatly hindered by what was now called the War of The night. The Giant marble slabs had to be hauled manually, Each Chiseled Individualy by hoof. The pegesai species had taken the hardest hit due to their Home of Cloudsdale taking the most damage. Now very few of them existed to even be called a species of their own. The Monument took 8 months to complete, the statues of war heros stood proudly on the soil that once held the Academy. The Wonderbolts held true and still preformed but now only on rare occasions. A gian Marble wall 20 feet tall and 600 feet long stood bearing the names of Everypony lost. A individual wall stood for the military personel, SERS, and Raptors who had fallen.The runway still stayed as a reminder of the Academy. Many Ponies came to it to pay their respects, Momentos Were held in a Triforged glass case, Velocity and Flashbomb's masks Lay there along with many weapons and other momentos such as dog tags, armor pieces and com recievers.

Spitfire Trotted down the runway looking as the teams lifted the final statues into place. Horizon stood directing the construction teams , He seemed sort of frustrated to her.

[colour=#008000]"No no no! Lift with your knees not your backs! Line holders pull harder! Dont let it fall!" [/colour]He shouted as the teams struggled. He rolled his eyes and trotted over he took the line from a Earthpony, He flapped his wings to gain leverage. [colour=#008000]"Now watch With your legs, Lean back and gain leverage. Center yourself then tug." [/colour]He said as he pulled the rope. Eventually The statue with the others help had Fallen into place. He groaned and kricked his neck, [colour=#008000]"That was good! only 3 more to go!" [/colour]He said.

Spitfire stood aside and giggled at his leading, She looked around, she wondered where Carmus could have gotten off to. She shrugged and watched intently.

The stallion in question silently hovered out of the sky above Spitfire, landing gently behind her, and speaking in his normal pitch, startling her a little, [colour=#b22222]"It's finally taking shape." [/colour]

Was all he said as he stepped forward to stand alongside Spitfire, chuckling as the mare punched his shoulder in retaliation, [colour=#b22222]"Just saw Drisk and his Griffons off. They send their farewells."[/colour][colour=#000000] [/colour]

[colour=#000000]Carmus glances over towards Shrike, who himself was struggling to keep his temper in check with two of his squad members. The generally irate sergeant had declined the promotion to Captain, claiming he didn't want to keep track of so many more ponies than he was used to.[/colour]

Carmus chuckled, looking back to Spitfire and giving her a kiss on the cheek, [colour=#B22222]"How are you feeling?"[/colour]

[colour=#000000](OOC: Aaaand my mind as for what Shimmer and the rest are doing is blanking. Drat.)[/colour]

Spitfire chuckled After he startled Her.[colour=#FFD700]"Yes it is." [/colour]She said. [colour=#FFD700]"Oh they left huh? Well it has been 8 months And im doing well."[/colour]She said to him. She gave him a quick kiss and looked back to the crew, [colour=#FFD700]"Horizon is Giving them a hard time. Kind of reminds me of the days of the Academy." [/colour]She said.

Horizon Shook his head as the crew couldnt Get the Statue up into position. He usually didnt get this Irate even under pressure in battle but this. The Ponies struggled and didnt keep their form. He looked to Shrike whom seemed to be just as frustrated as him. He sighed heavily and took the rope from a worker again. [colour=#008000]"By celestia....Let me do it."[/colour]He said as he pulled the statue, it lifted with the help of the pusher ponies and fell into place like the other one. He backed off and pointed to the last 2.[colour=#008000]"Remember what i said, you could get through it." [/colour]He said to them all. The crew groaned and went to another statue to attempt to pull it up. Horizon saw Carmus and Saluted him. He turned back to his work.

Carmus smiled, nodding to Spitfire, [colour=#b22222]"Mhm. Proceedings for a joint division between Equestria and the Griffon Kingdoms are underway." [/colour][colour=#000000]He nuzzles her ear briefly, [/colour][colour=#b22222]"Glad to hear it." [/colour]

[colour=#000000]He chuckles, watching Horizon commanding the work crews, returning his salute.[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Shrike gave an audible growl at one of the soldiers, a teal stallion who had no problem questioning the sergeant. The other one, a darker blue stallion had seemed to be sucking up to him, which irritated Shrike even more. He gave Carmus a long suffering look, and the Captain chuckled at him. [/colour]

