Tents and stuff [Whatnot/Dubstep]

sarcatsic

It was a bright and sunny morning in this side of Equestria. A perfect day for Whatnot to bug the Ponyvillians! She giggled to herself at the thought that "Ponyvillians" sounded like "Ponyvillains". She actually had an excuse to be there today. She had a package to deliver. As always, she was curious to open it. Were there laws against opening other ponies' mail in Equestria? She'd have to read up on the laws later. But till then, she'd have to wonder why the package felt empty.

All of the buildings and houses in Ponyville weren't all symmetrical to each other. But soft! What was that off to the side of the town? Was that... a tent?

"Ponyville has hobos? That's crazy!" She felt the urge to investigate, so she did. She sashayed over to the tent and pretended to knock. "Anypony home?" She giggled.

Dubstep lay slumbering in his bright orange tent, now most campers would want a tent that blends in to the surroundings, but when you can get as easily lost as Dub, it pays to be able to spot the tent from a mile away.

As he slept though he didn't hear anypony coming until they 'knocked'; waking up Dub poked his head out of the entrance only to be greeted by a blue pony with a curly mane, "Oh hey, good mornin there, sup?" the DJ asked, rubbing the sleep out of his dual coloured eyes.

"Are you the local hobo pony? Funny, I was expecting someone dirty! Or at least someone with duller colors than yours." she stated to the yellow unicorn stallion. "Or maybe I can assume that you're a happily-committed pony, and your significant other kicked you out?" Giggles escaped her mouth, tho she didn't really try to stifle them. She flicked her tail happily, waiting for a response from him.

Dubstep couldn't help but chuckle, a hobo? Though from the way he lived in a tent and chilled most of the time, ponies would probably think that, "Hahah, no not quite a hobo, though I sorta am I guess eh? And no significant other heh. Naw, I'm a musician; I just got to town like, the other day or so, and been crashing in my tent here." he said with a smile, nodding into his tent where one could see various instruments and stacks of sheet music and records strew about the inside of the rather large tent, "Oh snap, 'bout forgot to introduce myself, the name's Dubstep, or Dub for short; it's groovy to meet you!"

"A musician! That lifestyle makes much more sense now!" She face/hoofed at herself for not thinking of that sooner! Then she giggled at him using the word "groovy," "GROOVY to meet you, Dub! I'm Whatnot." She smiled sweetly at him and backed up so that he may get out of his tent. She did wonder why he moved here when he didn;t even have anyone to move in with nor a house to move in TO.

Popping his head back in for a moment, Dubstep grabbed his neon green pair of shuttershades and slipped them on before stepping out from his tent with a smile, "So what brings you to my little corner of Ponyville eh?" he asked as he brushed his mane out of his face, "Or do you live nearby and I just don't know it? I still haven't gotten the layout of this place figured out...took me forever to find the post office the other day...and then took forever to find my way back here heheh." Dub's sense of direction, well not to say it was horrible, but when you need a map of your hometown to not get lost, it's pretty bad.