Spitfire Watched the Memorial as the last statues were just about in place.[colour=#FFD700] "Diplomacy, its always good when you need it. It will secure us great allies." [/colour]She said. The last statue had been set and Horizon had started to dismiss everypony. He sat and huffed to himself, he seemed tired. She smiled and nuzzled Carmus again, She left him and trotted over to Horizon. [colour=#FFD700]"You and Shrike seemed to be having so much fun." [/colour]She said to him. He laughed a bit [colour=#008000]"Yea well. they were very heavy, and the troops who helped seemed to Be either snotty or Suck ups. Shrike is and exception." [/colour]He said to her. He looked at one of the statues, It was of Velocity and Flashbomb fighting off 3 shadowbolts, one of the largest of them all. [colour=#008000]"Cant believe that its been 8 months. And the darkness seems to be gone for good." [/colour]He sighed. He looked over to Shrike [colour=#008000]"Hey thanks Shrike, Couldnt have done it without you." [/colour]He said to him. He stood up slowly and trotted to the the Marble wall, [colour=#008000]"All of the lost are listed by Race such as Earth, Pegasus and Unicorn." [/colour]He said to her. He placed his hoof on it. He looked at the Pegasus list with sadness. The list was 5 times larger than the earth and unicorn list combined. [colour=#008000]"That one spell with the moon, taking over everypony's minds in cloudsdale, that nearly ended us." [/colour]He said to her. He stepped back and felt his heart heavy. [colour=#008000]"Nothing will be the same Spitfire, Nothing will." [/colour]He said as he looked at the list. He turned his gaze to the military and MIA lists.

Lyria watched over the city with a small glance at the ponies around her. [colour=#800080]"I don't know what to do now. It's been 8 months... I don't know who to go to. Who to possibly... I don't know anymore." [/colour][colour=#000000]She sighed, and sat silently. Spitfire, Carmus, and Horizon were near her, and she just ignored the sound of the yelling, the working, or whatever was going on.

(Now I feel bad for Lyria. She dosen't have anypony since Angel went missing. :oops:[/colour][colour=#000000] )[/colour]

"Yeah, no problem!" Shrike yelled back, somewhat sarcastically as he trotted over, looking up at the wall as well, "Through so much death and sadness, some happiness can still come through. As is the Equestrian way."

Carmus stayed back a few feet, observing the full size of the statues for a few seconds before stepping up to stand alongside them. He sighed, "This'll be a story to tell future generations, that's for sure."

(OOC: dang... That does suck. We need to get Delta (assuming that was his name) back here for a last minute happyfeels moment)

Time walked next to his marefriend, Shimmer. He had been dating her for a fairly long time and he had something that needed to be taken care of. He gave her a very caring smile as they approached the statue, he took a deep breath as he turned to her. [colour=#696969]"Shimmer, I need to ask you something..."[/colour]

[colour=#000000](Flashback!)[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Time stood in a blue room, with a long workbench, a wonderbolts poster, and tons of tools on the light blue bed that was messily made. Swift Blitz walked by, then went back and entered the room. [/colour][colour=#800080]"Time...you know, maybe we could change this room into something else." [/colour]

[colour=#000000]Time shook his head as he exited. [/colour][colour=#696969]"Gadget will always have a room in this house." [/colour][colour=#000000]He went to an end table, where a rose was sitting.[/colour]

[colour=#800080]"You have a date with Shimmer?" [/colour]

[colour=#696969]"Not just a date, the date."[/colour]

[colour=#800080]"Oh, your gonna ask her the question?"[/colour]

[colour=#696969]"Yep!"[/colour]

[colour=#800080]"You know she might be a bit scared after you tell her the story."[/colour]

[colour=#696969]"I think she'll understand...Where are you being shipped to?"[/colour]

[colour=#800080]"Not far, just trottingham."[/colour]

[colour=#696969]"The raptors got you all figured out?"[/colour]

[colour=#800080]"Well after I broke the sound barrier they were glad to take me places."[/colour]

[colour=#696969]"I can't believe it's already been three months since you joined."[/colour]

[colour=#800080]"Shimmer helped, you know."[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Time gives a happy smile, one he hasn't had since he was a foal. [/colour][colour=#696969]"Yeah...I know."[/colour]

[colour=#000000](Flashback ends!)[/colour]

Shimmer had been admiring the statue after returning Time's smile. Eight months since the War, and they had only grown closer since then. Her mane and tail had grown slightly longer in the past few months, and this was the first time in a long time that she didn't have to be wearing her armor, or her dress uniform. Quite frankly, it felt good to be in civvies for a change.

She had been admiring the statue when she heardTime speak, saying he needed to ask her a question. Shimmer looked at him curiously, her ear twitching slightly - a habit she'd recently picked gotten into when she was curious about something, "Yes... What is it?"

(OOC: Civvies: civilian clothes.)

Horizon Looked up at all the statues, he kept to his own little world as he recalled the battle. He nodded to Carmus [colour=#008000]"I suppose so....Give a little get a little, Give alot get alot. Life blooms from the ashes of death. And the wind shall carry the children to begin anew." [/colour]He said.

Spitfire tilted her head and smiled [colour=#FFD700]"Wow where did you get that?" [/colour]She asked.

Horizon chuckled as he watched the memorial, [colour=#008000]"The give a little part is mine, and the others are from the book called Sanctum exumous. A war book." (Based off of Sun Zu Art of war Great book) [/colour]

Spitfire nodded to him and looked to Shimmer and time, Her ears perked for what he was going to ask her.

Horizon got up and cracked his neck. [colour=#008000]"Im getting to old for this manual labor. Maybe i should have taken that promotion." [/colour]He said to himself. He coughed a bit and stepped forward looking at all the Momentos that were held in the cases.

[colour=#696969]"Well...the future is unpredictable. We both know that our loved ones can be taken away quickly. We've been dating for a while and...well, I've figured something out. Life is short, we can never tell what will ever happen, we never know but I do know one thing Shimmer. I want to spend it with you...*Hands her the rose, the bottom of the rose glimmers and shines. On it there is a golden Band.* Will you marry me?" [/colour][colour=#000000]His heart thumps as he awaits her answer. This was it, one of the biggest and most important events of his entire life. The proposal to Shimmer. This would greatly shape his future. He knew this was what he wanted, he felt better with her. He felt actual happiness, something he hadn't felt since he was a child.[/colour]

[colour=#b22222]"Well said." [/colour]Was Carmus response to Horizon. He chuckled when the stallion commented that he was getting to old for manual labor, [colour=#b22222]"You're getting to old? Tell that to the Commander! He's plenty older than either of us, and he does this kind of stuff regularly!"[/colour]

[colour=#40e0d0]"Wasn't he going to be resigning soon?"[/colour][colour=#000000] Shrike said, glancing over at Carmus, who reacted in surprise.[/colour]

[colour=#B22222]"What?! Why didn't I know about this?!"[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Shrike shrugs, [/colour][colour=#40e0d0]"Heck if I know!!" [/colour]

Shimmer listens to him as he speaks, a knowing smile slowly making itself across her mouth. She takes the rose from him, taking her sweet time looking it over before stepping forward and kissing the stallion for a few seconds. She releases and steps back, chuckling, [colour=#696969]"Just in case that wasn't proof enough, yes. I would be honored to!"[/colour]

[colour=#000000]She glances back at Carmus and Spitfire before whispering to Time, giggling slightly, [/colour][colour=#696969]"Though Carmus might be a bit miffed with you when I tell him. I think he was planning on asking Spitfire the same thing tonight."[/colour]

A sly smile spreads across his face. [colour=#696969]"Oh, well we can't ruin his fun." [/colour][colour=#000000]He says humorously. He kisses Shimmer again and turns towards the statue, never losing his smile.[/colour]

Liesha sat on her balcony and stared off intl the distance, wanting nothing more than to spread her wings and leave, but to where and why? She sighed and stared toward the sky and watched the clouds, "at least Soarin has a somepony," she said to herself and closed her eyes and hung her head.

Horizon laughed, [colour=#008000]"Well the Commander can just tell ponies to do stuff for him. I usually got to be hooves on with the matters." [/colour]He says to Carmus. He Looked to Shrike when he commented that the commander would be Resigning, [colour=#008000]"Wow he is? Huh. Thats new to me." [/colour]He said as he looked back to the memorial, it was hard for Him to keep his gaze off of the masks in the case. He hadnt gotten to Know more about them in the past 8 months. He looked over his shoulder to Carmus, [colour=#008000]"Hey sir could you come here a moment? What is it about these masks that make them so dangerous? I thought they gave incredible abilities to anypony who used them." [/colour]He asked Carmus.

Spitfire had listened, well eavesdropped on Time asking Shimmer the big question. She smiled and was going to congratulate them but turned her gaze and attention to Horizon. She trotted to him and smiled uneasily,[colour=#FFD700]"Well they do. But i think it has something to do with the power source. Im not sure though." [/colour]She said to Horizon. She looked to Carmus, [colour=#FFD700]"Am i somewhat correct."[/colour]

[colour=#b22222]"Aaah, but Horizon, you are mistaken. That's not the way Jet-Stream operates. Usually, he'd be down here helping us.. If he wasn't spending time with his family right now."[/colour]

Carmus says, with a slight chuckle.

[colour=#000000]Shrike shrugs, [/colour][colour=#40e0d0]"I thought I overheard him saying that somewhere. I'm honestly not sure."[/colour]

Carmus steps over to Horizon and Spitfire, nodding, [colour=#b22222]"You are correct Spitfire. Shimmer experienced this first hoof, and she told me about it the night of.. their death," [/colour][colour=#000000]he clears his throat, [/colour][colour=#b22222]"The mask runs off of magical energy stored in it's matrix. It conforms to the wearer's face, takes on their coat colour, their cutie marks, all that. Likewise, it gives them a much better HUD than our helmets provide us. The masks each possessed a unique ability, which drew out of that energy reservoir. When the reservoir is depleted, the mask's ability will automatically shut off, unless the user continues to push it. If the wearer does that, it will seek out the next compatible energy source, the wearer's life force. That's.. That is what happened to Velocity."[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Shimmer chuckled, leaning against her recent-fiance, [/colour][colour=#696969]"I'll let him know when he lets me know. If you're not there, I'll be sure to key you in on his reaction." [/colour]

She sees the group over there stepping over to the masks, and she hears Carmus explaining them. For somepony who'd never worn one, he had gleaned an impressive amount of information.

Soarin slowly opened an eye and looked around frantically as he had gorgotten he was at Rainbow Dash's house at first. He realized that hr was there and calmed down and turned over to see if she was still sleeping beside him.